• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,959 Views, 49 Comments

Sweet Affection - Masterob



Apple Bloom's attempts to set Rumble up with Scootaloo result in potential love between Rumble and Sweetie Belle

  • ...
9
 49
 2,959

Deeper Feelings

Apple Bloom strolled through town the next day, she had a smile on her face and a plan ready to get moving. Both plans to be precise, walking side by side with her.

On one side was the Gamer Colt and the pony who had a crush on Sweetie Belle for the longest time, Button Mash. On the other side was the formerly spoiled daughter of Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich, Diamond Tiara.

"So what exactly are we doing again?" Diamond asked.

"Getting Rumble together with Scootaloo, first we gotta break up Rumble and Sweetie Belle," Apple Bloom said.

"Um...doesn't that seem, you know, kinda mean?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Never thought I 'd hear you say that," Button Mash joked.

Diamond Tiara blushed angrily, "Oh be quiet."

"Enough, both of ya," Apple Bloom said. "Ah know what I'm doing!"

"Fine by me, little annoyed that Rumble kinda swooped in and took my filly, last I checked, Sweetie Belle is supposed to be my marefiend," Button Mash arrogantly said.

"Oh hush up, Sweetie Belle, or any filly for that matter, isn't a prize to claim," Diamond then glanced slightly at Apple Bloom. "Neither is any colt for that matter."

"I'm just doing what's best fer them! Dang it Diamond Tiara, who's side are you on?" Apple Bloom asked.

"The side that doesn't wanna get in trouble?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"With who? No offense but yer parents aren't exactly the strict type, especially not yer mother," Apple Bloom said.

"It's not really my parents, suppose your sister finds out? Or Sweetie Belle's sister? Suppose Princess Twilight found out!?" Diamond Tiara asked nervously.

"We're just gonna prove to Sweetie Belle that Rumble isn't the best colt fer her, no big deal alright?" Apple Bloom said.

"I'm all for it!" Button Mash said.

"Whatever," Diamond Tiara said.

The two made it to the park area where Rumble and Sweetie Belle were talking a nice walk.

"There they are, ya'll know what to do," Apple Bloom said.

"Me first," Button said confidently. He walked over to the two, getting their attention right away. "Hey, Sweetie Belle!"

The two looked over to the colt, Sweetie Belle speaking first. "Button Mash?"

Button Mash approached her, a big grin on his face. "Hey Sweetie Belle, it's been a while, what've you been up to?"

"Dating my coltfriend," Sweetie Belle said, gesturing over to Rumble.

"Hi Button Mash," Rumble said.

Button Mash waved quickly, "Sup Tumble?"

"Rumble."

"Yeah, yeah, so Sweetie Belle, when you're done watching over this kid, how about a real date?" Button Mash asked.

Rumble glared at Button Mash for that comment, "Excuse me?"

Sweetie Belle looked really appalled from what she heard, "That wasn't nice Button!"

"I'm just being honest, truth be told this kid doesn't look like much. I'd be doing you a favor by dating you instead," Button arrogantly said.

Apple Bloom watched with interest from nearby, "Wow, this kid's really taking to his role."

"A little too well," Diamond Tiara said.

Sweetie Belle looked furious at what she just heard. "Button Mash! What's with this sudden arrogance of yours?"

"What? You like that about me don't you?" Button asked arrogantly.

Sweetie Belle groaned at that, but Rumble calmed her down by stroking her mane. "Ignore him, if he wants to act bratty then let him, I'm fine as long as I have you."

Sweetie Belle blushed at that, but Button Mash wasn't gonna give up so easily. "Hey! Who asked your opinion? Why don't you run off back to your foalsitters?"

"Why don't you run back to your mommy?" Rumble replied with a sly smirk.

Sweetie Belle looked a little surprised at Rumble's wittiness, but Button Mash looked annoyed. "What'd you say!?"

"Look me and Sweetie Belle are on a date, we'd appreciate it if you didn't come in acting obnoxious. Now I suggest you leave, you're not exactly pleasant to be around right now."

Even Apple Bloom was amazed at what she heard, "Wow, who knew he could speak so...confidently?"

"There's more to this kid than we expected," Diamond Tiara said.

Button Mash wasn't taking this too well though, "Hey, you can't talk to me like that! You're just a big wuss!"

