• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 923 Views, 10 Comments

The Mane Event - BlakFyre



Pinkie and her friends decide to join the wonderful world of professional wrestling. They soon find out that fame and grandeur of being a wrestler isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

  • ...
 10
 923

The Big Apple in Ponyville

The rest of the event was full of entertaining moments and matches. After the opening contest, there were several more matches that took place. Horseshoe Henry defeated Phoenix Flower in a Submission Match after Phoenix tapped out to the inverted sharpshooter. Cactus Colt defeated El Semental, Dashing Daniel, and The Flightless Wonder in a Fatal 4-Way Falls Count Anywhere Match when he pinned Dashing Daniel after he hit him with his finisher: Colt 45 (which was a double arm DDT) on the ring apron. The match itself had a lot of other spectacular moments: El Semental did a phoenix splash to all three opponents while they were standing outside the ring, Dashing Daniel dropkicked The Flightless Wonder over the barricade and then performed a running swanton bomb over the barricade and onto The Flightless Wonder, and The Flightless Wonder tried to superplex El Semental but Dashing Daniel got on the middle rope and put him on his shoulders in an electric chair drop position, so Cactus Colt got Dashing Daniel on his shoulders in a powerbomb position and powerbombed Daniel while he still had The Flightless Wonder on his shoulders, causing all four stallions to hit the mat with monsterous force. The tag match between The Alpha Mares and The Baltimare Beauties was good (even though it was very one sided). The Beauties stopped every so often to do things like check to make sure they didn't chip a horseshoe and fix their mane. They even stopped when the match first started to re-apply their makeup. The Alpha Mares, on the other hand, were all business once they stepped into the ring. They dominated The Beauties the entire time practically. There were some moments when The Beauties got in some offense, but it was short-lived. The Alpha Mares decimated The Baltimare Beauties for 8 minutes. One could tell that they had a habit of dragging out matches for the fun it when they knew they were gonna win. They were easily the best female tag team that EWA had to offer. But with all those matches over with it was time for the mane event. The one match that the fans had been anticipating, and the Mane 6 were dreading, was almost upon them. Even though they had faith in Big Mac's abilities, they couldn't shake the feeling that they already knew how this was gonna end: Badly. Applejack decided to go and talk to Big Mac before his match and try to give him some kind of encouragement. Granted she was still gonna chew him out, she couldn't help but feel that there was a deeper meaning behind Big Mac's actions. And she was determined to get to the bottom of it. She trotted over to his dressing room and knocked on the door. She heard his gruft voice tell her to come in so she entered the room. Big Mac was still putting on his wrestling gear when she came in.

"What the hell were ya'll thinkin, lettin yer mouth get yer flank in trouble!" Applejack yelled at him.

Deep down, Big Mac knew that Applejack was worried about him (even though she had a funny way of showing it).

"While Ah appreciate yer concern Applejack, ah can handle this." Big Mac responded. "Ah know exactly what ah've gotten mahself into."

"Do ya?" She asked angrily. "Cuz ah'm wondering since ya went and did this without properly thinking it over first."

"Applejack, ya don't understand." Big Mac spoke as he got up and placed his hooves on Applejack's shoulders gently. "Ah have to do this. He didn't just insult me. He insulted you. He insulted our family. And worst of all, he insulted Cheerilie. Ah'll be damned if ah let em get away with disrespecting mah family or the mare ah care about. Ah figured you of all of ponies would understand that." He finished.

"Disrespectin the family? What're ya talkin about?" Applejack asked out of confusion.

"Ya seriously didn't hear him say all that stuff about us being yer farmhooves and you ownin everything in Sweet Apple Acres?" Big Mac asked incredulously.

"Oh. Ya meant that stuff." Applejack finally caught on. "Why'd ya get so mad at what he said if ya know it ain't true? Ah mean, just cuz ah do the more financial stuff that helps keep Sweet Apple Acres afloat, don't mean that ah own the place and everything in it. The whole family owns the farm. Only reason it's under my name is cuz due to legal business, the farm can only be listed under one pony. So don't think that ah'm the only one runnin the farm. You, Applebloom, and Granny Smith play just as big a part as ah do. Hell, yer the one who taught me how to buck apple trees in the first place. Ah won't know half the stuff ah know now about apple buckin if it wasn't fer you."

Big Mac looked at the floor and sighed heavily. "Yer right Applejack. Yer right about everything."

