• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 213 Views, 2 Comments

Guardians of the Moon - Tachyon Dragon



The story of two sisters who are cut of from their own time and are trying to find their place in an unfamliar time.

  • ...
 2
 213

Chapter 1

It was almost time. Their mistress had prepared her spell and now all that they had to do was wait. Only a few hours where left before the proper time and Shadow Piercer, as she was known before their thousand year banishment to the moon with their ruler, Nightmare Moon, was getting her last look at the earth from the moon. She was soon joined by her sister Piercing Light. After waiting for a thousand years a few hours more shouldn’t be too hard but the midnight blue half dragon pony with a crescent shaped tail blade was restless.

“Are we going to try to take over again Shadow, I…I don’t want to hurt anypony,” The golden half dragon pony said.

“Our lady has had a thousand years to contemplate her next move, and what makes you think I would know, Light?”

“Well you are her military commander so I thought that you would know what her plans could be.”

“Oh. Ok then. Well I don’t think we will go and try to invade but our lady will want to be treated with respect and then there is the other. I don’t know how her hatred will impact our lady especially if we run into her sister.”

“Oh yeah I forgot about her. Where do you think we will appear sister?”

“Probably near the palace but not in the forest. That is probably where it will be. I just hope we aren’t attacked outright right when we appear but the other princess knows about magic as well as our mistress and has had a thousand years to prepare and she likely knows that we will be able to break free in a few hours but she probably won’t know where we will appear so we could avoid her.” Then realizing the time and making an expression of shock, “I didn’t realize it was this late we should probably go join our mistress in the throne room,” she says while opening her large and powerful wings and took off, flying at an incredible speed.

“Wait, Shadow wait for me,” Light cried out at the shrinking dot that was her older, by only a few minutes as they were twins, sister. She shook her golden dragonlike tail with its pink tinted, heart shaped tail blade in annoyance. Then opening her smaller, but still quite large wings, she took off after her sister knowing full well she couldn’t catch up as she was a slower flyer, but compared to the pegus ponies she was still quite fast.

When Light finally arrived at a room that was occupied by two people and one large rock that resembled a chair. The room had been hollowed out and lights had been put in. During the long flight from where they were before to where they were now Light had thought up some choice words regrading her elder sister’s behavior towards her.

“Why didn’t you wait for me Shadow?” Light whined at her sister as soon as she landed, seemingly taking no note of the other person in the room with Shadow.

“Oh. I didn’t did I. Sorry Light,” she said by way of apology.

“SORRY LIGHT. SORRY. LIGHT. You leave me behind right before we leave, not knowing if I will even make it on time and all that you can say is SORRY LIGHT. Why are you being so mean?” Light screamed as her face contorted into a look of pure anger and hate.

“Sorry, Light but you’re a fast flyer, still slower than me, but faster than most, so you are too fast to not make it here on time, so I wasn’t very worried that you wouldn’t be able to make it on time,” Shadow said trying to explain and looking very sheepish.

“If you two are done arguing we do have some work that still needs to be done here,” said the third pony in the room. She was a pure black alicorn with piercing blue draconic eyes, like the siblings, but with a lighter shade of blue occupying the sclera. She had razor sharp teeth teeth that one would more commonly find in the mouth of a predator and not in a pony’s.

“Oh um, sorry your highness, I didn’t see you there,” Piercing Light said to her and Shadow Piercer’s queen, Nightmare Moon.

“I assumed as much but you shouldn’t let you hatred blind you or else it might just take you over or draw in something else to take you over and that isn’t fun for either party. Do you understand?” she asked in tone one wouldn’t expect from a ruler. It was a warm and kind one that betrayed the true feelings of the one who had taken over the young princess of the night a thousand years ago.

“I understand,” Light said in a humble tone.

“And Shadow, some of the fault lies with you as well,” Nightmare went on to say.

“Me, my lady, but what did I do wrong?” Shadow interrupted her ruler.

“You left your sister and we are almost ready to leave we would either have had to stay and wait for Light, your younger sister, and then miss our one chance to break out, or we would have had to leave without her. Even if you are sure that she could make it on time you still should have stayed with her and made sure. She has the right to be angry with you. But Light, Shadow did try to apologize and you had no right to get that mad at her. Now if we are done with your sibling squabble its time to leave now and I will need your help if we all want to break out.”
“Our help, but how, and why?” Both sisters said at the same time interrupting Nightmare once again.

“I need you two to give me some of your magic power so that I have enough power to get us all there in one piece.”

“Of course we will, your highness,” Shadow replied for both her and her sibling.

“It would please me greatly if you would only call me one thing one only requires one title and thank you in advance for the energy that you will give me.”

“Your welcome but we will keep calling you multiple titles,” Shadow stated calmly.

“Um, if I may, what will we be doing after we escape, and where will we appear. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to,” Light asked her shyness showing even after a thousand years banished to the moon with only Nightmare and her sister for company.

“I will try to see if anyone can separate me from Princess Luna and if I can keep my form after separation and then I will try to help if they will let me, that or I will try to live a peaceful life. As for your other question of where we will appear, I was thinking that we would appear a ways from the old castle but we will land outside the forest under the mountain. Now all that is left is for us to do is to start the spell,” Nightmare replied as she started to power up her horn for the spell.

“Of course your highness,” Shadow said eliciting an eye roll from Nightmare Moon, as she powered up her horn for the power transfer. The color of her magic was the same as her eyes, a dark blue but a lighter one than her coat.

“Of course my lady,” said Light getting another eye roll from Nightmare Moon as she too powered up her horn. Her magic was silver like her cutie mark, a silver dragon sitting with its tail curled around it.

As the magic traveled up the twins longer than normal horns one could feel the magic in the air. It made all three of the pony’s fur stand on end. At first it seemed like it was doing this for no real reason, that was, until the lightning started crackling all around them. It seemed almost inevitable that one, or more, would get hit and end up seriously injured. They were safe for much longer than anypony had any reason to believe that they could be with all that lightning around them, and it even started to seem like all three of them would make it out unscathed. Then something changed.

As the lightning seemed to start to slow down one errant bolt struck Piercing Light. This was followed quickly by another bolt striking Shadow Piercer and then another bolt hit Nightmare Moon, and then again and again until all the bolts of arcane lightning were finding their way to the three spell casters, but none of them even seemed to notice. At the same time a wind had been building since the beginning of the spell, and by now it was like the three mares were standing in a tornado. Their manes were flying all over and not even Nightmare’s star field of a mane or tail could escape the gale force winds. Even the twin’s muscular draconic tails, though they were covered in fur and not scales, with their different tail blades and tail manes were being moved. It seemed like the magical storm wouldn’t end, not the lightning nor the winds. This continued until a bright flash filled the room when the light that had been slowly building when from bright to blinding in less than a second. When the light died down the three mares were gone, as was the lightning, and the wind slowly died down until all was calm again on the moon.