• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 6,655 Views, 85 Comments

Simply Miraculous - flaminkomage



Rainbow Dash and Soarin Skies lead double lives as Equestria's two superheroes. Miraculous Ladybug crossover fic.

  • ...
10
 85
 6,655

Part I

Simply Miraculous

Part I


"Wake up, Rainbow Dash! It's your first day at the Wonderbolts!"

Rainbow Dash groaned as her mother shook her awake. She yawned, before getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom with a small smile. "Oh... right, yeah," she said, swooning slightly.

Firefly rolled her eyes, before shaking the cyan pegasus by her shoulders. "Are you even listening to me?"

"That's nice, Mom," Dash said sleepily. Firefly mentally facepalmed, before grabbing her hooves and dragging her downstairs into the kitchen.

"Look, if you want to make a good first impression, you'll need to be there bright and early!" she exclaimed. Dash suddenly jolted, locking eyes with the pink mare.

"Wait... WHAT?! Today's the day?" she yelled.

"That's what I've been telling you all morning," Firefly said stubbornly. Dash bit her lip, before rushing to her calendar and squealing silently in her place.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" she exclaimed. "Today's my first day on the job! Hey... why didn't you remind me?"

"Okay this is getting a little too much," Firefly said, grabbing a few oats and shoving them into the excited mare's face. "Now eat up, you'll want to be fully fueled for today."

Rainbow Dash quickly took the food and graciously gobbled it up. Firefly squirmed while looking at her messy manner of eating, but brushed it off knowing she was just excited.

"OkayI'mdonebye!" Dash yelled with a mouthful of oats. She quickly grabbed her bag and raced out the door, Firefly raising her eyebrows while she watched.

"Uhh... have fun!" she yelled out into the empty air. "Oh that mare..."


Rainbow Dash was in her happy place. The sky. Rushing to the Wonderbolt compound, she failed to notice a light pink unicorn mare sitting on the clouds watching the ponies below.

"AaaaAGHHhhHH!" she yelled as the two collided. Dash quickly got up and helped the mare to her hooves, stuttering out a quick apology. "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!"

The mare looked at her with a raised eyebrow before nodding and smiling.

"That's okay, are you hurt?" she asked. Dash shook her head, beginning to foot-fire.

"No way! I'm fine..." she said before spreading her wings again. "You sure you're okay? You're looking at me kinda weirdly... not that I hate weird! I love it!" Gosh, she must have sounded like an idiot right now.

The mare chuckled.

"I'm fine, really. Go on to wherever it us you're headed," she said before taking her spot on the clouds again. Dash smiled gratefully, before fluttering up into the sky and taking off.


"You must be Rainbow Dash, I'm Spitfire," a golden mare said, sticking out a hoof for Dash to shake. She gulped and quickly took it, nodding vigorously.

"Yep! That's me! That's totally totally me! Rainbow Dash! Right here and present! Uh..." she stuttered nervously. Spitfire chuckled, before nodding and leading her inside the compound.

"Great, welcome to the Wonderbolts!" she said. Dash's eyes widened as the words entered her ears.

Welcome to the Wonderbolts. She had made it. She had accomplished the one dream she ever really wanted as a child, and still today. And of course, she was beyond proud of herself for making it this far.

"This is the eating hall, where everypony eats lunch. If you stay overtime or come in early for practice, we'll also serve you breakfast and dinner," Spitfire continued, walking into a large cafeteria where about 50 ponies were seated without uniform. Dash's eyes widened.

"Woah... that's a lot of Wonderbolts," she mumbled underneath her breath. Spitfire laughed.

"Oh no no no!" she exclaimed. "There are only about 20 working 'Bolts, the rest are just staff and other members of the crew. We all eat in the same place."

"Oh... that makes a lot more sense," Dash snorted. Spitfire nodded, before leading her to an empty table with a few ponies at it.

"You can sit here for today. The lunch line starts there. Feel free to help yourself to whatever you'd like, it's all on the house," Spitfire said, before leaving to get her own lunch.

Even though Dash had already eaten barely an hour ago, she was still surprisingly hungry looking over the delicious assortment of foods. She grabbed a little bit of everything, before making her way back to the table Spitfire had chosen for her. The two other ponies who had already been here before shot her a grin, before sticking out their hooves for a shake.

