• Published 20th Feb 2017
  • 296 Views, 0 Comments

Just Like Me - Dido



Wild Ace has always had a rough life, especially when his mother is a pegasus a his father is a master criminal, Ace has to make a tough decision: join his father and become what he has hated most, or fight for whats right and protect those he loves.

  • ...
 0
 296

Chapter 1: Prologue

“Just Like Me”

Proofread by Flutter-Shy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Man(e)hattan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sirens of police cars are being heard from the alleyway where two outlaws are running for their lives, one of them is a female around five foot four, wearing a short black skirt and a black pinstripe vest showing her rather curvaceous figure, her black evening pumps making her look taller. Her hair was blonde and made into short soft curls and her eyes were hazel colored, her name was “Hail Mary” Mary Hayes.

The other criminal was a male around five foot nine, wearing a full black pinstripe suit, fedora and shoes combination showcasing his strong stature. His hair was brown and very short and slightly parted, his eyes were as black as the sky above. His name was “Hal” Hal War-tun and he was a real Valentino. Hal carried a Smith and Wesson M&P .38 special he had stolen from the corpse of a police officer, and a grey duffle bag filled with thousands of dollars.

The criminals recently robbed a bank and needed a way out fast, cutting through alleyways seemed to work the best as the police cars were too large to navigate through the narrow alleys.The criminals began to panic as they heard the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching as they encountered a metal chain link fence.

“Oh no! We’re trapped, like rats!” Mary yelled in her soft New Jersey accent as they came to a grinding halt.

“By the time we both get over that fence the fuzz will be houndin’ our tails. We need a distraction and fast.” Hal said as he began thinking of different ways to get rid of their trail, thankfully, one was immediately obvious.

“Sorry toots.” Hal spoke softly as he raised the .38 slightly. Before Mary could react Hal had pulled the trigger, the bullet ripping through her leg causing her to collapse in agony. Given the chance to escape and with the knowledge that time was of the essence, Hal began jumping the fence.

The screams of his girl and the sound of police chatter put a smile on Hal’s face, he could get away with the robbery and keep her share of the money, some might say, he had his cake and ate it too. Alas his victory was short lived as he smacked into a brick wall, he was at a dead end.

“Shit!” Hal screamed, “I can’t go back to the slamma’ I just can’t.” Hal panicked and nearly broke down, he knew for sure that they’d rip him apart a in prison. Hal began praying to whatever celestial being would answer. “Please! You gotta’ get me outta’ here!”

Before his very eyes a swirling vortex appeared with hues of black, blue, red, and yellow. With wide eyes Hal silently thanked whatever had given him this opportunity to escape, and jumped into the vortex hoping it was actually an escape route.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hal was thrown out of the swirling vortex and into the same dead end. Hal tried to shake the rising fogginess out of his head but failed, he sat with his back against the brick wall and had begun freaking out again.

“N-no! You c-can’t do this to me!” Hal stuttered, he raised his .38 with shaky hands and aimed it at the end of the alley. With an itchy trigger finger and rising paranoia Hal waited, expecting every moment to be his last. Time passed like treacle, slowly burning through his nerves -- amazingly, nobody rounded the corner. This calmed him somewhat, and he tried to listen over the pounding of his heart; was there actually anyone there? Hal began to calm down as no one had approached him yet.

“Maybe they left? I can’t be getting all scatterbrained like this, I still need a way out.” Hal muttered to nobody in particular before Lowering his firearm and drawing himself to his full height, Hal sensed something was off -- the buildings! They were... Shorter? It hardly seemed possible, but maybe he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings while running for his life. Everything was also slightly more colorful than the dark, grime filled streets he was at only moments ago.

Hal wandered down the alleyway observing his surroundings. Surely they hadn't been this vibrant before? Had the vortex made him taller and given him super-senses? Maybe he had superpowers now.

Hal tried many things to see if he had indeed gotten superpowers only to look foolish and stopped with a small pout. Hal finally jumped the fence and checked for any bulls, dicks, or any other type of law enforcement or investigators.
Hals mind began flooding with smoke and fog, he couldn’t think straight and something strange was happening to him.

A mare took an unfortunate route as she seemed to get stuck between a wall and some sort of big, crazy, hairless creature who looked at her in a fit of frenzy.

“What da fuck!” Hal yelled as this small technicolor horse with wings entered his sights, in a frenzy he aimed his .38 at the mare, but something had stopped him.

“Please don’t hurt me!” the mare said shockingly as the creature before her began yelling, “Here Take it!” she threw her coin purse hoping it would satisfy the creature like it would a diamond dog. “Take anything, just don’t hurt me!” she finished with tears forming in her eyes.

Hal began seeing more images in the fog of his brain, his body felt off, he felt stronger as a sudden burst of adrenaline had hit him, something else was wrong though as he stared down. Hal had pitched a tent in his pants with blood flowing fast through his whole body, Hal needed relief fast he felt as if he’d explode if he didn’t.

“Anything eh?” Hal said with a smirk forming on his lips. The mare began to look horrified as the creature in front of her began to undo the buckle and zipper of his pants, his smile ever widening showing his slightly sharper teeth.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mare was in the hospital, it had been ten months since that beast had used her for his own needs, she never wanted to be in this position. She wanted to be a big journalist in the Big Apple, Manehattan. But one random gust of wind had thrown her down a miserable future, blowing those reports down the alleyway that ruined her life.

The mare was now at the end of her pregnancy, she never wanted this life, this child, the abuse, or even the attention of the news that she had worked so hard in to do what she loved. It was all gone now, she could never recover from this, but she sure would try.

The newborn’s screams could be heard in the room as the doctors gasped and fainted, all except a doctor with a strange fur coat and yellow eyes, he calmly and coolly delivered the newborn. The sight disgusted the staff, the abomination that was released from the poor mares body. It looked like her attacker, completely naked, no fur, a short brown mane, black eyes, and short black wings. It was half whatever he was and half pegasus, it was an abomination, but the law of equestria forbade her of getting rid of the child as it was a male, a colt.

The strange ratio of male to female had now made her keep this child she never wanted, all because it was male. The mare knew life was going to be tough from now on, it was going to be tough because she knew no one was going to help her, she had to face this problem on her own accord.

As she held the newborn hybrid, she cried her eyes out as the snap and flash of a camera went off. She could see the headline already…

“Local News Mare Gives Birth To Monster”

Author's Note:

This might take me a long while to complete. My cover artist and my proof reader seemed to have taken a year off, as I have as well. But now I guess it's just me. Anyway I hope you have enjoyed this chapter. The rest is on Gdocs and I have absolutely no internet, yay...