• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 432 Views, 3 Comments

The Backup Friend - Eggtaro



What if there was a club in school that could provide you with a backup friend?

  • ...
 3
 432

Hagelsalz

Miss Cheerilee looked up from the pamphlet she was given, a confused frown steadily forming across her face.

"The Backup Friends Club?" she read aloud, raising her eyebrows at the young male student standing in front of her. "What is this supposed to be?"

"Exactly what the pamphlet states, ma'am." answered the student, his voice firm and confident. "I'd like to start up a new club." he beamed with pride.

"Yes, I can see that." Miss Cheerilee answered, re-reading the contents of the pamphlet. "But what I meant was--- are you really serious about this?"

"Why would you say that?"

"Well, for one thing, starting a club called the Backup Friends Club sounds rather---"

"Amazing?" the student offered.

"No, I was thinking along the lines of---"

"Fantastic?"

"No, no. Definitely not that. I believe the word is---"

"Superb?"

"Sad." Miss Cheerilee said quickly, before he could continue. "It sounds rather sad."

He gasped loudly. Offended by his teacher's comment.

"And why is there a picture with this?" Miss Cheerilee continued, pulling out a second piece of paper from behind the pamphlet which had a printed image of eight children holding hands together.

"Ah." said the student. "Well, I originally wanted to put that image together with the pamphlet, you see. But, unfortunately, I'm not exactly good with computers and I accidentally set them to print on separate pages."

"And is that..." Miss Cheerilee brought the picture closer to her face, squinting her eyes. "Is that a... watermark? Right here in the middle?" she pointed at where the watermark was with her finger.

"Ah." said the student once more. "Yes, well... I found it online, and I would have done something with it to have it removed but... like I said--- not really good with computers. And I was kinda impatiently excited to get this to you as soon as possible."

"Surely there were other pictures that can be used?" Miss Cheerilee asked. "Why this in particular?"

"Because I believe it clearly shows what my club will be all about." the student answered, puffing his chest out proudly. "Unity, support, and friendship. That is what my club stands for."

"I see." Miss Cheerilee said slowly, not entirely following what he meant. "Speaking of which, the name for your club... it still sounds---"

"Ma'am." he started. "I assure you that this club is anything but sad. Have you any idea how desperately this school--- how desperately we, the students, need a club like this?"

Miss Cheerilee shook her head, waiting patiently for her student to continue.

"I come to school and what do I see? Students all alone. Be in the library, the cafeteria or even on the soccer field. There is always a student who is left all alone. Either because they have no friends, or because their friends had abandoned them. Being alone can be sad, ma'am. Very sad indeed. I believe that it is important that we all have a friend with us at all times. Friends that can back you up in times of need. Backup friends."

"While I do agree with you on how all our students should have a friend." Miss Cheerilee said while nodding her head. "I don't really believe that they are alone because they were 'abandoned' by their friends. Have you ever considered maybe they were alone because they want to be alone? Take the library, for example, wouldn't you want to be left alone so you could focus on your studying?"

"Well, yes, but---"

"And I believe you believe that our students are all alone because you have not been here in Canterlot High long enough to see just how united our school really is." she glanced at her student's face, studying his short cropped platinum-coloured hair and his thick red glasses. "You are Hagelsalz, correct?" she asked. "You just transferred here about three days ago?"

Hagelsalz nodded his head.

"Don't you think that three days is a bit too short to start surmising that the students here in CHS are loners?"

"Perhaps." Hagelsalz said. "But that does not change the fact that we all could use a backup friend when our other friends are either gone or unavailable."

"But why be a backup friend?" Miss Cheerilee challenged. "Why not be their friend instead?"

"Why have a copy of something--- let's say a document, when you already have it?"

Miss Cheerilee raised her eyebrow at him. "Because it never hurts to have a backup in case something happens to the original?"

