• Published 18th Aug 2016
  • 1,212 Views, 12 Comments

Battle of the Kings - TyrannosaurusVenom



Dragons are notorious creatures, but kings are a whole different story.

  • ...
6
 12
 1,212

Called By a Lord

On that fateful day, the dinosaurs were enjoying a nice relaxing picnic in the fields with the Mane Six and their sisters. One of the best parts about no longer having to hide and being accepted into Ponyville was that the dinosaurs could go on peaceful get-togethers with the Elements of Harmony. It made all the trouble that Black Death and Scootaloo's parents had caused worth the effort. Anypony that saw the picnic would've described it as one big family.

Charlie was playing around with Applebloom and Applejack, and playfully chase them through the fields. Echo played with Sweetie Belle while Delta kept Rarity company. Blue chose to relax by Tyrannosaurus and Fluttershy and felt herself drifting in and out of sleep. Indominus was resting his head by Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow and Scootaloo while enjoying some nice apples. They truly looked like a family that couldn't be torn apart.

"It's moments like these that make all the drama we've dealt with seem worth it, huh Indominus," Twilight said to the hybrid.

"Well Twilight, I have to admit I do miss getting to fight all the monsters that tried to attack Equestria. But here, we get to be with all of you."

"I don't think we would have it any other way, right Blue," T-Rex asked the calm raptor.

"You said it Rexy, this is the best life I could wish for."

"Just think, you and Rainbow Dash will be tying the knot someday," said Pinkie.

"I know, and then you'll have the family you've needed Scoots." Rainbow said while playfully ruffling Scootaloo's mane. Scootaloo just snuggled against her true sister in delight.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash, but this is already the family I've needed. We don't need any written document to prove it. Just as long as we'll be there for each other when it really counts."

"Always Scootaloo."

The afternoon continued to move along smoothly and pleasantly, when Twilight began hearing a distant beating of wings. She looked into the sky to see if any of the raptors were flying, but they were all on the ground. Then it sounded like the wing beats were slowly getting louder.

"Everypony, do you hear that?"

The others perked their heads up and heard the same wing beats that Twilight was hearing. Suddenly, the raptors all got up and began snarling at the air. Tyrannosaurus and Indominus tried sniffing to see if they could pick up what had alarmed Blue and her girls so much. Once they picked up on the scent, the dinosaurs all moved in a circle around the Mane Six.

"What's going on Indominus? What are all of you smelling?"

"Dragons Twilight, there are dragons heading this way."

The gang looked into the sky and spotted the black silhouettes of dragons heading their way. The dinosaurs prepared themselves for an all out brawl, but as the dragons drew closer, Indominus and Tyrannosaurus recognized them. As the dragons touched down in front of them, the dinosaurs knew exactly who they were. They were the exact same dragons that had helped them in taking down Black Death so many months ago.

Both dinosaurs and ponies relaxed once they recognized these particular dragons. The white, green and dark blue dragons all stepped forward calmly as the dinosaurs walked over to greet them.

"Long time no see brothers, it's been too long."

"I'll say it has." Hearing Indominus talk took all three dragons by surprise.

"S-Since when have you all been able to talk," the white dragon stammered.

"Since a few months ago," Blue answered. "So, what are you guys doing here?"

"Well for one, we're not here to eat your friends so they are welcome to join this conversation if they want," the dark blue dragon said.

Tyrannosaurus motioned for the ponies to join them. The all climbed onto T-Rex and Indominus's bodies to get a better look. Rarity and Applejack stayed close to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, not taking any chances. Rainbow and Scootaloo stood atop their respective dinosaur's heads, and the dragons took notice.

"It's good to see all of you getting along so well," the green dragon said after noticing the sisters.

"We're a lot closer than you boys think." The green dragon's eyes went wide when he spotted the Arkenstone around Rainbow's neck.

"Did he really pick out that amazing ring for you?"

"I sure did, but that's besides the point. Why did you boys come all the way out here?"

"Oh right. The reason why we've come here is to give you all a message from our king."

"Your king!?" Indominus didn't think that dragons even had a king, so this was a surprise to him.

"The dragon Lord heard of how the dinosaurs defeated Black Death?"

"That is correct young alicorn, our king heard of their accomplishment and has asked us to bring them to our land."

The dark blue dragon spoke to Indominus and Tyrannosaurus next.

"He has requested an audience with all of you and wants to see your fighting prowess for himself."

The white dragon noticed that the dinosaurs were looking at the ponies nervously. He had a good idea of what they were thinking about. When Indominus spoke, his suspicions were confirmed.

"Will our friends be able to tag along and see what your king has in mind for us?"

"Why of course, I'll make it my personal responsibility that nothing happens to them. After all, we still owe you Guardians for giving us our freedom."

Blue and her sister leaped onto the rexes' backs to ask the Mane Six.

"What do you say girls? Will you accompany us to the land of the dragons?"

The girls thought about it, and even though they were sure that Fluttershy would try to back out, she agreed. Since the dragons had promised them safety, she felt reassured that nothing would happen to them. Thus the decision was unanimous, the Mane Six agreed to join the dinosaurs on their journey to the dragons' domain. The group took off with the three dragons guiding the way, neither the ponies nor the dinosaurs knew what would be waiting for them at the dragon lands. They would be meeting a king whose fighting prowess would put Black Death to shame.