• Published 11th Oct 2016
  • 1,251 Views, 18 Comments

The Legion's Rest Incident - Visiden Visidane



A Legion patrol investigates a disturbance within the Barrier Lands' largest tomb complex.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,251

Entry 4

Finally. Finally, we find something from the brigands. Almost wish we didn't.

The Captain nearly slipped on the damn puddle of gore thanks to Deep Gem's dimming, flickering light spell.

By the Prince, what happened to these poor wretches? A body would be horrid enough.

The smell should have clued us in. You can't miss that thick, cloying, metallic stench of day-old blood. That's all we thought it was, at first; a puddle of blood, probably from somepony getting stabbed. The light spell lingered on the glistening solid bits though: thick, ropy strands of flesh, splinters of bone, mashed up entrails. I nearly vomited. It wasn't some sense of dignity that forced me to keep it down. We're dangerously low on food, and I can't afford to waste anything already in my stomach.

The puddle's static. No trails to show that it was dragged there. No prints of anything walking away from it. The way it looked, it's like somepony just dissolved on the spot.

The sight's clearly not helping Cloudsteel. He's got his hooves on his blade at all times and he's snapping alert at every flickering shadow. Moonstone's agreed to increase his shift so Deep Gem can rest up. I swear, if she gabs on about her inane ocean dreams, I'll toss her down a river myself once we're out of here.

I've also noticed that it's getting damp here. The walls are cold and slightly moist. That can't be good for dead bodies. At least that means we're not getting turned around. We might be near some kind of underground spring. Good, we can use refills.