"You must be our new recruit, the name's Wave Chill," the dark blue pegasus stallion said. A mint green pegasus besides him then spoke up.

"And I'm Fleetfoot," she said with the tiniest hint of a lisp in her voice. Dash shook hooves with both of them, and nodded.

"The name's Rainbow Dash," she said, giving them both a wing slap too. A new voice suddenly spoke up from behind them, startling the cyan mare.

"And I'm Surprise!" a mare with a mustard yellow mane exclaimed. Rainbow Dash's eyes widened at her resemblance to Pinkie Pie.

"Oh... hi, I'm Rainbow Dash," she said. Surprise nodded. "Hey... would you happen to know a mare named Pinkie Pie?" Dash let her curiosity get the best of her.

"Pinkie-who now?" Surprise asked. "Never heard of her, hey have you guys seen Soarin anywhere?" She suddenly turned her attention to Wave Chill and Fleetfoot, who both shrugged.

"He said he'd be coming today, so he must just be a little late," Wave Chill suggested. "Though I don't know for sure if he's coming or not. You know him... his mother wants him to help with advertisement for her new company and all."

Surprise's ears visibly drooped, before she nodded sadly and walked away. Dash gave Wave a confused look.

"What was that all about?" she asked. Wave shrugged.

"Surprise has got a giant crush on Soarin. You know, our other teammate," he explained. Dash's mouth made an o-shape, before she looked at her plate and frowned.

"I'll be right back, going to get some more dressing."


Soarin Skies panted heavily as he ran into the Wonderbolt compound. He had just gotten leave from his mother, who wanted his help with a few pictures, and had rushed over as fast as he could.

He quickly scurried over to his locker and dumped his belongings inside, grabbing a brush and running it through his mane in an attempt to flatten it. He had no luck, and decided to just go to lunch looking a little sweaty.

He ran inside the cafeteria and instantly slowed down, looking casual and catching a few of his teammate's glances. He grinned nervously, as he made his way to his regular table with Wave Chill and Fleetfoot.

"Spitfire not joining us today?" he asked, placing his stuff on the empty seat across from Wave. Wave shrugged.

"I don't think so, she left once she dropped off-"

"SOARIN! THERE YOU ARE!" Surprise's voice cut him off. Soarin visibly groaned as he turned to see the cream mare running over to him with her hooves spread. Soarin's eyes widened as she ran straight for the plate besides him, messing up the food on it. Soarin cringed, as he gently pushed Surprise away.

"Uh... sorry, Surprise... I better clean this up," he said, sitting down and starting to fix the mess. "I'll... talk to you later, okay?"

Surprise sighed, and nodded happily. "Sure!" she said, before bouncing away.

"Well, she's got it bad," Fleetfoot said with an amused smile as she watched Soarin struggle to move around the food in Dash's plate.

"Tell me about it... agh this feels disgusting," he said with a chuckle.

Rainbow Dash, who had just finished picking up what she wanted from the lunch counter, (along with a few other things), started to make her way back to the table, stopping dead in her tracks as she looked upon the scene in front of her.

Fleetfoot and Wave Chill were talking with one another, while a new stallion whom she recognized as the famous Soarin Skies, was messing up her plate of food with a small grin on his face. It looked as if he had been laughing.

"HEY!" Rainbow Dash yelled, making Soarin turn around to look at her. She hurried over to him and gasped. "What are you doing?! Why are you messing around my plate like that?!"

"Uh... I was just-"

"Oh I get it," Dash cut in. "I'm the new pony, so you just have to pick at me."

"No! No I was just-"

"Save it for somepony who'll actually take your excuses," Dash said again, putting up her hoof to silence him and took her plate out of his hooves. She shot him one last glare before moving to another table. Soarin's eyes drooped as he looked upon the rainbow-maned mare. He groaned.

"What just happened."

"I dunno man, you tell me," Wave Chill said as Soarin sat back down.

"What did I do."

"That was... interesting," Fleetfoot said with a snicker. Soarin frowned.

"I... wasn't she the new one that we were getting today?" he asked. Wave Chill and Fleetfoot both nodded. Soarin groaned again. "And here I was hoping I could actually befriend her... the Wonderbolts are supposed to get along with one another! If not for personal reasons, at least for the team."

"Dude, you wanna make friends with Rainbow Dash, right?" Wave Chill asked. Soarin nodded.

"More than anything," he said. Wave nodded.

