• Published 22nd Jan 2017
  • 3,901 Views, 107 Comments

Born For Battle - Brony Parasite



A young girl is sent to Equestria and changed into Phoebe from Battleborn, and gets adopted by Celestia.

  • ...
26
 107
 3,901

1. Child of The Last Light (Being Revamped)

(Chapter 1: Child Of The Last Light)

An old Unicorn stallion with a dirty white coat, light brown mane, mustache, tail and eyes, wearing wearing a dark red coat, a gray cravat, and an undersized pair of glasses on his muzzle was busy trotting through the throne room in Canterlot as he began to look over a particularly long scroll of paper.

“Hello Kibitz, busy as usual?” A soft, calm voice said behind the stallion. Kibitz turned to see a massively tall Alicorn with a white coat, a multicolored mane that flowed in an invisible wind, magenta eyes that were relaxed, and her usual bright, warm, and inviting smile. The mare behind him was the ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia.

“Ah, yes. I’m just going over the plans for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration in Manehattan. I’m assigning the roles you specified, Princess.” Kibitz stated happily. Celestia’s smile widened ever so slightly, just as the unicorn happened to notice a purple unicorn at the entrance of the throne room. “And who’s this young filly?”

The filly herself just hid behind Celestia’s tail, nervous and a little intimidated by the stallion at first. The princess she was hiding behind though just chuckled a little before turning to her. “It’s okay. Go ahead.”

“Uh, I’m… I’m Twilight Sparkle… I’m… Princess Celestia’s new pupil.” The filly responded shyly. Kibitz just smiled in response to the filly as he introduced himself.

“Splendid! Pleasure to meet you, my name’s Kibitz, the royal scheduling advisor. If you need any assistance, I’m always willing to help.” Kibitz stated raising his hoof to meet hers in a gentle hoof shake. She was nervous at first, but with the princess’ encouragement, she met the hoof of the stallion and shook it. Kibitz then looked to Celestia, a look of slight worry on his face. “Now, uh, Princess… I have something to tell you that needs your urgent attention.”

“What’s the matter Kibby?” Celestia asked, causing Kibitz to blush in embarrassment at the Princess’ nickname.

The schedule advisor beckoned Princess Celestia away from the filly and began whispering to her. “Princess, that rainbow explosion has scared Equestrians. I think you should hold a conference to calm the ponies and show them nothing’s wrong.”

“Is that all? Kibitz, it was just a rainbow explosion in the sky. What kind of monster uses a rainbow explosion...? But you do have a point. Why don’t you schedule something? Maybe push the Yaks peace treaty to… Next month?” Celestia said calmly.

“Princess, you’ve held off the peace conference for over three years!” Kibitz pushed, narrowing his eyes.

“The Yaks were never my cup of tea…” Celestia grumbled. Kibitz sighed, but nodded in understanding.

“Uh… There’s another thing, Princess… One of the guards found something in the Everfree Forest.” That, got Celestia’s attention rather quickly and had her raise an eyebrow in response to what the stallion said.

“Could you clarify on what you mean by… thing, Kibitz?” She politely asked in response.

“Not sure. It’s a living being, but not a race known to us, the Griffons, Minotaurs, tartarus, even the Crystal Pony records had nothing on it.” Kibitz stated. “But what I do know is that it’s a child.” That definitely got Celestia’s attention as she looked back at Kibitz. Thinking it through, she wondered who this creature might be… and if it was a child, she wanted to do whatever she could to help it.

“Can you bring it here, Kibitz? I would like to see this child myself.”

“I’m not sure, but I’d recommend keeping Twilight away from this new creature. Even if it’s harmless, I just recommend precaution. And this new being might scare the poor dear, if she’s as shy as I think.” The alicorn nodded her head in acknowledgement, only to lift her head and notice that her newest pupil wasn’t in the same room as they were in. She moved her head around to see if there were any clues to help find where the young filly had wondered off to, but then decided to ask her advisor a question.

“Kibitz, were the guards keeping this… child inside the castle?”

“Yes, they put it in one of the guest rooms and locked it down.” Kibitz responded. As the two of them began to walk towards the hallway where all the guest rooms were located, they soon noticed that one of the doors was left ajar… and there was a door lock on the floor.

“I think we now know where Twilight went.” The princess sighed, trotting down the hall and approaching the open door to see her student inside the room… and the creature that Kibitz was talking about.

It was bipedal in appearance with tan colored skin, red eyes and a blond mane. It was only wearing a little sundress, and was cut and bruised up badly.

“It had the injuries before the guards found her.” Kibitz verified for Celestia. “It hasn’t spoken a word.” Celestia heard this and then thought of something before turning to her advisor and asking him something.

“Could you get a quill, ink, a pencil and some paper? I want to see something real quick.” Celestia asked Kibitz.

“Of course Princess.” Kibitz ran off quickly. Within a few moments, he soon returned with the requested items as she looked back at the youngling. Writing a simple message as she showed the paper to her.

Can you read this?

The youngling stared at it for a moment, then nodded. Celestia herself was personally relieved and then wrote something else on another piece of paper, leaving room for the child to respond afterwards.

My name is Princess Celestia and I want to help you. Can you please tell me your name?

Shortly after handing the message, Celestia also handed the child the pencil that Kibitz had given to her to see if it could write something back to her. It seemed too scared to speak, so this was an approach to help make the subject feel comfortable first before they had the confidence to speak.

The child wrote for a bit, then stopped and pushed the paper away from her and to the Alicorn. Celestia took the paper and read it’s content.

Can’t remember real name. Only Phoebe.

That… surprised the Princess. She was talking with a child that could not remember anything about itself, was hurt in the Everfree and seemed alone. But nevertheless, she then wrote down a reply.

Would you like for me to call you Phoebe?

The child nodded slightly, looking down. She then took the paper and began writing again, and once she was done gave it to Celestia.

Where am I?

The princess herself was a bit surprised at that, but in all honesty, she sort of expected to hear this kind of question sooner or later.

You are in my castle in the city of Canterlot… Phoebe, can I ask you something though?

She waited for the youngster to reply first by nodding her head before writing another comment.

Is there anything you can remember? I really want to help you however I can, so do you remember how you came here? Anything at all?

The girl wrote again, and once she was done she set some kind of metal symbol on the note.

Was walking home when man stop me and gave me this. Went home and fell asleep, wake up in forest.

Once more, Celestia did not know what to say, but then she thought of something else.

I feel bad for you being separated from your home… If you would like, you can live here in the Castle with me and my student, Twilight. She already seems to like you, Phoebe.

With it, the alicorn giggled a little as her little pupil fell asleep and landed in Phoebe’s lap. Phoebe stared at Twilight for a moment, then spoke for the first time.

“I’d… Like that…” A small smile came to Celestia’s lips as she realized that Phoebe herself was indeed a female. No longer did she need anymore paper in order to talk to the young girl, and she was proud of that. Turning to Kibitz, she then asked the Stallion a simple request.

“Kibitz, can you prepare a room for Ms. Phoebe? I plan to help raise this child alongside my pupil.” She informed him.

“Of course, Princess. Should I give them separate rooms, or…?” Kibitz left his question hanging, only for the princess to reply back.

“I believe it would be best to have both of them be together for right now,” She said, watching as Twilight slept in Phoebe’s arms like a kitten. “Wouldn’t you agree?”

“Of course. I’ll have a room prepped for the new additions to the family.” Kibitz joked, before trotting off, a content smile on his face. Celestia smiled as well, seeing the two of them like this made her feel happy… et, she had a feeling that over time, raising Phoebe and Twilight was going to be… complicated.


Two years later…

“... And then there’s the parents complaints about Phoebe being a danger to their children blah, blah, blah…” Kibitz stated with distaste. “Don’t get me started on her tardiness records as well as all of the detentions.”

“Yes, she may not have proper etiquette, but how are her grades? Her test scores?” Princess Celestia asked. She and her advisor were looking over Phoebe’s… success in school along with some other notices that have been brought to their attention.

Kibitz smirked in amusement. “There have been moments where she’s corrected the teacher. Other than those, all top grades. Except gym, she continuously flunks these with a few exceptions.”

The last part had Celestia raise an eyebrow. “Exceptions? What sort of Exceptions?”

“Well, from what I’ve observed of the courses, they’re meant for ponies, not bipedals like Phoebe. There are a few courses such as dodgeball and even some of the ones that are meant for only ponies.” Kibitz stated. “But even then, she’s no stronger than an average Unicorn.”

“Can I see the list?” The Princess requested as her advisor levitated a paper list to her. On it included the exceptions of classes Phoebe did succeed in with physical education. Dodgeball was one, but some of the other ones surprised her. This included classes like dancing and even going as far as fencing. “Hmm… this seems rather… interesting. Kibitz, where is Phoebe now?”

“She’s in her… ‘Lab’, working on some project of hers.” Kibitz stated calmly. Celestia herself knew what that meant. Over time, once Phoebe and Twilight had gotten their own rooms, both of them had used it for different purposes. Twilight used her room as a library for all books on magic. Phoebe though, turned her room into a laboratory to expand upon one of her favorite subjects in school. Science. For some time now though, Phoebe had a tendency to lock herself in her room for long periods of time, only to come out to eat or if Celestia called upon her.