"Exactly, ma'am." Hagelsalz said, snapping his fingers. "True. I can choose to be that student's friend. But if I be that student's backup friend, that student wouldn't need to worry about not having any friends because there is a backup waiting!"

"But---"

"Ma'am." Hagelsalz interrupted. "I know all of this can be very hard to understand now. But why not allow me to show it to you instead of explaining it? Let me start the club, and I'll prove to you how being a backup friend can really help the students here. How it could help everyone."

Miss Cheerilee stayed quiet for a moment. Carefully considering what her student just said. "I'm not really sure about this, Hagelsalz." she said after a while. "While I do encourage my students to start new clubs and create new opportunities to make new friends. This new club suggestion still feels rather... sketchy."

"There is nothing sketchy about this, ma'am." Hagelsalz said stubbornly. "Give me a chance, please. I really want to make a difference in this school. I want to start something new that can not only open the eyes of the students here in CHS, but to also inspire them to do the same."

"But---" started Miss Cheerilee, looking back at pamphlet. "Couldn't you just---"

"Please, ma'am." begged Hagelsalz. "Let me prove it to you. You won't regret it."

Miss Cheerilee sighed. She knew there was no use going on with her student about this. Though she finds Hagelsalz's reasoning about wanting to open this new club rather peculiar. He seemed truly sincere about it. There wasn't anything wrong with wanting to become someone's backup friend, albeit rather strange, and it wasn't as if she has anything to lose just because she's allowing her student to try something different.

"All right." she said, giving in. "I'll allow it." she opened up her desk drawer and pulled out a paper form. "I'll fill in this new club application form for you but I'll still need some further information regarding about your club. How many other members are there with you in the club?" she asked, taking out a pen.

"Just me."

Miss Cheerilee blinked at him. "Sorry, I must had misheard you. How many did you said there were?"

"One." Hagelsalz said, pointing at himself. "Only me so far."

"You can't start a club all by yourself, Hagelsalz!" Miss Cheerilee said, letting go of the pen in her hand. "You need to have at least two members to properly start and run a club!"

"I'd get to that, ma'am. Don't you worry." Hagelsalz said, pounding his chest with his fist. "I'll get started on it the moment you let me start this club."

Miss Cheerilee sighed again. She started to wonder if it was a good idea to go through with this in the first place.

"Two weeks." she said. "You have two weeks to at least find another member for your club or I'm cancelling your application for starting this club."

Hagelsalz watched as Miss Cheerilee did the rest of the paperwork. "Thank you ma'am!" Hagelsalz said when she handed him the paper. "You will not regret this!"

"I think I already am." Miss Cheerilee said quietly as she watched the new student run out the teacher's office. She gave the pamphlet another read. "Ha! There's even a disclaimer at the bottom." she said to herself, staring at the tiny words at the foot of the pamphlet. "He really is taking this seriously."

She had just barely finished reading the minuscule words when she heard the door to the teacher's office opening followed by hurried footsteps.

Hagelsalz came running back towards her desk, panting heavily. He held up his hand towards her, wordlessly telling her to let him catch his breath.

"Sorry, ma'am." he breathed with his hand clutching his side. "I forgot that I only have the one copy of that pamphlet. Mind if I take it back with me?"

Miss Cheerilee nodded her head and passed Hagelsalz the pamphlet. "Not at all." she said. "Why didn't you make more copies?"

"Ran out of paper." Hagelsalz said, scratching the back of his head with an embarrassed grin. "Didn't realise that I only had two pieces left inside the printer."

"Well, if you need some more copies, I suggest you make your way down either to the computer lab or to the library. There are printers there where all students are welcomed to use them; for a small price, of course."

"I'll do that." Hagelsalz said. He carefully folded the pamphlet and placed it inside his jeans pocket. "Thanks, ma'am."

He was about to dash once more for the door when Miss Cheerilee called after him. "Wait! What about your picture?"

