• Published 18th Jul 2012
  • 6,181 Views, 232 Comments

Soul Eater: Soul Goes to Equestria? - Shadowflash



Soul goes to Equestria. The fun ensues!

  • ...
15
 232
 6,181

Black✮Star and Tsubaki: Gods and Ponies?

Black✮Star and Tsubaki: Gods and Ponies?

Just atop the DWMA, there was a boy crouching in the signature 'crouching tiger' stance. He stared out in the distance at the city, eyeing the many cultural buildings within and the desert surrounding the city. He let out a small chuckle, and grinned brightly, looking up -- but away -- at the sun.

He had bright blue spiky hair, with the spikes sticking out in the manner of a star-shape. He was rather short, but had a well-muscled build due to constant training. His eyes were a shade of green, much like the stem of a rose. His outfit was a sleeveless black shirt with a funnel-like collar, with white trousers that were black from the knee down and just a little short of being full length jeans. On the front of his collar, two short strips of grey material adorned with rivets stretched down from the top of the collar to the breast of his shirt.

The boy had similar strips wrapped around his neck in the form of a scarf, and around his waist in the form of a belt. Rivets could also be seen on his pockets and on the ends of his trousers. On his hands, he wore gray, fingerless gloves with heavy wrist weights, and had a band going across the back of each hand, adorned with a star. The boy's footwear was basic black boots with white tips, with a star shape visible on the toe of each boot. On his right shoulder was a star-shaped tattoo only a shade lighter than the color of his skin, showing his heritage as a member of the Star Clan.

This boy was Black✮Star; one of DWMA's finest assassins. Although failing a lot of his missions, he set out to do what he did best: kill the evil in the world. It was his sole duty a few months back to surpass God...and it seemed like he had, by helping defeat the Kishin of Madness, Asura.

But, that is another story. This story, however, involves Black✮Star having to fight a new teacher. A bit of a warm welcoming for him, but it will seem for the best. Black✮Star couldn't help but laugh at this, as he jumped down from the large spires atop of the academy, and onto the white-cobblestone ground, standing in front of a man.

"So, you'll be teaching here, huh?" Black✮Star asked the man in front of him, who just laughed.

"Of course, Black✮Star. I told you I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to teach kids, now would I?" the man responded, crossing his arms.

He had long, straight, sand coloured hair, along with a rather muscular build. He wore a large brown overcoat draped over his shoulders as if it were a cape, fluttering behind him in the wind. The cape had visible cuts on its ends, more than likely as a result of combat damage. He wore a high collar, Japanese-style, button-down white shirt, and olive green dress pants. These pairs of pants contained cuts in their fabric at the sleeves, much like the cuts in the fabric of his overcoat. Finally, he wore a pair of twine sandals, in addition to being commonly seen with a piece of twine in his mouth which he spit out quite often.

This man was Mifune, Master Samurai and one-hundred percent human. He was going to be a teacher at the DWMA, but Black✮Star had other plans before he joined.

"Think you're up for a warm-up fight, Mifune?" Black✮Star questioned, crossing his arms as well.

"Always, Black✮Star. I would never pass up a fight with you. What is it, three-to-two, now?" Mifune smiled, and Black✮Star nodded.

"Yup. Glad you remembered." Black✮Star looked behind him and waved his arm, as if telling somebody to come over to him.

A woman slowly emerged from the shadows of the DWMA's entrance. She wore a pale yellow, sleeveless outfit with a skirt end that had a slit down the side; a bright yellow star was emblazoned on the right side of the chest. She also wore a dark brown scarf and a tight dark brown stocking on her right leg, starting just above the knee and her white boots. She wore a sash, that looked similar to Black✮Star's gray, riveted straps, which wrapped around her waist twice and hung down diagonally from right to left. She had long, black, hair, tied up in a ponytail, and large, indigo eyes.

"Ah, Tsubaki, it's good to see you again," Mifune commented, as Tsubaki walked to the left of Black✮Star.

"Glad to see you made a recovery, Mifune." Tsubaki gave a small smile, and watched Mifune pull out a large, silver samurai sword.

"Well, are you ready for this, Black✮Star? Because I don't intend on losing again." Mifune's expression changed to a much more serious one, and he spit out the twine from his mouth.

"Always. Tsubaki, Uncanny Sword mode!" Black✮Star stood in a defensive stance as Tsubaki's body glowed yellow, changing into a large, black, katana sword.

At the hilt of the blade were many bandages, and the pommel of it was decorated finely with a black and gold style to it. Black✮Star held it in his right hand, and gently slid his finger upon the sharp side of the blade. Mifune smiled lightly, but then returned to his serious expression.

"Let's do this!" Black✮Star and Mifune yelled as they began charging towards each other.

Black✮Star raised his sword, and brought it down upon Mifune's steel samurai sword. Sparks flew out towards the side, and Mifune pushed Black✮Star back. Black✮Star quickly recovered, smashing his sword into Mifune's again and using his left fist to uppercut Mifune.

Mifune dropped back, using his sword to stay standing. He quickly stood up, slicing his sword into the ground, and bringing it up to Black✮Star's chest, hoping to cut him.

Unfortunately for Mifune, Black✮Star quickly parried it, and smashed his fist into Mifune's face, making him fall back and causing blood to shoot from his nose. Mifune fell onto the ground, doing a reverse somersault, and he quickly recovered, landing on his feet.

Black✮Star quickly charged towards Mifune, but Mifune uppercut Black✮Star in the jaw. He then swung his fist into Black✮Star's face, shooting him back near the entrance of the DWMA.

