• Published 14th Oct 2016
  • 622 Views, 3 Comments

CSR Brush Pony - shysage



For centuries, it has just been our three Pony races, enjoying Equestria together. Imagine my amazement when Fluttershy brought a new species of Pony into my Library!

  • ...
 3
 622

Chapter 6, Seriously?

Well, it's me, Fluttershy. And I don't know how much of this they will keep in...

After those two Cougars, it was the middle of the afternoon. I think the Brush Pony family wanted to be inside, anyway. They were fearful for a while. I couldn't blame them. Well, Ariel was with us, well Ariel, Shyna, Fiona and Filia. The four of them led the way back to my Cottage. I think we were all being a lot more careful. Behind these four, the Brush Pony family walked, with the foal Arianna in the middle. Mom and dad's ears were high and alert. I think they were helping us keep an eye out. I was pretty sure the Brush Ponies heard the Cougars approach long before the Cougars started growling.

We made it to my Cottage ok, and went inside right away. I never felt uncomfortable being outside around my Cottage, even in the middle of the night. But now... Well, we were all somewhere between freaked out and being careful maybe. Princess Twilight, Filia and Fiona left soon after. Three girls spread out in front of the low fire, and started talking, laughing... That helped the rest of us relax some, I think. Summer and Shysage came soon after. Shysage carefully kicked a little more wood on the low fire, then was on his belly next to Summer. I relaxed the rest of the way after they came, after my Sis and I hugged and cried together a few minutes. Summer made it a point again of hugging the Brush Pony mare. Their hugs were getting longer, I think. They really were friends now.

From that point, our evening went as it usually did, except that Shyna and I stayed downstairs and slept with everypony else. For some reason, Arianna wanted to sleep with the girls, and mom said ok. We basically slept where we were. I was next to my Sis, I didn't mind.

Well, the next morning was just hard. The Brush Pony mare and stallion were up talking quietly together in their own language when I woke up. The girls woke up together and started talking soon after. But everything seemed a lot... maybe it was tension I was feeling.

Summer and Shysage hugged Ariel, then Summer hugged the Brush Pony mare. Summer and Shysage were getting ready to leave. They really weren't supposed to even be... nevermind.

Summer hugged the mare, and told her "Back later maybe" and the mare bowed her head a little. Then Summer and Shysage left.

Well, we knew where our next stop was. We had to go to Princess Twilight's Castle to find out how Equestria would rescue the Brush Pony tribe. I think that was why the Brush Ponies were a little tense. I had no clue what would happen either. And if this was the whole reason they came to us in the first place... Well, I guessed we would find out soon. I walked them directly through town. They got some strange looks, but I don't think they wanted to be in the meadow right now.

Once we were in the Castle, in the Library, Princess Twilight read the letter from Princess Celestia. Of course I nodded politely, and said yes. Of course I would do anything I could to help the Brush Pony family. I even thanked Princess Twilight for this task. But, seriously? I guess Shining Armor didn't think he had enough information about the Cougars to even guess how many guards would be enough for any sort of military action. And he didn't have any information about the Brush Pony tribe, where they were, how they were situated, is the word he used, I think. Princess Celestia proposed that I would go back with the Brush Pony family and find out some more. That was Equestria's plan to rescue the Brush Pony tribes... sending me... to die... I didn't say that, of course. As calmly as I could, I just accepted my... I just pasted on a smile, and said "Yes... Of course... And, thank you..."

Like I said, seriously? In the last five days, 9 Cougars had attacked, and they wanted just me to go back with the Brush Pony family? I would die of fear if... when a Cougar attacked us...

I smiled and said yes, of course I would do that. And the Brush Pony mare thanked Princess Twilight, too. But I felt right away from the Brush Pony mare... disappointment, maybe even dispair... I felt the same way. I was pretty sure this would not end well at all.

The Brush Pony mare called for Arianna, and hugged her tightly. Then she said to Princess Twilight "Arianna stay here, safer?" This was a question, and four amazing friends quickly surrounded Arianna. Filia said "We will watch her every move!" The Brush Pony mare said quietly "Stay in most..." I think everypony understood.

The Brush Pony mare and stallion bowed to Princess Twilight and thanked her again. She had us up right away. Then the mare looked at me, then said quietly, carefully "Let's go", then she and her stallion headed out of the Library.

Princess Twilight stopped me, and we hugged. "Fluttershy, please hurry back. Equestria needs you safe. And I know this might not be the best task for you, but be careful." Of course, I smiled and hugged Princess Twilight, and I told her I would be careful. But seriously? What were they thinking?

The Brush Pony mare and stallion were waiting for me outside. Spike was laying on one of the steps. "Wow, no army... Be careful, Fluttershy..." I don't think anything I could say at that point would have been nice.

I walked over to the Brush Pony mare and stallion. I said quietly "This way" and led them around the back of the Castle. They came, but the Brush Pony mare said "Train... faster?"

I just said one word. It was the only word I could say right now, without crying hysterically at what they wanted me to do. And I know we are not supposed to... But, I wanted to live... I wanted us to live... I wanted to actually be able to see Ponyville again... Shyna and everypony else... So many more amazing adventures in friendship yet to be lived and learned, but I had to survive... I don't understand the issues ponies, Equestria might have with... Whatever... I said the only word I could say to anyone right then... "Summer..." I just wanted my sister... I absolutely needed my Sis...

The Brush Pony mare understood immediately and said "Thanks you..." and started to cry softly. I felt exactly the same way.

And Summer and Shysage found us. They were out flying, really scouring the meadows around Ponyville for Cougars as they did their morning flying together. After they landed, I ran over to Summer and cried hard on her shoulder. I had not cried long. Summer said quietly "Sis, we are coming with you." I just cried more.