Hagelsalz gave the picture with the eight children in it a quick glance. "You hold on to that, ma'am." he said, turning around. "Just in case."

* * * * * *

School had already ended about an hour ago. Yet, as Hagelsalz stepped out the teacher's office, the hallways were still jam-packed with students. He barely knew any of them yet at Canterlot High; he'd only been here for a few days. Joining a bunch of chattering students down the hallway which lead to the exit, Hagelsalz wondered if he should head down to the library or to the computer lab first.

"Hey! Hagelsalz!"

At the call of his name Hagelsalz stopped in his tracks and turned around. One of the students he was walking with collided into his elbow. As the rest of the group squeezed past him, Hagelsalz scanned the area for the person who had called out to him.

"Over here!" Someone was jumping up and down at the opposite side of the hallway, waving at him and beckoning him to come over.

Hagelsalz made his way through the sea of students heading for the exit, making the waving hand his destination. He apologised a few times as he bumped into several students head on.

Two girls were there to greet him when he emerged. One of them--- the one who was previously waving--- had long orange and red hair, like the colours of a burning flame, and light amber skin. Hagelsalz knew her by sight, but couldn't quite remember her name. She smiled at him when he waved hello to them.

"Hey, Hagelsalz." said the girl, giving him a pleasant smile. "Remember me?"

Hagelsalz nodded his head. "I do. You were the one who brought me around school the first day I was here, right?" his brow furrowed as he tried to remember the girl's name. "You're...Sunshine...Simmer?" he guessed.

"Sunset. Sunset Shimmer." said the girl, as her friend beside her giggled. "Close enough, though." Hagelsalz gave her an apologetic grin.

"So what have you been up to?" Sunset asked. "We haven't really talked much since your arrival."

"Been busy settling into my new place; the remainder of my stuff arrived a bit later than expected, so I had been spending the past few days cleaning and re-arranging everything."

"I see. Must be tough, huh? Getting transferred to a new school and all that."

"Not as bad as it sounds." Hagelsalz said casually. "I mean, yeah, it sucks that I have to leave my friends and all, but, it's not like we aren't keeping in touch with each other. Besides, I like making new friends."

Sunset nodded her head. "What about your parents though? Don't you miss them?"

Hagelsalz shook his head. "They've been flying around a lot pretty much ever since the day I was born. You could say I'm already used to it."

Sunset nodded her head understandingly. "Well, if you need anything, I'm always available to help."

"Actually, now that you mention it..." Hagelsalz said. "I could use some directions." he scratched the back of his head, embarrassed by his own forgetfulness. "I just realised that I've forgotten where's where and what's what."

Sunset giggled. "That's fine. I don't really mind showing you around. Where do you wanna go?"

"The library."

"The library?" Sunset repeated. "Well, what a coincidence! Twilight and I were just on our way there!" she pointed at her friend beside her. "I believe the two of you haven't properly met each other?"

"Hello." said Sunset's friend rather timidly, taking a step forward. "My name's Twilight Sparkle." The girl had light mulberry-coloured skin, and sapphire blue hair mixed with streaks of violet and rose, all of which were tied up into a bun. She was also wearing a pair of thick black glasses. For whatever reason he might had, Hagelsalz thought she was rather funny looking.

"Hagelsalz." he replied, extending a hand out to Twilight. "A pleasure to meet you."

As their hands met, a strange tingling sensation surged through Hagelsalz's fingertips as they shook hands. Though it wasn't painful, it felt like he'd just received a shock from a joy buzzer. The sensation didn't last long, however; Before he could even take note of the shock, it went away just as fast as when it arrived.

"Do you guys need to use the printer too?" Hagelsalz asked, ignoring what had happened, withdrawing his hand from Twilight's. "'Cause I sure do."

"Printer?" Sunset and Twilight exchanged confused looks with each other. "No, not really." Sunset replied. "We're heading down to the library 'cause there's this book Twilight needs help finding with."