Mifune quickly charged himself towards Black✮Star, aiming his sword at the other’s leg, slicing his lower calf. Black✮Star narrowly avoided it, but still took on a bit of a cut, landing on his arse.

He stood up and smiled, looking deep into Mifune's eyes. Mifune looked at him, unmoved by the assault of stares, and watched Black✮Star's movements for signs of another attack.

"Tsubaki; smoke bomb mode!" Quickly, Black✮Star was surrounded by smoke, and it disappeared as quickly as it re-appeared, leaving no one to be seen.

Mifune closed his eyes as he tried to remember this trick. He quickly meditated into a state where all he could hear was his own heartbeat. He listened and waited for the time to strike.

*CRACK*

Mifune swung his fist into Black✮Star's face, causing Black✮Star to fall on his ass once more. Mifune brought his sword up, swinging it into Black✮Star's chest. He stopped, just above his collar-bone, and smiled very slowly.

Black✮Star stared at Mifune's smile, unmoved by the change of emotions. But soon, Black✮Star started to smile, and laughed loudly, Mifune quickly joining in.

"Looks like it's three-to-three, now, huh?" Mifune helped Black✮Star get back up and Tsubaki re-appeared out of her Weapon form.

"Yup. But, next time, you won't be so luck--", Black✮Star stopped and gripped his chest, cringing tightly.

"Black✮Star!", Tsubaki yelled, wrapping her arms around him.

"Black✮Star, is something wrong...? Why is your body glowing like that?" Mifune asked, staring at Black✮Star's glowing body.

"Tsu-...Tsubaki..." he managed to squeeze out of his lungs, and quickly Tsubaki and Black✮Star were gone.

Mifune stared at the air where they once were, his eyes wide with surprise. He couldn't believe it. They were just there...where'd they go...? I have to inform Lord Death at once! Quickly, Mifune ran into the DWMA's entrance, ready to find Lord Death.






*








Uhg...my head...my ass...my...everything...His eyes opened up, to be greeted by a yellow face with pink hair surrounding it.

The eyes of the face were much larger than normal, and they displayed a light shade of blue, along a bit of confusion, to them. Black✮Star's eyes glared at it for a minute, then he realized it wasn't human.

"GAH!" he yelled, sitting up quickly.

"Eep!" The creature jumped back, putting its forelimbs on its eyes.

"WHAT?!" Black✮Star looked at his body, and realized it was now a silver-grey body with hooves, along with a light shade of blue for a tail.

"Mmm!", the creature in front of him squeaked as its wings flared, probably from fright.

"What the hell are you?! What am I?!" Black✮Star stared at the creature's light yellow body, then its wings, and finally its flank, gazing at three butterflies that lay upon it.

"Uhhh..." Black✮Star quickly fell down, and his eyes closed. Everything turned black.

10 minutes later...

"...Starrrrr..."


"..."


"...Black✮Star..."


"..."


"...Black✮Starrrrryy..."


"..."

"Black✮Star!!"


"GAH!" Black✮Star quickly woke up, only to be greeted by Tsubaki kneeling down by a couch that Black✮Star was laying on.

Tsubaki was surrounded with a weird, cream-coloured wall. The carpet under her was a few shades of green and orange, in a circular-target design. To the left of her was a staircase, with a mirror and a few bird-houses and cat-perches. To the right seemed to be a kitchen, and all Black✮Star could see inside it was a small fridge.

"Tsu...Tsubaki? Was it a dream?” Black✮Star asked, and Tsubaki shook her head.

"No, it wasn't. I think you're a...pony...right, Fluttershy?", Tsubaki looked back at a timid looking pink and yellow 'pony', who just nodded.

"Yes...he's an Earth Pony...uhm...s-sorry for scaring you when you woke up...you just...surprised me..." 'Fluttershy' said as she moved closer to Tsubaki.

"Uhm...why am I a pony, then, and you're not, Tsubaki?" Black✮Star looked at his new hooves, shaking his head.

"Oh, well...I think it's because I'm a Weapon...but, I'm not quite sure, yet. I'm sorry, Black✮Star," Tsubaki apologized, and Black✮Star just shrugged.

"It's fine...God...what the hell happened?" Black✮Star questioned, and Fluttershy spoke softly.

"W-well...you just kind of...fell from the sky. I quickly came over to you, and saw you were okay. I was about to pick you up when, uhm...Tsu-Tsubaki here woke up, as well. She startled me a little, and then you startled me. After you fainted, we brought you here, and Tsubaki explained a bit of what she was." Fluttershy quickly took a breath in, and softly sighed.

"Uhg...this is so confusing. It feels weird not to have my hands, either. How'd we even get here?" Black✮Star asked.

"Well, I just sa--"

"No, I meant, how'd we get here. Like, whatever world we're in. Because you're not human, and I'm no longer human. This isn't normal," Black✮Star interrupted Fluttershy, and Tsubaki answered.

"I'm not sure. But, we'll figure it out soon, Black✮Star. For now, just rest." Tsubaki laid Black✮Star's head on a pillow, and he sighed, closing his eyes.

Hopefully Mifune will help. This is all so crazy...Tsubaki looked over at Fluttershy, who was leaning down and listening to a squirrel, for what it looked like.

[-------------------------------------------------]

Thanks a lot for starting to read it this much. I'm glad for all the attention it's getting. I love you guys for it, and I'm going to make sure this fic is well liked. Love you all, my little bronies! <3
Oh, and thanks to Gunsmith, who edited my the last chapter, and this one.