"Then go talk to her, tell her what actually happened," he said. Soarin put his head in his hooves.

"Easier said than done..."


Soarin hummed as he strolled through the compound gardens. The clouds beneath his feet certainly made for a nice cushion. He sighed as he noticed Rainbow Dash and Spitfire nearby, and it looked like the captain was telling her something.

An idea suddenly came to him, making him quickly gallop over.

Upon seeing him, Rainbow Dash instantly crossed her hooves. Soarin shot her a sad smile, before looking at Spitfire.

"Would you mind if I stole her for a second? I'd like to tell her about the gardens... you go on ahead, we'll come by later," he said. Spitifre looked curiously between the two, but shrugged and nodded.

"Sure, I don't see why not," she said. "Rainbow Dash, come to my office once you're finished."

Spitfire casually opened her wings and flew off, leaving Soarin and Rainbow Dash alone. The mare instantly turned to him.

"What do you want? I was trying to talk to her, until you came along," she said. Soarin bit his lip.

"I have to talk to you... about what happened in the lunch room," he said. Dash scoffed.

"Forget it! I don't have time for excuses from meager bullies like yourself!" she exclaimed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I was in the middle of talking to Captain Spitfire," she said before flying off.

"But! Wait!" Soarin yelled after her, just a second too late.

Man that girl was fast.

"HEEELLPP!" a scream interrupted his thoughts. Soarin quickly looked over in panic to a cloud just outside the compound boundaries. A light pink unicorn with a dark brown curly mane was currently falling off the ledge of the fluffy white being. Soarin gasped as he quickly spread his wings and dove for her.

It was a close call, but he did end up catching the mare. Soarin sighed in relief as he placed her down on the cloud and looked upon her for any injuries.

"Are... are you alright?" he asked. The mare panted for breath, but ended up nodded.

"I'm... fine... I just... oh my god that was... so... scary... ahh..." she said, trying to catch her breath. It was clear she had stumbled upon the excuse, but Soarin didn't investigate further.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay," he said. The mare nodded.

"Thank you, young man," she said with a grateful smile. "I... I thought I was a real goner back there."

"It's not a problem, really, Miss..." Soarin said, trailing off since he didn't know her name. The mare smiled.

"Ink. Ink Fu," she said. Soarin nodded.

"It's no problem, Miss Ink Fu," he said, before spreading his wings out again and flying away.


"What a day... what a day," Rainbow Dash sighed out as she sat on her couch after coming home from her first day at work. It had been pretty hectic, trying to avoid Soarin while at the same time, keep up with the other Wonderbolts in the flight routine. But in the end, it did work out for her, since the team was very impressed with her skills.

That felt good, being complimented by her life-long heroes. Even though she did ignore Soarin's words when he had tried talking to her again. She wasn't about to fall into that trap again.

She put her hooves up on the small table in front of the couch, only to be stopped by a small box that was currently resting where her feet had been previously.

"What the..." she mumbled under her breath, looking at peculiarly. She then proceeded to take it into her hooves and inspect it closely. It was a small black box with some strange red markings on it.

Cautiously, Dash opened the lid, her eyes meeting a pair of gorgeous red earrings with black polka dots and clips at the side for easy wearing. She gasped silently.


Soarin grumbled as he made his way into his house after a long day at the compound. He sat down at the table and blindly flipped through the pages of a nearby newspaper.

Rainbow Dash had taken the liberty to ignore him all throughout the day, which didn't suit him at all. All he wanted to do was talk to her! But she just kept pushing him away every time he tried.

Soarin went to his kitchen and mindlessly made himself a cup of the strongest coffee in his cabinets. Sure, this would probably make him much more alive and jumpy than he should be, but at this point, he honestly couldn't have cared less. He just wanted a distraction from work for once... he wanted to do whatever he wanted for once... he wanted to just be free for once...

A small black box that seeped into his view stopped his thinking shortly. Curiously, he picked up the small object and began playing around with it, tossing it between his hooves a few times before setting it back on his table.

"Huh...?" he said quietly, softly opening the box with a click.

Inside was a black band with a green paw print in the center.

Soarin gasped.


Rainbow Dash's eyes widened as she took the earrings into her hooves, carefully clipping them onto her ears. She took a deep breath, wondering just what was going on.

What she didn't expect though, was a small floating creature to suddenly pop in front of her out of no where.