This time though, something felt different. “Let me go check on her then.” The princess insisted, trotting towards Phoebe’s room as she lightly knocked on the door. However, a few seconds later, she heard something that sounded a LOT different than Phoebe’s voice.

“Would you like for me to answer the door, Ms. Phoebe?”

“Go ahead.” Phoebe’s voice stated tiredly. The Princess heard something of an automaton move as the door soon opened. Being greeted by the sight of a metal bipedal figure that was almost as tall as the Alicorn. It didn’t wear any clothes except for the hat on it’s head and also the stopwatch that it had in one of it’s hands. But what surprised the princess even more was that this figure… was a machine.

“Hello… Are you here to meet Ms. Phoebe?” It asked.

“Y-yes… Uh, I apologize, but who… are you?” The Princess asked.

“Ah yes, my name. I am Marquis d’Caliber, Ms. Phoebe’s butler…” It said in a gentlestallion like tone. “Would you happen to be her mother? The one she calls Princess Celestia?”

“Why uh… yes. How do you-?” Before the Princess could speak, the… butler turned around.

“Ms. Phoebe. Your mother is at the door.” He called out to her.

“Be there in a moment, I’m almost done with Bindlebane!” Phoebe shouted back.

“Did you make sure that my cane is also a gun?” Marquis asked. “On both ends?”

“I did, but I haven’t made much ammunition!” Phoebe replied. This conversation was both strange… and startling as well. But it was then that Marquis himself sighed and held the door open.

“Please do come in… with how much time Ms. Phoebe invests into her work, this may be a bit.” The Alicorn obliged, walking inside to find that the lab that Kibitz was referring to was a LOT more than what she honestly expected at first glance. The technology and contraptions that were in here were way beyond that of the items used in everyday society and it really was breathtaking.

Soon though, she heard Phoebe coming down the staircase and turned to see her daughter. She was wearing a grey t-shirt, and dark blue sweats. She had grease all over her and bags under her eyes. She’d also grown up quite a while. Phoebe rubbed her eyes.

“Hey mom! You’re just in time to see my latest invention!” She yelled, seeming to not realize she was inside. The Princess was indeed surprised to see her, but first, wanted to know something.

“Your latest… invention?”

“Yeah, Marquis! Well, he’s kinda my first successful invention.” Phoebe said, smiling pridefully. “I was going to show him to you after I’d finished all of his accessories like his clothes and cane.” Celestia turned to look at the invention in particular to see him take off his hat, the only piece of clothing on him, and for that of a robotic owl to soon emerge from inside.

“Phoebe, this is i-incredible! I’ve never seen anything like this before at all!” She said to her, surprised and proud of her daughter. “How long did it take you to do this?”

“About a year, I started with a basic schematic, then started to play with individual parts and what worked/didn’t, then once I got my room I started building and seeing what, one again, worked and didn’t. I finished him about half a month ago and then I finished the owl Hoodini yesterday.” Phoebe rambled, grinning from ear to ear as she started coating her hands with hoof sanitizer. “Once I’ve finished the accessories I’ll start working on stuff that could help Equestria and not just me!”

“I see…” Celestia replied. “Phoebe, when was the last time you had any sleep?”

“Uh… Three days ago…” Phoebe looked away in slight shame.

“Wouldn’t you think that if you got some rest, you could be able to focus a little better? I’m not trying to tell you to stop. I mean just… take a break. Get some rest. A sound body is a sound mind.” Celestia insisted, going as far as to hug Phoebe in the process.

“Right, right, you’re… That. I’ll get some sleep, mom.” Phoebe hugged back. “If you want, I came up with some blueprints of things I think could help Equestria. I have no guarantee that they’ll…” Phoebe suddenly fell asleep in her mother's hooves. Causing Celestia to chuckle as she and Marquis helped guide her to her bed and laid her down to rest. Not to mention that her butler had also found the recently finished cane. It looked perfect, but he needed to test it on something.

“Hey, auntie. Are you in here-?” Unfortunately for the unicorn named Prince Blueblood, who just had recently came across the ajar door, he was seen as something else by Marquis.

“Begone, you hobo-morphic entity!!” He cried out, firing a shot that sent the panicked unicorn running with his tail in between his legs. “How undisciplined… With the amount of times that ungrateful hobo stallion in disguise has bothered Ms. Phoebe, no wonder he would try to sneak in here while she was sleeping.” Celestia’s eyes just twitched at the sudden change in personality that Marquis just demonstrated.

She was going to have a long talk with Phoebe about him once she was awake.

Author's Note:

This is just the beginning.