• Published 19th Sep 2016
  • 3,130 Views, 43 Comments

Rara's Reality - Gear Works



Rara decides to reboot her career with a rising singer from Earth. But in order to do so, they have to be a couple. Looks like someone forgot to read the fine print on the contract.

  • ...
5
 43
 3,130

A marriage made in...

Back in Manehattan, Rara was walking back and forth. Ever since the talent show ended, she was in distress that the contract she signed doubled as an Equestrian marriage certificate. She was officially married to a human.

“I can’t believe this,” explained Coco. “How can she do this? She said I was going to revive my career with a human, not get married to one.”

“Now, now dear. I’m sure Sapphire Shores has a good reason for doing this,” replied Rarity.

Rarity, Fluttershy, and Coco decided to stay with her in her apartment after hearing about the so-called marriage.

“A good reason?” replied Rara. “A GOOD REASON??? Svengallop was bad enough to use my talents just to spoil himself, but this goes way beyond that.”

“Um, maybe she got the wrong papers from Princess Celestia,” replied Fluttershy. “I mean this would be related to human/pony relations.”

“I’ve read it before, and it’s the contract that was met for me and my singing partner. Where this marriage part comes in, I have no clue!” Rara yelled, causing Fluttershy to hide behind her hair. “I’m sorry. I forgot that you can be sensitive at times.”

“That’s OK,” replied Fluttershy.

Rarity explained, “Well, this is Rick that your married to. And he is a nice guy and all, so-”

Coco cut her off. “RARITY!!! I can understand that you want to help Rick with his relationship problems, but this is Rara we’re talking about, OK?”

“I’m sorry,” replied Rarity. “That was uncalled for.”

Coco walked up and placed her hands of Rara’s shoulders. “Look, I’m sure Applejack and Twilight will get to the bottom of this. So let them handle this and we’ll go through there.”


But it was a different story back in Rick’s apartment in Franklin. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were with Rick, who was lying down on his bed trying to figure out what just happen the other night.

“I’m…married. I’m…married. I’m……married?”

“Yep. That’s what it looks like,” Pinkie Pie replied as she was playing a kart game on Rick’s Gamecube console.

“I’m sure there’s a good reason for all this,” said Rainbow Dash.

“How can there be a good reason? I’ve haven’t been on a date since…since…”

“Forever?” replied Pinkie Pie. “You want to hit me with a green shell? Then have a red shell instead.”

“Look, right now, you’re just married to Rara in Equestria, not on Earth,” explained Rainbow Dash. “I’m sure there’s a difference, right?”

“It’s the same as getting married in another country, I believe,” replied Rick. “If I’m married, then I’m married.”

“Then your married to one of the hottest mare out of Equestria,” replied Pinkie Pie. “Hey, nice try with the banana peel, but I’m better than that.”

Rainbow Dash looked at her and said, “Can you focus, Pinkie?”

“Of course I can. I’m Pinkie Pie, remember.”

“So all that’s needed is the Princess’ seal, right?” asked Rick.

“If it’s from Princess Celestia, then it’s official,” explained Rainbow Dash.

“Yea. She did host the wedding to Cadence and Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor,” explained Pinkie Pie.

“Which we found out that Cadence was really the changeling queen,” Rainbow Dash added.

“But still, Shining Armor did get married to the real Cadence,” explained Pinkie Pie. “And there was Cranky Doodle and Matilda, which she also hosted.”

“We were lucky to witness it happen after dealing with that bug-bear that tried to attack Ponyville,” explained Rainbow Dash. “Maybe she just wants to make sure nothing crazy happens again with this marriage, if that’s what she was trying to do in the first place.”

“Damn it,” yelled Pinkie Pie. “Someone hit me with a blue shell. I’ll make them pay.”

“Rick, I can’t believe you got her hooked on these video games,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Must be different from the arcade machines you have in your world,” said Rick.

“Maybe so, but there are some things that you have here that you might not find in Equestria,” replied Rainbow Dash.


Back in Manehattan, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, and Starlight Glimmer went to see Sapphire Shores to get some answers.

“You better have a darn good reason for doing this to my friend, Rara,” yelled Applejack.

“I wanted to help get Coloratura’s career started again, and this felt like the best decision,” explained Sapphire Shores.

“By hooking them up on the spot,” replied Applejack.

Twilight decided to intervene. “Look, I understand what you’re trying to do, but human/pony relations of this nature should be left by us. And so far, I don’t see the point of taking things to that level too soon. How were you able to even get Princess Celestia’s seal to approve of this?”

“Because we came to an agreement on this.”

The mares looked back to see Princess Celestia herself at the doorway. Wearing a light pink business suit and skirt, it was apparent that she was here on business.

“Celestia, you mean that you went along with this?” replied Twilight.

Celestia walked next to Sapphire and replied, “Yes Twilight.”

“By why?”

“When you told me about how you met Rick and the hardships that he had to go through, I figure that he could be able to overcome this challenge,” explained Celestia. “And Applejack, I know what Svengallop did to your friend, Rara, and it’s something that I will not let happen again.”

