• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 623 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 623

The Dungeon

After eating, we move quickly, searching the cave system for anything that may help us. We find a few scattered items, mostly consisting of crystals and magical ingredients, including a special ink that allows written spells to be used by anyone. I pocket most of the items, giving the reason that I actually use them, plus I am the only one with saddlebags. Although, I guess the saddlebags reason is not as convincing seeing as every single one of us could just teleport it wherever.

Once we have combed over every inch of the caves, we exit them, and I give the suggestion of just teleporting to the Crystal Empire. This is received with wild enthusiasm on Cadance's part, and reasonable agreement with the others. Before we teleport though, I sense a disturbance. Not in the force, but in the immediate vicinity of the Empire. Seems like Sombra's doings have attracted some attention.

We all teleport into the throne room, due to an agreement that we should all be together. When I materialize, I notice two things. One is that Sombra is sitting in the throne, the other is that a stallion and an alicorn foal in the corner, contained in a cage made of pure Dark Magic. The stallion is holding the foal, comforting it.

Cadance is the first to speak, which she does by hurling a powerful mana blast at the cage. The Dark magic making up the cage dissolves into the attack, removing the one obstacle for stallion and foal. She then turns to Sombra, eyes ablaze with fury. During this, the stallion moves over to Cadance, taking up position behind her, and charging up his horn.

"YOU MONSTER!" The supposed evil overlord to which this is addressed finally comes out of a stupor, and smiles. A devilishly wicked smile too.

He then speaks, calmly and clearly. "How nice of you to arrive! I was about to transfer you all to the dungeons here, much more secure than that room I left you in."

I speak, authority in my voice, willing him to accept his fate. "Sombra! Or should I say Dethon? I have already fought and beaten you. You know you cannot win. Give up now, and I will spare your life, such that it is."

Sombra responds to my verbal prodding in the way I had expected, "You may win one-on-one, but I have the Element now Aurthur, you know how powerful it is, and you know you cannot beat it. Even now, near my weakest, my power is still greater than all of you combined!"

I know that he is right, but I get the feeling that there is help on the way, so I take the plunge. "It may be greater, but we outnumber you. CHARGE!" I hurl a spell at him, made to paralyze. While he does just deflect it, the others fire their own spells.

Sombra, however, charges up his own horn, and sends out a magical shockwave. We are all encased in a form-fitting shield that seems to resist anything we throw at it.

"Tsk tsk, Aurthur. I thought it would be harder than this. Ah well, off to the dungeons you go." At this, he pulls out horn blockers for all us alicorns, and a special set of cuffs for Discord. Placing them on everyone, he hauls us all down into the dungeon. But he takes a detour, pulling us outside onto the balcony to show off to the general populace.

"Behold your mighty rulers! They have fallen, and now nopony can save you!" He gloats for a bit, while I work a bit of magic. You see, because of my experience working with hands to cast, I can use anything to cast spells. So, because he is holding us loosely, I am able to move my wings enough to get a spell ready. The others are simply enraged at how easily they were taken, Cadance especially. But I don't think she is mad about being taken, but rather about how her people are enslaved to the monster.

Sombra finishes gloating to his slaves, and proceeds to place us all in a nice, cozy cell.

The cell is not that bad, I have been in worse. Much worse.

It is a good five meters long, and three meters wide. This allows plenty of space for free movement. The ceiling is quite high, affording quite the clearance between Discord's head and the ceiling. Overall, this is comfortable accommodations. Too bad we didn't come here for the hospitality.

Releasing the spell I had readied on the way down, I fire an orb of Fire energy at Discord's manacles. The others are all surprised at my working of magic, even with a horn-blocker. Discord just seems stunned that I tried to free him first though. Unfortunately, the magic doesn't do enough. The chains started fizzling, but didn't melt as I had hoped they would.

Twilight, surprise surprise, is the first to inquire into my castings. "How are you casting magic without your horn?"

Author's Note:

So, I am going to start requesting that everyone reading comments. Please do it, for my sake. I really want to know what you think of the direction the story is going, what you think is going to happen next, and what you all think of my characterization.

I also combined the first two chapters, as well as changed a couple of words.