• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 611 Views, 0 Comments

Story of Diane Pie: Family Ties - Middle Ground



Now Diane faces the biggest challenge ever: Re-uniting her 'real' family.

  • ...
 0
 611

Chapter 7 - Never Separated

It is now the early morning of my last day with my family. I woke up early to pack up my bags, fixed up my mane and tail, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and then went downstairs to see everypony enjoying breakfast. Mom made some pancakes and Dad made some toast with butter and my sisters were sitting at the table with the plates and silverware ready to be used.

"Good morning...!" I said walking into the room with the sweet smell of pancakes filling my nose.

"Good morning." Maud was petting her pet rock, Boulder.

"Good morning, Diane...." Marble was still knitting whatever she started.

"Did you sleep well?" Limestone was looking through a book with pictures of rocks.

"I did. I've already packed up my stuff and I'm ready to go at any time." That way I can spend more time with them before I leave for Manehatten at 12:30 pm. It will be good to see Miss Jubilee and the others again. And I want to go back to working at the bakery/café again.

"That's good. It should give Pinkie enough time to-" Just before Mom could finish, the front door slammed open without warning.

"GOOD MORNING!!! I'M BACK!!!" It was Pinkie Pie and this time we were expecting her to arrive this morning. Speak her name and she'll appear.

"Good morning, Pinkie. Did you take care of whatever it is you were busy with?"

"Yes, Dad...! And I got it all set up at the barn! I know you'll all love it!" We all looked at Pinkie in confusion. After we ate breakfast we followed Pinkie to the barn and it was filled with balloons, streamers, cakes, and other party stuff.

"Ta-dah!!! A little party before Diane goes back to Manehatten! Do you like it?!" Pinkie then stood underneath a pink banner that said, 'Come Back Soon, Diane!'. This...feels familiar.

"This reminds of that party you made for us when you were young. A nice send off." We walked inside and music began playing from a stereo. Confetti then got shot out of a tiny cannon. Maud was right. This is exactly like the party Pinkie made when she first got her Cutie Mark. We began enjoying the party and it was great. The cupcakes Pinkie brought tasted great even though we just finished breakfast. As the others began enjoying the party, Pinkie and I sat near the entrance.

"Hey Diane...! Are you enjoying the party?" Pinkie was eating a plate full of cupcakes. That is a lot of sugar to eat.

"Yes, I am. Thank you." I then sat beside Pinkie with my cup of punch.

"I'm glad you like it! I didn't know whether to bring cherry frosting or chocolate frosting. So I brought a little of both!"

"I noticed. They all tasted great. You and Tough Love would get along well. She makes cakes and stuff too."

"That's right...! You work at a bakery! I'm so jealous!"

"Pinkie, you work at a bakery...."

"Oh, right." We continued to talk about stuff. It has been a crazy week. And I've seen so much. I can't wait to tell everypony in Manehatten about my week. We continued to enjoy the party until it was 11:32 am. It was nearly time for me to head back home. The party came to an end, I grabbed my packed bags, and we then got to the train station.

"It was great having you stay with us, Diane." Dad paid for my ticket back to Manehatten.

"Thank you for having me. I'll be sure to visit again soon."

"Don't be a stranger." Maud and the girls were all hugging me again.

"If you're ever in trouble, be sure to write. We'll come as soon as we can." Limestone was squeezing me.

"Take care of yourself, Diane...." Marble then began prying off Limestone. The passengers then finished leaving the train while new passengers began boarding it.

"C'mon Diane...! It's almost time to go!" Pinkie was going to join me on my trip back to the city.

"ALL ABOARD! ALL ABOARD!" With the conductor's call, the train made it's loud toot. I quickly got on the train with Pinkie and I waved everypony goodbye.

"Be safe...!" With Mom's farewell, they all waved goodbye. The train then began to depart for Manehatten. The train left the rock farm while Pinkie and I took our seats.

"So Dian, did you have fun? or did you have lots of fun?!"

"Yes, I did. It was the most fun I've ever had. Though, I wish you would let me know before you suddenly drag me somewhere...." Pinkie giggled. As the train made it's way to the city, I look out at the landscapes with a sad expression on my face being reflected in the glass.

"What's wrong, Diane...? Feeling home-sick already?"

"No, it's not that.... I feel like so much could have been avoided if I had just tried to talk to you instead of...running away. We could have been friends and I could have been with my family...so much sooner." Pinkie then hugged me.

"It's alright, Diane. If you hadn't, you could never have met with any of the ponies you know today. You've done so much by your self. And we became sisters and friends...! That's the best thing ever! I have another sister!"

"Pinkie, I'm you...."

"No, you're you! And you're one of my sisters too!" Pinkie is as positive as ever. She continues to hug me tightly.

I then sighed, "Alright Pinkie, you win." There is no arguing with Pinkie. Had it not been for her, Luna, and Miss Jubilee, I wouldn't be here and have two families right now. After a little riding, the train finally made it's way back to the city. We then got off the train to see Bitter Sweet waiting for us at the station.

"Doctor Sweet...! You're here to pick me up?!" I didn't expect him to do so.

"Glad to have you home, Diane. And this is...Pinkie Pie, yes?" Bitter walked up to us and levitated my bags onto his back.

"Nice to meet you...! Thank you for taking care of Diane! You seem to be a nice pony! Do you like punch or chocolate milk?!" Pinkie then left Bitter completely speech-less. Suddenly, the train began to sound it's departure.

"ALL ABOARD! ALL ABOARD!" I guess the trains are on double time.

"Oh no...! I have to go now?! Uh...Diane, you take care of yourself! If you need anything, just call me! Bye!" Pinkie then quickly got back on the train and the train then left. Pinkie waved goodbye as the train left the station. Bitter and I were both left speech-less.

Bitter than cleared his throat, "She is certainly...interesting, isn't she?"

I giggled, "Yes, she is." We then made our way out of the train station. The sight and sounds of the city felt welcoming.

"Everypony will be happy to see you back. Day and Charm have been crying their eyes out. It took both Miss Jubilee and Tough Love to pry them off my legs to pick you up." I can only imagine. I've missed them all too.

"I better be prepared for more hugs." We made our way back on the street our home was. I have done so much in my very little life. I want to do so much more in the near future. I have two families in this world and I know in my heart that I will never be separated from them. As of now, I have never been happier to be alive.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment