• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 4,500 Views, 374 Comments

Champion of the Sun - Onomonopia



Luna and Celestia try to stop the wrath of a mad man with the aid of a Megaman.

  • ...
20
 374
 4,500

News Report

As the elevators doors dinged open, Geo took in a quick breath to steady his nerves. 'It's been a week since they thought I had died. The three days I was out and the four that I trained with Celestia and Sonia. And aside from Lee, they found out about me being alive through the news. They've got to be beyond mad at me.'

Geo walked towards the main lobby by himself, having asked his friends to stay behind so that he could talk with them by himself. He found his parents sitting in a pair of seats by the desk. Or rather, his dad was sitting while his mom was practically throttling the guard to get by him. The abuse of the security stopped when Hope laid her eyes on her son. Geo had tried to raise a hand to greet her before she was tackled by his mother, feeling his bones crunch as his mother held him tight.

"You're alive...you're safe," she sobbed as she held him close, falling to her knees as she did so. Geo didn't know what to say to her, but he was saved from saying anything when his dad stood up and walked over to the both of them. Kelvin Stelar looked like a taller, more buff version of Geo, with even his hair looking the same as his sons. He said nothing, but gave his son a soft smile before he too knelt down and hugged both his son and wife.

"Come on you guys, bring it together!" Mega said as he materialized next to the family, hugging Geo from behind far tighter than his mother had been. Geo struggled and managed to break free of everyone's grasp, breathing heavily when he found he could finally breath again.

"Hey mom. Hey dad," Geo said with a small chuckle, not sure what to say to them. "Glad to see you guys."

"Geo Stelar," his mother said in a tone that was usually followed by Geo being grounded for eternity. "I know that you are a hero. I know that you are a member of the Satella Police. But I want answers and I want them right now."

Geo, Kelvin and Mega all knew that when she said something in that kind of tone there was no arguing with her. The group sat down and for about thirty minutes Geo explained to his parents what had been going on, both of them losing any traces of anger towards the teen as they were informed of what was going on.

"So it's another world ending threat, huh? But this time he's already destroyed a world," Kelvin said with a sigh before he clenched his fists.

"No dad. It's nothing like before," Geo said in a voice that was dead serious, so serious that both his mother and father looked at him with some surprise. "You guys don't get it. Maestro's power is beyond anything Mega and I have ever fought. He treated us like we were nothing and crushed us with ease. I know that you saw us beat him on the news, but the only reason we were able to was because we combined with Celestia and she added our power to hers."

"I vouch for the kid on this one. We might have gotten lucky against the Maestro last time, but he ain't gone. Beings as evil as him never stay dead," Mega snarled. Hope sighed as she clasped her hands together and stared at the ground, leaving the other three to wait in silence for what she was going to say.

"Stay close to Ace and don't get in over your head," she said at last, lifting her head to reveal a face that was both conflicted and proud. "I would love to tell you to not get involved, but even if I tried to shelter you from this it won't protect you. The only way you will be safe is if this monster is dealt with once and for all. So you have my approval to fight in this fight, but only if you promise that you will come back safe."

"I pro...I promise that I'll come back alive," Geo said with a grim face, leaving his mother confused. "This is the Maestro, mom. I can promise alive, but I can't promise safe. Not against him."

"I...can live with that," Hope said, not sounding too happy about what Geo had said. Kelvin then walked over to Geo and placed his hands on his sons shoulder, looking down at him with pride.

"Son...you're the hero of the world. But that doesn't mean you have to do this alone. Your friends will be your greatest allies in this fight," Kelvin reminded Geo.

"I've got it dad. Friends are the only reason that I survived the Maestro in the first place," Geo said with a laugh, before he looked at the elevator when it opened and revealed a Luna Platz that was beyond pissed. "And they might just be the death of me. Hey Luna, what's the matter?"

"Come with me!" Luna roared at Geo as she grabbed hold of the back of his collar and dragged him into the elevator. Geo extended a hand towards his parents for help, but they waved at him with a pair of large, but also slightly scared, smiles. She slammed a fist into a button and the doors shut faster than Geo had ever seen before, apparently as scared of her as Geo was.

"Um, is something the matter?" Geo asked Luna, who replied with a snarl that would have terrified tigers. Geo shut his mouth and stared at a stain in the corner of the elevator, able to feel the anger radiating from Luna. The door opened to the floor that Luna had punched and without wasting a moment she grabbed Geo by the ear, dragging him out of the elevator and into a room where the rest of the Commandoes were waiting.

"What's going on?" he asked the others when he found them sitting in numerous seats, all of them wearing the same expression that he was wearing. Luna forced him to sit down in-between Bud and Sonia, neither of who looked at him and kept their eyes forward. A blank screen was all that Geo could look at as he kept his head straight forward, before Luna picked up a remote and pointed it at the screen.

"Care to explain this?" she half snarled as she turned on the news, pressing a button and rewinding it back to the start of a topic.

"...and for those of you that have been cowering in fear because of recent events, there is no longer need to hide. Megaman, the hero of the world, is still alive," one of the wizard newscaster said.

"The hero, who was believed to be dead after a horrible battle with some kind of metal man last week, was found battling with that same creature at the studio in the north. The only difference was that this fight went incredibly differently," the second wizard said as footage of Megaman in his Solar Knight form was battling Maestro, the footage collected from one of the reporters that had retained enough sense to film the battle.

"Whatever happened to Megaman between the two battles, we may never know, but it seems that Megaman is in a fight to save the world once again. But this reporter is simply glad to say that Megaman, our hero, is back and stronger than ever."

"Well that was nice of them," Geo said with a kind smile as he looked up at Luna, who glared down at him in reply. "What's the matter with that? It's just a nice piece telling people that Megaman isn't dead.

"Keep. Watching."

"And in other news...are Megaman and the celebrity singer Sonia Strumm dating?" Geo whipped his head back to the TV fast enough to give him whiplash. "Recent words spoken by the blue bomber may seem to indicate that the two may be closer than anyone would have thought. During his battle with the metal man, Megaman said this-"

"After what you did to MY friends?! MY Sonia?! MY WORLD?!" Megaman roared on the screen as the fires raged around him, but at that moment Geo felt a rage that blazed with far more intensity and destruction than the fires that his ultimate form had created beside him, one that kept him from looking to his left.

"My Sonia, huh? Not many people get to call her that," one of the wizard newscaster said with a chuckle. "Well we have speculated for a while that Sonia Strumm may be in a relationship, but until now no one could figure out who."

"But Megaman doesn't seem to come as too much as a surprise, actually. After all, Sonia has in the past said that she is a huge fan of Megaman and Megaman himself-"

Luna shut the TV off at that moment, leaving the room they were sitting in deathly silent. None of the teenagers dared to look at the Prez, who was glaring daggers at the two EM champions that stared forward at the blank TV while doing their best to control their reddening faces.

"My Sonia, huh?" Luna finally said in a voice that sounded like the end of the world, causing Geo to close his eyes and make peace with death. "Quite a specific choice of words there, wouldn't you say, Geo?"

"Luna, I know what you are thinking. But this isn't what it seems like," Geo said very calmly and very thought out as he slowly lifted his hands up incase he needed to defend himself. "I had just transformed into a new form. I had merged with a new ally and was getting used to working with her. I was fighting with the villain that nearly killed all of us. I lost myself in my emotions and unleashed all of my rage towards the Maestro. Even I'm not sure what I was saying until after I said it. It didn't mean anything or imply anything special."

Luna's face showed that she was no closer to calming down then she was before Geo's explanation, but a moment later the door to the room opened and Ace walked inside. "Alright everyone, we may have a plan of action for how to deal with the spheres, but it will be a few days before we can put it into motion. So my next set of orders for you are-"

"Can this wait a moment? We are in the middle of something," Luna snarled with an intensity that made all four of the other teenagers sit up straight in their seats, all of them watching the confrontation out of the corner of their eyes. Ace stared down at the wrath that flashed in Luna's eyes, before he let out a laugh and lightly tapped his holo-board on the top of her head.

"You think a look like that scares me, Luna? I'm married. You're going to have to try a lot harder than that to get anywhere close to Tia's death glare," Ace said before he glanced down at his board again. "Geo, I've talked with Celestia and we both agree that it would be best if the two of you stick close to one another incase the Maestro shows up again. Better safe than sorry."

"Yeah, I can see why we should do that," Geo agreed, before he realized something. "But is she really willing to leave her sister? Or is she expecting me to stay here?"

"We've already figured out a solution to that. Sonia will be staying with Luna until she has recovered enough to leave WAZA," Ace replied, getting Geo to look at the smiling Sonia.

"When Celestia and I were talking, she talked a lot about her sister. She sounded really cool from Celestia's stories and I wanted to meet her. Not to mention that the place I was staying at was trashed and I've got no place else to sleep for the time being. So where else than WAZA to stay?"

"You could always stay with my family," Geo offered, before he felt Luna's gaze turn upon him once more.

"No, I figure this is for the best. That way if Maestro comes back and if he comes after Luna, she'll be protected by two of the best Commandoes, along with the entire WAZA force," Sonia said, her tone telling Geo that she had made up her mind.

"Alright, now that we've gotten all of that out of the way, the current plan is for Celestia and Geo to be on the watch for any sign of the Maestro's re-emergence, while me and the rest of the WAZA staff think of a way to bring down that sphere...and all the other ones that might be out there," Ace muttered under his breath.

"Sounds fine. Bud! Zack! Geo! Let's get going!" Luna ordered as she rose to her feet, with Bud, Zack and Geo following suit. But as the three started to follow her out, Sonia placed a hand on Geo's shoulder.

"Actually, can I speak to you for a moment...in private?" she asked. Luna threw her hands up with a growl before she stalked out of the room, with Bud and Zack trailing her. Ace nodded to the two before he put in a call on his Hunter as he left, with both Geo and Sonia barely able to make out Tia on the small screen before the door closed.

"So...what's the matter?" Geo asked Sonia as she walked over to the windows and stare out at the canyon around them.

"Nothing, it's just...we haven't had the chance to talk since the whole Maestro incident," Sonia replied with a shrug of her shoulders. Geo frowned slightly before he walked over beside her and joined her in staring out at the canyon. "Thanks for saving me, by the way. If you hadn't been there Maestro would have killed me."

"Hey, let's not forget who saved who first. If not for you, I would have died from my wounds from my first fight with Maestro," Geo replied.

"Well, it was actually Celestia that saved you. She just brought you to me," Sonia shot back with a small smile.

"Yeah, brought me to the one person that she knew would be able to take on the Maestro. Don't underestimate yourself Sonia, you're probably stronger than me," Geo added on with a playful smile. "New albums, working on a TV show and finding time to meet with your millions of fans. If you ask me you're the real hero here."

"Pfft, if only the media would appreciate Harp Note as much as they do Megaman. But somehow I'm the sidekick despite you owing me your life ten times over," Sonia replied with a laugh as she elbowed Geo, who responded by lightly flicking Sonia on the side of the head. The two laughed for a moment before Sonia's face fell and she lowered her head onto her arms.

"So...did you mean what you said to Luna? That the whole 'My Sonia' was nothing special?" Sonia asked, getting Geo to avert his eyes for a moment. "Does that mean that I'm...not special?"

"Not at all!" Geo replied loudly, getting Sonia to jump slightly as she stared at Geo. He regained control of himself and sighed for a moment, before placing a hand over hers. "Sonia...you were my first friend. My first Brother. The first stranger in the world that I felt I could trust. The first person...that got me to smile. You are...the most special person in the world to me."

Sonia's eyes widened for a moment before she turned her head away, unable to hide a small smile. "And what...does that mean, exactly?" Geo looked down for a moment before he gave her a look that was as confused as he felt.

"I'm still figuring that out myself."

Geo then turned and slowly walked out of the room, fully aware that Sonia was staring at him the entire time. He didn't know what she thought about him after he told her that and, if he was being honest with himself, he wasn't sure how he felt about her. And he figured it was for the best.