"And you're an immature colt, now I suggest you leave our sight," Rumble said.

Button Mash looked surprised, he stepped back while slightly glancing towards Apple Bloom, who offered a shrug in confusion. He looked back to Rumble, feeling a bit more determined, "Well...I bet you're not even that tough, I bet you only act tough, just to show off for a filly, just like your brother."

"Whatever makes you feel better, now I'd like to continue my date," Rumble said, trotting off with Sweetie Belle. Button Mash felt even more agitated. He rushed in front of Rumble, standing on his hind legs while holding his hooves up for a fight.

"What is he doing?" Diamond asked from nearby.

Rumble looked pitifully surprised, "What's the point of this?"

"You and me, right now, see who's the most masculine colt!" Button said, throwing some air jabs.

Rumble face hoofed, "Go home Button, you're being silly."

"Yeah, seriously, buzz off," Sweetie Belle said.

Button shook his head, "Not until I prove I'm more of a colt than he is, now take this!" As Button went in for his punch, Rumble quickly grabbed his foreleg and pulled his hoof while pushing his shoulder down, causing Button to whine in pain. "Ow, ow, ow!"

"This is why I said to go home," Rumble said, maintaining the hold.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" Button pleaded.

Rumble glared a bit, "I should hope so. Now let's try not to do something like this again, I really don't wanna hurt you, but I will stop you if you act this rude again."

Button nodded as he whimpered, "Ok, ok, I got it!"

"Good," Rumble said, letting go of Button. "Now go, you're free to come see us again, but only after you've matured up a bit."

Button nodded hastily, "Sure thing, got it!" He quickly trotted off, not wanting to stay around Rumble that much more.

Sweetie Belle looked impressed, seeing Rumble so assertive seems so unusual given his shy nature. Rumble's been acting a little different since she's met him, does him dating her have to do with this?

"Wow, um, Rumble, that was...something," Sweetie Belle said.

Rumble looked a little concerned, "That wasn't too um...you know, rude was it? I didn't really wanna hurt him or anything, but I also didn't want him bothering us."

"No, that's fine, you didn't do anything bad, I think you handled that maturely," Sweetie Belle insisted. "Though I'm surprised you were able to do something like that."

"I practice that with my brother, so we're both ready and able to protect ourselves and others. It's part of his Wonderbolts training, so he's ready to protect others if need be, like if a monster shows up, or maybe Changelings," Rumble said.

"That's kinda cool, so are you really good?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Actually I don't know much, I was only able to stop Button Mash because he's much weaker, but I'm still practicing, extra hard since I'm dating you and I want to be able to protect you," Rumble said.

Sweetie Belle blushed, "Wow, I'm very flattered Rumble."

"Truth is I don't like the idea hurting others though, I usually try to avoid it," Rumble said.

"Hey you're allowed to defend yourself and those closest to you, anyway let's just continue our walk," Sweetie Belle said.

Rumble smiled, "Sure thing."

As the two walked, Button returned to Apple Bloom. "It didn't work, and he really hurt my foreleg."

"Quit yer whining, mah plan's not over, lets go," Apple Bloom said, leading the two to her next plan, much to their worry.

Elsewhere, Twilight Sparkle entered the Carousel Boutique, hoping to see Rarity a moment. While there she noticed Thunderlane sitting alone on a chair.

"Hello there Thunderlane," Twilight greeted.

Thunderlane waved, "Sup Princess?"

Twilight took a seat next to Thunderlane. "So what brings you here? I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the clothes or fashion."

"I'm just waiting for Rarity to finish so we can go on our date," Thunderlane answered.

Twilight blinked in surprise, "Wait, you're dating Rarity?"

"Totally, it started around my brother's third date with Sweetie Belle, me and Rarity just felt something, since then we've been dating. Granted it was only two days I still feel something special," Thunderlane said.

"Wow, that's so sweet, so now both you and your brother have that special pony in your life?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, never thought we'd date a pair of sisters. It's kinda funny that we seem to attract pairs of sisters, between my friends, who are sisters, are also his foalsitters. Even funnier that I once dated Cloudchaser and Rumble for a brief time had a crush on Flitter," Thunderlane said.

Twilight giggled, "That sure is something."

"So, are you here to see Rarity as well?" Thunderlane asked.

"I would like to say 'hi' to her, but I'm mostly here to check on Sweetie Belle," Twilight said.

"She's not here, my brother took her for a walk in the park," Twilight said.

"Oh, I was hoping to see her. She seemed a little upset yesterday," Twilight said.

Thunderlane looked worried, "Oh no, is she gonna break up with my brother?"

"No, she really likes him, she won't break up with him," Twilight reassured.

Thunderlane sighed in relief, "Good, that would be awful if they broke up."

"Wow, you must really like the idea of your brother having a marefriend," Twilight said.

"That, and it might affect my relationship with Rarity," Thunderlane lamented. After a quick silence, he turned to see a very irritated looking Twilight. "But I do care for my brother too."

Twilight glared a little, "I hope so, Rumble seems like an ideal little brother. Kind, caring, well mannered..."

"That's because he's not your little brother, he can be a bit bratty if he wants to, though he's only like that with me, he'll never do that with his foalsitters, unless he's really annoyed," Thunderlane said.

"Well it seems like a foal thing, I acted a little bratty with my older brother, but for the most part he's respectful, and the cutest little colt I've had the pleasure of seeing, aside from Tender Taps," Twilight said.

"Didn't you mistake him for a filly? That really upset him you know," Thunderlane said.

Twilight groaned, "One time...I even apologized, he accepted it, why must everypony still remember that?"

"It was awkward. Anyway don't worry, he did forgive you, though he hates when it gets brought up, I should know, I bug him with it sometimes," Thunderlane joked.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Maybe this is why he acts bratty around you."

Thunderlane scoffed, "Cute..."

Twilight sat next to Thunderlane, "Still I mean what I say, Rumble's a nice and sweet boy, I'm glad he's currently dating Sweetie Belle. I believe they're perfect for each other."

Thunderlane grinned with a nod, "Yeah, I'm proud that Rumble finally overcame his shyness. This is the second time he's really been able to do that."

"What was the first time?" Twilight asked.

"Not too long ago, when he met Dinky. Normally he didn't talk to other ponies, but one day he noticed that Dinky looked lonely. They talked for a bit and next thing you knew, they're instant best friends, it was kinda cute," Thunderlane said.

"That does sound cute, I'm glad Rumble could show true friendship, though how come he never thought of Dinky the same way he thinks of Sweetie Belle?" Twilight asked.

"Because they were afraid to. Dinky was just happy to have a friend, and same with Rumble. They were afraid if they tried do have more than a friendship it wouldn't work and their friendship would fall apart. They're just fine being only friends," Thunderlane insisted.

"Makes sense, I'm not too sure about romance myself, but I can imagine how awkward it might be to try and date a friend and it not working out," Twilight said.

"Exactly, though if you're interested in getting yourself a pony to date you, maybe I can assist," Thunderlane said.

Twilight shook her head, "I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"You sure about that? You're pretty cute, you could get anypony you want," Thunderlane said.

"I'm fine, really. But thanks, I appreciate the flattery," Twilight said.

A moment later Rarity had come out and noticed the two. "Thunderlane, you're here. Oh and Twilight, what brings you over darling?"

"Hi Rarity, I just wanted to check on Sweetie Belle, though I understand she isn't here at the moment," Twilight said.

"Yes, she's on her date, but I'll let her know you stopped by," Rarity said.

"Thanks," Twilight said, then stood up. "Anyway I'll see you around, have fun on your dates."

"Come by again Twilight," Rarity said as her friend left.

"She's really humble for a Princess, sometimes I forget she is one," Thunderlane said.

"Yes, she doesn't like to flaunt her title, she doesn't care much for the attention," Rarity explained.

Thunderlane escorted her to the door, "Shall we my dear lady?"

Rarity giggled, "You're quite a charmer."

The two made their way out the Boutique, ready for their next date.

Back in Ponyville Park, Rumble and Sweetie Belle are sitting against a tree, snuggled against each other. From the bushes Apple Bloom turned her attention to Diamond Tiara, "Ok, your turn."

"I don't feel too comfortable about this," Diamond said.

"Come on, just channel that old bratty self of yers," Apple Bloom said.

"But I don't like my old bratty self, you don't like my old bratty self either, nopony does," Diamond said.

"It's fer Sweetie Belle's own good, get out there and show some tough love," Apple Bloom said.

Diamond rolled her eyes, "Fine, but you owe me for this, friends or not!" Diamond trotted over to them while Button Mash grinned.

"Is it me, or is she kinda cute when she's mad?" Button said. Suddenly a yelp of pain was heard when Apple Bloom struck his arm.

"Put a lid on it," Apple Bloom said, then looked back to Rumble and Sweetie Belle.

Diamond Tiara had approached the two, reluctantly going back to her old bratty attitude. "Well look who we have here."

The two foals noticed Diamond Tiara standing there.

"Oh, hey Diamond Tiara, what brings you here?" Sweetie Belle said.

Diamond turned to Rumble, "You're handsome, wanna be my coltfriend?"

The two foals looked surprised, that was blunt and sudden.

"Sorry, but I'm dating Sweetie Belle," Rumble said.

Diamond was feeling remorse for how she was about to act, but put it aside for now. She could only hope Sweetie Belle could forgive her later. "Why waste your time with her? I could give you so much more."

Sweetie Belle looked hurt, "Diamond Tiara, that's kinda mean."

"Deal with it, I see something I like, and I want it," Diamond said.

Button looked impressed, "Wow, she went back to being a brat in no time."

Sweetie Belle looked pretty hurt by her comment, "Hey I thought we were friends."

"Oh please, you think just because you have your Cutie Mark now that all of a sudden we're friends? Don't make me laugh," Diamond said. Truthfully she hated what she was doing, she knows this is hurting Sweetie Belle's feelings. "Please forgive me for this later on Sweetie Belle, I'll get you all the ice cream you would want."

Button looked unsure, "Why is she even asking out Rumble? I thought the point was for Rumble to date Scootaloo?"

"Either two things will happen. One, he'll wuss out and let Sweetie Belle be insulted, not saying much, or two, he'll give in and date Diamond Tiara, or try to, showing he doesn't really care about Sweetie Belle," Apple Bloom said.

"The second part seems unlikely, and even so, how will that get him Scootaloo?" Button asked.

"Diamond Tiara will dump him, now stop asking questions!" Apple Bloom said.

With Diamond, she's still talking to Sweetie Belle. "I'm doing you a favor, Rumble is way out of your league, stick to somepony your level. It will prevent you from embarrassing yourself." She then spoke to Rumble, "So what's it gonna be handsome? Me or the Blank Flank who got lucky?"

Rumble looked to the side, he could see that Sweetie Belle is on the verge of tears, not just the insults but she doesn't know why Diamond Tiara is suddenly being mean again. Rumble stood up and walked over to Diamond Tiara, getting the attention of Apple Bloom.

"Is he really gonna go fer her?" Apple Bloom asked.

"You know if he goes for her while dating Sweetie Belle, what's to stop him from doing that when he's dating-OW!" Button cried in pain from Apple Bloom's punch.

"Shut yer dang mouth, yer worse than Tender Taps" Apple Bloom loudly whispered.

Rumble had walked over to Diamond, but what she saw wasn't a look of interest, or a look of shyness. She saw a look of anger, Rumble was not happy, and it was unsettling.

"You hurt her feelings. Apologize to her, right now," Rumble demanded.

Diamond gulped and looked to Sweetie Belle, "I'm sorry! I really am! I didn't mean a word I said! Do you forgive me?"

Sweetie Belle sniffled as she wiped her face. "I guess...what was all that about?"

"I don't know, I really don't," Diamond said, backing away a little, not wanting to be near an angry looking Rumble.

Rumble huffed in annoyance, "Let's go somewhere more private Sweetie Belle, I'm getting quite annoyed with these random interruptions."

Suddenly Sweetie Belle had an idea of what was going on, between Button's more than unusual behavior and Diamond's sudden bratty attitude.

"Sure thing Rumble," Sweetie Belle said, following her coltfriend. She had no idea he could be so aggressive though, and really protective of her. To think that she once though he wasn't boyish, he's the most boyish colt she knows right now.

Diamond walked back to Apple Bloom, still freaked out, "He looked really scary, I don't ever wanna do this again!"

Apple Bloom groaned, "Now what? Gotta figure something else out."

"Just forget this Apple Bloom, he likes her and she likes him. I'm sorry Scootaloo won't get her coltfriend but she an always find another. With my influence she could have any colt she wants," Diamond said.

"Or filly," Button added.

Apple Bloom shook her head, "No, ah ain't done yet."

Diamond and Button sighed, there was no reasoning with this filly. Apple Bloom continued to tap her chin, thinking of a good plan.

Elsewhere Rainbow Dash is flying over Ponyville, taking a break from her Wonderbolts practice. Good thing the Academy isn't that far from Ponyville, she can stop by and see her friends. While flying overhead, she noticed Scootaloo with Tender Taps, the two having a conversation of sorts.

"Hey it's Scootaloo, and some kid I don't really know," Rainbow Dash said, then flew over to them. "Sup Squirt?"

Scootaloo looked up, "Oh, hey Rainbow Dash!"

Tender Taps waved, "Hello Miss Rainbow Dash."

"Uh, drop the 'Miss', alright kid?" Rainbow said.

Tender Taps nodded, "Right, sorry."

"So what brings you here Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo asked.

"Nothing really, just hoping to see some friends, so what about you? Who's this colt? Somepony you're dating?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Scootaloo groaned as Tender Taps blushed, leaving Rainbow Dash a bit confused at their reactions.

"Rainbow Dash, don't just say things like that," Scootaloo complained.

"We're um...not dating," Tender Taps said.

Rainbow Dash smiled sheepishly, "Right, sorry. Just haven't seen the kid around much so I took a guess."

"He's a pony Apple Bloom once helped with his Cutie Mark, I'm just talking with him for a bit," Scootaloo said.

"Truth be told, there's another filly I like, so she's helping me with that," Tender Taps said with a blush.

"Another filly huh?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Mind telling me who?"

Tender Taps looked to Scootaloo, "Should I?"

"If you want, no big deal really, your choice," Scootaloo said.

Tender Taps nodded and turned to Rainbow Dash, "It's Apple Bloom, I have a crush on her."

Rainbow Dash crossed her forelegs, "Apple Bloom huh? That's kinda cute I guess. You sure you're not into Scootaloo though? She's a pretty awesome filly."

Scootaloo blushed a little, "We're just friends. Besides there's another pony I like."

"Who? Wait don't tell me it's Thunderlane's little brother," Rainbow said.

Scootaloo looked surprised, "How'd you know?"

"You make it pretty obvious. Whenever we're around Thunderlane and his group of friends, you can barely look at Rumble, and you're always blushing," Rainbow said.

"Well, yeah, I like Rumble," Scootaloo said.

Rainbow Dash shook her head, "Kinda hoping you would do better than that. He's a nice colt and all, but he's too shy and sensitive. Everytime I try helping him with some flying techniques, I need to hear Flitter tell me to stop being so harsh, because it hurts his feelings or something. How's he gonna be a great flyer if he can't handle tough talk? He won't make it through The Wonderbolts Academy."

Scootaloo looked disapprovingly at her sister figure. "Look Dash, I know he's sensitive and not, well, too boyish, but in a way I kinda like that about him. I can help him be tough and he can help me be more..in touch with my feelings."

"...Why would you want to do that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"What's wrong with that? You can be soft too, you're soft on Fluttershy," Scootaloo said.

"Well...good point I guess. Alright, I think I should be able to help. I'll talk with Thunderlane and I'll get him to talk to Rumble, this way I can help you get your colt, and maybe I can also help Tender Taps as well," Rainbow said.

"Wow, you'd do that for me?" Tender Taps asked.

"I don't see why not, you're a friend of Scootaloo's, so any friend of hers is a friend of mine," Rainbow Dash said.

"Wow, thanks Mi-er I mean Rainbow Dash," Tender Taps said.

"Good, anyway I'm off, see you both later," Rainbow said and flew off.

Scootaloo waved, then looked to Tender Taps. "You have Rainbow Dash helping you now, consider yourself lucky."

"Yeah, but it's weird. She doesn't like Rumble for you because he's shy and sensitive, yet she liked teasing the idea of us being together. I'm pretty shy myself, remember that I couldn't even dance in front of a small crowd? You and the others had to help me," Tender Taps said.

"She probably doesn't know that, if she knew you more she probably wouldn't have teased it, unless she was joking. Then again she didn't sound super excited when saying that so maybe she was joking, or maybe she has another reason for not liking Rumble," Scootaloo said.

