• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 440 Views, 9 Comments

The Night War - Haillee



Viewers warning is advised. The story of the war that Pinkies faces every night. Will she come out victorious?

  • ...
 9
 440

The War

"No I won't let you out, never again!" Yelled a young Pinkie Pie.
She was surrounded in darkness, which appeared as smoke closing in on her. Tears ran down her face.
"Oh, but you will, it is only the matter of time before I win." Came a high-pitched voice from across the room. The pitch block room only had a small light surrounding the pink mare. Only an outline of a dark figure could be seen. The darkness closed in getting closer and closer to Pinkie.

"No never, I won't let you out! I will do everything to stop you!" Cried Pinkie again. The darkness came had reached her hooves. It slowly made its way up the body of the mare. Pinkie began to cry, just wishing it would all be over.

"You will set me free, you are almost gone my dear Pinkie" Said the figure as the darkness made its way around Pinkies neck.

Pinkie coughed from the smoky air that now filled her lungs. She tried to inhale yet all that came in was darkness, she collapses to the ground, trying to catch even the slightest bit of oxygen. Yet there was none to be found, her eyes closed as the figure gave off a laugh that made her skin crawl.

She woke with a scream, tears and sweat stained her pillows and sheets from yet another battle. She slowly made her way from her bad and walked over to a table across the room. She lite a lantern, being in the dark right now seems discomforting. It was still dark outside, Celestia hasn't risen the sun yet. She grabs a roll of parchment paper and a quill and sat at her table. On the other end of the table slept a small alligator. She was careful not to wake her pet as she wrote.

Dear Princess Luna

The creature is only getting closer,

I am running out of ways to hold her.

If all else fails, do not hesitate to hold your end of the deal.

Yours Truly

Pinkie Pie

She finished the letter and rolled up the parchment. She made her way from sugar cube corner quietly in the dark of the night. She walked for the castle in the center of the town. She learned over the last few months that if she is quiet, she can twist the dragons tail in his sleep and be able to send a letter to the princess of dreams. She didn't even need to wake the dragon, which was good because she didn't want anypony else know about the monster that lived within her.
They couldn't do anything anyways. They could only watch as a monster grew stronger. Luna however could, she could come into her dreams and help hold back the monster. She sent off the letter and made her way out of the castle back to her home.

Later that day, Pinkie was dancing to a joyful song. She had been working hard to make her friends believe that she was okay. That meant parties must be thrown. And when Twilight came to her afterward she couldn't refuse a sleep over with her friends, must be a normal Pinkie Pie.
That night they sat down in front of Twilight's new television to watch a new movie, "Adventures of Lil Pecan." Pinkie fell asleep mid-way through.
"Poor sugar cube, she works herself to death on those parties." Said Applejack, as he covered up the sleeping mare in a blue blanket.
But inside the mare’s mind yet another battle continued. This time however a dark blue alicorn stood beside the mare, shooting rays of blue light left and right at the darkness. But the rays did no good they only seemed to be devoured by the darkness.
"Dear Pinkie, why must you bring in another mare? Can you no longer have defined yourself." The dark figure spoke, it was closer this time, and you could clearly see a mile yet no face put to it.
"However, much I enjoy your friend's attempt to save you, this is a battle between me and you." As the creature said this Luna let out a scream, as she disappeared from the dream, only having darkness take her place.
"No...no I won't let you." Mumbled Pinkie as she tossed and turned beneath the blanket.
"Sugar cube, you ok?" Asked a worried Applejack as she reach over to tap Pinkie on the shoulder. But the second the orange mare touched her, Pinkie let out a high-pitched scream as she was levitated into the air. This made all the other 5 mares and small dragon in the room cover their ears and watch in horror as their fun party friend was surrounded in a large circle of darkness. And just as quickly as it all started it stopped. Only their friend was nowhere to be seen, well nothing was to be seen. All the lights went out and the ponies were left in pitch darkness.
When the static on the television lite the room, all the mare focused their eyes on the small set. A high pitch voice came from it, alot like their missing friend, yet higher and much more sinister tone.
I am freeee. Hehehehehehe.
Even the laugh made their skin crawl. The television shut off once more, leaving the room in darkness once again. It was nearly a few seconds but the silence made it fell like hours had past. When a large crash came about, Rarity and Twilight both lite their horns and pointed them at the television, just in time to see a pink hoof come out of it. They all screamed as they saw their friend come out of the television. It looked like Pinkie but it wasn't, her hair was straight and a wide sinsister smile was on her face. And the worst of it all was the eyes which spoke for themselves. The only thing on her mind was... kill....

Author's Note:

Well this took awhile only because this site confused me very much so. I misunderstood what it wanted me to put where sorry. Anyway a creepy story that can keep you up tonight. Hope you enjoy.

I dedicate this to my very creepy friend Joshpine. Thanks for making me a dark and twisted person, and forcing me to watch "The Poltergeist" when i was 8 years old. You are a very weird but faithful friend.