• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,988 Views, 16 Comments

Hugs, Cuddles, and more Hugs - Stevie The Dragon



Spike is going to get quite a surprise as strange events occur and the power of being hugged is unleashed!

  • ...
0
 16
 1,988

Chapter 2: Dreaming

"Spike you look stuffed, you really shouldn't eat anymore...hey, don't eat to mu-" THWUMP Dark, that's all that could be described with how things looked right now.

Spike looked around, his mind feeling foggy as he sat on the pitch black ground, he let out a groan and got up and stretched. "What happened?" He said as he looked around. is eyes eventually fell across a strange yet familiar door in the pitch blackness, he looked at it as it felt like it seemed to call to him. He took a step towards the door, and another step, and another step.

"Stop!" Said a loud yet recognizable voice as the door then disappeared. He looked around for the source of the voice and looked up, what he saw above him was a dark blue Alicorn who floated down from who knows where, landing on the ground with a majestic pose. Spike quickly recognized her as Luna, the princess of the night, attempting to bow to her properly, but only to end up falling on his scaly behind. Luna chuckled at his attempts.

"Princess Luna!" He said with a stammer in his voice. "What are you doing here? What is this place? Why is it so dark? Where-" He was stopped when Luna put a hoof on his mouth and proceeded to give him a warm comforting hug. Spike blushed as Luna chuckled, amused.

"You have so many questions Spike, you truly are quite young so I guess I should have expected you to assault me with questions." Luna said with a smile.

Spike rubbed the back of his Scaly head. "Yeah um, sorry about that, can you still answer my questions?" He asked politely.

"Of coarse." Said Luna as she began to lay on the ground. "The reason I came here is to protect you from that door which I will explain in a bit. This place is actually your dreams, right now you are dreaming. It is dark because you have not imagined anything to put in your dream. Another reason I came here is because I wanted a friend to talk to. Now, about the door." She paused to catch her breath. "Spike, first can you imagine this place as a nice grassy hill right outside of Ponyville?" She requested.

"Well uh, I guess I can try." Said Spike. He closed his eyes and instantly they were sitting on a nice grassy hill right outside of Ponyville, just like Luna had requested. A nice breeze gently blowed against them with birdsong in the air. "Woah..." Said Spike in awe.

"You are good with imagination." Said Luna with a smile, she then gained a serious expression. "Now about that door, do you remember King Sombra?" Asked Luna.

Spike gulped. "How could I forget." Said Spike as a shiver of fear went down his spine. Luna put a comforting hoof on his back and gently hugged him against her as she continued.

"Well, that door is from the bad section of memories in your memory bank, which is located in your head of coarse. I would like to ask why you specifically thought of that door Spike." Said Luna with a concerned expression on her face.

"Well...I guess it's about...Twilight." Said Spike as he was now holding his tail nervously, his ears and spines drooping.

"What about her?" Asked Luna.

"Well..." Spike sighed looking at his feet, the background with Ponyville remained the same. "I'm worried that I might do something wrong, mess something up or get her angry at me, i'm worried she might send me away. I mean, she is a princess...so she has all this magic and guards and...ponies to help her, what if I can't help her? What if i'm just...useless?" Said Spike sadly, hugging his tail.

"Oh dearest Spike, you aren't useless, not at all." Said Luna as she hugged him a bit tighter, her wings wrapping around him like a dark blue fuzzy cocoon. "You aren't useless at all. Do you Remember the tale of the two sisters? How one sister grew jealous of another? Well your situation in a way is like that, except you don't feel useless, just sad and left out." She continued hugging Spike, gently rocking back and fourth.

"Luna...are you saying Twilight and I are related?" Asked Spike.

Luna went wide eyed with shock. "Surely you two share a family relationship?" She asked, puzzled.

"Well, I kinda always thought I have been her best friend and number one assistant." Said Spike as he held his tail.

Luna sighed and smiled. "Dearest Spike, I can assure you that your relationship with Twilight is much closer than you think." Said Luna. "Now, do you know why you are asleep?" She asked.

"Well um, no i'm not sure why i'm asleep." Said Spike.

"Well." Said Luna. "Shortly after eating many many pancakes you fell into a food coma, you have yet to wake up." She said with a smile.

"Oh yeah? And what makes you think it was food that caused the problem? I'm not that fat." Whined Spike

Luna giggled. "Well, take a look at your stomach."

"Yeah what abo-" Spike was cut short when he saw his own belly, it looked quite round and stuffed and had seemed to have followed him into his dreams as he began to blush immensely. Suddenly the sky began to turn white as everything began to fade. "Whats happening?" Said Spike, confused and scared.

"Your simply waking up, but let me warn you, you might have a tummy ache when you wake up." Said Luna as she hugged him slightly tighter while slightly smiling. "We will talk later Spike." Said Luna.

"One more question Luna, how did you know I ate pancakes?" Asked Spike.

"I simply talked to Twilight." Said Luna.

And then Spike woke up.

Author's Note:

Welp, that's chapter two, hope you liked it, I sure do love the positive feedback. :twilightblush: