• Published 22nd Oct 2016
  • 2,749 Views, 85 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Spectrum War - Time Agent pony



After discovering some mysterious rings the Mane Seven at CHS are propelled into an adventure with some new friends and new foes

  • ...
5
 85
 2,749

Chapter 1

"Run little man."

A disembodied voice mocked, as Ganthet, one of the guardians of the universe, ran for his life across the barren, lifeless surface of the living planet Mogo, who was a green lantern. Green lanterns came in all shapes, sizes and species ranging from humans, animals, aliens and planets.

Ganthet was followed by some different coloured rings, each representing a different aspect of the Emotional Spectrum: Pink for love, Blue for hope, Orange for greed, indigo for compassion, Red for rage, Yellow for fear and a Green for willpower.

"Your rings follow you like obedient servants," the voice continued, "but they cannot save you, old man."

In his hurry to escape the voice, Ganthet lost his footing and collapsed, "Mogo the last green lantern is dead, you stand upon a dead world," the voice carried on, "a fitting location for your demise, don't you think?"

The rings now circled around Ganthet, "your fellow guardians of the universe are nothing but ashes blowing across the cosmos," the voice spoke again, it sounded like death itself.

"I will give you one chance guardian," the voice continued, "give me the last of the rings. Watch me extinguish their light forever. And then you will die..."

Ganthet pulled himself up, "You think you've won?" he asked.

"I do, I have," the voice replied.

Ganthet summoned up all his strength, the rings began to glow with energy, "This day? Perhaps," he responded, "but not forever. I am going somewhere you cannot follow."

Ganthet himself now started to glow with energy, "I go to preserve life in all its forms. that is my victory."

"No! Impossible!" the voice thundered in anger.

"And you will never find me," were Ganthet's last words as he disappeared.


Another time, another place, another universe

Twilight Sparkle looked out window of the school bus as she, her friends and rest of her class neared their destination.

"Isn't this exciting?" asked Pinkie Pie "are you excited, 'cause I'm excited, I've never been so excited!"

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash groaned, "If you call going to a museum exciting."

"What could be better then learning about history?" Twilight asked.

"Everything," Rainbow Dash replied.

"Well, I for one would like see what fashion looked like back in the day," added Rarity.

"Yeah, learning about history can be fun," agreed Sunset Shimmer.

Fluttershy, Applejack and Twilight's dog Spike nodded in agreement, at last the bus arrived at the museum.


Everyone got off the school bus and followed Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna into the museum and split into two groups.

One half of the class going off with Principal Celestia, the girls and others went with Vice Principal Luna.


After walking through hallways filled with cases containing objects from the past, the group came to an exhibition that had opened fairly recently.

"The Justice Society of America exhibit?" Twilight wondered, reading the name above it.

The exhibition, like the other exhibits in the museum, was filled with glass cases only these were filled strange objects and outfits.

"Dedicated to the brave men and women who fought for a better future," read the introduction to the exhibit.

"So these guys were like superheroes or something" Rainbow Dash said, looking at an old golden helmet.

"The Justice Society were more than heroes, you whippersnappers," replied a voice, which belonged to an old man.

"Who are you?" asked Twilight, looking up from a old tin helmet.

"I'm the curator of this exhibition, name's Alan Scott," the old man answered, "I used to be member of the Justice Society back in the day."

"You were a member of the Justice Society?" Sunset asked.

Alan pointed at a costume and an old ring in a display case, "I wore that when I was on active duty back then"

"Well, I must say that costume is jarring mess," Rarity said, "didn't you have coherent colour scheme in mind when you designed this?"

Alan smiled, "I got that... a lot."

"The Justice Society sound a lot like the Power Ponies from my comic books" commented Rainbow Dash.

"I guess you could say that," Alan acknowledged.

"Me and my sister used to read stories about the Justice Society," added Luna, "like how they defeated the villain Per Degaton along with his forces and saved the world."

"I remember that," Alan nodded, "we made the front page on every paper."

"What happened to Justice Society?" Applejack asked, "They must have been on active duty when I was a young'un, how came I never heard about them?"

Alan's eye grow misty, "After a shady encounter with a dangerous villain we were called to appear in a count of law for what we had done. There was only one rule we couldn't agree to."

"What rule was that?" Twilight asked.

"We had to unmask ourselves to the world," Alan replied, "none of us could agree to that, so we disbanded, gave up the whole hero shebang and went our separate ways."

"So you all gave up, just like that?" asked Rainbow Dash, "you were superheroes, you inspired everyone to be heroes,"

"It was ether put those we held dear in danger or go into hiding and disband," Alan replied, "now all these old relics gather dust here and thus the JSA have since faded from the world's memory."

"That's really sad," Fluttershy said, trying to comfort Alan a little.

"That's alright" Alan smiled at Fluttershy, "I took off the ring, I became a family man and I moved on."

"You have kids?" asked Sunset.

"Yeah, Jade and Obsidian," Alan replied, "you should come and meet them sometime."

"We should continue on with the tour," Luna apologised, "Celestia will be wondering where we have got to."

"Oh, well there's always next time," Twilight said.

"Come by anytime," Alan said, with a wave as the group left the exhibition.

The group met up with other half of the class and walked back to the bus.


After School, the girls all walked home from school.

"Can you believe that the JSA quit just like that?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"They had to make a tough decision, Rainbow," replied Twilight, "Imagine if when we got our powers, we had to hide our faces from everyone."

"It would be kinda depressing always living in secret," agreed Sunset.

"But they were heroes," Rainbow Dash insisted, "they filled people with hope and they threw it all away."

"I think that was the right decision to make," Fluttershy said, "they could have been hurt or even seriously injured."

"But still...." argued Rainbow Dash.

Before Rainbow Dash could say another word, a flaming ball of light flow over head and landed in the next street.

"What was that?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know, but I think we should check it out," replied Sunset.

The girls dashed into the street where the thing had landed.

A small crater marked the location of the object, it was still glowing as it was still hot.

"What is it?" Rarity asked, shielding her eyes from the light and heat.

The glowing was slowly subsiding and heat dissipating.

Twilight cautiously approached the crater, "Twilight, be careful," Sunset called.

"What do you see?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It looks like..." Twilight said, as she got closer, the glow finally disappearing, "rings?"

"Rings?" Sunset asked.

"That's all that's here," Twilight replied, picking one of the rings up to show everyone.

Unbeknown to the girl a small flicker of light appeared for a moment inside the ring that Twilight was holding, before disappearing again.