• Published 30th Aug 2016
  • 381 Views, 22 Comments

STAR-BOUND (Complete.) - QueenMegumin



Sky Ranger, and a planet full of ponies. Will he come home? (Inspired by Starfall)

  • ...
8
 22
 381

Bubblegum And Cupcake

Bubblegum and Cupcake were relaxing on Bubblegum's brand new airship, Bubblegum and Cupcake both decided to call it CAB. Standing for Cupcake and Bubblegum. Equipped with multiple propellers and some good old magic from Cupcake, with multiple amounts of food and storage, including a separate bedrooms for both Bubblegum and Cupcake. Then, a scroll magically appeared right in front of Cupcake.

"Oooh, Hey Bubblegum! theres a piece of paper here!" said Cupcake while jumping up and down.

"What piece of paper?" Bubblegum said, looking at manuals for ideas to add to the airship.

"THIS ONE!" Cupcake said enthusiastically while waving the scroll in Bubblegum's face. With a quick peel of the sticker holding the scroll together, Bubblegum read the scroll, while Cupcake peered over her shoulder and mane.

"Its from Princess Celestia, she wants us to-" Bubblegum said before being interrupted by Cupcake.

"OOH! EXPLORE!" Shouted Cupcake, jumping with excitement.

"Yeah, that." So Bubblegum grabbed the wheel and turned the airship towards the Everfree Forest.


I double checked, and all of the remaining ship parts that fell off were stored safely in the ship’s storage compartment.

“Hey, APS, are you there?”

“I’m always here.”

“Can we at least takeoff?”

“Yes.” So, at least I could takeoff, and explore the rest of the planet.

“APS, start the engines, and activate the distress beacon.” Hopefully they can send some sort of ship nearby us. I cant really stay here, Even though the air is breathable, it isn't exactly healthy for me. So every now and then I have to wear my helmet to stay alive and not be sick from this weird planet air.

“I’ve already activated the distress beacon, currently we still have no signal.” Damn. Looks like I'm going to be here for a long time.


Bubblegum was busy steering the ship into the right direction, while Cupcake ran around the deck in joy.

"YAY! ADVENTURE!" Cupcake shouted, bouncing up.

"If you keep doing that you might fall off the side." Bubblegum said, too busy watching where the ship was going.

"Bubblegum! whats that giant thingy?" Cupcakes said, Pointing her hoof over the side of the deck. It was a massive amount of smoke, perhaps from this monster that crash landed into Equestria.

"Its a massive pile of smoke and charred metal, Cupcake."

"Smells like Muffins!" Cupcake said, jumping up and down, then falling off the deck, thankfully Bubblegum planned for this, and brung the ship closer to the ground. "Ow!" Cupcake said, twisting her hoof.

"I would say, told you so, but this thing is more important." Bubblegum said, bringing down the plank of wood to leave the CAB without jumping off it.

"Hey Bubblegum! Whats this?" Cupcake found some sort of.. Steam Engine? it was incredibly high tech, more then even the things Bubblegum created. Which are better then any other pony could create.

"Well, its some sort of.. I don't really know exactly, How about we take it to the princess?"

"OOH, I GET TO USE MAGIC! YAY!" Cupcake said, jumping up and down with joy, so Cupcake used her "Magic" to bring the giant piece of metal onto the airship.

"Now, to Canterlot!"


"Aps, are all systems alright?"

"Well, the cockpit isn't pressurised, all systems seem to be delayed, and were missing our pulse drive. Other then that were okay." Dammit. I forgot to grab the Pulse Drive, without it it would take years to reach the nearest starship even if one of them arrived. Without it

"We need to head back." I was already starting to panic, it could be unstable and without it, I'm going to die.


"Bubblegum!" Cupcake said, jumping in joy

"What is it now Cupcake." Bubblegum said, then sighed.

"Whats that giant thing going back to where we found this?" Cupcake was pointing to the giant metal cylinder.

"Oh." Bubblegum looked towards the vehicle that was heading back down towards the area where they found the ship part. "Send a scroll to Princess Celestia, im going in." Bubblegum jumped over the side, leaving Cupcake to wander around her airship.


"Its gone." Dammit, it must of been taken by the native wildlife, looks like I'm going to need the SVU. "APS, deploy the SVU."

"Copy that-" Movement. Rustling of bushes nearby the landing zone. "Deploying SVU"

"Shh. Theres movement." I quickly opened the canopy, grabbing the small blast pistol used for mainly small wildlife, but its the only thing I had then, and that thing in the bushes didn't seem small. "Hello?" I said, looking around for any more movement, then I saw some sort of. Yellow tail? I pointed my small blaster near the area.

"Systems are operational. Please hop in before you hurt yourself." So thats what I did, I quickly hopped into the Aphelion, and kept a eye out for something else that could be out there. And just like that, we were out of there.


Bubblegum was hiding in the bushes, watching this thing and its every move. "Hello?" the thing said, trying to keep perfectly still. Bubblegum was incredibly shocked from its design, it wasn't from Equestria, it was a completely different thing. Thankfully the thing left in its vehicle.

"That, was slighty terrifying." Bubblegum said, Thankfully Bubblegum had taken some photos, some proof to show to Princess Celestia. "Now, back to Canterlot."

"I sent a message to Celestia! Shes sending the royal guard!" Cupcake said.

"Thats just great, I found something cool and the Royal Guards are coming to take it from me."

"Oh No!" Cupcake said, looking sorta displeased.

"Anyway, lets bring this back to Canterlot. Even though we are above the air, the Evergreen Forest still scares me."

"That was fun!" Cupcake said, beginning to jump up and down again in joy.

"Yeah, I guess it was." Bubblegum said, too busy keeping the ship steady, she doesn't want to damage her new ship.

Author's Note:

Stay Tuned for Chapter 4!
EDIT: Go check out the next chapter! It is Complete!