"Now ah want'cha to tell me the truth. What's the real reason ya want to fight Stud Muffin?" Applejack asked him softly.

Big Mac looked at the floor again for a few minutes before closing his eyes and answering Applejack's question. "Ah'm doin it......" He paused for a while.

"Ah'm listenin." Applejack spoke.

"Ah'm doin it........." He paused again, mentally questioning if he should just tell her or not. After a long sigh, he continued. "Ah'm doin it........... fer Cheerilie." He finally said.

"Why are ya doin it fer her." Applejack pryed.

"Cuz ah care about her. And ah don't wanna see her fall into the arms of that arrogant jackass. He'll never love her truly. He'll just add her to the list of mares he's made love to. But ah can't let that happen! Ah won't let her become just another notch in his belt! Ah'd never forgive mahself if ah did." He answered boldly.

"But yer not just doin this to protect Cheerilie are ya?" Applejack questioned.

"Nope." Big Mac dejected.

"Yer doin this in hopes that she'll love ya back, aren't ya?" Applejack persisted.

"Yup." Big Mac confirmed glumly. "Ah figured if ah can work up the confidence to accept Stud Muffin's challenge and beat em, then ah'd have that same confidence to tell Cheerilie how ah feel about her."

The two stood in silence for a little bit and stared at each other awkwardly until Applejack finally broke the silence.

"Well, ah guess it's not mah place to tell ya how to go about tellin somepony how ya feel about em." Applejack reasoned. "But ah do want ya to keep in mind that this may not work out as ya planned. There's no guarantee that Cheerilie will open up to ya if ya beat Stud Muffin. But there's also no guarantee that she'll reject yer feelins. The point is that it's yer decision. Do ya really want to go through with this knowing that Cheerilie may or may not love ya back afterwards or would ya rather just walk away from this and tell her how ya feel outright? Cuz like ah said: This is YOUR decision. Ah can't make it for ya." Applejack elucidated.

Big Mac looked at himself for minute, contemplating his answer. He didn't have to go through with it. But part of him wanted to so that he could truly prove his love for Cheerilie by fighting for her. Plus he still wanted to put Stud Muffin in his place for trying to toy with Cheerilie's emotions, as well as the emotions of the other mares in attendance. Somepony had to teach this stallion a lesson. And Big Mac felt that he was the only one who could do it.

"If anypony has the ability to shut that stallion up, its me." Big Mac replied with an air of confidence.

"Alright, if that's what'cha want." Applejack accepted his answer. "Just do one thing fer me."

"What?" Big Mac asked.

Applejack then pulled him into a tight hug unexpectedly. "Try not get hurt. Don't know what ah'd do if ya got injured."

Big Mac, though caught off guard by this sentiment, smiled and returned the hug nonetheless. "Ya know ya worry too much. Ah'll be fine."



The stage was set. The fans were still hanging onto the edge of their seats. They could no longer bear the tension of having to wait for Big Mac and Stud Muffin's match. And they let it be known by chanting "Mane Event" loudly. The Mane 6 were still very anxious by this point. It was only a matter of time before the moment of truth. After 10 minutes of waiting, the lights went out, plunging the area into complete darkness. The crowd started clamoring, confused as to why the lights suddenly went out. But their confusion didn't last for long. The sound of a trumpet being played softly could be heard. It then played into a loud note, which caused a random spotlight to shine on the center of the stage. Stud Muffin could be seen standing there, flexing his muscles for the fans. The trumpet was accompanied by a deep-sounding drum. The theme was none other thanhttps://youtu.be/I3Pbj5ah3uY. Some of the fans began bowing for Stud Muffin as he made his way down the ramp. Others cheered and whistled as he made his entrance. Pinkie and Rainbow, in particular, were louder than any of the other fans. Rainbow shouted to him: "You can have me any time you want. I'm free whenever." Pinkie added: "Drop by Sugarcube Corner. We can have a PRIVATE party together." The others just rolled their eyes at Rainbow and Pinkie's outbursts. He trotted over to a random mare in the audience and allowed her to feel his muscles. She cooed and giggled while Stud Muffin gave her a sly smile. He then went over to where the Mane 6 were seated and stopped in front of them. He blew a kiss at Pinkie and Rainbow. Pinkie fainted into Rainbow's arms while Rainbow stared at him, blushing with a goofy smile on her face. He turned his attention to Applejack and spoke to her.

"You must be Big Mac's sister Applejack." He figured.

"And what if ah am?" Was her response. She narrowed her eyes at him while folding her hooves in front of her chest.

"I want you to give this to him after our match." He said while reaching behind himself to retrieve something. He pulled out a brown paper bag with a sad, crying face drawn on it. "Think of it as a gift from me."

"And why in the name of Celestia would I need to give this to em fer?" She asked suspiciously.

"I just figured that he'd need it for when he takes the walk of shame after our match when I'm done making an example of him." He replied arrogantly. He then turned towards the ring and slide under the bottom rope into the ring.

"Ah know ah told Big Mac that ah wouldn't get involved. But ah don't think that he'd object if ah roughed this stallion up some before his match." She said as she attempted to climb over the barricade.

Before she got halfway over it though, Twilight put a hoof on her arm which caused her stop.

"If you do that, then you'd be no better than he is." Twilight said.

Applejack slowly got off the barricade and sat back down in her seat. "Yer right Twilight. Ah'll just let Big Mac handle em." She grumbled.

Pinkie and Rainbow began arguing over which of them Stud Muffin blew the kiss to.

"That kiss was for me." Rainbow stated.

"Don't be such a silly pants. It was aimed in my direction!" Pinkie shot back.

"As if." Rainbow scoffed. "Besides, Stud Muffin probably wants to get with a mare who has EXPERIENCE. Like me. When was the last time YOU got laid by a stallion? Mine was last week with Thunder Lane. When was yours?"

Pinkie didn't answer the question. She just looked away from Rainbow while blushing furiously.

"That's what I thought. You've never popped your cherry have you?" Rainbow asked slyly.

"So. Just cause I know how to keep MY tail down doesn't make me inferior to you!" Pinkie spat.

Now it was Rainbow's turn to blush. She would never admit that Pinkie had a point. But that still didn't stop her from trying to one-up Pinkie.

"You're just jealous cause I've gotten lucky before." Rainbow heatedly responded.

Rarity had grown tired of their bickering and decided to put an end to it. "Honestly you two!" She exasperated. "Do you really have to act so childish? Falling for an ego-driven ruffian like a couple of love-sick puppies. You two should really be ashamed of yourselves for the way you're acting; You and all the other mares in attendance. You don't see myself, Twilight, Fluttershy, or Applejack swooning over him. You all should really compose yourselves."

Rainbow and Pinkie looked at each other sorrowfully and lowered their heads. "We're sorry." They said in unison.

Fluttershy (who had been quiet up this point) spoke up. "Gosh. I never knew wrestling events could be so intense."

"You and me both Fluttershy." Twilight added.



After 5 minutes of wait time, Big Mac nervously stepped onto the ramp. Even though he wanted to do this, he still felt very nervous appearing before everypony he knew in an odd choice of wardrobe. He came out sporting white wrist tape, green trunks with his cutiemark displayed on the back, green knee pads, and white boots. For the first time tonight, the crowd was completely silent (save for a few whispered comments and the occasional cough). At one point, a random pony yelled out: "Looking good Big Mac." Big Mac blushed slightly at that comment. He couldn't tell if it was a compliment or an insult. As he slowly dragged himself to the ring, his sister Applejack and her friends started cheering and encouraging him.

"Go Big Mac! Show em what we apples are all about!" Applejack shouted.

"You can do it darling!" Rairty chimed in.

"Yay. Take him down." Fluttershy quietly cheered.

"Just believe in youself." Twilight encouraged.

"Try not to get too mangled out there." Rainbow said, which was met with disapproving glares from the others.

"Yeah. And don't let him twist you into a pretzel. Even though pretzels are really, really good." Pinkie added. The others continued to glare at Rainbow and Pinkie. They both just smiled at them nervously.

Big Mac entered the ring and got into his corner. The referee patted him down to make sure he wasn't concealing any weapons. He did the same to Stud Muffin shortly after. He then motioned for both competitors to join him in the center of the ring. There he explained the rules: It was a one-fall match, meaning the first one to score a pin or submission would be the victor. There was no time limit. Disqualifications and count-outs were in play in this match.

The ref then asked if both competitors wanted to shake hooves. Stud Muffin extended his hoof to Big Mac graciously. Big Mac just stared at Stud Muffin's hoof with suspicion. He wasn't sure if Stud Muffin was doing this in earnest or as a trick. And the smile on Stud Muffin's face made it even harder for Big Mac to tell. So Big Mac slowly extended his own hoof to Stud Muffin's, not sure if he should trust him or not. They shook hooves and separated from each other. The timekeeper rang the bell to begin the match. Stud Muffin and Big Mac circled around each other, trying to find the perfect chance to lock-up and take control. Big Mac moved nervously while Stud Muffin moved rigorously, as if he knew that he could strike at any moment but chose to wait for a little bit.

"Looks like Stud Muffin and Big Mac are trying to size each other up." Stallion said. "That's some smart strategy on both the champion and the challenger's part."

In an instant, Stud Muffin slipped past Big Mac and got in him a waistlock. He then began wrenching Big Mac's midsection. But surprisingly, Big Mac got out of it sooner than expected by prying apart Stud Muffin's hooves and twisting his left arm in an wristlock.

"Big Mac broke out of that waistlock easily and applied a wristlock." Colt stated. "That's pretty impressive for a first-timer."

Big Mac then held Stud Muffin's arm in place under his armpit, and placed his right hoof at the base of Stud Muffin's shoulder. Stud Muffin dropped to one knee and waved his free hoof helplessly. The ref asked him if he wanted to quit and Stud Muffin sharply declined. Big Mac held Stud Muffin in this position for about 2 minutes before Stud Muffin got back to a standing position and fought out of the wristlock, countering with a wristlock of his own. He then transitioned into a hammerlock and got Big Mac's left hoof behind his back. Big Mac whined from the pain for a while before he got his right hoof behind Stud Muffin's head and performed a side headlock takedown. Stud Muffin sat up and turned to face Big Mac after hitting the mat with a stunned look on his face.

"A nicely executed side headlock takedown." Stallion said.

Stud Muffin got back to his hooves and he and Big Mac locked-up again. This time Big Mac got control after putting Stud Muffin in a front facelock. He squeezed down on Stud Muffin's head to soften him up a bit. But Stud Muffin swiftly countered with a northern lights suplex, performing a bridge pin afterwards. The referee started counting the pin: 1...2...

"Could this be it?" Colt questioned. "Could Stud Muffin make short work of this opponent tonight?"

Big Mac got his shoulder up at 2 1/2. Stud Muffin then got up and started flexing and blowing kisses to the audience. In that moment, Big Mac was able to recover from the suplex. He got up and noticed Stud Muffin had his back turned. "Big mistake" he thought as he ran up behind Stud Muffin, wrapped his hooves around Stud Muffin's stomach, and german suplexed him. He then performed a bridge pin of his own. The ref counted again: 1...2...

"Is Big Mac really about to pull off an upset victory over our champion!?" Stallion exclaimed.

But Stud Muffin got his shoulders off the mat at 2 1/2. The fans were really surprised at this turn of events as they chanted: This is awesome!" Stud Muffin took some time to recover from the impact so Big Mac took advantage. He picked Stud Muffin up in a gutwrench position and did a gutwrench suplex. Stud Muffin rolled around on the mat from the pain. Big Mac picked him up and then sent him crashing back down on the mat with a body slam. He then followed the move up with a running elbow drop.

"Are you seeing this Stallion!? Big Mac is mounting some major offense against the champ." Colt flabbergasted.

"Let's hope he can keep it up." Stallion responded.

Big Mac looked to the audience as they showered him with support. All his friends were cheering him on to victory. He then noticed Cheerilie seated in the front row on the right side of the ring. She smiled at him warmly and waved. Big Mac smiled back at her. She couldn't see it, but Big Mac was celebrating on the inside. The mare of his dreams was out here supporting him right alongside his friends and family. Suddenly, he felt like he could take on both Celestia and Luna by himself. With this new found strength, he continued to dominate Stud Muffin. He picked Stud Muffin up, threw him into the ropes, and delivered a stiff clothesline which caused Stud Muffin do a flip and land on his stomach.

"Oooo. Big Mac turned Stud Muffin inside out with that lariat." Colt cringed.

Big Mac then grabbed Stud Muffin his mane and put his head under his armpit. He then gripped by his underwear for leverage, lifted him into the air, and dropped him with a reverse suplex.

"Stud Muffin's not looking too good out there. Could he have gotten hurt at some point in this match?" Stallion asked his partner.

"I don't know. But I know one thing's for sure: he is taking an ass whoppin." Colt responded.

Big Mac had Stud Muffin locked in a sleeper hold now. Stud Muffin's eyes were slowly rolling into the back of his head.

"Oh my Celestia." Colt spoke. "The dreaded sleeper hold. The simplest yet most effective sumbission hold in history. The champ could be finished."

The referee grabbed Stud Muffin's hoof and dropped it, letting it fall limply to his side. He was checking to see if Stud Muffin was still conscious. If he didn't flex his hoof after the ref does this 2 more times, then he'll lose the match via knockout. The ref grabbed his hoof again and dropped it, but it still feel limp. He grabbed his hoof for the last time and dropped it, but this time Stud Muffin flexed it. The match was still going. Seeing that Stud Muffin didn't tap out as he expected, Big Mac decided to do something that Stud Muffin wouldn't expect. He got Stud Muffin in a standing position while still holding the sleeper hold in. He then began to lift Stud Muffin slightly off the ground by spinning him around. The crowd began counting every time he did a full 360 degree rotation. After 10 rotations, he hit Stud Muffin with a sleeper suplex.

"Holy Luna!" Stallion exclaimed. "What an incredible display of offense by Big Mac. He's taking it to Stud Muffin easily."

The crowd exploded into cheers at what Big Mac just did. To see somepony as inexperienced as Big Mac ragdolling a professional was nothing short of amazing. The Mane 6 gave the loudest reaction as they chanted, cheered, and clapped for Big Mac. Big Mac felt like he was on top of the world. Whatever self-doubt he had early was dispelled now. He had full confidence that he could beat Stud Muffin now. He figured that since he had the match in the bag, he may as well rub it in Stud Muffin's face. It was only fitting. He posed, flexed, waved, and danced for the crowd. This caused an even bigger uproar than before. Everypony in the audience believed in Big Mac now as they chanted his name loudly. This celebration didn't last long though as Stud Muffin was standing and raised his hoof to silence the crowd. The crowd fell silent as Stud Muffin preceded to speak.

"I'll admit." He started. "You weren't AS horrible as I thought you'd be. But you're still INCREDIBLY sloppy and weak with your ring work. Your slams and suplexes were subpar, your wrestling holds were poorly executed, and colts and fillies have hit me with a stronger clothesline than you. I mean, you didn't even lock in the sleeper hold properly!" He laughed.

"Liar!" Big Mac accused. "Cuz if what ya said were true, then how come you were rollin around in pain and almost passed out?"

"It's called selling, my dear boy." Stud Muffin reponded regally. "It's what we wrestlers do when we want a certain move to look convincing, like it actually hurts. Granted, nowadays wrestling is real and selling was a thing that wrestlers did back in wrestling's infancy days, I decided that since you were a newcomer, I'd go easy on you by letting you hit me with some moves and pretend like they hurt. Just like they did back in the old days. See, I was scouting you. I wanted see if you were really capable of beating me when I go all out. I figured that you learned enough wrestling techiniques to give me a run for my money. But sadly, I was mistaken. I'd have a better match if I blindfolded myself, tied one hoof behind my back, got on my knees, and wrestled a broomstick!" He mocked.

"See, I told you." Pinkie said to her friends, much to their annoyance.

"I think I've let you get in enough offense for one match. Now it's my turn." He said sadistically.

Without warning, Stud Muffin wrapped his arms around Big Mac and threw him over his head in a belly-to-belly suplex.

"And Stud Muffin nails Big Mac with a bone-shattering belly-to-belly suplex." Colt commented.

Stud Muffin then picked Big Mac up, got his hooves behind his back, and slammed him with a tiger suplex.

"And a devastating tiger suplex to follow it up." Stallion stated.

Stud Muffin stood over Big Mac, sat down forcefully on his back, and applied the camel clutch. He wrenched the hold back as far as he could go without potentially snapping Big Mac's spine. Tears began pouring down the sides of Big Mac's face.

"Oh. That camel clutch not only looks painfully but it feels even worse." Colt said with a pained expression. "Definitely not the kind of position you wanna find yourself in.

Stud Muffin released the hold after a while but held onto Big Mac's arms. He then flipped over, landing on his feet with his back arched while still holding Big Mac's arms, and applied the cattle mutilation submission hold.

"Oh Celestia. Not the Cattle Mutilation." Stallion strained.

Stud Muffin held the hold in for a minute and then released it. He grabbed Big Mac's right arm and performed the Fujiwara armbar. After a minute, he rolled over Big Mac's back and applied the crossface. He held it for a minute and let go, transitioning into a bridging arm triangle choke.

"The champ showing off his amazing in-ring prowess." Colt complimented. "He's taking Big Mac to the school of hard knocks for a lesson in pain!"