Soarin took the ring out of the box, and strapped it onto his front right hoof, feeling a wave of confidence rush through him. He opened his eyes with a wide grin, coming face to face with a small floating creature.

"Do you have any cheese?"



"WaaAAAHA!" Rainbow Dash yelped as the little red creature flew closer to her.

"Hello! My name is Ikki, you must be Rainbow Dash!" she said in a cheerful voice. Dash's eyes widened.

"W-W-W-what-t-t...?" she stammered out.

"How do you do?" she said, sticking out a stubby extension of her body.

"Ikki" had a small figure that was quite rounded, black dots covering various spots. What was most shocking about her appearance though, was the chubby pony head on top.

"W-What are you?" Rainbow Dash squeaked out, trying her very best not to scream.

"Oh, I'm a kwami," Ikki said.

"Yeah... that explains a lot," Dash said, regaining her confidence little by little.

"Well, I'm how you turn into your alter ego."

"Wha?"

"Okay, how about this, say 'Spots On', and then after you're finished freaking out, say 'Spots Off', sound good?"

"Err..."


"What."

"I said, do you have any cheese."

"What."

"Oh by the way, I'm Tagg."

"What."

"Tagg the kwami, at your hopefully-easy service."

"What."

"Now, back to more important things."

"What."

"Got any cheese?"

"What."

"Camembert would be the best."

"What."

"She was my love at first sight... hey you wanna hear a story?"

"WHAT."

"Okay chill dude, I was just asking."

"What are you," Soarin cut in.

"Haven't you been listening? I'm Tagg, the kwami." Soarin gaped at the small black creature. Sure, he had cat-like features on his 'hands' and 'feet', but his head was a small chibi pony.

"You... you're head and body... uh..."

"What?" Tagg asked. "Oh don't even dare make fun of this handsome hunk of cheese, if I was hot enough to attract a fine lady like Camembert, I can take on anything."

"Camembert?"

"Okay that's it." Tagg retreated back to the box. "I'm going back to Fu, and explaining what a dumbo you are."

"Okay, settle down. Let's take care of this in a calm, orderly fashion."

"Are you kidding?! You don't even... appreciate, the amazingness of my cheesefriend!"

"WHAT CHEESEFRIEND?"

"SHUT UP I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF THIS. YOU IDIOT."

"OKAYNOWINEEDYOUTOEXPLAINALLOFTHISTOME.WHATAREYOUANDWHATAREYOUDOINGHERE."

Tagg smirked.

"Oh, was that all? Okay," he said, scoffing. "I'm here to grant you the powers of the cat, and in exchange, you need to go out and fight giant monsters and what-not. Now can I have my cheese?!"

"Okay first off, you're not getting any cheese until you explain to me what this all about. And... I need some proof," Soarin said with a glare. Tagg shrugged.

"Alright. Just say, 'Claws Out', that's what-"

"TAGG, CLAWS OUT!"

"Wait I wasn't finished ex-"

Tagg was cut off by a blinding light, sucking him into the band Soarin currently had on his hoof.


"Um... Ikki, spots on?"

The red creature smiled, and let herself be transported into the earrings Dash had on right now.



"WOAH. THIS IS AWESOME!" Soarin said as he was enveloped into a tight spandex suit. He gasped as a silver baton was placed in a pocket on him.

"You have the power of destruction," Tagg's voice echoed through his head. "It's called 'Cataclysm', and once you use it, you'll have five minutes before detransformation."

"Right. So... now what?"

"Well, you have a partner too. You're not going to be doing all this mumbo jumbo alone," he said.

"Oh? Who is it?"

"The ladybug."

"Right. You're so very helpful."


"What is going on," Dash deadpanned as she looked upon herself in the suit.

"Well, you have the power of creation," Ikki's voice said in her mind. Your special power is called, 'Lucky Charm', and if you use it, you have five minutes before you detransform."

"Right. Oh my gosh this is awesome... wait till my mom hears about this!"

"NO! Rainbow Dash! Nopony must know about this! It would only put them in danger!"

"Oh. Well that sucks," Dash said glumly. "Okay... so who's flank do I have to kick in this get-up?"

"I'm... not entirely sure yet... Fu didn't tell me the reasons behind all of this," Ikki said. Dash frowned.

"Oh. Well that sucks even more."

"You have a partner... you won't be alone on this one," Ikki said. Dash frowned.

"You do know I work better alone?"

"Yes, but you'll work better with him."

"Whatever."

"Now, try out your yo-yo!"

Dash glanced at the pocket in her suit, pulling out a small red device and flinging it around.

"Ooh, I could get used to- WOAH!"

Once she pulled on the string, Rainbow Dash was sent flying into the air at top speed, unable to stop herself.


"Well, this is cool," Soarin said, jumping onto the roof of a tall building in Manehattan.

"WaaaaAAAA!" a voice cut in. Soarin looked up in surprise to see a mare in a red suit about to topple onto him. He braced himself for the impact as she came crashing down onto his body, knocking them both into a nearby alleyway.

"Well hey there, nice of you to drop in," he said in a cheesy voice, helping her up. The mare groaned, as she held her head. "You okay?" he asked. The mare nodded.

"I'm fine, what about you?" she asked. Soarin nodded.

"I'm doing purr-fectly," he said, thinking up a pun to match his suit quickly. "What's your name?"

"I'm..." she started, before remembering what Ikki had told her. "I'm... uh... Ladybug?" she said. Soarin raised an eyebrow.

"Really now. You don't seem so sure," he said cheekily. Rainbow Dash scoffed.

"Well, it isn't my real name, of course... but my kwami told me I couldn't tell anypony who I was... so..." she said uncertainly. Soarin shrugged, but nodded.

"Okay Lady girl. It's fine, I'm learning the ropes too!" he said. "Hey you must be the partner my kwami told me about! I'm... uh... Chat. Yeah... Chat," he said. Dash raised an eyebrow.

"Chat...?" she asked. Soarin nodded.

"It means cat in French," he explained.

"And why French of all languages?" Dash asked. Soarin grinned.

"I dunno, it sounded cool," he said simply, before taking out his baton. "Now come on, let's-"

Soarin was suddenly interrupted by a large creature with a stone body tearing down a building into shreds.

"WOAH WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??!!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she looked at the giant creature. Soarin smirked.

"I guess it's time for these powers to come to use, then."


"Okay... so do you have a plan?" Chat asked his partner, looking to her as the giant creature started wrecking more havoc. Ladybug groaned.

"In case you forgot, I actually also just got these weird powers and this... quite awesome, suit. So... no," she said. Chat raised an eyebrow, before looking back to the city. Manehattan was a mess, and everypony was already running around like wildfire.

That's when it hit her.

"Wait!" she cried. "I think I know something that just might do the trick..."

"Oh? What do you have in mind?" Chat asked. Ladybug smirked.

"Just follow my lead..."

With that, she spread her wings wide and took off towards the large stone figure, stretching her yo-yo and hitting it on his head. The creature roared in frustration, and resulting in a much bigger size.

"Either I'm crazy, or that thing just got bigger," Chat said, coming out from behind the scene. Ladybug's eyebrows furrowed.

"Chat! Try hitting his head with your baton!" she yelled, backing away with her yo-yo in hand. Chat nodded, before extending his device and using it to jab the monster in said direction.

Like it had before though, the stone being simply roared again and grew in size. Ladybug and Chat both gave each other alarmed looks, noticing police vehicles beginning to make their way towards them.

"No!" Ladybug cried, jumping in front of the ponies who had weapons raised. They narrowed their eyes at her.

"What are you doing? Back away from it!" one of them yelled. "Let us handle it! What are you? Some superhero cosplayers?"

"No! Don't you see? Every time somepony attacks it, it just grows bigger!" Ladybug cried. The police ponies looked back and forth between each other, debating whether or not to trust them.

Chat then came up.

"My lady's right, you know," he said, draping a hoof around her. Ladybug eyed him curiously, before shrugging and going along with it. "Now, unless you want to get hurt, I'd suggest you go back home and hide. We've got this."

"We'll call backup if there's any need for it," Ladybug chimed in.

"Yep, now please, stay away from the attack area," Chat said, ushering the ponies away.

Once they were safely alone again, Ladybug turned to Chat with a curious stare.

"'My Lady'? What was that all about?" she asked, referring to what he had called her previously. Chat shrugged, not saying anything. She sighed. "Okay well... we better go take care of it, I guess."

"I wouldn't have it any other way... My Lady."


"Okay... so now what?" Chat asked Ladybug as they were perched on top of a stadium. Luckily, they were able to lead Stonehart, (a name courtesy of Chat. "What? It needed a name!") into the main area, and were currently devising a plan.

