• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 1,190 Views, 4 Comments

Make Love and Prank Wars - StarkyShy



It's been a long time since that one prank war started your relationship with Pinkie Pie, when she asks for another, who are you to say no?

  • ...
4
 4
 1,190

Truth Or Dare and Things to Prepare

Soon, you, Pinkie, and Twilight stood there at Town Square, Twilight reading a book of spells. More and more ponies started to crowd around, some of them giggling. These ponies seemed way too interested in what Pinkie Pie was planning, which worried you.

Twilight closes the book, her horn lighting up. “Ok, I think I got the truth spell. If you say something that’s true, my horn will light up green. If not, it’ll be red.” She pointed at you. “Alright, did you parade around Ponyville in a dress because you lost a prank war with Pinkie Pie previously?” Twilight asked, inciting giggles from the audience.

You let out a groan, you were hoping that event was forgotten. Guess you were setting your hopes too high. “...Yes,” you grumbled.

Twilight’s horn flashed green for a few seconds. “It works!”

You grumbled. This was gonna be humiliating.

Pinkie Pie stood in front of you, Twilight in the middle like a referee. “First question! What happened on our very first official date?”

Why did she have to ask that question? Especially in front of the Cakes… You took a deep breath. Maybe you could lie so well, Twilight’s magic wouldn’t pick it up.

“Well, I picked you up, and we went to the movies, where we watched the latest superhero movie, and we went through three buckets of extra-extra-extra large popcorn before the movie even started.”

Twilight’s horn suddenly flashed red. Pinkie Pie shook her head, smirking. “Nuh-uh! That’s not what happened!”

You sighed, that’s what you wished happened that night. “Alright, fine. I went to pick you up to go to the movies, but tripped and fell into a giant cake, and then we had to spend all night remaking it from scratch to prevent the Cakes from finding out I ruined it.” You lowered your head in shame. While you still got to spend the night with Pinkie, who helped you every step of the way, it wasn’t exactly the way you wanted to spend it. The fact that you completely botched the first date and almost ruined the Cake’s reputation were supposed to be kept secret.

Twilight’s horn turned green again. “That’s more like it,” she smirked.

The audience started to laugh, you looked out and saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake looking at you in shock.

“I am...so sorry,” you said to them.

“Okie dokie, second question...” Pinkie cleared her throat, looking you in the eyes. “Do you love me?”

“Yes, of course I do, Pinkie,” You said, a bit confused at how simple the question was. You assumed that she was going to ask nothing but embarrassing questions to humiliate you further in front of the entire town.

Twilight’s horn glowed green, you heard the town give a collective “Awww…” in response.

Really? Most of these ponies were there for the anniversary parties she threw. It’s not a secret, you thought.

“Alright...for the last question…”

You tilted your head in confusion. All of a sudden, Pinkie became a lot less energetic, her voice had lost her pep, she was weak at the knees. Was it her Pinkie sense going off? Alright, let’s see...what was shaky knees alone? Was it a rainbow? Did she have floppy ears? Maybe it was incoming dessert...

Pinkie Pie reached behind her, pulling out a small black box. And suddenly, everything started to make sense as she opened it.

“Will you...marry me?”

At that moment, it was if nothing else existed. The audience was silent, the only thing your senses were picking up was Pinkie Pie presenting a ring to you.

There was nothing but silence throughout Ponyville, all of them waiting with bated breath for your response. You were finally the one to break the silence with a nervous chuckle.

“...Pinkie Pie. Every single day, even if I don’t see you, you somehow manage to make me smile. I’ve never met a pony that’s as upbeat, as energetic, as funny, as quirky, as talented, as wonderful as you are. It’s funny...I kinda always thought that I would be the one that would have to propose to you. I don’t know how much I can offer to you, but if you want me to make you as happy as you make me every day, I can definitely do that. So...Yes. A million, billion times yes I will marry you!”

“WOOOOOHOOO!” Pinkie cheered, leaping into the air, practically exploding in joy, landing in your hooves, peppering your face with kisses. The crowd roared with applause, throwing confetti and streamers in the air.

You freeze, “...This is a real proposal, right? Th-this isn’t like some super prank on me, right?”

Pinkie Pie giggled, pressing her hoof against your nose, “Of course it’s real, silly! Oooooh I can’t believe we’re gonna get married!”

“Oh thank goodness, I’m just making sure,” You looked over to Twilight, whose horn has been flashing green the entire time. “Ok, then, how long did you know about this? This entire prank war thing was just so she could propose to me, wasn’t it?”

“Well, a while back, we were all at Sugarcube Corner talking. At first she wanted you to propose…and was going to try to give you hints on what she wanted...” Twilight started, disabling the spell.

“...Buuuut, then she screamed out ‘Ooh, I got an idea!’ and then ran out without explaining anything,” Dash continued.

“We’re just as shocked as you were when she proposed,” Applejack shrugged.

“Not that we didn’t see this coming eventually. You two have been quite the item, after all,” Rarity chuckled.

“Congratulations, you two! You’re going to be so happy together!” Fluttershy grinned.

“Ooh!” Pinkie squealed, leaping off of you, bouncing with excitement, “I can’t wait to start planning this ceremony and reception and th-!”

“Woah woah woah woah!” Rainbow Dash interjected, stuffing her hoof into Pinkie’s mouth. “You aren’t gonna be planning your own wedding!”

“What? Well then, who else is?”

“We’ll find somepony good, don’t worry!”

“Alright! Now c’mere, you!” Before you knew it, Pinkie Pie tackled you to the ground, giving you even more kisses and hugs.

“Ack! P-Pinkie!” you gasp, giggling as you try to get up.

“Whaaat? I’m just getting practice for the big wedding kiss!” she grinned.

