• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 1,931 Views, 22 Comments

Four Dragon Brothers - Princess OtakuGeek



One minute, we were at a con. And the next, we were whisked away to the land of Equestria as the Four Dragon Warriors.

  • ...
16
 22
 1,931

Prologue

At first glance, one might think that this was a normal day in Equestria. The sun was high in the sky shining brightly as birds sang and other woodland creatures went about their daily business. Looking upon this golden afternoon, it was very easy to forget that not long ago, the world had been threatened with eternal night, though some of the most observant ponies swore that the sun shone the brightest it had ever been today.

Sitting on a carriage departing from Ponyville were two sisters quietly reveling in each other's presence. Luna had leaned against her sister, who had reciprocated her by laying a wing across her back. After her time on the moon, it felt good to feel the warmth and presence of another pony, especially her sister's. The Celestial Sisters had retired from Pinkie's party early because A) there was a lot that they needed to catch up on in private and B) a country doesn't just run itself, especially with everything that happened.

"So much has changed." Celestia was startled out of her thoughts when her sister's voice cut through the quiet.

"Indeed it has, Li'l Lulu." Celestia said as she ruffled hr sister's mane. "A thousand years changes a lot of things, though you'd be surprised how many things remain the same." Luna didn't notice the small smirk that crossed her sister's face as she was looking out over the chariot.

"I imagine I will." She said, and Celestia's smirk widened before she quickly attempted to compose herself before Luna noticed, the younger sister continuing none the wiser. "It seems as though you moved the castle since I was gone."

"Indeed I did, shortly after your banishment the Everfree became too dangerous to live in and it was too... painful." Luna turned at her sister's tone of voice and placed a hoof upon her sister's.

"Worry no more sister, I am here once again." She said. "And I am so sorry for all the pain I caused you. So where did you move the castle."

Celestia looked a little relieved at the subject change and turned forward. "We moved the capital to Canterlot, which you should see up ahead by now." She then paused before speaking some more. "And for the record, I'm the one who should be sorry for not being as supportive as I should've been."

Luna might've said more as a retort, but by then she'd caught sight of Canterlot and found her breath stolen from her chest. This definitely wasn't the Canterlot she remembered.

"Tia, is this truly the Canterlot I once knew?" She asked with wonder as she took it all in. "I remember the days when it was just a mountain fort and trading post."

Celestia smiled at the wonder in her sister's tone. "It's amazing what ponies are able to accomplish." She said as she draped her wing over her sister. Once again, they sat in silence as the chariot came in for a landing in the castle courtyard. As Luna cast her gaze all around, something caught her eye.

"Tia, what is this?" She said, pointing at the Equestrian flag displayed prominently in front of the castle. It was almost like she remembered it, save for one detail. At the center there was still the image of two alicorns circling the sun and moon, representing the balance of power she shared with her sister. What caught her eye however were the additions that had been made since she last saw an Equestrian flag.

Encircling the alicorns as though they were forming three protective rings were four reptilian creatures. They had long serpentine bodies covered in scales with sharp claws and ferocious teeth. They also bore antler-like horns, long whiskers and a mane of fur on their heads that continued down their spines and ended at the tail which had a similar puff of fur at the end. Though they were similar in design, each creature had an individual color. The innermost on was a bright beautiful gold that made her remember sunsets while the second was a majestic blue that reminded her of clear blue oceans and lakes. One of the two creatures that made up the outer ring was pure white like the driven snow and the other was a lovely green that brought to mind lush forests.

"Tia, what are these creatures displayed on our flag and why are they here?" Luna asked once again and her sister smiled.

"Those Lulu, are dragons." Came the answer and her sister gave her an incredulous look with a raised brow.

"Surely thou jests sister, these beings look nothing like dragons." She said.

"They are dragons that originate from the far East." Celestia explained. "I even met a few, and they were very unlike their Western counterparts."

Luna looked surprised at her sister. "Truely? Then thou shouldst introduce us one day." She said. "However that doesn't explain why these dragons are on our flag."

The teasing smirk once again returned and Luna wondered what her sister had in store. "Lulu, do you remember those stories that he used to tell us when we were young?"

A wave of nostalgia crashed over Luna as she thought back to happier, simpler times that seemed miles and miles away. "I do indeed." Luna sighed in a wistful tone as she closed her eyes. "I remember he would tell stories of powerful warriors chosen by dragons to protect this land." She then opened her eyes once more and turned to her sister. "But those stories are just that, stories that he told us before bed."

There was a twinkle in Celestia's eye and she gave her sister a knowing grin. "I don't believe that's true." She then turned her gaze back to the flag, focusing specifically on the four dragons. "I believe the dragon warriors exist and that one day, they will come."

Author's Note:

And this is another Displaced fic. Now, the characters I'm basing this on is an anime\manga called Akatsuki no Yona or Yona of the Dawn. And I love this particular manga. I often say that I could sing it's praises from the mountain tops with Pinkie's superphone (as seen in the episode Wonderbolt Academy). Point is its awesome and I love it, I highly recommend it.

Now if you go on YouTube, you can get the episodes, however only twenty four episodes were made while the manga is currently ongoing and has so much more than the anime so don't limit yourself to the anime if you're interested. However, a little word of warning, if you're interested in this franchise, my story will contain certain spoilers for certain characters.

So if you don't want me to spoil anything for you, I'll warn you now. If you don't want anything to be spoiled for you if you're interested in reading Akatsuki no Yona, then don't read this until your done reading the manga that's out. Of course it's all your choice, so I'll leave the decision up to you, just a little heads up to make sure I don't spoil anything for you guys.