• Published 18th Jul 2012
  • 6,181 Views, 232 Comments

Soul Eater: Soul Goes to Equestria? - Shadowflash



Soul goes to Equestria. The fun ensues!

  • ...
15
 232
 6,181

Medusa and Rainbow Dash: A Shadowbolt Arises?

Medusa and Rainbow Dash: A Shadowbolt Arises?

A/N: I just want you guys to know that the chapter before this, and this chapter are one day after chapter 12. I'm writing the chapter for the day before Chapter 13 and this chapter after this one. So, don't get confused, please! And thanks for the massive amounts of liking and enjoyment! Tell your friends! I'm glad this is almost at 800 views! in such a short span of time!

Rainbow Dash and Applejack made their way just outside of Ponyville, near Fluttershy's cottage. There are two open fields, one near the cottage, and one near the entrance to the Everfree Forest. Trees populated the area near Fluttershy's cottage, so Dash immediately bolted to the field near the Everfree.

"Rainbow, Twilight told us tah’ stay together!" Applejack exclaims, holding Rainbow Dash back by her tail as she attempts to fly away; wanting the sweet freedom of the sky as every Pegasus does.

"You know I can't do that, Applejack! I can't stay grounded for the next... I don't know, forever, so that you can stay safe! C'mon, let me fly! I promise, only above that field, you can watch, alright?" Dash pleads; Applejack hears the sincerity in her voice.

Applejack sighs, then nods. "Ah guess so. But, if ya'll hear me hollarin' fer help, ya'll better come." Applejack and Rainbow Dash smirk at each other.

The two make their way out into the open field, preparing for the day’s activities. Applejack simply lays down on her back, watching as Rainbow Dash rockets into the air. The wind whistles over Dash’s extended wings as they pierce the fluffy, white clouds around her. Her tail and mane wave behind her in a sea of rainbow and even a little bit of static electricity. Shocking! Rainbow Dash goes into a dive, and proceeds to perform her usual tricks: barrel rolls, loop-de-loops, aerial swerves, and even an attempt at going fast enough to create a Sonic Rainboom.

After the first few tricks, though, Applejack begins to doze off, drawing her Stetson down over her eyes, blocking the sunlight. She slumbers lightly in the warm, beaming light of the sun. Unfortunately for the both of Applejack and Rainbow Dash, today is not a good day to be sleeping. No, in fact, they are being watched...

Rainbow Dash...

Rainbow Dash stops in the middle of a barrel roll, looking down at Applejack. Perfectly safe, and sleeping. Dash just shrugs, preparing to launch again into the barrel roll.

Ooooh, Rainbow Dash~...

Rainbow Dash looks back down at the ground. It's not Applejack... she thinks, then lowers her altitude closer to the ground. She looks around the expanse of the field, but spots nothing unusual.

Rainbow Dash... oh, Rainbow Dash. You're such a powerful, wonderful Pegasus. One of the best I've ever seen...

"Who's there?" Rainbow Dash questions in a sharp whisper, trying not to wake Applejack.

Just me... a voice... that needs your help. The voice giggles. It sounds familiar, but Dash isn't good with tone of voice and memory.

"What do you need...?" Dash asks the voice cautiously.

I need you to find me, first... I have a beautiful offer for you. One that will make you an even better Pegasus than those in the Wonderbolts themselves... Dash smiles lightly, then lifts a hoof, admiring it with a preppy grin.

"Well, I am a pretty great flier... and I guess any extra help would be appreciated. So, where are ya?"

I'm in the Everfree. Not too far in, don't worry... but, I know you're a courageous girl, and can get through this forest with ease...

Dash nods, grinning even wider at the compliments.

I'm in a cave just near that entrance near you. The cave is very easy to find, you can't miss it.

"On my way!" Dash stretches her wings, launching to her immediate right; where the Everfree Forest lies.

She bolts just above the treeline, looking down for the mouth of a cave. The Everfree is known for very ominous and lucid caves, but she was determined to find this mare; whoever she was. As she approaches the middle of the forest, she stops, looking around. Many rocks jut out above the treeline, symbols of the many caves the Everfree has. But one sticks out even more than the rest; it bears a large spike which stabs into the air, and radiates a green light from the cluster of trees below.

"There!" Dash darts forward, diving to where the glow is.

Two green-flamed torches are lit just outside the dark entrance to a cave. The green torches are an obvious symbol of magic, as the flame would only ignite that torch specifically. Dash learned that one from Twilight's constant babbling. Gotta stop listening in to her speeches. Don't want to be an egghead! Dash slowly looks around, tentatively gazing at the cave. As much courage as she has, she isn't sure if she wants to proceed.

She knew Applejack would be freaking out... but what would a few minutes harm anypony, right? She slowly plods into the darkness, making her way inside the cave. It is smaller on the inside, and she immediately discovers a crimson light coming from a low pedestal. Near the pedestal is a hooded creature. It stands on two legs and wears clothing resembling a hoodie; the problem is that it is only covering just below the thigh.

"Um, hello?" Dash moved forward to the creature.

The creature slowly turns and reveals eyes smaller than Dash's, but of a yellow hue. They complement the crimson surrounding, but just make it feel eerie to Dash. The creature smiles softly, then pulls down its hood, revealing blond hair and a very odd complexion. Soon, Rainbow Dash realizes she is much like Soul, and feels a bit more comfortable.

"So, what's this thing you were going to do?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"Well, I need to make sure you're okay with it..." Her voice is high-pitched, much like a little filly’s, further allowing Rainbow Dash to feel more comfortable.

"Sure, what is it?" Dash asks, smiling.

"I need to practice a spell, to make sure it works. It should make you able to fly better than anything in Equestria! I just need to make sure you're okay with it. It might have a side-effect if it doesn't work... just a bit of dizziness for a few days." The girl smiles to Dash.

"Well, why not? Shouldn't hurt anypony! Cast away!" Dash sits on her rump and the girl smiles widely.

"Thanks! Just let me get it ready, should only take a second!" The girl raises her hands in front of her after saying this.

Immediately, a small spark of bright, blue electricity starts to form between her hands. The electricity flows around her fingers, changing colours fluently and frequently. It goes from red, to yellow, to orange, to green, purple, blue, cyan, and eventually black. Soon, a ball of black plasma rests between the girl’s hands, and she smiles to Dash.

"Ready?" The girl asks.

Doesn't look comforting... but it shouldn't hurt, right...? Maybe this was a bad idea...

"Um, actually, I change my mind... maybe this isn't such a good idea..." Dash says, nervously, starting to stand.

The girl’s expression goes stale, her yellow eyes glaring down the magenta of Rainbow Dash's. She slowly starts to grin again, much more devilishly than before, making Rainbow Dash a bit freaked out.

"I'm gonna go... um... th-"

"You're not leaving, Rainbow Dash. You're mine, now. You're so naive, it's hilarious. Stop trusting people, and stop being loyal to your friends. They're useless. You're mine." The girl’s tone drops to a deeper one, still mixed in with the feminine tone, of course.

She shoots the black ball directly at Rainbow Dash, catching the Pegasus off guard. It sticks to Rainbow Dash's chest, encasing her chest and wings in dark electricity. Dash struggles and grunts as she tries to free herself; it only makes the girl laugh maniacally. The black electricity soon makes its way all the way around Dash's body and encasing her completely in darkness. After a minute or two, the electricity recoils, dissipating into the ground.

Rainbow Dash emerges in a black-and-purple spandex suit, respectively striped yellow just at the hooves with crosses of black over to purple. The body of Rainbow Dash's suit is a deep purple, and on her flank is a snake enveloping a pony skull. Her hooves and torso, up to her entire head, are jet black. She now wears stitched, purple goggles with yellow visors, constantly emitting an angry look.

Dash moves forward to the girl and glares down at her with the angry expression upon her face. "How may I serve you, Master Medusa?"

This makes the girl, Medusa, very pleased.

"You'll see. Just you wait." Medusa smiles, pleased her plan worked flawlessly.


*


Medusa is sits upon the pedestal, grinning brightly and speaking outwards into the cave as Rainbow Dash stands nearby, keeping guard, much like a dog would for their master. Medusa is encased in a crimson-green glow, floating in a meditation stance.

"Wow... I'm impressed, Medusa. You've caused enough chaos to make Rainbow Dash become a Shadowbolt. I can't wait to see what else is up your sleeve." Discord’s deep, maniacal voice speaks to her, and Medusa can't help but laugh in reply.

"Well, I'm flattered, Discord. I'm happy it went perfect. I can't believe how naive she was. Now, I'll just need to get another pony, but I'm not sure who..." Medusa's voice trails off into thought, but Discord speaks again.

"Well, Pinkie Pie is probably an easy one, that is for sure. She's ridiculously courageous, and it would be easy to make her see the chaos. I'd suggest her." Medusa nods in agreement with Discord.

"Perfect. Tomorrow, I'll do just that. Until then, I'll have fun with my Rainbow Dash." Medusa grins, and Discord just chuckles.

"Sounds like a great idea. Update me when you proceed further with Pinkie Pie." With that, the crimson-green light fades back to just a crimson light.

Medusa remains floating, and decides it would be a good time to rest before she proceeds further. She looks to Rainbow Dash, first, and speaks.

"Dashie, make sure nopony gets in this cave. If they do, show them out with a... bang, alright?"

"Yes, Master Medusa." Rainbow Dash speaks monotonously, moving closer to the entrance of the cave and standing guard.

Perfect... Wait until my love hears about this one... now, time for rest... Medusa closes her eyes and folds her hands together in her lap, dozing off to the land of dreams.