“Well, maybe I need to get some practice in, too!”

After the proposal, you two were told that all your friends would take care of everything, and you two could just focus on being in love. You and Pinkie finally got to meet the wedding planner, and in all honesty, Cheese Sandwich is probably the most appropriate pony they could’ve ever gotten. He walked through the ceremony, the reception, and the decoration, all in a song which you swore you heard the melody to before.

This was all quite convenient, usually weddings are planned extensively by the engaged couple, you thought that you would have to go to Mr. Igneous Rock Pie and ask for her daughter’s hoof in marriage and all that, but since Pinkie Pie proposed to you...

“...Pinkie, did you tell your family that you proposed?”

“...No?”

“And you didn’t tell my family either?”

“Not yet.” She said, slowly starting to grin.

“And that means…”

“Surprise trip to the rock farm!”

You let out a deep, long sigh as you stared at the ceiling of the train car, leg bouncing up and down out of anxiety. Your family was scattered all around Equestria, so mailing invitations would be faster. Pinkie’s family was in one place, so telling them personally would be easier. You rubbed the back of your neck, “Uh, Pinkie? It might be best if you do...all the talking for this.”

“Why?”

“Well, one, it’s your family. Two, it’s because your parents are very…” You paused, trying to find the right word. Ancient? Old-fashioned? “...traditional. And I’m going to take a wild guess and say that with Cheese Sandwich in charge of planning, this wedding is going to be anything but. And three, your family usually does something with a pairing stone, and maybe they wouldn’t approve of a proposal?”

“Well, what are you so worried about? You met my family before.”

“Yeah, but I don’t think they…hold the highest opinion of me.”

“Whaaaat? Nonsense! My parents and sisters love you!”

You pause, “...So when Limestone yells at me with a scowl on her face and fire in her eyes-”

“It means she cares about you, and me!”

That was certainly one way to look at it. You were just hoping that she wasn’t going to rip your head off.

The moment you came within proximity of the rock farm, Limestone charged in, butting her forehead against yours.

“You! What did you do to her this time?” She growled, gritting her teeth.

“Glad to see you too, Limestone,” you say, leaning back.

“Relax, Limey. I have something we gotta tell the whole family! C’mon!” Without warning, Pinkie grabbed the both of you and dragged you into the house, Limestone scowling at you the whole time.

Pinkie barges through the door, much to the surprise of the rest of the family. “Pinkie’s home!”

“Hello, Pinkie. I’m so glad you and your boyfriend made it all the way over here to visit us,” Maud said, as monotone as ever.

“Mmhmm,” Marble went.

“Pinkamena, what are you doing here? Is something wrong?” Cloudy Quartz walked into the room with her husband, Igneous.

“Well, no, but we got something to say to you all!” Pinkie said excitedly, gathering her family around the living room.

Pinkie started to tell the story about the prank war that just went on between you two. Even though she was mostly giving the bare minimum, you knew she had a tendency to ramble...

“...And so at the very end, I proposed, and now we’re getting married!” she said, pulling you close with a nervous smile.

The room suddenly fell silent, no one said anything for what felt like an eternity, until Igneous cleared his throat and called your name.

“I want to tell you something,” he says, standing up, walking towards you.

“Yes, sir?” You nearly squeak out, tensing up.

“You understand that we Pies usually are married through the Pairing Stone, right?”

“Y-Yes sir,” you nod, “If the Choosing Stone didn’t say that we should be toge-”

“But...we know how happy you make Pinkamena, and regardless of what the Pairing Stone says, we would be more than happy to consider you part of the family.”

“Oh, thank you so much, sir!” You sigh in relief, your muscles finally relaxing.

“Please, call me ‘Father’,” Igneous said.

“We’re so happy to have you as a brother-in-law.” Maud said, you swore you saw her smile for the first time.

“Mmhmm!”

“Y-Yeah...welcome to the family or whatever.”

“New family hug time!” Pinkie cheered, pulling you and the rest of the family close. You closed your eyes, relaxing in the loving embrace of your fiancee’s family, which you would soon be part of.

A couple of days later, you were back in Ponyville, getting measurements for your tuxedo. You waited in the main room while Rarity worked her magic upstairs. While you were waiting, the anxiety started to set in. If Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich were involved, then that means the wedding was going to be huge. If you screwed up, that would be a screw up no one would ever forget. Your train of thought was interrupted by the slamming open of the door.

“Alright, it’s ready! Here’s your wedding dress,” Rarity giggled, holding up a dress very similar to the one you paraded around in.

“Ha ha, very funny,” you responded dryly. “Please tell me that’s not what Pinkie’s going to wear.”

“Oh, heavens no!” Rarity scoffed, “You’ll see what she’ll wear at the wedding. But, here, try this on,” she held out a tuxedo in front of you.

You slip into it, rolling your shoulders and stretching your hooves to see how comfortable it was. “Feels good, Rarity!”

“And it looks good, too!” She beamed, bringing a mirror in front of you so you could see how dapper you looked.

You started posing, examining yourself from all angles.

Rarity popped up from behind you. “Are you nervous, darling? It’s getting closer to your big day, you know.”

You let out a sigh, “Yeah, I think I’m getting more nervous every day, but...I’ve never been happier, you know?”

“Well, don’t worry about it. We’re handling everything so that you and Pinkie don’t have to.”

You smile. “Thanks, Rarity, we’re so lucky to have good friends like you.”

“Everything will be fine, we’ll make sure of it.”

Author's Note:

This is how wedding preparations work right? No one's freaking out over finances, no arguing over who sits where, and the bridesmaids aren't crying over the fact that their dresses don't go with the table decor.

IT'S A WEDDING, PLEASE JUST BE HAPPY FOR ONCE.

Sorry I didn't add in a giant bug-bear.