• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 623 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 623

The List And Some Welding

Waking up from very restful sleep, I head over to my bag to get some sausages. Eating three of them, I also go over what I need to do. Step one, I need to find the necessary materials to repair the wormhole generator on my ship. While I could use magic to make a large enough portal, I am not certain where this universe is in relation to mine, so it may use a truly enormous amount of power that I might need to draw from the magical plane. I don't want to do that, as drawing on my connection is very physically draining, so I might be able to open the portal, but I may not be able to go through. There is also the minor point of I want to learn the magic discipline here. It is similar to mine, but I want to make sure.

Step two, if I can, I want to learn as much about this world as possible, three sapient species on the same planet is nearly unheard of.

Step three, I will need to leave before they find me, either the sapient species here, or him. I do not want to expose these ponies to that kind of evil.

Satisfied with my list, I ask Alyr if he has found any of the materials I need.

"Yes, but most of them are either in structures that are in use, or in mines that the ponies have made. There are a few deposits scattered over the planet, what I have scanned anyway, but none of them are nearby. Also, under a more intense diagnostic, the plasma thrusters just seem to be warped and melted, nothing is missing, it just needs to be re-welded in to the proper position."

I can do that, plus I could see how this body responds to Elemental Magic, rather than High Magic.

Leaving the confines of the ship, I take a little stroll around the field. Deciding there is no better time than the present, I take a bite of some grass. Bitter, but nourishing. It would take an awful lot of grass to get the amount of stuff I need, but it could be done.

Trotting back to my ship, I take a good look at the plasma thrusters. Located on the rear of the ship, there are only two of them, housed in metal cylinders on either side of the central compartments. I do see that the damage is only superficial, and needs just a little welding and re-forming of the nozzles. Peering deeper, I see that the magnets are fine, seems the nozzles protected them, and their magnetic field.

Calling on my fire power, I push mana into the misshapen nozzles, seeing it melt, I then use solidified mana to form the mold, pushing the molten metal back into place. Once it is in the right shape, I pull the heat out of the metal, causing it to solidify. Once it is solid, I remove my mana mold from it and go do the same process on the other side. When that is finished, I go inside and find the crystals that had fallen out of the wormhole generator earlier. Placing them back in their respective locations on the inside of the rings, and I also remove the damaged energy beam generators.

Pulling all three of them open, I re-attach all the loose wires, remove the melted computer, and place the two that are now repaired back into the ring section. The third, however, is going to take a bit more work. With the melted computer, I can't just reform it, the Allotropic elements in it have come out of Allotropic form, and have mingled with the rest of the material. This could be refined, but I don't have the equipment for it, nor can I get the necessary equipment through my portable generator. I have a device that can make a new one, but it can only refine ores, not this.

Need to find some copper ore, and fluorine and carbon to make Teflon.