• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 510 Views, 7 Comments

They Met In The Woods - G Writes



Hello my name is Octavia I am lead cellist in the royal Canterlot symphony and little did I know that my life was soon going to change when I first set eyes on her.

  • ...
3
 7
 510

They Met In The Woods

They Met In The Woods (Vinyl and Octavia Romantic FanFic)

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville and Pinkie Pie was hopping around happily passing out invites for a huge party taking place in the Everfree forest. Now you might be thinking why in the wide world of Equesteria would Pinkie Pie throw a huge party in a place like the Everfree forest well she thought it would be good for pony's to quite being so afraid of the place ever since she sang her Giggle at the Ghostly song. After two hours Pinkie had passed out nearly ever single invite except for two more. After looking for the two pony's she had not given the invite to Pinkie then came across a cottage that belonged to the best DJ in Equesteria.

DJ Pon-3 but her friends call her by her real name. Vinyl Scratch. Pinkie hopped to the door and quickly knocked on the DJ's door. After a few seconds of silence the door came swinging open and what came with it was loud music that caused Pinkie flying back.

"Wow! Sorry about that Pinkie I was just testing out some new beats for a new song I'm working on!"

"Oh that's ok Vinyl and from what I just heard it sounds like your new song is going to be AWESOME! Anyway Vinyl I wanted to give you this invite for a this huge party I'm hosting in the Everfree forest. I was hoping you could provide some of your music."

"Sure thing Pinkie that sounds like lots of fun." Vinyl said while using her magic to take one of Pinkie's invite from her hooves. "Can't wait to see you there."

"Oh goody!" Pinkie said while pulling out her party cannon and firing a ton a party confetti into the air. "See you at the party Vinyl." Pinkie said while hopping away with her party cannon.

"Where did that pony get that party cannon from?" Vinyl thought as she closed the door behind her. "Hmm better pick out what I should play at the party."

Pinkie who was now three blocks away from Vinyl's cottage had now came across a cottage that belonged to the best Cello player in all of Equesteria. Octavia. Pinkie Pie went up to the door and quickly knocked on the door the same way she had done to Vinyl's door.

"Coming!" A voice with in the cottage said. Soon a grey mare with Blake hair and white collar around her neck with a pink bow tie on the front of the collar appeared in the door way.

"Oh why hello there Pinkie Pie how may I help you today?"

"Hi there Octavia I just wanted to know if you'd like to come to this super dooper awesome fun party in the Everfree forest." There be food, cake, music, party cannon's, drinks, balloons, and CAKE! Oh wait I already said that one."

"Well that does sound interesting but I'm afraid I'm just to- Wait! Did you say music?"

"Yup." The pink Earth pony said happily.

"Well I'm flattered that you would want me to perform at your party but like I said I'm just to-"

"Oh no I didn't come to ask you to perform at my party." I came to ask you if you'd like to come to my party."

"Oh well if you don't mine me asking Pinkie who will be performing and providing you music for your party?"

"One of my best friends that I've known for along time will. Her names Vinyl Scratch and her stage name is DJ Pon-3. Ever heard of her?" Pinkie ask exactly.

"No I can't say that I've ever heard of this Vinyl Scratch."

"Well she's this super amazing, super awesome DJ who does a lot of dubstep songs." Octavia scratched her head for a bit and thought to herself. She would go to the party but to only meet this Vinyl Scratch.

"Um Pinkie if it's not much trouble could I perhaps see a picture of-"

"Here you go." Pinkie said while giving Octavia a picture of Vinyl before Octavia could even finish asking her question which was weird because Octavia was about to ask if she could see a picture of Vinyl. Octavia took one glance at the DJ pony with her white coat and spiked blue mane wearing her signature purple sunglasses that seem to hide her eyes and pretty soon Octavia was blushing. She had no idea why she was blushing and didn't even notice until Pinkie ask her a question.

"So you coming?"

"Huh oh yes."

"Great!" Pinkie said while getting her party cannon out once again and shooting out a ton of confetti. (Octavia then starts coughing because of the confetti)

"What (cough) was (cough) all that about?" Octavia said while coughing.

"Oops guess I put to much confetti in my party cannon this time. Anyway here's your invite."

"Thank you Pinkie Pie I'll see you (cough) at the party."

"Bye Octavia can't wait to see you at the party." As Pinkie hopped off Octavia started walking back into her cottage.

"Ok so it's settled I'll go to the party just so that I can meet this Vinyl Scratch." Octavia then looked at the invite and let out a little yelp when she saw the date. "Oh sweet Celestia the party is tomorrow! I must pick out what I'm going to wear."