"Alright, so we know we can't directly attack it... what other options do we have?" Ladybug said in deep thought. Chat's eyes suddenly lit up. "What? Do you have something?"

"My lucky power! My Cataclysm!" he exclaimed.

"What's a-"

"CATACLYSM!!!" Chat yelled, lifting his hoof in the air. Black sparks surrounded him and his hoof was lit up.

"Woah..." Ladybug said under her breath. Chat smirked.

"Apparently I destroy everything I touch," he said, leaning over to graze his hoof over one of the seats in the stadium. It instantly crumbled and fell. Ladybug's eyes widened as she saw his hoof return back to normal.

"Chat, wait-"

"Now here I come, Stonehart!" he cut in, spreading his wings and taking off towards the creature. Ladybug gasped, taking out her yo-yo and preparing herself to lunge.

Chat went straight down to the stone being's foot, crashing his hoof down onto it.

Nothing happened.

"Uh-oh..." he mumbled, looking up to Stonehart with a terrified look. "Turns out it's a one time thing..."

"HIYYAAA!" Ladybug suddenly yelled, tossing her yo-yo to Stonehart.

The yo-yo swerved around Stonehart's neck, cutting his now building roar off short, and pulling him down to the ground.

"LUCKY CHARM!!!" she yelled in mid-fight, throwing her yo-yo up into the air. A million sparks erupted around her, before a nail landed in her hooves. She frowned.

"What? What is a nail going to do?" Chat asked from ahead of her. She held her head, trying to think.

Ladybug looked around her, before spotting a few sticks lying around. She then looked back at the nail in her hooves, and grinned, an idea forming in her head.

With a confident smirk, she took the thickest stick from the pile and put the nail carefully in one of the cracks of stone on Stonehart's body. She raised the stick and pounded it hard against the surface of rock, causing it to shatter and break.

Chat grinned heavily at the mare, before sliding up to meet her gaze.

"Well done, My Lady," he said. "Our first villain has been officially defeated."

Ladybug chuckled.

"Couldn't have been done without the help of a very special kitty," she teased. Chat smirked.

"So are you admitting your love for me then?" he asked her. Ladybug scoffed.

"Well you're quite the jokester then, aren't you," she said, before her earrings beeped lightly, signaling she only had a few minutes before detransformation. "I better get going, we're about to turn back into catnip, and personally, I'd rather not see that."

Chat gave her a large cheshire grin. "Until next time then, Ladybug," he said. Ladybug nodded.

"See you around, Chat."


"Calm down, Rainbow Dash... it was your first time! It's going to be fine!" Ikki reassured. Dash gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"What do you mean 'it's going to be fine'? I just battled a giant monster out there... only to figure out I didn't actually defeat it? WHAT?!" she yelled. Ikki sighed.

"Well... it isn't that bad! The akuma just hasn't been purified... if you hurry and get back up there, I'm sure you can do it!" she exclaimed. Rainbow Dash gulped, and nodded.

"Alright... Ikki, spots on!"

After transforming into the spotted superhero, Ladybug quickly jumped off the platform of her house, and dove down to the ground below. She was quickly met with dozens of reporters.

"Ladybug! Is it true you defeated that monster that attacked Equestria earlier?"

"Ladybug! Will you and Chat be protecting Equestria from now on?"

"Are you and Chat in a relationship?"

Thousands of questions were attacked at the poor mare, as she struggled to answer a select few.

"Almost, I'm heading back right now to finish the job; I'm not sure, if there are other attacks, then maybe; and absolutely not," she said quickly, before spreading her wings and taking flight again.

Once she arrived back at the scene of the crime earlier, Stonehart had vanished.


"Ikki, what's going on? How did Stonehart come back to life?! I thought I had gotten him real good!" Dash said, pounding her head at her stupidity. Ikki sighed.

"Well, Stonehart wasn't always like that... he was akumatized, and that's why you exist," she explained. "You need to find where he got hit by the akuma, and cleanse it. Once you do that, he'll become normal again."

Rainbow Dash grumbled. "And why didn't you think to tell me this when Chat and I were first battling him?" she asked.

"By the time you got to that point, you had already used your Lucky Charm and I was almost drained out of power! I just didn't have enough strength to communicate with you telepathically," she said. Dash's eyes drooped, as she nodded.

