• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 1,207 Views, 4 Comments

Make Love and Prank Wars - StarkyShy



It's been a long time since that one prank war started your relationship with Pinkie Pie, when she asks for another, who are you to say no?

  • ...
4
 4
 1,207

Head in the Clouds

“C’mon, Twilight! Just help me out on this!” you pleaded.

“I already told you, I’m not going to get involved in you and Pinkie’s prank war.”

“But it’ll be funny!”

“I don’t care!”

“Pleeeeeaaase?”

Twilight finally looks up from her book to glare at you. “I said no.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please?”

“No!”

“Pretty pretty please?”

“No, and before you say ‘pretty pretty pretty please’, No!”

“C’mon, I really need you for this!”

“Why don’t you ask someone else to help? I’m sure Rainbow Dash would love to go prank PInkie Pie!”

“Because you have magic, duh!”

“Alright, I’ll bite: What exactly do you want me to do?”

You grin from cheek to cheek. “Ok, I want you to make clones of myself-”

“Absolutely not.”

“Oh come on, you didn’t even let me finish!”

“We have gone through two separate crises involving clones and lookalikes, and I refuse to go through a third!”

You’re about to respond back, but pause, dumbfounded by the new information. “Wait, really? Two? I thought you girls went through one.”

“Go ask Pinkie about the mirror pool incident, maybe then I can focus on this spell...”

You rub the back of your neck, feeling a bit foolish. “I uh...huh...Plan B then. I want you to make me look like a unicorn. I’ve also taken these pictures from Pinkie’s wallet, I’d like edited copies, you know? The plan is to make her think that I’ve always been a unicorn, and then later you can change me back.”

Twilight rubs her temples. “...And you need me why?”

“Because I’m going to have to use magic at one point, and I need you to help me fake it!”

“And what exactly are you going to make me do?”

“Nothing big, I swear! Just do basic things like picking an apple or flower, opening a door, following us around for like, an hour at most. That should be enough for me to prank her, and then that’s it!”

Twilight slams her book shut, snorting in annoyance as she looked at the pictures. “Fine, one hour. But you owe me big time.”

“WOOHOO!” Wow, that was a lot easier than you thought. This could be one of the best pranks you’ve ever pulled off if this works! You couldn’t wait to see the look on her face when she saw you with a unicorn horn.

After a bit of communication with an annoyed Twilight, you were almost ready. The pictures were changed and Pinkie’s wallet was put in its rightful place. The fake horn would be stuck pretty tight on your forehead, and would light up the same time Twilight would be using magic. Come tomorrow, you would be a unicorn.

For an hour.

The next day, you made your usual trip to Sugarcube Corner, a red rose tucked by your ear. You approached Twilight Sparkle, sitting outside. “Look, I just want to say thank you so much for helping me out on this.”

Twilight sighed, before letting out a small smile. “Yeah, well, just make this hour count.”

You nod, before walking inside. “Hey, Pinkie Pie! Are you ready?” you called upstairs, trying to hide your excitement. You took a brief look outside, seeing Twilight peeking in through the window.

“I’m reeaaadyyy!” She sang out, sliding down the banister, bouncing off at the end. Before she froze all her momentum in mid-air upon seeing you. Dropping down to the floor. “Woah woah woah, where’d you get that?”

You looked up at the rose, pretending not to know what she means. “Oh that? I was passing by Roseluck coming here and thought that it’d be a good gift. I know it’s a bit cliche, but, you know…”

“No, not that, that!” She said, pointing to your fake horn.

You almost cracked a smile as you looked up. “What? Something in my hair?” You ran a hoof through your mane, “C’mon, that prank’s too easy, Pinkie.”

“No, the horn!”

You tilted your head. “Yeah? What about my horn?”

“Where and when did you get that horn?”

“Well, when I was born, and from my grandmother on my mom’s side.”

“I...It’s just...” She stuttered, her eye twitching. “I don’t remember you having a horn!”

“Hey, I thought we said no faking amnesia.”

“It’s not amnesia!” Pinkie huffed, puffing her cheeks. She pursed her lip, staring into your eyes before her pupils widened. “Ohhh...I get it now! Heehee, that’s a good one! You really got me!” She laughed, flicking your horn.

“Ow! That hurt!” You cringe, stepping back as the horn wiggles, but stays on your head.

“C’mon, I know you’re an earth pony! I have proof right here!” Pinkie smirks, reaching into her wallet and showing off the pictures of you and her together.

You stare at the photos for a moment, secretly happy at the alterations made. “Uh...what am I supposed to be looking at?”

Pinkie Pie looked at the photos, squinting her eyes. “...Huh…”

“C’mon, we were gonna go to the park, remember?” You turned around, ready to walk out the door. Without warning, Pinkie Pie suddenly leaped onto your back, hooves swatting at your head. “What are you doing?!”

“Almost...got...your horn!” Pinkie Pie grunted as you tried to shake her off.

“Pinkie, what if someone see us like this? Get off!” You looked back at the window, seeing Twilight trying to hide her giggling. You gesture to Pinkie Pie, trying to signal her.

Twilight playfully rolls her eyes, lighting up her horn and ducking out of sight. Your own fake horn glowed too. An aura of energy surrounding Pinkie Pie, lifting her up, and putting her on the side.

“Uh…” Pinkie stared, flabbergasted. That was honestly a rare thing to see. “I...I guess it’s real...Ehehe, sorry!”

“It’s fine,” you chuckled, the rose moving from your ear to her’s. “Let’s just go to the park.” You wrapped your tail around Pinkie’s, Twilight’s magic opened the door for you two to walk outside and towards the park.

So far, everything seems to be going just right. Seems that you managed to get one step ahead of her this time. You might do a few more magic tricks, and you’d reveal the truth. For now, a regular date, with some magical help.

The two of you arrived at the park, tails still intertwined. You made your way under a shady tree and sat down. “So, what do you wanna do here?”

“Ooh, what about a picnic?” Without any warning, Pinkie reached off to the side and pulled out her tinfoil-covered party cannon out of nowhere, firing it in the air. What fell down was a red and white plaid blanket and a stuffed picnic basket.

You’ve seen her do things like that for so long, that at this point, you don’t even want to find out how or why out of fear that trying to comprehend her might make your head explode.

Pinkie opened up the basket, revealing your favorites, a dandelion sandwich with hay fries, and Pinkie Pie’s favorites, which was pretty much all just sugary sweets with frosting and sprinkles.

As Pinkie Pie started wolfing down her sweets, you start to reach for your food, before pausing. You couldn’t eat with your hooves, that would be too suspicious. It’s at that point you both came to a horrible realization: Twilight was going to have to feed you. From the corner of your eye, you spot Twilight, and briefly turn to face her, pointing your horn at your food.

Twilight rolled her eyes, getting to work. The sandwich lifted itself up due to her magic, you opened your mouth in preparation. Suddenly, the sandwich flew towards your mouth, catching you by surprise. Half the sandwich was in your mouth, almost choking you. Your eyes dart over to the side, thinking that Twilight’s trying to murder you.

Turns out that Twilight is not that trained in long-distance feeding.

The sandwich thankfully backs out to a reasonable bite-sized, portion, and you take a bite. You look back over to Pinkie Pie, who’s watching you eat, half a cake stuffed in her mouth.

After the picnic, you looked at Twilight in the distance, who was tapping her wrist with her hoof. Guess that meant your hour was almost up. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

“Hey, Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie looks up, lips covered in frosting. “Mmph?”

“Wanna see a magic trick?”

“Mmhmm!”

“Alright, here goes!” You put your hooves on your fake horn, and started to pull, grunting as you eventually tore the horn off your head. “Tadaaaa!”

“Woah woah woah woah! Y-Your horn!” Pinkie gasps, trying to reattach your horn back to your head.

You chuckle, “Pinkie, Pinkie! It’s not real!” You motioned over to Twilight, who walked over and waved. “All that magic I did was just Twilight!”

“Whaaaaaat?”

“Heh, gotcha!”

Pinkie put her hooves to her cheeks, “I can’t even believe it! Twilight, you helped pulled a prank on me?”

“Don’t get any ideas, Pinkie,” Twilight said dryly, although you could tell she was smirking on the inside.

“Wow, you two really got me good!” She giggled, her laughter growing until she was rolling on the ground in hysterics. Wow, she was more amused at your prank than you were.

Well, the prank was over, but what about Twilight? It’d be awkward and a bit rude to ask her to join what was meant to be a date. “Uh...you want some hay fries and donuts?”

“Nah, I’ll just leave you two lovers alone,” she said, waving goodbye before trotting off.

Pinkie finally stopped laughing and rolled up next to you, laying her head on your lap. “Whew, how’d you manage to convince Twilight to do that for you?”

“Well...It took a lot of effort, I’ll tell you that much,” you reply. You weren’t wrong, desperate begging took a lot out of you.

Pinkie lightly jabbed you in the stomach. “You really had me going there! That was one of your best ones yet!”

“Well, I’m inspired by the best,” you smirked, rubbing her chest.

“Aww, stop it, you!” she blushed.

“You know I love you, right?”

Pinkie pie giggled. “You tell me almost every day, and every time you say it, I believe you!”

“Well, it true, and I just love saying it to you!” You look down into her eyes, “I love you, Pinkie Pie.”

“I love you too!”

The two of you stayed underneath that tree for a while, talking, laughing, kissing. Time seemed to fly by so fast that the two of you didn’t notice that the sun had already set. The two had finally said your goodbyes, going your separate ways. Day well spent, you went back home. Your room was still mostly wrapping paper, but you didn’t really mind. You rolled into bed, falling asleep with a content sigh.

Your peaceful slumber was disturbed by the sound of distant chatter and the sun hitting your face. You turned in your sleep to try to keep the light from shining on your eyes. As you rolled, your hoof hit something unfamiliar. It was soft, but it definitely wasn’t anything that should’ve been on your bed. You slowly opened your eyes.

Huh. This wasn’t your bedroom. You looked around, this room was really blue and bright, and this bed was really white and fluffy. Your eyes shot open as you jolted. You looked over the edge of the bed to see the ground ten feet away. Your heart dropped, and you prayed that the rest of your body wouldn’t follow.

You let out a scream that you weren’t even sure came from your own mouth, it was so high pitched.

You shuffled back to the center of the cloud, shaking. This had to be a dream right? You should not be able to be laying on this cloud so comfortably. You slapped yourself, and slapped yourself again. You were still on the cloud. So this was probably real.

“Heeey! What’s up?” You heard someone giggling. You looked down, a pink figure waving at you.

“Pinkie Pie, w-what’s going on?” You shouted, voice wavering.

“What? You just fell asleep on that cloud, that’s all! I think the weather ponies are gonna need that soon!”

You were 98% sure that was a lie, but that was not your primary concern at the moment. “Well, uh...c-can you get me down now?”

“Sure! Why don’t you just get down, then?”

“How am I supposed to get down? I don’t even know how I got up!”

“Aw, you can fly down.” A voice said from behind. You jolted, turning around to see Rainbow Dash lying down next to you. “Just use your wings!” she smirked.

“My wi-” You looked to your side. Sure enough there were wings attached, just made out of cardboard and stuck on with duct tape.

Ok, that was actually really funny.

“Oh. I-I get it.” You started to chuckle.

“Oh, and while you’re up here,” Rainbow Dash said, “Pinkie Pie just wanted to say: Gotcha!” Rainbow then burst into laughter.

“Seriously though, please get me down now. I don’t think my knees have stopped shaking ever since I woke up,” you say with sincerity.

“Oh! Yeah, gimme a moment,” Rainbow said, picking you up by your front hooves, gently lowering you back to the earth. You instantly collapse, wanting to be as close to the ground as possible.

“Morning, cutie!”

“What was that and how.”

“Well, since you thought it was a good prank to be a unicorn, I thought it was a good prank for you to be a pegasus!”

“Yeah, I get that, how did you get me up there while I was sleeping?”

“I can answer that,” Twilight said, looking down at you. “Soundproof bubble to move you out of your bed without waking you up, cloudwalking spell to put you on there, and just to be safe, an invisible barrier to make sure you didn’t roll off. Child’s play, really.”

“Seriously? You begrudgingly helped me yesterday, and you just went along with Pinkie’s plan the moment she asks?!”

“Well, it wasn’t the moment she asked...” she shrugged.

“It really did take a lot of desperate begging,” Pinkie interjects.

“But, she did make the good point that if I helped you out, I gotta be fair and help her out too.”

You lie down on the ground, half-laughing, half-crying.

“A-are you ok? Did it go too far?” Pinkie asks with genuine concern.

You look up at her and nod. “Yeah...I’m fine. Scared, but it was really funny. Whew...”

Given your current situation, you could get her back and continue the prank war, but with the idea you had, the consequence would be that no one in Ponyville would ever be able to enjoy the Running of the Leaves again, so you decide to choose the alternative.

“Pinkie? I give up. You win.”

“Hmmm?”

“I’m not going to be able to top this anytime soon without serious repercussions, so yeah, I’m tapping out now. You win, Pinkie Pie.”

“Yahoo!” Pinkie Pie cheered, picking you up and spinning you around. “C’mon, I’ll go get the rest of Ponyville!”

Right, the cost of losing. Truth or Dare in front of the whole town.

“Yeah...I’ll uh, join you later,” you say, lying back down on the ground, pressing your cheek against the dirt. It took a few minutes, but you finally got up, dusted yourself off, and went to find Pinkie Pie.

Author's Note:

When exactly does this take place? Season 5-6ish.

I was thinking of adding Starlight, but then I thought "If the show doesn't care enough to write her in with her friends in episodes like Saddle Row Review, 28 Pranks Later or Dungeons and Discords, why should I?"

"Hey, Rainbow Dash and Applejack need a unicorn for their team. We could use this opportunity to give Snails the spotlight!"

"Well, why not ask Twilight or Rarity to do it?"

"We'll never explain it, but how about they come to the conclusion they're at Gauntlet of Fire helping Spike out?"

"What about Starlight Glimmer."

"Who?"

Sorry, Starlight fans, I just liked grumpy Twilight more.