"Well hopefully she can be of help, that's if Apple Bloom hasn't talked to her first," Tender Taps said.

"Speaking of Apple Bloom, where has she been? I tried asking her before about Rumble and Sweetie Belle but she didn't give me a real answer. She just told me she's working on it," Scootaloo said.

"I've barely seen Sweetie Belle myself, what if she did fall in love with Rumble? What if she's not faking anymore?" Tender Taps asked.

"Oh please, I doubt she'd actually fall for the kid, he's not her type. She doesn't like shy and sensitive colts," Scootaloo said.

"Well, maybe she changed her mind," Tender Taps suggested.

"I doubt that, anyway lets not worry right now, lets go do something else," Scootaloo said.

"Like what?" Tender Taps asked.

"Let's figure it out, that's half the fun after all," Scootaloo said, grabbing Tender's hoof and pulling him, causing him to yelp a little.

Back with Sweetie Belle and Rumble, the two are sitting at an ice cream stand, each licking their choice of ice cream.

As Rumble licked, he looked over to Sweetie Belle and started to giggle, gaining her curiosity .

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"You've got ice cream on your nose," Rumble said.

Sweetie looked between her face and blush, "How long has that been there?"

"Don't worry, I'll clean it for you," Rumble said and licked her muzzle, causing her to giggle.

"Rumble, that tickles," Sweetie Belle said.

"So you're ticklish too huh? I'll have fun with that later," Rumble said with a grin.

"I'm sure you will," Sweetie Belle said and continued licking her ice cream.

Apple Bloom watched with Button and Diamond nearby.

"This is getting boring," Button complained.

"Hey you want Sweetie Belle or not?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Kinda, but she's too in love with that colt, what am I supposed to do, act like him?" Button asked.

"Like you could pull that off," Diamond said condescendingly.

"Hey take that back you spoiled filly!" Button shouted.

"What'd you call me you whiney baby!?" Diamond shouted.

"Will you both hush up! They might hear you!" Apple Bloom angrily said.

Back with Rumble, his ear just twitched. "Sweetie Belle, did you hear anything?"

"Huh?" Sweetie Belle listened out. "No, I don't hear anything, why?"

"I thought I heard some other ponies, I hope we don't get interrupted again," Rumble said.

"Yeah, that was so weird," Sweetie Belle said, tapping her chin.

Rumble's ears dropped, "Hey, Sweetie Belle, you don't think I was too hard on the other ponies do you?"

"Hm? You mean Button Mash and Diamond Tiara?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah, I don't like being so tough with others, if it were me by myself, I would have just ignored them or left, but when I saw how much it made you unhappy, I just couldn't let them behave that way," Rumble said.

Sweetie Belle patted his shoulder, "Don't worry about it. You're just being a good coltfriend, I'm really grateful that you care so much about me. You make me feel safe, because you're always there for me."

Rumble smiled at his marefriend, "I'm glad. I'll do anything for you, all I need is to always be able to see your beautiful face."

Sweetie turned away, unable to contain her blush. "Rumble, you're making me feel all...tingly."

Rumble pulled her in for a side hug. "Sorry, but it's how I feel."

Sweetie Belle nuzzled his neck, "That's fine, I love when you compliment me."

Rumble kissed her forehead, then held his ice cream cone closer to hers. "Wanna mix our ice cream together? We can share the same cone."

Sweetie Belle nodded, "Sure, I don't mind."

Rumble put the scoop of his ice cream on Sweetie Belle's and the two began to lick from the same cone.

Apple Bloom watched with a cringe on her face. "Ah didn't realize he could be that sappy, what does Scootaloo see in that boy?"

"Yeah, what a total weirdo," Button said with a bored look.

"He's so dreamy," Diamond said with a blush.

Button and Apple Bloom glared at Diamond, then focused back on the couple.

"How can we get them to break up? There's gotta be something ah didn't think of," Apple Bloom said.

"How did they even get together in the first place?" Button asked.

Suddenly, Apple Bloom seemed to have an idea. "That's it!"

"What's it?" Diamond asked.

"What Button Mash said, that gave me an idea on how to fix this!" Apple Bloom said.