“Then why go through with this?” replied Applejack. “I mean, what if it was someone else, maybe a lady instead of a guy.”

“I had plans should that happen,” replied Sapphire. “But Princess Celestia was confident that Rick would win, thanks to your help.”

“You mean you wanted this to happen in the first place?” replied Twilight.

“In other words, you used us anyway to make sure Rick would win, right?” said Applejack.

“Exactly,” replied Sapphire.

“But why have them married?” explained Twilight. “I mean, how would both world respond to this when they learn about it?”

“Perhaps I should explain.”

The mares looked back to the door again and were met by an orange unicorn with fiery red and yellow hair. She was wearing a light blue blouse and black jacket.

“Sunset Shimmer? What are you doing here?” asked Twilight.

“I’ve been working with my old mentor on a new project, that doesn’t involve magic for once,” replied Sunset.

“A new project?” replied Twilight.

“Yes,” replied Sunset. “Ever since you helped my brother, Sunburst, with making the portal stable to Earth, you’ve been asking me about the similarities between that world and the mirrored world. Princess Celestia wanted me to do some…unusual research with the human population and if there was a similarity between both worlds. Tell me, what’s the mare to stallion ratio in Equestria?”

Twilight and Applejack started to think before one of them answered.

“I think it’s four mares to one stallion,” replied Twilight.

“And go back to when Ponyville was founded, what was the ratio back then?” asked Sunset.

“Three to one,” replied Applejack.

“See where I’m going with this,” said Sunset.

“I guess, but that doesn’t even explained why Rick and Rara should be married,” explained Twilight.

“Well, I’ve learned that the male to female ratio is almost balanced in the mirrored world. So there’s a good chance that Earth is the same thing, if not similar,” explained Sunset.

“But why have a pony mate with a human?” asked Applejack.

“If there are more mares born than stallions in Equestria, then it could be the end of the pony race in the far future,” explained Sunset.

“I think I understand,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “There is a sex change spell that can allow a mare to change into a stallion, but it requires a lot of magic to make this happen. And unless you’re an alicorn, or somepony like me, it’s next to impossible to make it happen.”

“But can this even work?” asked Twilight.

“I was just asking Twilight that same question…I mean the human Twilight,” replied Sunset. “It might be possible that a mare who was to mate with a human male would give birth to a pony instead of a human. But this just a theory to her anyway.”

“Do you think this would even work? I mean, this is Rick and Rara that we’re talking about,” asked Applejack.

“Well, Adagio did say that she was a mother when she was banished to the mirrored world back then, which I find it hard to believe. And she was still a siren at that time,”explained Sunset.

“There’s still one problem. How do you think the humans would react to this?” explained Applejack. “Earth has had its share of history of conflicts. They had to deal with inter-racial dating, then same sex marriage. And all that led to others thinking it was some kind of sin to their world. Now we’re dealing with humans and ponies dating. That’s like unleashing a bag of para-sprites to the world.”

Sunset corrected Applejack. “It’s known as inter-species dating, and it would be like opening Pandora’s Box to some. But I’m sure that others will support Rick and Rara in this decision.”

Twilight was confused. “Inter-species dating? Pandora’s Box?”

“I know. You can blame the other girls for getting me hooked on some of the shows that they like to watch,” said Sunset.

“Do you even think they can make it work? I mean, there has to be a spark between them for this to happen. We can’t just force then to do this,” explained Applejack.

“What are you talking about?” Starlight asked Applejack.

“Rick heard this from a female friend that he met at some convention years ago. She said that if she was to find that right guy, there has to be a spark between them. And Rick has been thinking the same thing about the girls he comes across. Somehow, he can’t find that spark with any girl out there.”

“Kinda like how Spike has been trying to take things to the next level with Rarity?” asked Starlight.

“Eeyep.”

“I think with time, things will work out between Rick and Rara,” explained Celestia. “Besides, I did explain this idea with Mr. President during our time in the UK, and he’s willing to support this plan. And right now, Rick has full admittance to Equestria because of this marriage. We just need to take care of several passports for our ponies to tour on Earth later on.”

“Just curious, but who else will be touring with them? I hear that Coco will be helping out on the tour,” said Applejack.

“Well, let’s just say that I was able to hire some of Svengallop’s members that worked with him and Coloratura. I think they will be glad to help Coloratura out on her tour,” explained Sapphire. “For now, let’s just help Rick get adjusted to Equestria first and spend some private time with Coloratura. Since Coco lives in the same building with her, I’m sure she can help him out if problems come up.”

“And just so you know, it’s best to keep the details limited. I want to make sure it works out between them without forcing it on them,” explained Celestia.

“Not sure we can limit the details, but we’ll try,” responded Applejack.

Author's Note:

Some things to point out.

Starlight's sex change spell -> look into the kilala97 universe and look into the Starlight x Trixie shipping, where Starlight is the "father" to Trixie's foal, Dove.

Adagio as a mother -> Read Mother Adagio, which is a great story from Jay the Brony.