• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 623 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 623

Escape!

With the distress signal sent off, there really was nothing better to do than wait. This prompted questions, questions I would rather not answer, for the most part. One such question was how I got so much power in so little time. Comparing power between me and Discord gives an almost exact match, despite me being millennia younger than him.

"I used a very long term spell. Among other things." This is all the answer I would give for the moment. I also go back to my previous questioning of Discord. "What, exactly, are you?"

Discord seems uncomfortable with this line of questioning. "I don't want to talk about it." Although I am burning with curiousity, I relent, and instead ask about how the ponies would take this.

Cadance glares nukes at the ceiling, since we are presumably underground. I wasn't paying attention to where Sombra took us, too busy focusing on my spell. Celestia looks slightly worried. Twilight starts freaking out. Discord says a few choice things, mostly about what will happen to Sombra if he goes near Fluttershy.

"That bad, huh?" It seems these ponies are not the violent types. "Well, it's not like we can actually do anything. Unless...." I move over to the bars, touch them with my wings, and start channeling Fire mana through them, heating up the metal. After a few minutes of this, and being stared at, the metal starts to glow. "That is going to leave a mark." Although I can't really be harmed by heat, due to my Fire magic, the protein in my feathers will still melt. Even if that makes flight difficult, if not outright impossible, getting out would be worth it.

The bars are now glowing orange, so I pull my wings back, turn around, and give them a good hard bucking. They move, so I buck them again, and again. After the sixth hit, they finally snap off. Very loudly. We all move out of the cell, and start heading up. We encounter no resistance as we move up, but with my limited sensing of the area around us, we are close. Damn me for not paying attention when we were brought this way.

Wait a minute. This seems too easy. Where are all the guards? Someone should have heard the bars snapping, and come running. Or galloping, whichever. Also, would I be able to just take the horn-blocker off by grabbing it with my wings? I try to do so, and it slips off easily. Really? I could have done that the ENTIRE time, and I didn't think of it before? I must be losing my touch.

At this point, we have reached an intersection, and I stop. I turn around and remove everyone else's magic inhibitors, much to their delight.

"Alright, so. We have escaped, and have our magic back. We know we can't take Sombra on in a straight-up battle. So what do we do?"

Celestia is the first to give a suggestion. "Maybe... You seem very skilled with magic. If you could convince the Tree of Harmony to give up the Elements of Harmony, those could be used. But the Tree is quite a ways from here, and I am not even certain if they are powerful enough."

"Maybe? I do have experience with getting magical artifacts, but do we really have the time to do that? I also have my gems, which can greatly enhance my power, but not to the level that the Element of Dark Magic is on. I could also try to figure out what each of you have as your gemstone, which could then be used. But that would also require having the gemstones on hand."

Twilight, however, presents a very interesting idea. "What if we somehow harnessed the power of the Crystal Heart? The Empire will survive without it for a few hours while we deal with Sombra, and it is very powerful. Much more powerful than anything else at our disposal."

"She's right, but channeling that much mana through any living thing would probably vaporize whoever was trying to do it."

Celestia then raises an interesting point. "Could we channel the mana through an inanimate object? Like we do with our horns. That would pull the stress of channeling it off of whoever, and it would then just need to be directed."

Cadance is aghast at our discussion. "You would take the one thing my city needs to survive? Have you all taken leave of your senses?!"

Twilight reassures the frenzied alicorn. "Only for as long as we need it. Remember when it was shattered by Flurry? The city was fine for a few hours while we figured out how to fix it. It wasn't pretty, but they survived."

Luna also points out that we probably will not need the Crystal Heart for as long as it was broken, so it should be fine to borrow it.

I then decide to voice my opinion. "Does this seem too easy to any of you? We have escaped without incident, we have our magic back, and here we are, in a hallway intersection discussing our plan. It seems like Sombra isn't even worried about us, with the number of guards he put on keeping us in that cell."

The rest of them agree, but say that it will be his undoing. I can only hope they are right.

Author's Note:

Sorry Boulder, even though your idea was a good one, I decided to go with this.

Also, listing to this while writing.

Almost Human