• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,463 Views, 18 Comments

I...do? - Dr Atlas



It's not every day the pony you made out with a year ago gets ponynapped, especially on the day you want to ask her 'the question.'

  • ...
5
 18
 1,463

Horrible...Acting

“So, uh...c-can ya catch me up to speed here, I’m...uh, kinda-”

“Stupid!” Doomie’s brother finished, smacking him upside the head again. “You have such a one track mind, ya know that? For once can you follow directions and try to be good at what you do?”

Doomie rubbed his head, finding it hard to do this, but he kept telling himself that it was for Pinkie. “O-Okay...what are the directions?”

With a deadpan glare, Disguised Dash pointed ahead. “We need to group up with the others and get in contact with the queen.”

“Why?”

“So we can tell her how good of a job we’re doing...and by we, I mean everyling but you!” He poked Doomie in his chest.

“H-Hey! I can do a good job!” Doomie said with half confidence.

“Oh really?” Disguised Dash sighed and continued walking. “I doubt you ca...Oh no…”

“W-What do you mean ‘oh no’?”

Disguised Dash pulled him closer and pointed ahead. “It’s that one mare.”

“W-Who?” Doomie’s eyes followed where he was pointing and saw Starlight Glimmer walking next to another mare who was pulling a waggon. “Oh, Storklight Shimmer? You guys didn’t take her?”

Disguised Dash shrugged. “Eh, the queen didn’t really find her that important, I thought she explained this in the debriefing.” He eyed him. “Don’t tell me you fell asleep during it!”

“W-Well, I-” Doomie’s brother put a hoof in his mouth before he could continue.

“Here, since you think you’re the great undercover ling, how about you go talk to her.”

“M-ME!?” Doomie knew he couldn’t keep it together if he was talking to her of all ponies, knowing that he couldn’t resist telling her everything that was happening right now. “B-But she’s, like, n-not even that important!”

“Are you saying you’re too much of a wimp to talk to a pony?”

Doomie jaw dropped, never wanting to hear that word in his life again. “I-I'm not a wimp!”

Dash smiled. "Then prove it!" With that, he shoved Doomie out into the open and took off into the air. Doomie stood still for a few moments before realizing he had to act like Pinkie. He went into character by pronking around, hoping he was doing this right, eventually, he came up to Starlight and stopped.

“Hey Pinkie!”

Doomie froze, he wasn’t sure how to respond to this, he was starting to have flashbacks to acting 302, where he was the laughing stock of the class. “Hey...You!”

She stepped closer, Doomie trying his best to stop shaking. “So...you’re probably wondering why I’m back so soon.”

Doomie blinked, having no idea what she was talking about. “Where were you?”

Starlight raised an eye, making Doomie’s heart rate hit the roof. “I...went to my old village? For the festival?”

Doomie’s mind ran all over the place, at that moment, the thought of something Pinkie would say. “Oh, sounds fun! How was it?” He smiled, but he knew it wasn't working.

Starlight frowned. “It was kind of a disaster. I came back early because I freaked out!”

Doomie couldn’t take it anymore, he knew he was going to spill it if she said anymore, so, with a deep breath, he yelled, “Oh! Sounds awful! BYE!” He then dashed off, leaving Starlight to herself to question her friend’s way of talking.

Once Doomie was out of her line of sight, he breathed in and out as fast as he could, trying to get a hold of himself. “Hah...ho...holly queen...I..I can’t believe-”

*SMACK*

Doomie held his head after his brother hit him again. “What. Was. THAT!? You almost blew your cover!”

Doomie gulped. “I-I was trying my best.”

“And your best obviously isn’t good enough!” Disguised Dash sighed. “Just...just get out of here and stay hidden until nighttime, okay? We’ll handle the rest of it.”

“But-”

“No buts!” Dash would’ve smacked him again, but his hoof was starting to get tired of it. “Just stay out of the way and meet us at the castle tonight, and for queen’s sake, try not to screw up.” With that, he left, leaving Doomie to himself again.

He sighed, knowing that this wasn’t going to be good, the only thing he could hope for was that he would come up with a plan to stop this. “Oh, that’s a good one Doomie:” He said sarcastically. “You coming up with a plan...I’m sure that’ll happen…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You should’ve seen him, he just sat there talking to her going ‘der, ima pinkie pie, I like parties and bleh bleh bleh!’”

Doomie cringed as all his disguised brothers at the table laughed, feeling like he was back at the hive again. After it died down Doomie tried to defend himself. “L-Look, it was hard, okay?”

“Sure it was…” Dash said, looking at his hooves. “You know, I find it kinda surprising the queen hired you for this if you can’t even stay in character.”

Doomie glared at him. “Oh sure, like I didn’t stay in character. One of us said things Twerklight would never say to her.”

Disguised Applejack rolled his eyes. “How would you know how the princess acts?”

Realizing that remark might have just caused him his cover, he gulped. “I-I...uh, d-dunno.”

Disguised Rarity laughed. “Yeah, of course you don’t. Stupid bug...” He shook his head “How about you cut the act and tell the truth already.”

Doomie’s heart skipped a beat. “Th-The truth?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong with you?” Spike asked. “You act like this is your first day on the job, like you don’t belong here, like everything you do you think you’ll screw up. You know who we call bugs who act like you?”

Doomie started shaking, having a feeling that his cover was going to be blown right here and now. “Uh...w-what?”

Spike leapt onto the table and went face to face with the quivering changeling. “We call them Dummy Doomie.”

Doomie was both relieved to hear that they didn’t call him a traitor, but was concerned to hear his name. “W-what?”

A round of laughter started. “O-Oh my queen!” Fake Fluttershy said. “How could I forget about that screw up!”

“Yeah, that bug has got to be the worst changeling I’ve ever seen!” Fake Rarity almost fell out of his chair from laughing

“I’m honestly not surprised he got lost after that blast, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him laying on the side of a tree in the forest starved out of his mind!” Fake Applejack pounded the table, unable to control his laughter.

Doomie’s jaw dropped as more rude remarks were made. He eventually flopped his ears and tuned out the noise, looking down in shame. “I-Is that really what they called me…’Dummy Doomie’ That isn’t even that catchy!”

“Is that what you are?” Doomie snapped back into the world to see all of his brothers looking at him. “A Dummy Doomie?”

Doomie held back the tears and fright, never thinking he’d be remembered like that. “Uh...n-no.”

Fake Spike just shook his head. “Yeah, you keep tellin’ yourself that, dumbflank!” Doomie received another smack on the head and was subjected to another round of laughter from his brothers.

Doomie was about to speak up again, but a purple alicorn stepped inside before he could. She smiled and sat down at the table. “Is it ready?”

“Just one more.” All brothers turned to Doomie, who was staring off into space. “Ahem!”

The bug snapped out of it and looked back at them. “What?” He then looked at the strange stones on the table not noticing them before. His mind rang a bell, realizing what he was supposed to do. “OH, uh, r-right, heh.” He pulled out his own stone and pushed the rock in place until it was aligned with the others, in an instant, it opened and shot out green energy to the next one, the other three doing the same. Doomie yelped at this while the others smiled evilly.

Before long, a circular image appeared, bearing a face that made Doomie drop his jaw, never thinking he would see her again. “Q-Queen Chrysalis…” He whispered as his ears flicked, thinking he heard someone else say these words as well.

“Ugh…” The queen said. “I can’t take any of you seriously when you look like that!”

“Oh, right.” Doomie flinched and immediately undisguised, same with the others.

“Much better. Now report!”

Doomie shook and quivered as one of his brothers explained the situation. His thoughts ran wild the more he sat around them, knowing exactly what was going on. He snapped back into reality once he heard an evil laugh, where he managed to join in on regretfully. “We thought too small last time!” His queen continued. “One ponynapped princess wasn’t enough. With all of the most beloved ponies of Equestria taken care of, nopony can stop us!”

More laughter came, Doomie could only do half before trailing off, having a difficult time hearing all of this. Before long, the communication between his queen and them finally shut off and the bugs did another round of laughter. Doomie eventually stopped and looked away, not wanting to deal with any of this anymore. As he did, something caught his eye. It was over by the door that he noticed two pairs of eyes peering through, Doomie squinted in an attempt to see who it was, but a creaking noise interrupted him, all his brothers hissing at the door seconds later.

Doomie looked at them as they got off the table and disguised again, going out the door and figuring out where that noise came from. He soon followed and flashed into Pinkie again, being the last to go out. He looked around the main hall, seeing Fake Twilight looking around, sniffing the air. He looked at Doomie. “Hey! Can you at least try to find out where that came from!”

Doomie nodded weakly, walking around the room as his brother tried finding a scent, he eventually left, leaving Doomie to himself. “Ugh...was the hive really this bad, or did it just get worse over the past-”

*GASP*

Doomie’s ears lit up and his head turned to where the noise came from, only to see nothing. He would’ve been more concerned if he wasn’t so depressed at this moment. He shook his head and walked back into the room, looking at Pinkie’s seat. “Oh...Pinkie. My sweet, sweet pie.” He rested his head against it, wanting to see her again.

He ended up taking a seat and breathed in and out, trying to control his heart rate.. “Okay, Doomie, calm down. Staying calm is what you need to do right now, e-even though they ponynapped the princesses, and the elements, and that couple in that crystal city, y-you just need to stay calm and...and…”

Doomie smacked his head on the table. “Listen to yourself, you bugbrain! You know this is hopeless. She won! She has every single important pony that can take her out!” He got up and started walking to the door, wanting to get some air. “I-I can’t believe this. Chrysalis is actually going to win. The changelings are gonna take over...and I’ll never see her again…” Doomie dug his head in one of his hooves, starting to lose hope.

“And the saddest part is that there’s nothing you can do...you’re just one bug! You can’t take on an army. Even if you had your own you wouldn't…” Doomie stopped walking and slowly raised his head up. “Y-You wouldn’t…” He looked ahead to see the door leading outside, his brain working for once in his life. “N-No, you would!” He reeled his hooves back and ran out the door, a plan forming in his mind. “She might have those ponies...but not all of them!”

With a plan in his head and his heart as determined as ever, he undisguised and flapped his wings, preparing to head to his first stop. “I’m coming for you, Pinkie!”

Comments ( 10 )

does this take place before or after the finale?

7632306 It start before, now goes at the same time, and probably end after finale.

It's fun to see it from a different perspective.
Keep going! ;)

I really hate to do this, but you've left me with no choice.

By the power invested in me, myself and I (since this story hasn't updated for over six months) I declare this story to be dead.

May it forever rest in peace.

P.S. Welcome to the Graveyard.

Fly you fool!

dear god please revive this story

I demand mooore

N-no more? It wasn't complete... Last update was years and years ago, noooooooo:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment