• Published 27th Oct 2016
  • 332 Views, 9 Comments

Bramble Seas Backstory - MrEShy



The History of Bramble Seas along with the tale of Chrysalis, Sombra, and the two Princesses

  • ...
 9
 332

A New Meeting Between Brother and Sisters

That cold stormy winter came as Chrysalis and I spent a lot of the time indoors and practicing spells. We found a plenty of good spells that would help us at home. A few spells actually came of use to us; helping if we needed to go somewhere and get supplies from one of the Three Territories. We kept a low profile and we always went together if we needed to get something, but that winter was different than the rest. The ponies’ anger at each other was getting worse as the winter became harsher. I told Chrysalis that we should stop going to the Territories, as there was much disharmony between the ponies’ that lived there.
The rest of the winter we spent inside of the nearly finished mansion. Its majestic rooms were being finished and the plumbing was in need of connecting to the kitchen.

Finally came spring and we ran outside to the melting snow.

I smile and I look at Chrysalis, “Shall we see if the others survived?”

She tilts her head, “Who?”

Me, “Oh, I meant the other ponies from the Three Territories.”

Chrysalis, “Oh them, but I thought you said we couldn’t go back there?”

Me, “Yes, but let us just try seeing if their anger has died down. If not we can come back here and wait a little longer.”

Her, “Well then lets go!” We both turn into a pegasus and we fly off toward the Three Territories. We get there and find no signs of pony life. Chrysalis looked around at the desolate, un-kept village at the base of the castle. She looked at me, “Where are they?”

I look around and I see the castle up ahead, “Lets see if they are in the castle.” We run toward the castle and we head inside to be welcomed by old hanging banters. We search all around the castle with no luck of finding anypony what so ever.

“I wonder where they all went…” Chrysalis says to me after we meet back up at the main doors to the castle.

“I know… lets check further North. If not there we will search west, and then East,” I say with concern. Chrysalis and I fly off North and we don’t find any signs through the dense, untouched woods. We head back to the Unicorn Territories, and then we head to the East where we find ponies building on new homes. I stay a pegasus, landing and then I trot up to the nearest pony, a unicorn, and I ask him a couple of question.

I come back to Chrysalis and I tell her, “It seems the ponies have united races and have stared to build in these new lands that they are now calling Equestria. Seems it shall be easier for us to get supplies…” She tilts her head at me, as I suddenly stop talking.

“Are you ok?” She asks

I nod and I smile widely, “I just got an idea! We should make a tunnel to this area! It will be perfect! We can hide it and use it so that we ca…”
I stop as a mare has snuck up on us and tapped me on the shoulder making me jump high up into the nearest tree.

She looks up and giggles saying, “I didn’t realize that somepony could be that jumpy!”

I look down at the mare and I fly down, landing next to Chrysalis, “Sorry… I am not use to having ponies sneak up on me…” I clear my throat, “What is it you need?”

She smiles, “I just saw you come over here and I thought you looked new! I have come to greet you!”

I put a smile on, “Why thank you. We appreciate your greetings. Um… would you mind showing my sister and I around? We are interested in buying land.”

The mare smiles and turns to lead the way, “Follow me and I shall show you around! We will end to meet with one of the princesses…”

I cut her off, “Can you buy us some land if I can give you the money for it? I get queasy when I am around the princesses.”
She thinks for a while and then nods, “I could do that for you. It will cost you two thousand bits.”

I pull out my bag and I pour out two thousand bits into her pouch, “There you go. Now let us go on with the tour.” She smiles and starts to trot off and we follow. We go to about twenty different places and then we stop at the castle gates.

I smile saying, “We will stay out here and wait for you to come back with the deed to the land.”

Her, “Alright! I shall return in a couple seconds.” She trots off and I sit down near the castle doors, with the guards looking at me confused.

“Ugh, I thought that would never end,” I said groaning.

Chrysalis sits next to me, “Come on, it wasn’t that long.”

I groan a little, “I know… I am just exhausted.”

She pulls out some bread and hands it to me, “Here, eat this.”

I take it and I start to eat it, “Thank you, I needed this.”

The mare comes back out after a while and hands me a roll of paper, “There you go, just need you to sign your name and the land is yours!” I sign the scroll in five different places and I give the deed back so she can get the princess to sign it. She looks at the name and smiles, “I like your name. Bramble Seas, it sounds cute.”

She trots of and I blush a little as Chrysalis giggles, “I think somepony has an eye on you.”

I look at her and I blush harder, “Shut up!” Chrysalis continues teasing me and stops as the mare comes back with the same scroll and hands it to me not saying a word, but looks into my eyes examining me. She trots back into the castle with a posture of ending the conversations. I look at the scroll and it has a stamp of approval with a sack of two thousand bits that I put back into my bag.

I look at Chrysalis, “Well that was strange don’t you think?”

She nods, “Yes, one second she was happy and the next, she looked like she had just an announcement that she was going to die.”