"The Principles of Quantum Mechanics." Twilight said, adjusting her glasses with a push from her finger. "It's a very rare book; Only a few copies were ever published. Rumour has it that one of those few copies is hidden somewhere in Canterlot High's library; which I find rather surprising, considering the difference between the library here and the one at my previous school, which was much bigger."

Seeing the confused look on Hagelsalz's face, Sunset said "Oh! That's right! Twilight also just recently transferred here to Canterlot High as well."

"I see." Hagelsalz turned his attention to Twilight. "Which school was it?"

"Crystal Prep Academy." said Twilight, adjusting her glasses again.

"Crystal Prep?" Hagelsalz said. "You mean that extremely prestigious and elite school?"

Twilight nodded her head. "You've heard about it?"

"More or less." said Hagelsalz. "I think my teacher talked about it once or twice back at my previous school. Something about how strict the place was and how all the students there are either very intellectual or extremely wealthy or both. Did you transfer out because of your parent's work too?"

"Not exactly." said Twilight, scratching her head. "I guess you could say Crystal Prep Academy wasn't really the school I was meant to be enrolled in."

"Twilight arrived shortly before you did, right after the Friendship Games." said Sunset.

"The Friendship Games?" Hagelsalz raised his eyebrows. "What's that?"

"A sporting event where our school and Crystal Prep meet to compete in a variety of games; The purpose of the Friendship Games is to represent how different schools can come together in sportsmanship. It's also meant to strengthen the relationship between our school and theirs."

"Sounds like a lot of fun."

"You have no idea." Sunset said, grinning at Twilight. They both started giggling together while Hagelsalz just stared at them with a confused look on his face, wondering if he'd missed out on something.

"It's a rather long story." Sunset said, smiling at him. "Shall we go?"

They continued to chat as they made their way towards the library. Which, according to Sunset, was located on the other end of the building. There were lesser students in the area. Those who were still around could be seen either cleaning out their lockers or hanging back to chat with their friends.

"Lucky for us the library stays open until six in the evening." said Sunset, glancing at her wristwatch. "That'll give us...two hours or so to search for the book?"

Twilight nodded her head. "I hope we'll be able to find it."

"Maybe one of the librarians will know." Sunset offered. "With their help I'm sure we'll find that book in no time."

"I'll help too." Hagelsalz pitched in. "I just need a few minutes with the printer and I'll be free to assist you guys." Twilight smiled appreciatively at him.

"Why do you need the printer anyway, Hagelsalz?" asked Sunset. "Is it for schoolwork?"

"No, no. It's for something else entirely." Hagelsalz rummaged through his jeans pockets, searching for his pamphlet. "Speaking of which, allow me to show you guys something..."

He had just pulled out the pamphlet from his pocket when he heard a ringing voice further down the hallway.

"What do you mean you refuse to help me?" said the voice, sounding perplexed. "You cannot just abandon The Great and Powerful---"

"That's enough, Trixie." said another voice with an annoyed tone. "We've had it with you. All this time you'd always treated us like slaves. We're not your slaves, Trixie. We're people. You can't treat us like you own us."

Sunset looked up to see where the arguing was coming from. "That doesn't look pretty." she mumbled softly enough for Hagelsalz and Twilight to hear. She pointed at a group of three students standing right next to what Hagelsalz believed to be the entrance to the library. "Looks like Trixie is having another argument with her friends."

Hagelsalz looked at the group Sunset was pointing at. One of them, a girl with light cornflower blue hair and wearing a blue jacket, had her back facing them. Judging by the expressions the remaining two from the group were making--- they seemed to be really, really upset with the girl.

"That's Trixie." Sunset said to Hagelsalz, noticing who he was looking at. "She's a junior like the rest of us."

Hagelsalz nodded his head but still kept his eyes on Trixie, curious as to how the situation before him would play out. "Should we do something?" he asked.

"I'm not even sure if we should." Sunset said, frowning. "Let's just see what's going on first."

