• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,721 Views, 1 Comments

A Night Like No Other - X3n0heart



Twilight takes Rainbow Dash out in the middle of the night to show her something special.

  • ...
2
 1
 1,721

Pictures of Melodies

"Come on, Rainbow Dash, we need to hurry!" Twilight called to her mare friend as she paced back and forth in Rainbow's house as the cyan colored pegasus slowly trotted down the stairs. "For somepony who can be so fast you can be awfully slow sometimes." Twilight added as she watched Rainbow make her way down.

"Can't I just sleep for a few more minutes?" Rainbow yawned as she reached the bottom, covering her mouth with a hoof.

"Not this time. We need to go. I promise this will be a night to remember." Twilight stated as she walked over to her friend and put a hoof around her shoulders.

"If you say so," Rainbow replied as they headed out of her home and took to the skies, Twilight in the lead with Rainbow flying quietly next to her. It was the middle of the night and the full moon that hung high in the sky shown down upon the two pegasi as they flew over Ponyville. There was not a sound around and it was quite peaceful up in the air as a soft snore came from Rainbow before Twilight buffed her lightly with her wing.

"I'm up, I'm up!" Rainbow called out as she looked around then yawned once more. It still surprised Twilight that Rainbow could fly while sleeping and wondered just how many times she has done that during some of her longer flights.

"Only a little bit farther now. This is something I've wanted to share with a very special somepony..." Twilight trailed off as she turned away from Rainbow.

"Twilight," Rainbow started before pausing for a moment to gather her thoughts, "what ever it is that you're going to show me I'm sure I'm going to love it." Twilight looked back over at Rainbow and the smile she had on her face made Twilight blush before Rainbow gave a slight giggle making her face forward again. "Ahhh, don't hide from me. I think it's cute that you can turn even more purple than you already are."

"Oh! We're here," Twilight suddenly said as she started to descend with Rainbow in tow. They were in a slightly hilly area south west of Ponyville where the plains seemed to just go on forever.

"So, what is it that's out here?" Rainbow asked as she took a few steps taking in her new surroundings. Twilight turned and took a few steps and sat down on the cool grass as she faced northward. By my calculations this should be the perfect spot. Twilight thought to herself before looking back over her shoulder at Rainbow.

"Come have a seat," Twilight told Rainbow as she patted the ground next to her. Rainbow trotted over and sat next to her mare friend as Twilight wrapped a wing around her. "It's about to start," she said almost like a filly on Hearth's Warming day waiting to open her first present as she pointed towards the cloudless sky. Rainbow looked upwards and as she did her mouth fell open as countless butterflies seemed to appear out of nowhere as the light of the moon reflected upon their wings making them glow.

"I've never seen anything like this before!" Rainbow exclaimed almost breathlessly as Twilight just agreed with her for she herself also has not bear witness to such an event. Rainbow held Twilight's hoof as she watched with utter splendor as the butterflies floated all around them dancing to an unknown waltz that they seemed to only hear.

"Beautiful!" Twilight commented as they continued to shimmer in the moon light, their wings refracting the light like a prism creating an array of colors which seemed to brighten the night sky. It was a mystery how this event was lost to so many ponies and the wonders it held. Rainbow Dash leaned into Twilight as she tightened her wing around her, holding her close, as they continued to watch together.

They moved flawlessly through the air as if it wasn't even there as they danced with each other the light bouncing from one to the next in a slightly hypnotic way. Rainbow held out a hoof and a couple of them landed upon it the dulled colors crawling upon her skin and brightening the colors of her mane with each flap of their wings before rejoining the others shortly after.

As if on que they started to slowly gather together spinning slightly as each one took it's place in the waltz their wings barely touching the others and before long they formed a giant shimmering ball with the flapping of their wings in perfect unison. Rainbow Dash and Twilight just sat there in awe as they continued to watch this rare event taking place and just when they thought it couldn't get any better they suddenly broke apart showering colorful lights in every direction as if it was raining down upon the ponies.

Red, blue, green, yellow, orange, and purple seemed to cover the entire area as the sky above them turned into a waving sea of rainbows and stars and just as soon as it started everything fell back into place and the area was back to normal just like it was before this wonderful experience took place.

"That, was, awesome!" Rainbow called out as she turned to Twilight her eyes sparkling in the darkness like newborn stars in the sky.

"See? I told you you would love it," Twilight smiled at her mare friend. Rainbow leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss before wrapping her hooves around her giving her a close hug.

"Thank you very much, Twi. This is something I will never forget." Twilight closed her eyes and held her close as a gentle breeze floated by the coolness of the air passing over their coats and through the manes and tails.

"You're very much welcome and neither will I," Twilight replied as they both laid down upon the soft grass and stared off into the perfect starry sky, holding each other in their hooves as the moon continued to shine it's soft light down as if it was peacefully watching over them.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment