• Published 30th Aug 2016
  • 384 Views, 22 Comments

STAR-BOUND (Complete.) - QueenMegumin



Sky Ranger, and a planet full of ponies. Will he come home? (Inspired by Starfall)

  • ...
8
 22
 384

The Star Rangers

Lights Flashing. Alarms Beeping.
Just a normal day of a Star Ranger.

I was reading a book, not just your normal story, but a instruction manual for my sorta new ship. The Aphelion. Custom built with dual Pulse engines, plasma cannons and a custom-made AI. But the alarm system was malfunctioning. So after a quick peek at the manual, I flipped a few switches and with a flick of a hand, the alarms and sirens were off. "I need to get that fixed" I sighed. I looked at the small display screen in the middle of the control panel. It said I was about 300,000 Kilometers from Earths' surface. And showed a neat picture of the planet I was currently on.

"Sky, are you there?" my speaker bleeped at me.

"All fine here, Control." I replied, Damn control tower, never letting me have some quiet time, at least I might get some on this planet I'm about to explore. "I'm just, doing some extra check ups."

"Well, we heard a alarm going off, what was going on about that?"

"Nothing." It was nothing, just a system error.

"Well, your cleared for undocking." Finally, time to leave this damn space station and pulse drive to Saturn's Warp Gate.

"Copy that Control, undocking now." Of course, I'm always scared of undocking, one time I nearly blew off my airlock from it. Hopefully this time that won't happen. "Undocking successful, see you around, Ranger." And just like that, I was out.

After a quick checkup, I was ready to jump towards Saturn. I flipped a lever, turning on the AI. "Good morning Sky" She replied.

"Morning Aps." I said quickly, still fiddling with the controls. Ah, A.P.S, Standing for Automated Piloting System, custom built by yours truly. The AI core is embedded into the ship, making it not a easy target, including if they take out the pilot, Aka me.

"I've checked all systems and we are ready to jump, please buckle up, I don't want you banging your head again." APS replied. Damn AI, making lots of jokes, at least she's better company then Control. As soon as I buckled up, APS turned on the warp drive and we started heading towards Saturn. Of course, we had system problems.

Although I've had constant system checks. we always seem to fail. "WARNING, SYSTEM FAILURES" APS shouted at me, damn AI. With the god damn warp drive, felt like the I was on a broken roller coaster. Nearly Vomited, but once the damn warp drive ended and we arrived towards the Saturn station. A fully automated station with multiple docking ports, two hangars for repairs, and a full on bar.

"Just what I needed" I said, hearing APS sigh. Thank god this mission is quick, otherwise I'd be stuck with her, I swear, I'm changing her P.S. (Personality System) later.

"I'm preparing to dock" APS said. And she lied to me, of course i had to take control, she was using all of her processing power playing her video games, of course I was going to remove that, because one slip up and I could damage my ship and the station. But I let her do her thing. But next time she's flying. After a nearly unsuccessful dock I was able to hop out of my ship and get that beer I wanted, but like always, APS rushes me, even though shes playing "Games". After I finished my beer, I was able to hop into my Next-Gen Hi-Tech P.R.A.W.N. Mobility Suit. It comes with the ship, including the S.V.U, the Small Vehicle Unit. Its just a Hi-Tech motorcycle, but the name sounds cool. "I've had a check through the system, and I didn't find any errors in the system" APS said.

"Maybe you were too busy playing your games." I heard her sigh when i said that. Of course that made me smirk. I always enjoy making her annoyed at me, every time she sighs, I know I must of done something to piss her off. Anyway, we undocked without any issues, and headed a few kilometres from the station towards the massive warp gate. Filled to the brim with control stations, missile launchers, plasma and laser cannons, including the massive colony built inside of it. One shot from one of those cannons and my ship would become a piece of floating scrap in the middle of space, including no clue what would happen to me, I guess I might just become a piece of human jerky. It seemed that a massive dreadnought had come by recently, with the mass of small towing ships just docking back onto the gate. "APS, we good to go?" No response, of course, she was playing her damn games. With the mass amount of power that has to be pushed into my ship at the right time, I could slip up and destroy my entire ship. The AI core should be doing this, but i'm more "professional" then that. of course, I had to talk to the control here.

"Ship, Identify yourself."

"This is Sky Ranger of the SR Aphelion, requesting a warp to.." Dammit. what was the planet called again?

"Warp to?" Control replied.

"Star 047854."

"Copy that, good luck out there Ranger, and we'll see you in a few hours."

"Copy that". Thank god I'm getting payed for this mission, its not easy just heading to a planet and heading back, on the way you can encounter Sentinels, pirates and massive alien lifeforms. Thank god for mining. otherwise i'll have to constantly refuel at the nearest fuel stations.

"APS, start up the warp drive." I said, clipping my belt, so I won't hit my head into the canopy and send the ship into the depths of space. "Requesting external power into the hyperdrive, over."

"This is Control, launching your hyperdrive in 3, 2, 1, Warp." And then, the mass amount of force pushed onto me is almost devastating, without protection it could rip my ship and myself to shreds, and then I'll be some cooled human noodles warping into space, well, that was what I thought was going to happen when I heard the alarms going off.

"WARNING WARNING" APS screamed from the speaker, the entire ship shook, and I thought that was it, I was a goner.

Author's Note:

As you probably know, this is the ship from Ratchet and Clank. The Aphelion.

Well, looks like Sky isnt having a good day. well, i need to continue the story, and hurry up getting to the small ponies. Im still deciding what to call the planet, but i think im going to stick with Equest, of course the planet won't be named until Sky names it.