The three of them continued walking down the hallway, but at a much slower pace than before. Twilight shuffled closely behind Hagelsalz and Sunset, poking her head out to peek from behind their backs.

"What are you talking about?" They heard Trixie say. "The Great and Powerful Trixie has never done such a thing to any of you!"

"Never?" said one of Trixie's friends, whose hair was short and dark pink. "Never? What about that time you forced me to help you with your silly stall wagon on my birthday?"

"And what about that time you left us soaking wet in the rain while you stayed dry under my umbrella?" said another girl, her hair long and a greyish yellow. "That umbrella was meant to cover all of us!"

"And don't you dare forget about that time you left us to heave all that heavy equipment after the Battle of the Bands was over. I can't believe you just took off without even staying to help us! We were supposed to do it as a team! Together!"

The two girls stopped for a moment before continuing to rant on; it seemed like they'd been wanting to let it out for years.

"But, girls!" Trixie said with a pleading, almost desperate, voice. "I thought we're friends! And isn't that just exactly what friends should do for one another?"

"Not if it means being treated lesser than a dog, Trixie." the girl with the dark pink hair spat. "We're done, Trixie. I can't believe we were even friends in the first place." The two girls gave Trixie one last, hateful glare before turning around and leaving her standing alone in the hallway.

"N-no! Wait!" Trixie cried out, her hands reaching out towards them. "Come back! I'm sorry for what I did! Really!"

But her two former friends ignored her cries and left her without saying another word. Trixie fell to her knees as she watched them walk away.

"Oh no." Sunset said softly, as Trixie's body started to shake uncontrollably. "That doesn't look good. Come on, guys."

The three of them quickly approached the now sobbing Trixie. Her face drowned in a sea of tears. "D-d-don't go..." she said weakly, choking back sobs.

Sunset and Twilight quickly knelt down beside Trixie. Hagelsalz, stunned and confused, could only look on as Sunset placed a comforting arm around Trixie's trembling shoulder. She looked up, her face sad and wet with tears, before throwing her arms around Sunset.

"There, there." Sunset cooed, gently rubbing Trixie on the back while she sobbed into her chest. "Don't cry, Trixie. We're right here for you."

* * * * * *

Hagelsalz was feeling rather uncomfortable when he sat down next to Trixie, who was sniffling softly beside him. Due to the sudden turn of events, the library was no longer the focus. Instead of printing out the extra copies for his pamphlet like he originally planned to do, he was now further away from the library than he ever could be.

"We'll be right back, Trixie." said Sunset, giving her a reassuring rub on the shoulder. "Twilight and I will be back with something to help calm you down."

They were no longer inside the nearly empty hallways of Canterlot High. Thinking that a change of scenery would help ease Trixie, Sunset had brought them all outside to the school's front steps, which they all had been sitting on for the past several minutes, patiently waiting for Trixie to stop crying.

Hagelsalz stared at his new friends and slowly raised his hand like a student volunteering to answer his teacher's question. "Erm...Sunset?" he said, standing up from his step. "Wouldn't it be better if I went to grab that something instead?"

Sunset silently shook her head at him, and beckoned at him to come closer. "Actually, Hagelsalz." she whispered in his ear. "I was planning more on finding her two friends and try to talk things out with them."

"Talk things out?" Hagelsalz whispered back, glancing behind to see if Trixie was listening. "Why?"

Sunset gave him a grin and pointed at Trixie. "'Cause we're her friend, Hagelsalz." she said. "And that's what friends do for each other."

"Well, I think her other "friends" will most likely disagree with you."

They both turned their heads back to look at Trixie, who was getting gentle pats and rubs from Twilight, before looking back at each other.

"I know the Great and Powerful Trixie may seem like a horrible person at first, but she's really not that bad." Sunset said. "She may need some...er...lessons in friendship making though."

