• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 623 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 623

Sequencing

Upon return to my ship, I place the two new DNA samples in the spectrometer. Then ask the computer how it is going.

"Fine, aside from the ship still not being able to fly all that well." That's good news for a change. "DNA sequencing is nearly complete, with several specimens awaiting your inspection."

"I brought two new samples. They are from what are refered to as "alicorns". These alicorns have a horn and wings. Based on my observations, the wings are not merely decorative, as well as the horn allowing the pony to focus and control High Magic. Have not seen evidence of Elemental Magic. They appear to use a loose form of manipulation casting in their spells. It appears that it is largely based on intuition, but may be further strengthened with study."

"Sequencing new DNA now... constructing genetic strand... finalizing results. We are able to reconstruct an alicorn, if you so wish, but since it appears that alicorns are associated with royalty, I suggest one of the alternate species. It does, however, appear that alicorns have a much stronger magical net, allowing them to use more mana at once, as well as increase intake speed of ambient energy."

That does present an interesting development. If I was to construct an alicorn body for myself, instead of a unicorn, I would be able to cast all of my higher level spells. But since I have my runes, I doubt I will need to do any active casting. But alicorns can fly, and are revered as royalty. I think I will need the extra mana intake. So, "Construct the alicorn body. And where is the cloning vat?"

"It is located in the port side compartment. It will need to be set up, as it is in pieces."

"Will do, Alyr."