The ref went over to ask Big Mac if he wanted to submit but Stud Muffin released the hold before he could get over there. Stud Muffin then grabbed Big Mac's legs and put him in the elevated Boston crab. Big Mac screamed louder than ever when Stud Muffin wrenched the hold back until Big Mac was doing a perfect scorpion.

"I'm no chiropractor, but even I know that your back isn't suppose to bend that way." Stallion lamented.

Stud Muffin craned his head back to look at Big Mac and spoke to him. "I could break your spine so easily right now if I wanted to." He gloated. "But I'm not going to. No, I wanna prolong your suffering. I want you to learn your lesson."

"And what lesson would that be?" Big Mac strained.

"You'll find out soon enough." Stud Muffin responded vaguely. He turned Big Mac on his back and wrapped his arms around the outside of Big Mac's legs. He then picked Big Mac up in a powerbomb position.

"Uh oh. I know exactly what Stud Muffin's going for here." Colt said.

"You don't mean?" Stallion asked.

"Yeah, THAT move." Colt stressed.

Stud Muffin ran towards one of the turnbuckles and powerbombed Big Mac into it. While still holding onto Big Mac, he ran and powerbombed him into the opposite turnbuckle.

"There it is: The 4 corners of doom." Colt stated.

After Stud Muffin had powerbombed Big Mac into all of the turnbuckles, he carried Big Mac to the center of the ring and sitout powerbombed him. He stood up and trotted to the other side of the ring. He then did a handstand and trotted over to Big Mac until he hovering towards his head and performed a leg drop.

"The momentum has shifted drastically in Stud Muffin's favor." Stallion commented. "He's certainly doing what he said he was gonna do: make an example out of Big Mac."

"This isn't even a match anymore. This is a SLAUGHTER." Colt deadpanned.

Stud Muffin picked Big Mac up and lifted him high above his head with a milatary press. He pumped him up and down a couple of times before dropping him unceremoniously on the mat and following it up with a standing moonsault. He then put his knees on Big Mac's back and locked him in the bow and arrow hold.

"If there's one thing that Stud Muffin is best at, it's stringing together moves and submission holds in succession." Stallion said informatively.

Stud Muffin held the bow and arrow in for 2 minutes before letting go. He picked Big Mac up in a front facelock and then hit him with a bridging cobra clutch underhook suplex. The ref began to count but when he got to 2, Stud Muffin floated over and picked Big Mac up in a vertical suplex. Only instead of just dropping him, he just held Big Mac in the air. The crowd started counting each second Big Mac was airborne. After a count of 20, Stud Muffin slammed Big Mac with a suplex slam. He then started gloating again, flexing and posing for the fans. Half the fans were cheering while the other half were booing Stud Muffin, but he didn't care. He was use to getting mixed reactions from ponies. In his taunting, he didn't even notice Big Mac grab his right boot and slowly begin to pick himself up. He had a fierce look in his eyes. Stud Muffin merely laughed and said "How cute, he's still trying to stay alive in this match no matter how pointless it is. I'm touched." Without warning, he grabbed Big Mac's face and pushed him into the nearest turnbuckle, causing Big Mac to sit down in the corner. As he began to pick himself back up, Stud Muffin mocked him some more by laughing at him. Once Big Mac got back to his hooves, he didn't have time to react as Stud Muffin pancaked him the corner with a running corner splash and followed it up with a clothesline, which put Big Mac back into a seated position in the corner. Stud Muffin then grabbed Big Mac's back hooves, heaved him high into the air above the turnbuckle, and brought him down hard onto the mat with a corner alley oop.

"How is Big Mac's back not broken after that move!?" Colt shouted.

"I don't know. But it's a miracle none the less." Stallion replied.

Stud Muffin stood over Big Mac until he was face to face with him. "Ya know, it's been fun. It really has. You've been a really good sport." He remarked sarcastically. "But I'd say now is a perfect time to end it, don't you think?"

Big Mac responded with gibberish as he was in a lot pain and on the verge of passing out.

"I couldn't agree more." Stud Muffin responded giddily. He grabbed Big Mac's front hooves and pulled him up until he was standing again. He then hit Big Mac with a lifting sitout spinebuster.

"Stud Muffin hits it big. For the love of Celestia and all things holy, please let this be the end of this poor souls torture." Colt pleaded.

