• Published 18th Jul 2012
  • 6,181 Views, 232 Comments

Soul Eater: Soul Goes to Equestria? - Shadowflash



Soul goes to Equestria. The fun ensues!

  • ...
15
 232
 6,181

Professor Stein and Excalibur: Scootaloo and Fools?

Professor Stein and Excalibur: Scootaloo and Fools?

(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Stein. Professor Franken Stein. A Meister of great strength, honour, and nobility. His Soul Wavelength is one of the strongest ever seen at the DWMA, rivaling that of the original Death Scythes and even Lord Death himself. Though Stein's personality is one of a madman, he is a fairly nice man, and is always prepared to dissect something new...


*


"So, today, class, we're going to be learning about Magic and how it affects our Souls. There are many types of 'Magic' in this world; some good, some evil, some... probably not the best for you to know.” A man with silvery hair sits on a large, sewn wheelie-chair, resting his forearms on the base of the back-support.

He has a large screw/bolt going through his head, which he turns occasionally, often as a means to focus his thoughts. A signature trademark of this man is the zig-zag stitching running across his face and body. He has sewn stitches all over his body and clothing, and his most notable piece of clothing is his white lab coat. He is also surprisingly well built for a man his age, due to a large portion of his time being devoted to combat training, as his profession states. This is Professor Stein.

Stein is surrounded by large, circular desks that are arranged in a slow incline upwards away from him, in rows, much like a university lecture room. Behind Stein is a large chalk board, which has his name written on it as such: "フランケン・シュタイン" (Furanken Shutain). Students start raising their hands, but Stein stands up, shaking his head.

"No questions, not yet. Let's beg--" Before Stein can finish his sentence, a knock is heard at the door, directly to the left of the chalk board.

Stein sighs, sitting in his chair and skating over to the door, opening it. As he does so, he reveals a tall man with scarlet-red hair, who is wearing a bold, black tuxedo. His eyes glare down, and he wears a frown on his face. This is Spirit; Stein's Weapon.

"Stein. I need you to come with me." Stein is smiling as he first looks at Spirit, but the look soon fades to a frown as he realizes the serious tone in Spirit’s voice.

"I see. Class dismissed. Enjoy your free day." Stein stands up, pulling his chair behind him as Spirit leads him into the hallway.




*



"So, you want me to go check up on Maka and the rest, Death?" Stein looks up at the large, black silhouette of Death.

Death turns around and nods. "I know they're powerful students, but I want to make sure you're there with them. The last thing we need is some dead Meisters in a land I haven't visited in about a thousand years." Death sighs and claps his hands together.

"Spirit, are you coming with me?" Spirit shakes his head.

"Maka is a big girl, now. As much as I love her... I can't invade her missions. She doesn't need me right now. But, I'll keep an eye on her with Death here." Death nods and Stein smiles.

"Well, let's get going, then." Stein sits down in his chair, and Death nods once more.

Death swivels his hands around, making his fingers dance within the air. Light begins to flow as he keeps moving his hands around, and soon, balls of light appear on his palms. He holds his hands over Stein, and speaks, "Kōtsū ekūsu o yobidasu!"

Stein is engulfed in a yellow ball of light. It warps outward, moves inward, then explodes, leaving faint traces of glitter on the floor. Lord Death sighs and looks at Spirit.

"I hope Medusa doesn't hurt them..." Spirit nods in agreement.


*

As quickly as he disappeared, he reappeared in a massive, scenic, outlook; Stein, that is. He is also falling. Well, sliding down a hill on his chair. Towards a rock... at a remarkable pace, too!

Stein zips forward, his head tilted down at his chair. His eyes are shut, momentarily blinded by the teleport. After a moment of getting his gears oiled, he lifts his head, opens his eyes, and observes: "Oh. A rock."

*CRASH*


Stein lands face first into dirt, his chair next to him. His legs sprawl outwards and his arms lay at his sides. He slowly lifts his head and sighs.

"Well... I'll get Death back for that one." He slowly stands up, stretching and cracking a few ligaments in the process.

He picks up his chair and retakes his seat. Unfortunately, as he does so, he hears some talking nearby.

"I'm not a fool!" a squealing voice yells, getting closer.

"Fool! One can not simply not a fool!" yells a familiar voice in retaliation.

"But, what makes you not a fool, then?!" It approaches steadily as Stein watches a white figure and orange figure appear in his vision.

"Because, I am the Mighty Sword Excalibur! I am simply not a 'fool'!" Oh God... Excalibur... is all Stein thinks after Excalibur speaks his own name.

As they finally reach Stein, he glares down at them. There sits a small, orange Pegasus; she seems to be no more than a mere filly.

"Aha, it seems we have found a weary traveler--" Excalibur raises his cane upward as he speaks, to Stein's nose, "--fool! Do not sit on such a ghastly chair in a beautiful meadow!" Stein slaps the cane out of his face and remains seated.

"Don't point that at me, and shut up. Now then, who are you, orange one?" Stein glares at the filly, who was stares up at him in question.

"I'm Scootaloo!" she says in a bold, confident tone. "But you can call me Scoots, if ya want." She smiles and Stein adjusts his glasses, gripping the large bolt on the side of his head and turning it.

Scootaloo peers upwards as she watches him turn the bolt upon his head. It clicks with each turn it makes, as if it were grinding against small gears. Scootaloo starts to wince, and then the bolt clicks loudly.

"So, anyways, Scootaloo, where am I, exactly? As you can see... I'm not from around here." Scootaloo nods in agreement as Stein says this.

"Uhm... yeah. You're in Equestria. Best place in the universe!" Scootaloo puffs out her chest in excitement, and Stein laughs softly.

"Well, then, do you know of a place called Ponyville?" Scootaloo nods eagerly.

"Yup! I live there! Why, what do you need there?" Stein keeps a smile firm on his face as Scootaloo questions him.

"Well, I need to see some people by the name of Soul and Maka. Maybe you can help me find them. Not hard to miss."

"Of course I can find them! I know that town like the back of my hoof!" Scootaloo smiles brightly and Stein chuckles.

"Well, lead the way--" Stein looks over at Excalibur and furrows his brows "--you can stay here, Excalibur. Last thing I need is someone mocking my intellect all day." Excalibur raises his cane to his nose.

"Fool! One does not simply outca--"

"Shut up. Go find some idiot adventurer and see if he can stand your personality." Stein pushes forward on his chair, as Scootaloo started trotting next to him.

Excalibur doesn’t move as they leave. Instead, he stands there and ponders, soon glaring upwards, then away from the two. He starts plodding off, following the pathway leading away from Stein and Scootaloo.


"That was harsh." Scootaloo says as she looks up at Stein.

"You don't know that thing like I do. Probably best to ignore him." Scootaloo frowns as Stein says this.

Maybe he just wants a few friends... I knew that's how I felt when I first moved to Ponyville. Poor guy. Scootaloo sighs at her thoughts, but continues forward.