Me, “Yea, well lets go to see our new land.” We fly off to our now new lands and I land in a wide-open field, “This will be perfect to build a house and make a tunnel.”

Chrysalis, “What will we build the house out of?”

I think and then I look at her, “Lets go home and get supplies then come back and start building, but first…” I change to a unicorn and I cast a spell on the ground so a flag appears, “There we go, that will mark our area.” I change to a pegasus and we fly off to our home.

After three days the house was built and the tunnel was hidden in the basement. We stayed there for a while until one day we get a knock at our front door. I go and I open the door to find the two ponies, my sisters from the library, standing there. I close the door and I yell to Chrysalis, “Get down here now!” She runs down and I tell her, “The princesses are here…”

She looks toward the basement and looks back at me, then whispers, “Are we going to escape?”

Me, “No… We will see what they want, then if they ask us to come with them we will dart.” She nods and I open the door with a smile, “I am sorry, I wasn’t expecting you two to visit us today and I was just surprised to see you. What can we do for you your highnesses?”

The smaller one, Luna, looks at me and smiles, “We are also sorry if we are interrupting something. We just heard you are new here and wanted to see how you are...”

She looks me over and then looks to the taller one, Tia, as she talks, “We are wondering if you had already gotten the deed from us to own this land.”

I nudge Chrysalis and she jumps a little, “O-oh, yes we did! L-Let me go get it!”

She darts off toward my room and I look at the two princesses, “P-please come in. We are happy to have you here…”

Luna put a hoof up and I silence, “Save it… We will come in, but we want to know who you are and why you are here now.” I gulp and I let them in. I show them to a place to sit down as Chrysalis comes in and shows them the deed.

She then asks, “May I get you some tea or anything to eat?”

Tia nods toward her way, “We would like some amber tea if you have any and just a small bit to eat, thank you.” Chrysalis nods, darts off, and starts to prepare the tea as well as some food fit for the princesses. I look at the two ponies that I suspect to be my sisters and I try to speak, but the words are stuck. After a tiny bit of silent time that seems like hours are passing, Tia speaks up, “I know you somehow… I saw you in a dream and I have heard mom and dad talk about a Nightmare Sacrifice in the castle. I feel like you are that Sacrifice…”

I sit there now scared and I talk, but in a low, silent mumble, “Me? Oh, b-but I am merely a simple Pegasus l-living with my sis...”

Tia cuts me off before I finish, “You two can drop the act…”

I stare at the two trying to keep calm, “What act?”

Tia, “I have a feeling you two are not who you ponies say you are…”

Me, “You maybe right… but I want to ask who you two are…”

They look at each other and the taller one talks first, “Celestia,”

The smaller one, “Luna.”

I gulp and I mange to get out a few words very quietly, “I-I know you two t-then… You are m-my sisters that I reviled so much for taking m-mom and dads love and attention for yourselves…”

The two couldn’t hear me and just put it to the side as if it wasn’t anything important. Tia says, “I want you to come with us back to the castle after we are done here…”

Chrysalis over hears and as she sets the tea and tiny sandwiches down, she whispers, “Should we go?” I simply shake my head and she takes her seat next to me.

Luna looks at us both, then her eyes widen, making Chrysalis and I look at each other as she asked, “Are y-you both alicorns l-like us? Like pure alicorns?” I sigh and it was like me and Chrysalis had a conversation in our heads, knowing we need to admit defeat.

I speak up, “I guess we can’t lie to you two any longer, so… Yes, we are alicorns.”

Celestia glared, “I thought so... Now show us your true forms…” We both turn back to normal and both Luna and Celestia get up fast, backing up a little. They both look me in the eyes with realization.

Celestia growls, “I should have known… You were the sacrifice… Yet you live and our parents have disappeared… Explain yourself now!”

My ears go down and tears run down my face as I look down, “I didn’t want to be a sacrifice… I DIDN’T WANT TO BE ONE!” I stand up, “Do you even feel anything toward your brother who was locked away in that cursed tower? Did you not notice the little foal in the window looking down at you?! I was destined to watch you two play and frolic with mom and dad while I was locked up in a room without any of the love and care that you two got!”

Celestia put her ears down and glared me in the eyes, “How dare you claim to be our brother… I would know if we had another kin…”

Me, “Well news flash… Mom and dad immediately locked me in that cursed room after I was born and never told anyone about me…”

Luna looks at me with sorrow in her eyes, “I-I knew you w-were alive… I saw you in my dreams… locked in that room… I wish I would have known more…”

I look at her with confusion, “How? Dad blocked off all means of magic to the room… I could only use a certain verity of spells…”

Luna looked at the ground for a second then looked up, “I-I can walk through d-dreams…”

Me, “How? Only dad could do that, but I am guessing you got his power when you were born…” She nodded and after that was said, Celestia and Luna sat back down.

Celestia, after a long silence, said, “Tell us what happened… Please, I want to know everything” I sighed and I looked them in the eyes. I looked away through the window to my left. I eventually looked back at them and told them everything that happened in the past.