• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 923 Views, 10 Comments

The Mane Event - BlakFyre



Pinkie and her friends decide to join the wonderful world of professional wrestling. They soon find out that fame and grandeur of being a wrestler isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

  • ...
 10
 923

EWA Live comes to Ponyville

It was just another average day in Ponyville. The sun was shining. The lively sound of ponies carrying on with their daily tasks could be heard. Everypony in town had a bright smile on their face. But nopony more so than a certain pink mare who was bolting towards Town Square. She had heard from the grapevine that there was going to be a special event coming to Ponyville and she couldn't resist going to see what it was. Upon her arrival at Town Square, she had noticed that there was a fairly big crowd gathered around the water fountain. Determined to see what the fuss was about, she gingerishly squeezed her way through the crowd of ponies, much to the annoyance of some them. When she reached the center, she noticed a light green stallion with a black mane handing out fliers. She grabbed one of the fliers from him and looked at it intently. After reading it she could barely contain her excitement as she leaped into the air and did a backflip.

"WOOOOOHOOOOOO!" She cheered. "I can't believe this! I gotta tell my friends about this." She gasped.

And with that, she took off like a rocket to go and bring her friends the good news.



She decided to tell Rainbow Dash first since she figured that Rainbow would be the most willing to attend the event with her once she found out what it was. Rainbow, for her part, was laying face up on a cloud with her hooves behind her head; she had been catching up on her daily chill session. She had already finished her day's work and the Wonderbolts didn't need her at the moment. So she chose to just kick back and relax for the rest of the day without a care in the world. She had just begun to slip into a quick nap before she was rudely awoken by her pink friend calling out to her. Although she hated it when Pinkie would interrupt her in the middle of a nap, she knew whatever it was had to be fun if Pinkie felt the need to wake her up because of it.

"Oh Dahsie." Pinkie called out to her.

"Hey Pinkie." Dash greeted as she leaned over the cloud she had been lounging on.

"I've got something really cool to show you." Pinkie stated. "It may even be cooler than you!"

Rainbow gave Pinkie an arrogant look as she laughed at that statement. "Pinkie, please. What could possibly be cooler than me?"

"Come down here and I'll show you." Pinkie persuaded.

"Alright." Rainbow responded. She then jumped off the cloud and floated gently as she landed in front of Pinkie.

"Feast your eyes on THIS!" Pinkie said as she unraveled the paper in front of Rainbow's face.

Rainbow took a minute to read the paper and (much like Pinkie did earlier) she too leaped in the air, leaving a rainbow streak behind her as she did a backflip.

"That was my exact reaction too!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"How come you never told me you were a wrestling fan too, Pinkie!?" Dash asked. "I LOVE wrestling! The atheleticism, the adrenaline rush, the excitement. Just the sheer awesomeness of pro wrestling. Not to mention the millions of adoring fans cheering and chanting your name as you trot down the ramp with championship gold wrapped around your waist." Dash said as she made a gesture for fastening a belt around her waist.

Pinkie simply shrugged her shoulders. "Well you never asked." She remarked. "There are a lot of things you didn't know that I'm into." Pinkie cooed as she stared at Rainbow with half-lidded eyes, which caused Rainbow to blush slightly.

"I wasn't asking about THAT kind of stuff." Rainbow flusteredly replied. "I just didn't take you for somepony who'd be into wrestling."

"Oh, I'm into all kinds of WRESTLING." Pinkie hinted suggestively while moving her eyebrows up and down with a seductive look on her face.

"Pinkie!" Rainbow shouted, her face even redder than before.

"I'm just messin with ya." Pinkie quipped as she playfully punched Rainbow in the arm. "Now how bout we go tell the others about this." She suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Dash answered.

The pair then proceeded to go to their friends respective homes and inform them of the event.



They knocked on the door to Rarity's Boutique. This seemed like a fruitless effort since they already knew that Rarity might refuse. She was a pony of very refined taste. Even though she can be pretty down to earth, she was no stranger to brushing off things that she deemed "uncouth". And there's no doubt that she would find something like watching ponies slam each other on a mat uncivilized. But Pinkie and Rainbow were willing to give it the old college try.

"Just a moment." She called from inside the boutique.

After a few minutes, the door to the boutique swung open, revealing the fashionista pony herself.

"Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie. It's so good to see you both." Rarity greeted.

"Hey Rarity. Ya got a minute?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh of course darling. Come in, come in!" Rarity affirmed as she ushered them inside.

They were surprised when they walked in to see that the boutique was a bit of a mess. Rolls of fabric had been strewn everywhere; Sewing needles and all kinds of others tools and materials Rarity used for making dresses were scattered all over the place. Even Rarity herself looked a little disheveled when she answered the door, despite putting on a smile. Pinkie and Rainbow looked at each other with concern on their faces, fearing that they may have caught Rarity at a bad time.

"Are you busy right now Rarity? Cause if you are, we can come back later." Dash spoke.

"No. Now is a good time. You'll have to excuse the mess. Today's been pretty slow so I've just been tinkering with some designs." Rarity explained.

"Anyway, we came here to see if you wanted to join me and Pinkie at this event" Rainbow said as she held out the flier for Rarity to see.

Rarity looked at it curiously as this is what it read:

Come one, come all. And witness one of the greatest wrestling pay-per-views in Equestrian history

Equestrian Wrestling Association presents: No Rehorse!!!!!!!!

Watch as some of the best competitors in sports entertainment toady go head-to-head:

Lighting Quick vs Bobwire

El Semental vs Cactus Colt vs Dashing Daniel vs The Flightless Wonder in a Falls Count Anywhere Match

The Alpha Mares vs The Baltimare Beauties

And in the main event, Our reigning EWA Champion Stud Muffin will issue an open challenge to anypony from the audience!

And it's all happening TONIGHT! LIVE! in Ponyville

Our chairman Grapplin Gordan will be handing out tickets in person alongside our champion Stud Muffin

Better buy fast cause you won't wanna miss a second of this night of pulse-pounding action!

Don't be a foal! Be the pony who witnessed this event with their own eyes!!!!!!!

"A wrestling event!? She scoffed. "Ugh! How appalling! I can't believe you two actually ENJOY that rubbish! The thought of a bunch of bulky, sweaty stallions rubbing against each other in tights and underwear is enough to make me sick to my stomach. That may sound appealing to some mares but I am not some mares. I'm terribly sorry girls but I can't even consider going to one of those smutfest."

"Did you just say wrestling!?" came a voice from upstairs.

The source of the voice came trotting down the stairs at top speed. It turned out to be Sweetie Belle; Rarity's little sister.

"Ooo. Can I come too? Please big sis. Please. Please. Please." Sweetie pestered while jumping up and down excitedly.

"Sorry Sweetie but if I'm not going, then you definitely aren't going. Besides, it's a school night. You need your 8 hours if you want to wake up bright and early in the morning." Rarity reminded her.

"Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeee." Sweetie begged with puppy dog eyes.

"Out of the question. I'm sorry but that's just the way it has to be." Rarity remarked.

"Awwwww." Sweetie pouted as she kicked the roll of fabric that was laying next to her and went back upstairs.

"Come on Rarity. It'll be super fun!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Maybe for you two but not for me. I've already explained why that kind of event isn't my cup of tea." Rarity stated.

"Then what is your cup of tea? Chamomile. Sweet tea. Oooo. How bout lemon berry iced tea!? Pinkie questioned.

"While that all sounds ravishing, my answer is still no." Rarity deadpanned.

"Come on Rarity. It's the entertainment spectacle of a lifetime. Sure, me and Pinkie could go by ourselves, but we wanna share this experience with our friends. Please Rarity. If you don't do it for me, do it for Pinkie. She's the one who got this flier in the first place. Please Rarity. For me. And if not for me, for Pinkie." Rainbow pleaded as she got on her knees and put on the best begging face she could muster.

"Yeah Rarity. You wouldn't want to disappoint lil ol' me now would you? Pinkie said in a baby talk tone as she (just like Rainbow) got on her knees and begged Rarity alongside Dash.

"Oh come now you two. Sweetie's begging didn't break me and she's a filly. So what makes you think you two could fair any better seeing as you're both adults?" Rarity asked as she folded her hooves in front of her chest.

Rainbow and Pinkie continued to beg as Rarity stood there with an eyebrow raised, internally questioning how long they would both keep this up. But the longer the mares stared at Rarity, the more Rairty felt her resolve slowing dissipating. There was just something about their frowns and the way the light seemed to glisten off their wide eyes that caused Rarity to feel bad about refusing them. After about a good three minutes of nothing but solid eye contact, Rarity finally relented. They had broken her.

"Alright! Alright! I'll go with you to this event. Just stop begging me with those faces! Rairty shouted.

Both Pinkie and Rainbow smiled in victory. "Thanks Rarity." They both said in unison.

They turned tail and sprinted out of the boutique. Rarity let out a heavy sigh and trotted over to close the door. But right as she had a hoof on the door, Pinkie's head popped back thorough the door way to say "You won't regret this decision Rarity", afterwards turning around to catch up to Rainbow Dash.

Rarity let out another sigh. "I'm sure I will. It'll be a cold day in Tatarus if I actually enjoy it." She said to herself sourly.