"But what am I supposed to do while you're away?" Hagelsalz asked. "I'm no good when it comes to dealing with sensitive situations!"

"I'm sure you'll think of something, Hagelsalz." Sunset said, slapping him on the back. "Why not take this as an opportunity to make a new friend?"

Before he could protest any further, Sunset had already went over to Trixie. "Just stay here, Trixie." she said, gently grabbing her hand. "Hagelsalz here will keep you company."

Trixie didn't say anything. But she responded with a small nod.

"Take care of her, Hagelsalz." Sunset said, before disappearing back into the school building, with Twilight following closely behind.

The silence that followed after their departure made Hagelsalz tense up almost immediately. He nervously scratched his head, walked up and down the school steps several times, and even tried to whistle a tune. He gave up when none of it helped to calm his nerves.

He sighed and went back to his spot on the steps, right beside Trixie.

"Are you okay?" he asked, staring off into the distance, at the slowly setting sun. "Are you feeling a bit better?"

Trixie didn't say anything. But at least she was no longer crying, Hagelsalz thought to himself, except maybe just the regular sniffle or two.

He was just starting to wonder if he should just sit there and remain quiet when Trixie suddenly spoke.

"Am...am I really...really that terrible?" she asked to no one in particular, her voice weak and trembling slightly. She was hugging her knees, and her head was rested on top of her arms. Hagelsalz rubbed the back of his neck.

"Erm..." He had no idea how to respond.

"I...I just thought that..." her sniffles were becoming more frequent and faster now. "...I just...I just w-wanted to...to..."

Hagelsalz, who realised that another round of sobbing was imminent, started to panic.

"N-n-now, now!" he said quickly, sitting up straight and turning to face Trixie. "T-t-there's no need to c-c-ry!"

"I-I'm s-so sorry..." Trixie whispered into her arms. "I'm so, so sorry..."

Already freaking out and unsure on what he should do next, Hagelsalz stood up and desperately looked around him, as if expecting to find some sort of instruction manual on how to deal with crying girls lying somewhere on the ground. There weren't any to be found, however, so he sat back down. He nervously glanced at Trixie, whose sobs were getting more audible.

"Please..." Trixie whispered softly, hugging her knees even tighter. "Don't leave me."

He did not knew why he did it, but at that moment, it felt to him like it was the right thing to do. Swallowing down his nervousness, Hagelsalz extended his hand and gently placed it on top of Trixie's head. He left his hand there for a moment, asking himself whether or not if it was a good idea to start rubbing her head when he felt movement from underneath his palm.

Trixie raised her head from her arms, staring at Hagelsalz with teary eyes. She tried and failed to fight back a sob before saying. "W-Who are you?"

"Hagelsalz." said Hagelsalz. He started to gently rub the top of Trixie's head. "Sunset asked me to stay here with you, remember?"

"Why...why a-are you rubbing my h-head?" she whimpered.

"I don't know." Hagelsalz replied, continuing to rub. "It just felt like the right thing to do, I guess."

Trixie slowly let go of her knees and sat up straight, wiping her face dry with her jacket's sleeves. "Y-you...you can stop that now." she told Hagelsalz. Her eyes were still moist with tears and her nose and cheeks were flushed with the colour red.

Hagelsalz quickly withdrew his hand from her head. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be lying if I said yes." said Trixie weakly. "I just lost my...my friends."

"Ah." said Hagelsalz awkwardly, scratching his head. "Would you like some more comforting, then?" He did not know what else to say. He was never really good when it comes to dealing with situations like these. It makes him uncomfortable, vulnerable, and useless. All he could offer in return was his hand.

To his surprise, Trixie actually agreed. "I...I would like that." she said, looking at him with wet, hopeful eyes.

For the next several minutes, the both of them just sat there, on the school steps, underneath the disappearing sun. Hagelsalz, with his hand softly rubbing away on Trixie's head, tried to think of a suitable topic to start talking about with her. But he wasn't able to, so he continued stroking Trixie's head in silence.

Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle have yet to return.

"I haven't seen you around before." Trixie said with her eyes closed, looking comfortable. "Are you a freshman?"

"Junior." he said. "I just arrived here three days ago."

"A transfer student?"

"Yup."

"I see." Trixie gave Hagelsalz a small smile. "Welcome to Canterlot High."

"Thanks." Hagelsalz said with a smile of his own. "It's great to be here."

They both stared at the street in front of them, behind a large marble horse statue, watching the cars and busses passing them by. Trixie let out a soft sigh.

"Isn't your hand tired?" she asked him. "You've been at it for quite some time now."

"Not really." Hagelsalz said. "Do you want me to stop?" he asked quickly.

"N-no."

"All right then."

As Hagelsalz returned his attention back on to the street, Trixie suddenly edged closer towards him. He looked at her curiously as their knees bumped into one another.

"D-don't take this wrong way." Trixie said, leaning against Hagelsalz's shoulder. "I-I just don't want your hand to get all tired from comforting me."

Hagelsalz smiled at her. "I won't." It was much easier to stroke her head that way. At least he wouldn't need to stretch too far out just to reach her head. "Are you feeling better now?"

Trixie nodded. "A little."

"A little is better than not at all."

"Maybe." Trixie said. "It still doesn't change the fact that I've just lost my friends."

"I'm sure it will turn out all right." Hagelsalz wasn't really sure at all. But at least it was better than to say nothing at all.

"How can you be sure?" she asked him. "What I did to them is unforgivable. You've heard what they said. I was treating them like slaves! I wasn't treating them like my friends at all!"

Hagelsalz didn't say anything.

"How could I've been so stupid to have not notice it sooner?" she asked herself, her face dejected. "Now look at me! Alone. How can the Great and Powerful Trixie be great and powerful without her friends?" she sighed, and wiped her face with her jacket sleeve. "The Great and Powerful--- Ha! More like the The Pathetic and Friendless Trixie."

"Why don't you try talking to them?" Hagelsalz said. "Apologise?"

"You were there, weren't you? You saw what happened; They wouldn't even listen to me. What makes you think they would want to speak with me?"

"Still worth a shot, wouldn't you think?"

"I..." Trixie fell silent, her head hanging low. "I don't know." she said. "I'm not even sure if I could do it alone."

"Sure you can." encouraged Hagelsalz. "Just ask your other friends to help back you up!"

"I...I don't really have that much friends actually." Trixie said sadly.

Hagelsalz stared at her. "Aren't Sunset and Twilight your friends too?"

Trixie shook her head. "I see them more as rivals instead of friends." she said. "I do treat them the same way they treat me, however; with respect."

"Ah." Hagelsalz said, wondering if Trixie had forgotten who were the two that ran to her side when she was crying. "Well...why don't I go with you, instead?"

Trixie stared at him. "You...you really mean it?"

"Of course I do." Hagelsalz said. "I'll be your back up."

A sudden idea suddenly popped into Hagelsalz's brain. He stood up so fast from where he sat that Trixie jumped.

"In fact, I'll do you one even better."

Pulling out the pamphlet that had been resting in his jeans pocket, Hagelsalz handed it over to Trixie.

"I'll be your backup friend."

Author's Note:

More character tags will be added as the story progresses. :twilightblush:

Got this idea from a colleague at work while talking about how she felt like she was being treated like a backup friend. Also wanted to see if it was still possible for me to type something new. :rainbowkiss:

Thank you for reading the first chapter. I hope you have enjoyed it and please, share with me your thoughts, opinions, or suggestions should you wish to. :twistnerd:

Comments ( 3 )

*cough* The Reject Club..... :raritycry: Great story though! :yay:

A great start love to see more

I hope you update this soon. I want to know what happens next. I'm really interested in this story haha. Keep up the good work!

Login or register to comment