• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 379 Views, 6 Comments

Can I Go Back To My Old Life, Please? - Tropical Beats



Moving? That's not hard! Move into a neighbourhood and go to school. You make friends and have a good life. New beginngings, am I right?

  • ...
 6
 379

Chapter One: Emotional Mishaps

Tropical Beats looked around her bare room. Her walls that were full of posters of soccer players, tennis players, famous swimmers, and big pop artists were now packed away in a box. Her night table that she used to display her trophies and awards were also packed away somewhere in the pool of boxes. Not only that, but most of those boxes weren't even packed! Tropical Beats groaned as she got up and looked at the moving van outside. It was leaving at the crack of dawn, and she had to pack all her stuff away by then! Yea, like that was EVER going to happen. She just kept her eyes glued on the big truck, wishing that it would disappear. But no matter what was happening, she had to face reality. She and her family were moving! That's right, MOVING! Tropical saw her parents set some boxes down within the van. She sighed in frustration. Leaving behind her entire life just seemed purely stupid for her. She made plenty of good friends and memories over the past fifteen years. Leaving all that behind just seemed... silly. She sighed once again as she threw herself on her bed. She was glad that all her friends were coming over, but it would be the last time in ever that she would see them! Tropical faced facts and began to throw all her clothes from her closet on to her bed, the move still being on he mind. It wasn't until the sound of crying reached her ears. Her eyes widened, realizing that the depressing cries were coming from her own sister, Heaven Wings.

Scarlet swiftly made her way through the chaotic mess of items and boxes in the hallway without a sound. She reached the room of her brother and sister and peaked through the semi-opened door. She was surprised to see her younger brother, Thunder Clap, trying to comfort his twin sister, Heaven Wings. The conversation her younger siblings were having nearly made her eyes tear up.

"Heaven, please calm down." Thunder Clap said. "Crying won't make anything better. You have to accept it and move on."

But that didn't stop Heaven Wings at all. "So you're saying that you were able to get up and move on?! You're okay with moving away from all your friends and all the memories you've made over here?! Huh? Is that right, Thunder? You're willing to throw ten years of your life out the window?! Well let me tell you something, I'M NOT READY!" Heaven Wings turned her back on her brother and continued to cry.

Thunder Clap sighed and rested his hand on her shoulder. "I don't want to go, Heaven. Nobody wants to. Tropical began to block the two of us out, and mom and dad began to talk to themselves more than usual. But we actually need this. I don't want to loose my friends. I don't want to forget this place, but it will always have a special place in my heart. You've got to understand that. Mom and dad were able to get over it. Tropical just recently accepted it. And now... Now we have to accept it."

Heaven looked up to her brother. "I want to know how Scarlet can accept it. She spent all her life here in Hiddenville. She became who she is today here. She's stayed with her friends for eight years. She can't just let it go!" Heaven quickly got up from her chair and turned to her brother. "I don't want to leave Sweet Cider and Twinkle Light behind. The three of us are a trio, and I'm sure that you can't leave behind Ocean Tide either. And if you can leave her behind just like that, then I honestly don't know who you are!"

Thunder blinked, clearly dumbfounded. He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. He just didn't know how to reply. He just stared at his sister for what seemed to be ever. Tropical was looking at the intense staring competition the two shared. She knew how Thunder felt, and she knew of Heaven felt. She wanted to so badly know what the twins would do, but Heaven only turned her back on her brother, breaking eye-contact. She flipped her hair and stormed out of room, not even acknowledging the fact that her older sister saw everything!

Thunder just stared while her figure got smaller and smaller she she walked farther away. It wasn't until she was out of sight that he came back to his senses and called after her. "Heaven! Heaven, please! Wait!" He shouted as she ran out the room, only to bump into Tropical. His eyes widened as he just stared at her. "Ooooh... Uhm... Hey, Trops..!" He awkwardly said.

Tropical let a small smile form on her face. "First of all, never call me 'Trops' ever again." She said, earning a chuckle from her younger brother. After he was done, her smile turned into one of concern. "And don't worry, Champ. I heard everything. No need to explain. I understand where Heaven is coming from, and where you're coming from too."

Thunder Clap let out a relaxed sigh. "Thanks, sis."

Scarlet nodded in reply. "You done with the packing?"

"Nearly." Thunder replied.

"Phew, good!" Scarlet said with a sigh of relief. "Mind helping me so that I'll get more time to spend with my friends when they come over. It doesn't matter if we don't finish. They'll help me. You can go on and hang with Ocean Tide."

Thunder Clap smiled, but then it faded. "What about Heaven?"

Scarlet let out a faint sigh. "Don't worry. When we move, it will take some time to get used to everything, but then we'll soon have to get used to it." She said with a wink.

Both siblings walked side-by-side to Scarlet's room and began packing.

Author's Note:

Also, I just wanted to write my feelings about how hard it was to move three years ago...:fluttershysad:
Nothing that should be a major part of me on this website.:pinkiecrazy:
Bai!:duck: