• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 611 Views, 0 Comments

Story of Diane Pie: Family Ties - Middle Ground



Now Diane faces the biggest challenge ever: Re-uniting her 'real' family.

  • ...
 0
 611

Chapter 5 - Pinkie Pie

It's yet another morning and this time I woke up early. I had straightened my mane and tail, made my way to the and see Dad making coffee. Mom was making breakfast.

"Oh, good morning. I hope we didn't wake you." Dad then poured himself a cup and added creamer.

"No, I just woke up. I was going to make us some coffee, but it looks like you beat me to it." I sat down with them. It was 6: 22 am. It was still very early. We then saw Limestone and Maud walk into the room.

Limestone yawned, "Good morning...." She sat down with me.

"Good morning." Maud then poured herself some coffee.

"So...what are your plans fo-" Suddenly, the sound of the door slammed open.

"GOOD MORNING!!!" We all saw Pinkie Pie burst into the house carrying her pet alligator, Gummy, on her back and a basket of cupcakes in her left hoof. Dad spat his coffee in shock, and Mom sent one of the pancakes flying at Limestone's head. Limestone screamed from the heat and I quickly removed it. Maud was completely unfazed and she sat down with her coffee.

"I came to visit...! And I brought Gummy with me!" She came into the kitchen with her cupcakes and had a big smile on her face.

Dad re-composed himself, "Pinkie, please let us know before you make such a loud visit. We're not as young as we used to be."

"You nearly gave me a heart attack...." Mom took a number of deep breaths from the shock.

"I got burned...!" Limestone's face was red. I'm not sure if it was from anger or from the hot pancake.

"Sorry, but I wanted to spend more time with everypony! How are you all?! Where is Marble?1 Is she still sleeping?!" Sigh...Pinkie sure is excited. Even this early in the morning. As an apology for the outburst, she finished making breakfast for us and even included the cupcakes she brought. She told us about a lot of things that happened. Her friend named Starlight Glimmer defeated the Queen of the Changelings, Chrysalis. I don't really know anything about Changelings, except they eat...love? I'm not sure how they do that. Still, this Starlight Glimmer must be amazing. Marble then joined us and Pinkie hugged her tight like always. I'm surprised that she's not squeezing me this time. We finished our breakfast and Pinkie cleaned up.

"Oh yeah, Diane...! You want to go and have fun today?! You and me can go and visit some places! Just us two!" She got up to my face suddenly.

"Um...uh...."

"Alright then, let's go!" She then grabbed onto me and we then left the house in no time at all.

"Pinkie...WAIT A MINUTE!!!" Limestone was trying to catch Pinkie as she carried me out of the house, but she couldn't keep up at all.

"Wait...wait what?! Hey...!" I was too slow to say anything. Somehow, in no time at all, we were in Canterlot. For the life of me, I can never keep up with this other side of me...!

"Okie dokie lokie! Let's go look at the sights!" We looked at the kingdom and all of the stores and shops weren't open yet.

"Um...is everypony still sleeping?"

"Pinkie...it's still 7 am! Businesses usually open around 8 am! We have an hour before anything happens!" She runs a business. So she should know this....

"Oh...! You're right!" UGH...! This pony...is IMPOSSIBLE! I began scratching my head trying to figure her out. She visits with a loud announcement, she drags me across Equestria against my will, and now I'm in Rainbow Falls. ...wait...WHAT?!

"We're here...!" We were standing at the center of the colorful town.

"You...! How...?! When...?!"

"I got us here while you were scratching your head. Do you need to brush it? I brought my lucky brush with me. She gave me her mane/tail brush...from out of her mane. What is going on??? I think my head is spinning....

"Let's go have fun...! You need to see this!" She then pulls me away from the town square and took me to a tall hill that overlooked the landscape. Honestly, I give up. I just can't wrap my mind around Pinkie Pie. She's moving so fast that I don't think any pony could keep up with her.

"So...what are looking at?" I looked down at the landscape and I didn't see anything sticking out. There were some trees and rivers, and that's really it.

"Look...! The sun is rising!" I looked at the sun and saw many colors shining in the light. It was beautiful.

"The rainbows that flow from the falls shines brightly when the sun rises. It's really pretty...!" It really is pretty. Almost like the colors were all dancing.

"Oh...look! The Pegasi...!" Pinkie pointed at the sky and many Pegasi began flying amongst the colors that illuminated the sky. The shadows they all casted made it look like we were inside a kaleidoscope. It was...amazing.

"I read that the Pegasi who live here gather the colors the rainbows make in the light and send it to the Cloudsdale Weather Factory so they can make rainbows in the sky. The rainbows in the falls are mostly water, and the colors fade after a few minutes. That's so cool...!" That...is pretty cool. I always wondered how the rainbows mix with the rivers without any weird affects.

"C'mon...! Let's go...!" Pinkie then grabbed hold of me and began rushing off again.

"Pinkie...wai-" I was too slow...again, and now we're this big place full of games. It was flashy, and there were ponies having all kinds of fun.

"Welcome to Las Pegasus! Let's have some fun, Diane!" I then get dragged into all these games. We played all kinds of games: Dancing games, disk games, whack-a-mole games, crane games, and even they even had karaoke. I was so tired that I NEEDED a break. We both sat down to enjoy some lunch because now it's 1pm. And despite everything we did, Pinkie is still full of energy. How is that even possible...? I ate my carrot dog, hoping Pinkie would slow down a little bit so I can catch up to her.

"Oh yeah, I heard the FlimFlam Brothers are running this place and everypony are having even more fun now! This place is lots of fun!" I'm glad she's having fun. I' like to have fun too if my hooves weren't hurting so much.... She then finished her carrot dog and got bounced next to me. Oh no.... Not again...!

"Let's go...!" She happily grabbed me and we were suddenly in Apploosa. How....does she do that?! All the ponies and buffalos were enjoying their days like always and we began touring the town. I have been here enough times to know this place in and out. We enjoyed watching a few buffalo races, we had a cider, and we even went to the saloon. Pinkie wanted to dance with the dancing mares, but every pony and buffalo in the saloon insisted she sit this song and dance out. When I asked them why, they withheld their tongues. Either way, we did enjoy ourselves. Afterwards, we sat down and took a break. Thank Princess Luna, because I am really tired. As I enjoyed a piece of apple pie, I then noticed a sad expression on Pinkie's face. I've only seen Pinkie with a sad face only a few times, and that means something must be very wrong.

"Pinkie, is something troubling you...?" I know it's obvious, but Pinkie is pretty easy to read. She didn't answer me at first. She then gave a deep sigh.

"Diane, am I bothering you?" She seriously asked me that question dragging me all over Equestria? As annoyed as I was, I decided to withheld ~my~ tongue.

"Why would you think that Pinkie?"

"Well...um...I have been thinking lately about some things. Like, if I'm being annoying to other ponies. I have noticed that I don't really think about the stuff I do and I might be doing something bad. I never seem to notice until later and...well...maybe I'm doing something wrong." This surprised me to know that even Pinkie has doubts about herself. I can't believe I have been thinking about how 'perfect' she is when she has thoughts like these. Honestly, I felt bad about that. Maybe I can help her.

"Pinkie, do you want to talk about it...?" Pinkie nodded and she has began telling me about these moments she gets. She told me about the time she made her friend, Fluttershy, cry over her singing voice. Or the time she was trying to make a grumpy donkey named Cranky happy. Or the time she sang and danced in Apploosa and it started a war between the ponies and buffalo. It all makes sense now.... She tells me everything worked out in the end, but even after all of that, there are other times where she's still the cause of the problem. She then stopped talking and gave a deep sigh. She was looking kind of pale to me.

"Pinkie, are you alright...?" She was starting to worry me. I think her light-pink coat was going dark a little.

"I'm sorry for talking so much.... I never know when to just....stop." I then noticed her puffy mane and tail both began deflating. This was definitely not good. I began to panic, trying to come up with something good to say about her.

"No...! You should never stop being you! You should keep doing what you do! You make ponies happy all the time! They all like your parties, and they like hearing you sing, and they-!" I was beginning to run out of things to say to cheer her up, but I then noticed her perking up a little. I was still trying to think about what to tell her to make her feel better, but I got nothing left. But then something came to me and...this was surprising to even myself.

"Pinkie, you might not have realized, but if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even be here right now. I wouldn't have met Miss Jubilee and her family, I wouldn't have made friends with Princess Luna, I wouldn't even be spending time with your family at all. I wouldn't even exist. I guess...I should thank you." After all that said, Pinkie suddenly perked up and started hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, Diane...! I feel so much better now!" I felt like I was getting squeezed by an anaconda....

"I hope we can be the best of friends and sisters...! Let's go!" Suddenly, we found ourselves back in Canterlot and this time everything was open. At this point, I just went with it. We toured the kingdom and it was as active as always. We had fun looking through some of the clothing stores and jewelry stores. We even visited Rarity's Boutique and the dresses were very pretty. Rarity must be very talented to make such nice dresses. And Miss Sassy Saddles was very nice. We didn't buy any dresses, but we had fun playing dress up. Even Miss Saddles had fun. Afterwards, I noticed that it was starting to get late. It was 6:42 pm already and I was really tired. Pinkie still had energy to spare, even after everything that happened today.

"Today was so much fun...! We should do this more often!" I began to tremble in fear at the thought.

"Uh...Pinkie, I think that's enough for today. Maybe we should head home now. We don't want to worry our family." We did just run out at random.

"Oh, ok...! Let's go home!" She then grabbed me again and in no time at all....again, we were back home at the front porch. I've gotten used to this by now. At least it saved us some time. We then opened the door and both Limestone and Maud dove at us.

"Pinkie! Diane! Are you two alright?!" Limestone began examining us for anything bad.

"Don't ever do that again." Maud held us both tight. I seem to get enough of these hugs....

"Yes, we're fine. We were just on a field trip." I began trying to pry Maud off me. We then see Mom, Dad, and Marble walk outside.

"Pinkie, you had us worried...! Running off without warning!" Mom then held onto Pinkie out of relief.

"Sorry...! I wanted to spend some time with Diane so much, I got a little too excited." That is the biggest understatement I've ever heard of.

"Please let us know before you visit so suddenly. Our hearts can't take another da like this...." Dad seemed very relieved to see us home safe and sound.

"Did you...have fun?" Marble also seemed relieved.

"Yep...! It was lots of fun!" I nodded in agreement, though it was incredibly random....

"Let's go inside. Mom has dinner ready." We all followed Maud inside the house and began enjoying dinner. At the end of the day, I got to know Pinkie little more.