After one day had pass the Everfree party was finally among the pony's and you can bet that Pinkie did one heck of a job decorating the Everfree forest to look more fun and glamour rather than dark and spooky. Blue and pink streamers littered the tops of the trees and tiny bits of rainbow colored confetti was scattered all over the ground. Pinkie also did a great job at setting up the food table. The whole table was filled with yummy and delicious cupcakes, cake, cookies, chocolate covered fruits, smores, ice cream, fruits kabobs, brownies, donuts, cotton candy, chocolate milk, punch, and soda. The stage that Vinyl was going to perform on was set and there be tons of room for her to put as many speakers on the stage as she needed. There were also a bunch of colorful light above the stage so that pony's were able to see and because flashing lights mix with dubstep is a good mixture. Pretty soon pony's started coming. Vinyl was the 5th to show setting up her equipment as fast as she could before any other pony showed up. When she was finally done setting up her equipment she decided to help herself at the food table. Eating foods from cookies to chips to even a slice of cake and drinking half of the punch. Luckily Pinkie had extras. Soon enough Pinkie's party was packed with dancing pony's and Vinyl had been on the stage for a good 15 minutes. Blasting her speakers with dubstep so epic no pony could ever dream of such an awesome thing. First she started off by spinning her records nice and slowly then she started speeding it up and soon she was dropping the bass. Next she went on to remixes. Which everypony loved.

After another good 10 minutes Vinyl stepped off the stage to take a brake. She made her way to the punch bowls drinking glass after glass while being complimented by a pony or two.

"Hey Vinyl having a good time so far?" Pinkie ask Vinyl.

"It's great Pinkie but you know what would make this party better?"

"What's that?"

"If we had some alcohol."

"Hmmm I guess that would make it more fun and interesting. Maybe next time."

"Awesome! I better be getting back on the stage."

"Ok talk to you later Vinyl."

While Vinyl was walking back to the stage she was quickly stopped by a fancy looking grey mare.

"Um excuse me but are you DJ Pon-3?"

"In the fur." Giving the other pony a friendly punch in the shoulder. Octavia now trying to hold back a little cry said.

"Well (pause) nice to meet you Mis.Pon-3 I'm Octavia." Extending a hoof out for the DJ to shake it but instead the DJ hoof bump the pony's hoof. Octavia now trying to hold back yet another cry manage to say.

"So I hear your into music."

"It's my life I don't know what I'd do without it."

"Well that makes two of us Mis. Pon-3."

"Actually it's DJ Pon-3 but if you like it better to call me by my real name it's Vinyl Scratch."

"Oh I know your real name from a close friend of yours I just didn't know if you prefer being called by your stage name or real name." Octavia was quickly explaining.

"Do you mine if I ask what are your feelings about classical music?"

"Well I mean it's ok but it's got nothing on my wubs."

"Your what?" Octavia ask confused.

"You know wubs and dubstep." Vinyl replied back.

"No I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it. I mean I've heard of it before but I don't know all that much about it."

"What really wow Octi you really need to get out some more." Here I'll tell you this how about I give you a taste of my kind of music and after that you can show me your classical music stuff. Then after your done will have the crowd pick who was the better pony. Deal?"

"First off it's Octavia not Octi second off I will except your little musical challenge."

"Awesome well I'm going to get on stage to get started all you have to do this blend in with the crowd."

"Um alright." As Octavia walked into the crowd Vinyl ran up on stage and spoke into the microphone.

"Hey what is up everypony are you all enjoying the party so far?" The crowd of pony's screamed loud with excitement and as soon as the crowd went silent Vinyl started saying.

"Alright everypony we have a very special guess in the crowd tonight. Pinkie can I have a spotlight on Octavia please!"

" You got it Vinyl!" Soon everypony was looking at Octavia and Octavia found herself blushing as she had done yesterday.

"And turns out Vinyl continue she's never heard of dubstep before so how about we change that right now!" The crowd screaming with joy.

"Alright I call this one Dubstep Dishwasher!" Once Vinyl started playing the song everypony was jumping with joy and shaking their flanks to the music. And Octavia was right in the middle of all of it. She couldn't even think what was worst the pony's dancing or the music Vinyl was playing. It was so loud that Octavia couldn't even hear herself think. She had even tired to leave many times but was unable to because every time she had tried another pony would bump into her making it impossible for her to get were she needed to go.

When the song was finally over Octavia found herself out of breath and was now starting to sweat a little bit.

"So what you'd think?" Vinyl ask Octavia.

"That was outrages!" Octavia manage to shout out.

"What but dubstep is supposed to fill you with energy." Vinyl explained.

"Are you kidding me, I could hardly breath let alone think!"

"Did you even try to have fun?"

"How could I? I was being bumped around by other pony's the whole time!"

"That's part of the fun you know."

"How could that possibly be fun?"

"Ok ok look calm down. It's your turn anyway. How about you show us what you got."

"You know what, NO! I'm leaving."

"Oh come on Octi."

"It's Octavia!" Octavia shouted out loud.

"Man what crawled up that pony's flank?" Vinyl muttered to herself in anger. But that anger was soon gone when Vinyl heard a cry for help. Coming from Octavia.

Octavia was being dragged away by three stallions and once Vinyl realized this she ran up to the stage and grabbed one of her portable speaker and started running after Octavia and the three ponies.

"Oh we sure did grab us a pretty one right Wing Flapper."

"Oh you got that right Hoof Stamper."

"Please let me go!" Octavia bagged.

"Quick one of you shut her up!" Said the Flame Gas.

"Got it boss." Hoof Stamper went up to Octavia and tried putting a rag into Octavia mouth but failed when Octavia bit Hoof Stamper's hoof. "Ouch! Flame Gas the dang pony bit my hoof!" (SMACK!) Flame Gas then slapped Hoof Stamper in the face in a fit a rage.

"How many times do I have to tell you to refer to me as boss and quiet yelling or somepony will hear us and I don't plan on going to jail. That goes for you two." Pointing a hoof at Wing Flapper. "You two got it?"

"Yes boss, sorry boss." (Both say in unison)

"Good now lets go."

"Hey perverts!" All three turn around and see Vinyl.

"Vinyl!" Octavia scream with joy.

"I'm going to give you all the count of three to leave the mare alone or else!"

"Or else what, little filly?" Flame Gas asked annoyed.

"Or else I'm going to use ...this! Pulling her portable speaker from behind one of the trees. 1 2...3!"

"Ha big deal what even is that?" Flame Gas ask curiously.

"Oh it's nothing special it's just my BASS CANNON!"

Vinyl shouted as loud as she could before pressing the big red button on the speaker. Soon after a huge wave of epic bass blasted from the speaker. Hitting the three pony's and sending them flying across the air and even destroying some of the trees in the process. As soon as the three pony's were out of sight Vinyl turned off the bass cannon and started running towards Octavia asking if she was ok.

"Octavia are you alight, did they hurt, they didn't touch you did they!"

"Vinyl, Vinyl calm down, calm down. I'm alright. And thank you for saving me Vinyl."

"Oh it was nothing." Vinyl said while whipping off the worried look on her face.

"No it wasn't noting. You saved me from being rapped and for that I thank you." Kissing Vinyl on the cheek.

"Does this mean you'll say around to play some of your classical music?"

"Well it's the least I can do. I just need to go get my cello at my house care to walk with me just in case we bump into any more trouble?"

"Sure let's go."

MEANWHILE.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! (all scream together as they start to fall to the ground)

"Ow boss I think one of my wings are broken."

"Yeah I think one of my legs are broken too boss."

"I could care less all that's important right now is getting out of here before anypony sees us."

"Um boss isn't this Princess Celestia's castle?" Hoof Stamper ask scared and confused.

"Don't be a fool there is no way that pony could have blasted us all the way to Canterlot."

"Um then why are there castle guards surrounding us?" Wing Flapper ask worried.

"Oh sweet Celestia this is her castle."

Back at the party Octavia was on stage playing her cello so amazing, so wonderful that if somepony were to listen it would make them cry. Just like as it was doing to Vinyl making sure to hide her tears behind her purple shades. When Octavia was done playing everypony started cheering for her but out of all of them Vinyl was cheering the loudest. When Octavia noticed this she started blushing like never before. Octavia then started trotting off stage to pack up her cello making sure to be very gentle with it. When she was done packing up her cello Vinyl screamed in her ear.

"That was awesome Octi!"

"Ugh Vinyl you can't just sneak up on pony like that and scream in my ear in their like that."

"Whoops sorry Octi."

"Vinyl how many times must I tell you it's not Octi it's Octavia."

"Don't worry you'll get used to the nickname."

"I have a strong feeling that I won't." Octavia muttered.

"Anyway Vinyl I'm not doing anything tomorrow would you like to go out for lunch?"

"Sorry Octi but while you were playing on stage Pinkie ask me if I could DJ another one of her party's." Octavia then put her head down in disappointment.

"Oh well I understand."

"But for you, you bet I'll be there."

The End!

Author's Note:

I love the Octi and Vinyl ship so much that I just had to make an awesome fanfic so I came up with my own ideas with a little bit of inspiration and one thing led to another and soon I was writing then typing my fanfic. And I finally finished it hope you all enjoy and please keep in mine that this is my first fanfic I ever came up with so thank you all.

Comments ( 7 )

I love this! You got their personalities down perfectly, and the story is really interesting. Also, Octavia and Vinyl is best ship.

Vinylpie? Okay, you've got my interest...

7779407 Hey thx for loving the story means a lot and yes I agree Vinyl and Octi ship is the best!

Comment posted by G Writes deleted Dec 8th, 2016

7779312 lol I know right.

7779641 Ha awesome never thought of that ship before.

Login or register to comment