The referee counted to 3 and called for bell. This match was finally over. The fans gave more mixed reactions, cheers from the ponies who bet that Stud Muffin would win and boos from the ponies who bet against Stud Muffin. But nopony was disappointed more than the Mane 6. They each had remained silent ever since Stud Muffin first started dominating Big Mac. Even Rainbow and Pinkie didn't say anything. The ref went over to raise Stud Muffin's arm in victory but Stud Muffin told the ref to get him a microphone. The referee obliged and handed Stud Muffin a mic. Stud Muffin swiped it from the ref and began to speak candidly.

"Before you ponies leave tonight, I have something important to say." He began. "What you all witnessed tonight was not a wrestling match. It was not a fight, a confrontation, or a spar. No, what you all just watched was a lesson. Now I know that's sounds funny to some of you. The fact that wrestling actually tuaght you something is quite laughable. But I can assure you that this, in fact, was a lesson. This was a lesson to teach you all what happens when you jump headlong into something that you know nothing about. You don't just wake up one morning and say: "Gee, I wanna become a pro wrestler" without taking the time to learn everything about wrestling first. I mean, you wouldn't try to bake a specific kind of cake without first finding out what ingredients you need to make that specific cake, would you? He asked the audience earnestly.

Pinkie looked around at everypony while laughing nervously before she answered: No.

"Exactly. So why would you try pro wrestling without attempting to understand the sport first. That's the fatal mistake a lot of first-timers make. They walk into the performance center, thinking that it's going to be a cake walk. But let me tell you all something: ITS NOT! There is more to wrestling than just knowing how to apply a headlock! It's more than just "a bunch of bulky stallions rubbing against each other in tights and underwear."

Rainbow and Pinkie looked directly at Rarity. Rairty simply giggled while blushing nervously.

"Wrestling is more than just a sport. ITS A PASSION! We take pride in what we do. We show love and respect for everypony. We show it towards the refs. We show towards our boss. We show it towards ourselves. We show it towards the commentators. We show towards each other. And most importantly, we show it towards each and everyone of you. And all we want is for you to show it back. But it just DISGUSTS me when ponies like Big Mac work in wrestling but don't respect it or the ponies who make it possible. They're the ones who think just because they dawn a pair of trunks or tights, they atomatically know all there is to know about wrestling. "Who cares about actual training and dedication when you can just wear wrestling gear and pretend to know how to wrestle." He mocked. "Well let me tell you truth: That doesn't fly here! Not in MY ring or in any other promotion! For you see, that kind of attitude will get you MAIMED around here! I can't tell you how many young upstarts I've seen that came into this business with that mentality and ended up leaving bloody and broken. Their careers ended before they even had a chance to start. Like for instance, This one stallion came here in hopes of making a name for himself. Problem was, the poor colt didn't know how to wrestle or take moves properly and wouldn't even try to learn how. All of his matches were nothing but him throwing punches and kicks, pulling off badly excuted moves and holds, then attempting to pin his opponent before doing any real damage. He lost all his matches. But in one instance, he ended up losing more than just the match. He kept throwing stiff punches and kicks at his opponent's head, which pissed off his opponent to no avail. But his big mistake was when he botched an arm drag and dropped the stallion on his head, almost giving him a concussion. So the stallion retaliated, throwing even stiffer punches and kicks at him. And for good measure, he powerbombed him on one of those steel barriers, paralyzing him for the rest of his life. So I'm telling you all this to warn you. I'm not trying to scare you away from wrestling. I'm telling you that if you're thinking about becoming a wrestler, you should learn to love and respect the ponies you work for and with, as well as loving and respecting the wrestling profession itself. Because if you don't, bad things like this are sure to happen to you. I wouldn't be where I'm at today if I didn't show everypony some respect. That's the only way you get anywhere in the business. Respect you co-workers, the refs, your boss, the commentators, and most importantly, yourself because wrestling can be a fun experience. But if you don't respect wrestling or the ponies who do, you're gonna have a bad time. I GUARANTEE it. So let this serve as a reminder of what could possibly happen to you if don't show respect. When you become a wrestler without learning how to wrestle or show no remorse for injuring or potentially injuring your fellow co-workers with your poorly performed moves, then you clearly have no respect for wrestling at all. So in short: Respect wrestling and it will respect you back." He finished before dropping the microphone. He then reached under the ring and pulled out another brown bag like the one he gave to Applejack earlier and placed it over Big Mac's head. "And thus, the walk of shame awaits you my friend." He said loudly while gesturing down the ramp to the backstage area. He rolled out of the ring and made his way backstage.

"Strong words from our champion." Stallion spoke.

"You said it partner. Well anyway that's it for tonight's ppv event. Hopefully we'll see you all again next Thursday. Goodnight everypony." Colt finished.

Without a moment to lose, Applejack leaped over the barricade and got into the ring. She ran over to Big Mac's side. "Alright, let me know what hurts." She said to him.

Big Mac sat up and looked her in the eyes before responding. "Ah'm alright, just really sore. The one thing that hurts the most though is my pride." He dejected.

"Well alright then. Ya gonna need help gettin backstage and out of this costume?" She asked.

"Nah. Ah think ah can manage." Big Mac answered as he picked himself up and off the canvas. He then slowly got out of the ring and went backstage. Applejack sat there and watched him leave, feeling bad for what had happened to him. Twilight and the others joined Applejack in the ring and sat beside her as they all stayed there in silence.



Big Mac began unraveling the tape around his wrists. He had crumpled up the bag over his head and thrown it away, but he felt that the expression on the bag was a perfect representation of how he was feeling right now. He not only let himself down, but he felt he also let everypony in the crowd down. He didn't want to show his face in town for while in fear that everypony would either mock or shun him. It was then that he heard a knock on his dressing room door. He glumly told the stranger to come in and to his surprise: It was Cheerilie! She trotted into room with a bright smile adorning her face.

"Hello Big Mac." She greeted.

"Howdy Cheerilie." Big Mac replied depressingly as he turned his face away from her.

"You looked pretty good out there." Cheerilie said in an attempt to lift his spirits.

"Yeah, fer bout 8 minutes." Big Mac dejected with a sigh.

"I didn't just mean during the match." Cheerilie hinted with a slight blush on her face.

Hearing this, Big Mac also blushed and laughed nervously.

"So, are you still upset about the loss?" Cheerilie asked.

"Eeyup." He responded. "Ah feel like ah let everypony down."

"And why is that?" Cheerilie questioned.

"Cuz ah didn't beat Stud Muffin." He replied. "Ah made a big fuss bout how ah was gonna make em eat his words, but ah didn't deliver on my promise. He may have made a plum fool outta me out in that match, but ah made a bigger fool outta myself when he goated me into accepting his challenge. And fer that, ah'm sorry. Sorry fer lettin my pride get the best of me. Sorry fer lettin everypony down. And most importantly, ah'm sorry fer lettin you down Cheerilie. Ah should've told ya this after ah accepted his challenge, but ah guess now is as good a time as any. Ah did this match fer you. It burned me up somethin fierce when he gave ya all those compliments just so you would sleep with em. And ah couldn't just stand by and let em get away with that. Ah care bout ya too much to let ya do it. So ah accepted his challenge cuz I didn't just wanna fight fer myself or every mare in crowd, ah wanted to fight fer you. Ah figured it would show ya how much ya really mean to me. But who ah kindin. You probably think ah got apples fer brains fer thinkin that." He sighed.

"So you were willing to battle that stallion, no caring if you won or lost, just for me?" Cheerilie asked him with a look of surprise on her face.

"Eeyup. Ah'd do anything fer ya" Big Mac said as he took Cheerilie's left hoof into both of his hooves.

"Well I'd say that's quite noble of you." Cheerlie remarked as she took both of his hooves into hers. "No other stallion has do anything like that for me before. So I'd say you're pretty brave in my book. Besides, I had a feeling that Stud Muffin only wanted my flank. I saw him leave the arena with 5 other mares in his arms. I didn't want to be an "awkward 7th wheel." She said while she rolled her eyes in disgust. But you're not like him at all. You're caring, respectful, and strong-willed. You went out there and faced him rather than just admit defeat and walk away like most other stallions would have done. You stood up to him and defended my honor. And you persevered to the very end. So on behalf of myself and every mare that was present, I would like to personally thank you for what you did. Here's your reward." And without missing a beat, she leaned forward and kissed Big Mac on the lips. After 3 seconds, she broke the kiss. Even though it was brief, Big Mac felt that it lasted for a lifetime. As Cheerilie made her exit, she turned back to Big Mac and said: "By the way, I always knew that you had feelings for me" before leaving the room. Big Mac stood there in shock for a full minute before he plopped down on his chair and ran his hooves through his mane.

"Well ah'll be. Stud Muffin was right about one thing: Ah am one lucky stallion!" He said to himself with a big smile on his face.