"Huh? How did I give you an-" Button stopped talking when he felt himself lifted into the air, "Hey, what's going on?" He was then tossed to a nearby trash can, alerting Rumble and Sweetie Belle.

"Rumble? What just happened?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Rumble shrugged, then looked around to see what caused the noise.

Meanwhile Apple Bloom looked really surprised, "What in the world?" She then turned to Diamond Tiara. "Did you see what happened?"

Diamond looked around and pointed, "She did it!"

Apple Bloom looked over and saw Dinky standing there, her horn glowing from having recently used some magic.

"That takes care of one of you, now for the other two!" Dinky said, angrily approaching Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara.

"Oh no, she looks mad," Diamond Tiara said, a little freaked out. Apple Bloom was fine though, she stood her ground against the angry Unicorn.

"I thought I told you not to mess with their relationship, Rumble's worked too hard to make Sweetie Belle happy just for you to come in and be a pain in the flank!" Dinky said.

"I'm doing what ah need to do fer my friends," Apple Bloom said.

Dinky stepped forward again but Diamond got in the middle.

"Listen, lets not let this get carried away, surely we can-" Suddenly Diamond Tiara was lifted up with the same magic. "Wait! Let's talk about-" she was then tossed in the same direction as Button Mash, landing on top of the colt.

"Ow, geez lose some weight will you?" Button complained.

Diamond blushed angrily, "You idiot!" She bonked him hard on the head for that, leaving Button with teary eyes.

"I wanna go home," Button whined.

Back with Apple Bloom, she and Dinky were standing face to face, neither backing down from each other.

"Are you gonna back off or not!?" Dinky asked.

"Why don't you make me?" Apple Bloom said.

Dinky charged her horn again, ready to send Apple Bloom flying when they heard another voice.

"What's going on!?"

The two turned and saw Rumble standing nearby, with Sweetie Belle with him.

"Apple Bloom!? What are you doing here!?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Fixing a mistake! You took what wasn't yours and I'm making things right!" Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle groaned, "It was Rumble's choice! He's with me and I'm with him, get used to it!"

"I suggest you listen to your friend! Don't mess with their romance!" Dinky shouted.

"Hey, buzz off Derpy Jr.!" Apple Bloom said.

"What'd you call me!?" Dinky shouted, grabbing Apple Bloom with her hooves.

"Hey! Get off me!" Apple Bloom shouted, shoving Dinky back.

The two looked ready to challenge each other when Rumble stepped between them. "That's enough! I don't want any fighting! That's going to make this worse!" Rumble turned Dinky. "I know you care, and I Iove that you do, but you need to handle this better. I don't want you doing anything stupid." He turned to Apple Bloom, "I don't get why you're so annoyed that I'm dating Sweetie Belle, if you don't like me then I can respect that, she's your friend, but you need to be more mature about this, that way we can work this out better."

Dinky lowered her ears in shame. "I'm sorry Rumble, I just want you to be happy, because you made me happy the day you became my friend. I just want to pay you back for that kindness."

"Being my friend is enough for me Dinky, you should know that," Rumble said.

Dinky gave a half smile, "Yeah, I should, I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Rumble said, giving Dinky a small hug. He then turned to Apple Bloom, "What about you? Are you gonna lighten up?"

Apple Bloom groaned, "Whatever, I'm leaving." She glared at Sweetie Belle, "Yer a terrible friend." She glared slightly at Rumble, "And yer dating the wrong pony." She then trotted off, leaving the ponies annoyed or confused.

"What is she so upset about anyway?" Rumble asked.

"Ignore her, she's just being stubborn," Sweetie Belle said.

"Seriously, you two are perfect for each other, I'm going to make sure you two are happy together," Dinky said.

Sweetie Belle turned curiously to Dinky, "Hey, why did you get so upset about being called 'Derpy Jr.'? Don't you like her?"

"Of course I do. I love Derpy very, I just hate when ponies tell me that, they think she's my mother even though she's the same age as your sister. I mean seriously, my sister is the same age as Derpy, but because me and Derpy have similar hair, they think we're mother and daughter. It doesn't help that Derpy can be a bit clumsy so ponies expect me to be that clumsy, so if I trip, or fall, or make a mistake, I'm labeled as Derpy's clutzy little filly, it gets me so frustrated!" Dinky let out a large huff.

