• Published 12th Feb 2017
  • 506 Views, 2 Comments

Black Lies, Green Fire - Paradox the Wierdo



Discord had lived in Galactium Castle for as long as he can remember. But when he encounters a creature connected to his past, his world changes forever.

  • ...
 2
 506

Chapter I - 10 years later

10 years later…

The sleepy draconequus slowly opened his eyes, yawning, and casually rolled off the bed. The floorboards emitted a large thud under his weight. Remembering where he was, he glanced at the old grandfather clock that rested againt the far wall. Discord had always found the equal ticking annoying and had even thought about throwing it out the window and seeing how old Starry would react. The ancient wood read that it was quarter to ten. He was late, again. Cursing, he clicked his fingers and his bed garments changed to a white shirt and some black pants, grey socks. Discord thought for a second and clicked his fingers. The right sock was now green and the left, purple. ‘Better’ he thought, smirking. He put on his boots, hiding the mismatching socks, and ran out of the room.

***

He slowed down before the polished oak doors leading to the dining hall, catching his breath. Taking another deep breath for luck, he pushed open the oak doors and waltzed into the great room. There, at a table set of white marble sat King Orion with Lulu and Celesta. Discord bowed mockingly as Orion lifted a white brow.

“You’re late” the navy blue stallion said, obviously unimpressed by the draconequus’ fondness for lateness. Discord rolled his eyes and sat down beside Celestia, who giggled at his behavior. Orion coughed again and the two quickly stopped their giggling. Discord snapped fingers again before him appeared a beautiful cup of chocolate milk. Discord sighed in admiration, lifted it up to his lips and was just about to take a tiny sip when another cough rang out. Discord sighed and put the cup down. “How many times have I told you?” Orion said, motioning over to the cup. “No chaotic magic in the castle-”

“-Unless you are given permission,” Discord finished off, grumbling. “I know that.”

“Then follow the rules,” Orion said, levitating up his cup of tea. Discord sighed again, snapped his fingers, making the cup of chocolate milk disappear. Sulking, he started to make himself some tea instead. “Only ten in the morning and I have already annoyed Orion. Congrats.” Discord muttered to himself. Even though he enjoyed annoying King Orion, it wouldn’t do well with Celestia, who was always nagging him to go easy on her father.

Discord had lived in Galactium Castle for 10 since he had miraculously appeared at their door. All he could remember before then was a pair of deep emerald eyes. He knew neither whose eyes they were nor where he had seen them. A soft, melodious voice interrupted his thinking as he turned around to find a different, lilac pair of eyes looking into his. Discord grinned.

“So, do you want to practice in the Cobalt Room* or something?” Celestia asked timidly.

“I would be very much obliged” he replied standing up and together they exited the dining hall, hoof in hoof- or rather, paw in hoof.

***

The sound of weapons clashing against each other echoed across the training hall where Queen Impostura of the Changeling Empire was drilling her youngest daughter. Commands were being yelled and Chrysalis was obeying them, fulfilling them against a team. Hot and bothered, she carried on, using her anger and tiredness as a fuel for battle. As she zaps away the last soldier, her mother flew down from the stalls and landed gracefully before the already kneeling, sweating princess.

“You have done very well, daughter of mine,” said Queen Impostura, motioning for Chrysalis to stand up. Once she does so, the Queen continues her discussion. “As future queen, you must be able to defend the territories of your hive and as you are good at the battlegrounds, you have much to learn about orienteering. You are free for the rest of the day to leave the castle and to make notes of your surroundings outside of the empire. I trust you will not get lost like you did when you were a child.”

“No mother, I will not,” Chrysalis said, eagerly shaking her head.

“I hope not,” the Queen continued. “You are dismissed.”

Chrysalis nodded and bowed again, attempting to hide her excitement. She flew off in a hurry, leaving the old queen staring peculiarly after her. She sighed at started walking back to her chambers.

‘Relax,’ she thought. ‘I have trained her well so now even her heart cannot accept love. She is a true heir to the throne, not like her sister…’

Author's Note:

That's all for this chapter, guys. :pinkiehappy: Sorry it's a bit on the short side. Please review so I can know what you guys think! :pinkiesmile: Until the next chapter! :twilightsmile:
---
*Cobalt is the only substance that magic is unable to alter.

Comments ( 1 )

He's against chocolate milk?! Down with king Orion the tyrant!

Uh-huh, Queenie, I wouldn't be so certain of that.

'for a second and clicked his fingers' - and snapped his fingers again

'Discord snapped fingers again before him appeared a beautiful cup of chocolate milk' - snapped his fingers again and a beautiful cup of chocolate milk appeared before him

'Discord sighed again, snapped his fingers' - again and snapped

'for 10 since' - 10 years since

'as a fuel for' - as fuel for

'As she zaps away the last soldier' - zapped

'Once she does so' - did

'As future queen' - As a future queen

'and as you are good at the battlegrounds' - and as good as you are on the battleground

'you have much to learn about orienteering' - orientation

'and to make notes' - and make notes

'She sighed at started' - sighed and started

Login or register to comment