"Great... now what are we supposed to do?" she asked. "Stonehart is missing, and I haven't the slightest clue where he is! Oh... this is all my fault," she said softly. Ikki quickly shook her head.

"No, Rainbow Dash! You did perfectly out there!"

"Clearly not, since I've gotten myself into an even bigger mess than before..."

"Well, at least the minions haven't been created yet!" Ikki said, before quickly covering her mouth. Rainbow Dash stopped, and eyed her kwami closely.

"What minions?"


"So... I can't do anything without Ladybug?" Soarin asked Tagg later that day. The kwami shrugged.

"Only Ladybug has the power to purify the akuma. You're just... there as a second option," he said bluntly. Soarin rolled his eyes.

"Well yeah, that makes me feel so much better," he said. Tagg nodded happily.

"Wonderful! My job is done then, I suppose! Time for my reward!"

"You want cheese, don't you," Soarin said. Tagg only nodded, making his chosen sigh. "Well, you're not getting any until I figure out this whole mess!"

"Just go talk to Ladybug or something, you two can create some other plan," Tagg said. Soarin shook his head.

"But I don't know who she is!" he exclaimed, making Tagg roll his eyes.

"Ikki never really was keen on the idea of the reveal, I always hated her attitude towards the whole thing," he said. Soarin lifted an eyebrow.

"Who's Ikki?" he asked.

"Ladybug's kwami."

"Oh..." Soarin said.

"Now, back to more important matters-"

"I'm not giving you cheese, Tagg."

"Poo on you."


"I messed up... I messed up so badly..." Rainbow Dash said, pacing around her room. Ikki smiled sympathetically.

"I told you, Rainbow Dash... it's fine!" she said. Dash grumbled something under her breath.

"How could you say that, Ikki?! I ruined everything..." she said, sighing softly. Ikki quickly shook her head.

"The last thing Equestria needs is a superhero who doubts herself!" she said.

Rainbow Dash sighed.

"But... I let everypony down..."

"Rainbow Dash, everypony thinks you're incredible! They have somepony to protect, serve, and defend them whenever danger comes near! Shouldn't you be proud of yourself?" Ikki asked, placing her 'hoof' on Dash's shoulder. The mare shied away.

"Not when I'm just now realizing how much I messed up this time... I don't deserve to be a superhero..." she said. Ikki raised an eyebrow at her chosen's words.

"I thought the great Rainbow Dash never gave up?" she asked in a sassy tone. Dash slumped down.

"Not this time..." she said softly. Ikki widened her eyes.

"You can't be serious... Rainbow Dash! I need you to help them all! Chat and Tagg can't do it alone!" she exclaimed. Dash assumed this 'Tagg' was Chat's kwami, and didn't question it further.

"I can't afford to mess up again... if I do, there's no telling what danger might come forth," she said. Ikki shook her head.

"But you were chosen!"

"Maybe I'm just not ready!"

Ikki was shocked at her outburst. Her eyes softened.

"W-W-What are you saying, Rainbow Dash?" she asked softly, looking away as tears threatened to slip from her beady eyes. Dash bit her lip, and closed her eyes.

"I'm saying, Ikki, that I can't do this any longer... it would be better if you found another pony for the job... I'm just not cut out for it," she said, reaching her hooves to her ears and slipping the earrings away.

Ikki gasped quietly, before vanishing out of sight.

Author's Note:

Of course, all art in this story is by our very best, NorthernLights8.

This fandom is slowly taKING ovER mY liFE.

If you follow my other SoarinDash story, Happiness and Tears, you'll see it's piled up with references to it! XD

Anyway, this story idea has been floating around my head for quite a while, it wasn't till a friend suggested I actually sit down and write it that I actually did.

This is Part 1 of 2. Both have already been published, so go ahead and read it. ^^

If you haven't already guessed, this is a remake of the two Origin episodes. But obvious SoarinDash is obvious. XDD

And yes, I am fully aware that I'm not using the 'Noir' part of Chat's name. I just wanted to keep their names a little different from the canon show. XD But you can't really do anything with 'Ladybug'. LadyDash and Chat Soar would have been cool, but that would be a little too obvious with their secret identities and such.

I mean, it's bad enough Dash has rainbow hair. How more obvious can you get?! :rainbowlaugh:

I really hope you're enjoying so far~!