• Published 14th Sep 2016
  • 362 Views, 2 Comments

What a Day... - Solaris Rin Ursa



Raven is officially late for work.. and that never happens.

  • ...
 2
 362

Chapter One and Only.

Raven every morning like usual got out of bed with the sound of her alarm going off on her night stand. Turning to check the time she soon found she wish she didn’t… “Buck i overslept? How does that happen i always set my alarm to go off a 6:30 a.m.” taking her hoof and hitting the button on the top of the alarm she quickly went about her morning routine. Running off towards the bathroom was the first step, and soon after the sounds of a flushing commode could be heard she then ran to the kitchen and went about making her some toast and Coffee.

Putting her toast into the toaster and then putting her coffee on to brew she took a moment to find her bearings.

“Ok what next? Oh! I need to get dressed… how could i almost forget that?” Raven said quite displeased with herself for being so forgetful in this crucial moment. Running back into her room she got her normal work clothes out of her closet and put them on.

done with getting dressed she went back to the bathroom and wen't about brushing her mane and the other hygienic things she almost forgot about earlier.

“Wait… what’s that smell?” Raven sniffed the air and it smelt like something was burning… “Crap! My toast!” hurrying back into the kitchen she found her toast burnt to a crisp and inedible.. “Well at least i have my Coff-” as Raven was turning around to check on the Coffee she hit it with her tail, sending both the Coffee maker and Coffee inside to the floor.

“Well that just does it… but i can’t worry about this know or I’ll be even more late to work then I already am.” Then grabbing the rest of the stuff she needs for work she then went to the front door and opened it. On the other side was a bright and clear sky just like the Weather ponies said there would be. Leaving her house she started up the streets of Canterlot towards the Castle.

“Well hopefully I can put my bad start behind me and i can enjoy this beautiful day we are having.” Raven said thoroughly enjoying herself the feeling of the sunlight bathing her skin in it’s warmth, and the morning birds going about their business singing their merry little toon.

Crack!! “Oh! What was that!” Raven looked around but only saw all the other ponies pulling out their umbrellas and continuing on their way. “Wa? Whats going on?”

A younger stallion that happened to be Nearby answered her question. “The weather ponies changed the schedule they moved up the thunderstorms to today instead of next week” the stallion explained.

“Just my luck… the only day i was in to big of a hurry to grab my umbrella.” and with that it started to rain and Raven was soaked in a matter of moments. “Ug.. best day ever.” she said sarcastically and then continued on her way. Upon making it to the front gates of the castle the rain was letting up a bit and she slowed her pace to catch her breath. Seeing the guards in their normal pasitions at the front gate she casually trotted up to them.

“Yes? What do you need today?” the bigger guard asked while his coworker on the right continued to stand there.

“Well i work here...” Raven explained patiently

“Very well I need you ID to verify.” the guard on the right stated as he moved forward.

“Oh! Yes i apologize, here we go it should be right in my-” looking to her side she noticed that she forgot her saddlebags in her house next to the front door. “Oh.. well will my ID number be enough?” she looked back to the guard waiting for her ID.

"I'll have to check with my superior would you wait here while i got get him." With that the Guard on the right left in no big hurry to go get his commanding officer.

Looking to the bigger guard Raven soon found herself in the situation of playing the waiting game, and from what she could tell she was already an hour late to work.

About ten minutes later the guard came back with a older stallion that seemed to be in charge. "Well it seems you left you ID at home yes?"

"Um.. yes i did, is it ok if i tell you my ID number and i go about my way?" pleaded Raven.

After about twenty minutes of clearing things up and gaining access to the Castle she went on her way to her office. “Well that sure was something I’ve never forgotten my ID before.. I don’t know how i could have this time either.” upon entering her office she noticed two things. One she left all her paperwork in the bags at home, two she is still soaking wet from the storm… “well isn’t this just perfect.”

going and sitting in her Chair, she started to think over her situation. "Ok to start I didn't get anything to eat this morning. Second I probably broke my Coffee maker... won't that be just fun getting fixed." Raven then leaned back in her chair and put one foreleg over her eyes. "Third i forgot my umbrella today and it rained on me. four i also left my ID in my bag which is where i usually keep it... but this time i left my bag at home." removing her foreleg from her eyes and looking around the office, she was slowly coming to a conclusion. "and last but not least, without my ID i can't get into the files which means i can't do any work..."

And that's when it hit her, she would have to go to Celestia to get access to the files, and that would also mean explaining why she forgot her ID which means that she would have to tell her Boss that she was late. "Well, better go ahead and get this one out of the way..."

Leaving the room and going towards Celestia’s office she was about to do something she never thought would happen in her carrier… she was going to have to ask her boss to open up the files for her that way she can work. Getting to the Celestia's office door raven stopped and knocked lightly. “Yes? Come in.” came the sweet and soothing voice of Celestia from the other side of the door.

Opening the door and entering Raven found Celestia sitting at her desk reading a book. “Raven? What are you doing here?”

“Well… I was late to work and was in a hurry, so I forgot my ID badge in the rush. So I kinda need you help to get the files unlocked.” Explained Raven as she nervously kicked at the floor.

Celestia looked up at Raven and started for a moment, a moment that felt just a bit too long for Ravens taste and only made her even more antsy. “Well that is a problem… but I’m not asking about that. I was wondering what you were doing here on your day off?”

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed it, I know I did.

well I liked writing this and i might do more in the future so see you soon i hope.