• Published 11th Nov 2016
  • 873 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: The Friendship Games - Epicdiscord214



What does Discord have to contribute to the Friendship Games? Read for yourself.

  • ...
2
 33
 873

Rolling Up the Discord Carpet

Twilight was very nervous about packing more than just her lab equipment. She grabbed her sweater, but Spike tried to pull it away from it. Twilight pulled back

"Spike, let go!" Twilight commanded. "I was planning to go to Canterlot High eventually!" The dog let go and it hit Twilight in the face. "I just didn't think I'd have to compete. It's not like Principal Cinch is giving me much of a choice. The only downside is that I won't get as much data as I thought." She picked up her circular device and wore it around her neck like a necklace. "But maybe I could get some."

Twilight grabbed her backpack, but Spike latched his teeth onto it. He gave a whining whimper that made Twilight smile. She unzipped the backpack and let Spike in.

"Just don't make as much noise and try not to shed."

Twilight exited her lab, the hallways, and the whole building. Outside were three buses that were parked side by side. Right beside the closest bus, Dean Cadance was working on her clipboard in front of a line of students with Sour Sweet talking to her friend, Sunny Flare, at the front.

Twilight walked in front of Sour Sweet (who was upset about that) and spoke.

"Dean Cadance, I was wondering where I'd be?"

"Hang on a minute, Twilight." Cadance said checking her clipboard.

"You could try the end of the line." Sour Sweet growled.

"What?" Twilight asked.

Sour Sweet then put on an innocent-looking smile and talked in a sweet voice.

"Just that someone as special and important as you should definitely go in first.

Twilight took a minute to realize where she was standing. She suddenly felt embarrassed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I..."

"This is the right bus, Twilight." Cadance said. She left before Twilight could say anything else.

"But... I didn't meant to cut in line." Twilight said quietly.

"Well, it's too late now." Sour Sweet growled.

Twilight then proceeded into the bus, but the very minute she stepped in, another student, Indigo Zap, went into her face.

"ARE WE GONNA WIN?!" she shouted.

"Uh... I don't know." Twilight answered nervously.

"Wrong answer!" Indigo Zap said. "Try again! Are... we gonna... WIN?!"

"Um... I guess?" she asked. 'It's just... I mean... I heard that CHS is doing well now. With their reputation. And, I mean, it's not better than ours, of course. But we can't let them do it, you know? Win, I mean? Right?"

That response didn't get much response, just dirty looks from everyone who was sitting. Twilight then kept quiet and walked down. Whenever she was about to approach a seat, the student on the other one would deny her access. She then found two empty seats in the back and sat down. On the other side was another student who she knew.

"Hi, Sugarcoat."

"That was a really bad speech." Sugarcoat said. "You should consider not speaking in public."

Twilight looked at the seat in front of her and saw another student, Lemon Zest, listening to her loud music on her headphones. Lemon Zest saw Twilight and shouted.

"Dude, you've got to listen to this!"

Without Twilight's permission, Lemon Zest placed her headphones on her ears. Twilight couldn't stand the noise. And that's when the bus ran.


The Rainbooms were rocking out with their instruments. When they were finished, their pony parts disappeared.

"I hope the Friendship Games have a music competition," Rainbow Dash said, "Because we would totally rock it!"

"We're supposed to keep magic out of the Friendship Games, remember?" Sunset asked.

"Um... where is Discord?" Fluttershy asked.

"At the front of the school." Sunset Shimmer said. "He's greeting Crystal Prep along with Celestia and Luna."

"A crazy delinquent who appears to have a grudge with the people he's welcoming." Applejack said. "That shouldn't end well."

"Has anyone figured out what he meant by Crystal Prep made him the way he is?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Nope." Pinkie Pie said.

"Well, while Discord works to keep his temper in and Sunset works to keep the magic out of the games, I've been working on what to put in." Rarity reached behind her and pulled out entire racks of different clothes.

"Rarity, what did you do?" Applejack asked.

"Well, I had a little time on my hands, and since we don't know what the Friendship Games' events are, I made a few options for uniforms."

"You didn't have to." Rainbow Dash said nervously.

"I know." Rarity squeaked happily.

"No, seriously." Applejack replied. "You really didn't have to."

Suddenly, the door opened up and a young man walked in. It was Ricky, president of the computer club. He had a flash drive in his hand and looked around.

"Ricky, what are you doing here?" Sunset asked.

"Have any of you seen Devastator?" Ricky asked. "Has he passed by here through your screens?"

"No, I don't think so." Applejack replied. "Ricky, why are you looking for him?"

"He wants to cram me back, that's why!" a digital voice shouted. A digital face appeared on the wall screen, and it did not look happy.

"Devastator, it's only for a few days." Ricky said. "It's for the sake of the school."

"Uh, what's going on?" Rarity asked.

"I don't want to do this, but Principal Celestia told me to. We can't let Crystal Prep know we have magic, and if they come across an A.I. that's actually living, it won't be long before they put two and two together."

"Four!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"That wasn't a test, Pinkie." Rainbow said.

"Yes, it is. I won. A+."

"But it's so tiny in there." Devastator said. "Look, I can still act robotic."

"It's not your attitude, D." Ricky replied. "They can't know we have an A.I. at all. When they arrive, Principal Celestia is just going to tell them we have a new system grid. We can't just tell them we perfected artificial intelligence on our own."

Devastator made a sighing sound. "All right. Let's get his over with."

Ricky plugged in the flash drive into the side of the screen. Devastator was then transferred inside. When finished, Ricky pulled out the drive and looked at the Rainbooms.

"Sorry you had to see that." Ricky said as he was beginning to walk out. "I'm going to go help my friends set up the welcoming party. By the way, nice outfits." That's when he shut the door as he left.

Rarity grinned at her friends. "Told you."


The Crystal Prep buses were parked in front of Canterlot High School. The staff were the first to get off. Luna hugged both Cadance and Dawna.

"It's good to see the two of you again." Luna said. "It's always a pleasure, even if it is to see us lose again."

Cadance giggled. "Thank you, but I hear it won't be easy this year."

"Just to give you a heads up," Dawna added, "Someone from Everton is coming as a guest judge."

"Everton?" Luna asked. "Never heard of it."

"Really?" Cadance asked. "One of our students has it as a goal for herself."

Speaking of Twilight, she was stepping out of the bus when Indigo Zap pushed her out of the way.

"COMING THROUGH!"

Twilight fell and landed on Sunny Flare who fell with her. She was not happy about that.

"Seriously?!" Sunny asked angrily.

"Oh, sorry." Twilight apologized getting back up. She was about to continue walking when she almost bumped into Sour Sweet. "Oh, I'm sorry. Go on ahead."

"You are such a sweetie." Sour Sweet said innocently. She then grew angry. "I'm watching you."

Twilight also almost bumped into Lemon Zest and Sugarcoat.

"You are kinda being a doormat right now." Sugarcoat said.

Suddenly, Twilight's device started to hum and a light of it was glowing purple. The light was pointing to the school, and she proceeded. While she was doing that, the two principals were greeting each other.

"Vice Principal Luna can help your students gat settled in if you'd like me to show you around." Celestia said. "There have been quite a few changes since your last visit."

"Oh, yes, Principal Celestia." Cinch said in a stuck-up tone. "I'm sure it's going to be very fascinating. Principal Celestia, would you mind telling me why there's a screen near the front door?"

"Oh, yeah, that." Celestia said. "That's just our school's new grid. The computer club designed it themselves."

"Really?" Cinch asked. "It seems that we have some competition this year. Now, where is your class president?"

"Right here!"

Crystal Prep stopped talking and turned their heads toward the voice. Their eyes widened when they turned to Discord. Their eyes then looked mad.

"What are you doing here, Discord?" Principal Cinch asked.

"Welcoming you to our not-so-humble, state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind school." Discord presented the building.

"You're the class president in this school?" Sunny Flare asked.

"Ah, if it isn't my old friends." Discord said. He then pointed at the five girls. "If memory serves, Bunny Hare, Flour Feet, Reedus Jest, Cinnamon Zam, and... I want to say, Heather."

"It's Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, and Sugarcoat." Indigo Zap said.

"My name doesn't even sound close to Heather." Sugarcoat added.

"Old friends?" Celestia asked. "Discord, did you go to Crystal Prep?"

"It's a long story." Discord said.

"And repetitive." Cinch added. "You go to a school, you stay a couple of weeks, and you get expelled."

"Well, I've been here for a month and I'm class president." Discord bragged. "I'm not a major prankster anymore, but that won't stop me from helping this school beat you. By the way, the Jurassic Period called; they want their skin back."

"Discord, would you please stop?" Celestia asked. "We're here to welcome Crystal Prep to a clean, sporting event."

"But they started it." Discord said.

"Principal Celestia, I won't object to your judgment on getting Discord involved, but I must warn you about him."

"I'm well aware of Discord's pranks." Celestia said. "I happen to believe that everything will be fine. Now, Principal Cinch, Discord, walk this way."

Cinch walked normally, but Discord walked exactly like Celestia was walking. The students of Crystal Prep shot a dirty look toward him.

"So he's here now." Sunny Flare was rolling her eyes..

"Evidently." Sugarcoat said.

"Hey." Lemon Zest said. "Where's Twilight?"