"Oh, is that why you didn't have many friends when you were younger?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Dinky nodded, "Yeah, most ponies didn't want to play with the so-called daughter of the local clutz, the fact that Derpy watches over me doesn't help, not that I don't enjoy her company. I love her like a mom in a way, but it's so agitating. Rumble was the first pony to talk to me, he asked me to play with him. Do you remember that Rumble?"

"Yeah, you didn't trust me, you thought I was playing a joke," Rumble said.

"Yeah, I feel kinda silly for that, luckily you proved that you were being serious, and we did play together. After that we became the best of friends, and I've never been happier," Dinky said.

"Same here, it was the first time I overcame my shyness, I couldn't stand the idea of another pony being so lonely after all," Rumble said.

Dinky approached Rumble and affectionately nuzzled him, "You're my best friend Rumble, I love you more than anything. I'll always find a way to make sure you stay happy."

Rumble returned to the nuzzle, "Just keep being my friend."

Dinky looked over to Sweetie Belle, "Promise me that you'll always be good to Rumble, to love him like I love him, to always be together no matter what. He loves you, he's happy to be around you, I hope you return that feeling honestly."

Sweetie Belle was doing her best to fight back some tears, all this was so emotional for her. She loves seeing true friendship, this would make Princess Twilight happy. She wiped her eyes and smiled honestly, "Of course, I love Rumble, and I will never do anything to make him unhappy."

Rumble approached Sweetie Belle, the two sharing a nice deep kiss. "Let's go now."

Sweetie Belle nodded, then turned to Dinky, "Thanks, hopefully you find your own pony that you can be with."

"I'm fine right now, I have Rumble's friendship, that's all I need," Dinky said.

"You have mine too," Sweetie Belle said. "Hopefully we can be close someday."

Dinky smiled at that, "I'd like that, another Unicorn to practice magic with me."

"We could ask Twilight to teach us, who knows, maybe we can become Princesses ourselves," Sweetie Belle said.

"You're already my Princess," Rumble said, nuzzling against Sweetie Belle's face.

"Aw, my handsome Knight," Sweetie Belle said, returning the nuzzle.

Dinky giggled, "You should get back to your date, I need to get to the store, I promised Derpy I'd get some muffins for her, she's probably gonna wonder why I'm so late."

"Ok, we should get-" Rumble then noticed that Button and Diamond were standing nearby, still dirty from being thrown in the trash. "Oh, hi you two."

Diamond shook some trash out her mane, "I'm never listening to Apple Bloom again."

"Wait, was Apple Bloom the reason you two acted the way you did?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Diamond nodded, "Yeah, she said it was for your own good, though I don't believe that much anymore."

"Her plans sucked," Button said.

Diamond looked to Sweetie Belle with an apologetic face. "I'm so sorry for hurting your feelings, I hated doing that, but Apple Bloom insisted that-"

"It's fine, don't worry, I forgive you," Sweetie Belle said.

"I'll make it up to you," Diamond said.

"No, you don't need to, it's fine, I'm not mad," Sweetie Belle insisted.

"But...I was really mean," Diamond said.

"I said I'm fine, I don't blame you ok?" Sweetie Belle said. She didn't want to make a huge deal out of this, she hardly blames Diamond Tiara anyway.

"And I'm sure Button Mash is sorry too, right?" Rumble said.

"Yeah, whatever, I'm going home now, my games are waiting for me," Button said, trotting off.

Rumble sighed, "Well I'm glad that was-"

"Why don't you love me!?" Button asked, rushing back to Sweetie Belle. "We had something toge-"

"Button Mash!" Diamond shouted and clonked his head, knocking Button down and dizzy. "Sorry, I'll get him out of here, see you later." Diamond grabbed Button by his tail and dragged him off, leaving the other three foals just standing there in surprise.

"That...was weird, anyway let's get going then," Rumble said, trotting off with Sweetie Belle after saying bye to Dinky, as she walked to the store to get muffins.

What they didn't realize was that Rainbow Dash had arrived not too long ago, having seen some of what happened.

"This might be a problem for Scootaloo," Rainbow said, then flew off, trying to figure things out.

Author's Note:

Rumble's a little different now, and a little more insight into his friendship with Dinky. Plus Button Mash and Diamond Tiara make for weird sidekicks.