• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 7,407 Views, 178 Comments

Equestria: The BEN Chronicles - HylianJuggalo



Everyone knows BEN has been freed, but what about Jadusable, the kid who started it all?

  • ...
16
 178
 7,407

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter V: The Forbidden Meat

I must have been unconscious for several minutes, because when I woke up, I had no recollection of what had happened, was bathed in blood, and was laying next to an unconscious Carrot Cake. I spit up a tarry, black residue, unsure of what it was, and I turned around to the body. I got up and wiped myself down, and tried to get him up, shaking the beaten and red horse.

“Hey... Mr. Cake, are you okay? Wake up! What happened to you?”

No response.

“Oh god... Oh dear god...”

I felt his pulse. Nothing.

“Oh... shit...”

I quickly got up and picked up the body. NOBODY could know I killed Carrot. I could never live that shit out. There wasn’t much of a place to hide it here, so I went down into the basement to find a place to stuff Carrot’s corpse. That was perhaps the worst mistake of my life though; as soon as I got down there and flipped on the lights, what greeted me made me instantly throw up. The walls were lined with pony skin, and from the ceiling hung various entrails. In the center of the room was a table, also covered in pony skin, and the centerpiece was an arrangement of three dismembered heads, their eyes and mouths agape, party hats strapped under their chins. A side of the wall had words written in blood, which barely made out ‘Life’s a party’. The decor of the room was damp and fresh, not dried, and the area held a strong iron scent. I dropped Carrot’s body and just started shivering. I heard a disturbingly familiar giggle, and drew my gun.

“C-c-come out, you sick fuck!”

Another giggle.

“This isn’t funny... What the fuck’s going on down here?”

Suddenly, I lost consciousness with a blow to the back of my head. I awoke several moments later, by a splash of ice water to my face, a wet piece of balloon latex on my cheek. I was tied down to a metal rack by leather straps. I was naked, my equipment and clothes on the table that was covered with grotesque decorations.

“God fucking damn it, SHOW YOURSELF!”

Another giggle echoed throughout the room, and the song of unhealing played in the air. I swallowed in fear and began to sweat. That song. That. Fucking. Song. Out of a blackened, secluded corner of the room appeared Pinkie Pie. Her hair was straight, her eyes beady. That meant one thing, in the brony world.

“Dear god... NO! Not this!”

My heart sank deep into my stomach. I knew what was going on; I had read about this on the internet once. I just couldn’t believe it was actually happening.

“No! This shit ain’t right! This isn’t right! Dear god, save me!”

“Look, Rocky, we have a new party guest! It’s a human too! Oh, goodiegoodiegoodiegoodie! You know, I had no idea you were real!”

“LET. ME. GO!”

“Awww, that’s not fun now, is it? I can’t do that, that’d spoil the surprise!”

Pinkie produced a small tray of sugar. She snorted it from the little glass plate, and looked at me.

“Wanna try some?”

“Fuck no, you stupid bitch. I do-”

She grabbed me by the head and dunked my face into the tray. I spit it out. It wasn’t sugar at all.
It was cocaine.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, LADY!?”

“Nothing. I’m just being me!” Pinkie giddily squealed, happily smiling with her eyes shut in a cute little pose, as she ‘squee’d’ once.

I’m going to ask you again. You let me go. If you don’t, you WILL die, Pinkie. I swear to fucking god, I will kill you, you sick-”

She smacked me across the face. I yelled in pain. Hooves hurt.

“Now, now, this is a party. Parties are all about having fun!” she said, as she wheeled out her cart of blades. The cocaine was starting to kick into my system. My eyes dilated, and my heart rate jumped. The elegy statue from the game, BEN, materialized right in front of me. I stared each of my enemies down with prejudice. Jesus... BEN was REAL.

“You’re both gonna fuckin’ pay for this...”

“Oh, silly, nopony will find out. This is just between you and me.”

Apparently, she didn’t see the statue standing behind her. She grabbed her knife, and slowly moved it towards me. My heart rate spiked up even further. I quickly surveyed my options. For one, I was tied down by my limbs, but not my head. I quickly formulated a ditch effort plan, and proceeded to set it in motion as the blade drew closer. Now was my chance. The coke had kicked in quite a bit. I was much, MUCH more aware now. If perhaps, by freak chance, I could knock the knife out of her hoof at the right angle, it would land on one of my leather straps and cut me loose. Better to try than to die in vain, right?

3...
2...
1!

I quickly gave Pinkie a headbutt to the face. She squealed in pain, wrenching back and grabbing her nose as a trickle of blood ran down her. The knife flew into the air, and time seemed to slow down as I watched it spin. One rotation, two rotations, three, four. It suddenly stopped, and fell downwards...

Right through my left straps. My whole side was free. Pinkie quickly reached for another knife and tried to slash at me, but I bent down, procured the lost instrument, and both blades clashed. I kicked her in the face with my free leg, which sent her reeling backwards. I took the window of time to cut my other restraints loose with the newly procured weapon, and I fell to the floor.

“Kill or be killed. Fight. Survive. You are fighting for your life. Don’t hold back, Nick. Remember what dad taught you about hand-to-hand combat...”

“You wanna go, Pinkie? Let’s do this shit!”

The song of unhealing continued to play as our battle commenced. Our fighting went on for several minutes, and in my head, I was having another battle...

“Kill her! She was gonna make treats out of you!”
“Don’t kill her, she’s just hopped up on drugs!”
“Are you fuckin’ crazy, Nick? She will end you if you don’t fight back!”
“Turn the other cheek...”
“Kill her!”
“Help her!”
“Cut her damn head off!”
“Knock her out, if you have to! Just don’t let your anger make you do what you did to Carrot!”
“Kill this disgusting cannibalistic freak. It would be better for everybody.”

“Woah! Madame McFlour, check this out: the human’s eye changes colors!”

Then, I was broken from my thoughts, still dodging and parrying Pinkie’s slices and jabs, as a voice could be heard from upstairs.

“Nick, We’re back!”

I quickly looked in the direction of the stairs as soon as I heard the words, which was, to put it bluntly, a pretty stupid idea. Pinkie swung at me again.

“OI! MOTHERFUCKER!”

three of my left fingers flew off. I dropped the knife and gripped my hand in pain. Pinkie picked the blade up, then swung at me with both. My left hand flew off entirely.

“OH SHIT!”

With my remaining hand, I grabbed her by the mane, and slammed her into the ground, blood flying every which way from my destroyed arm. I dove on top of her, but I landed on my bad side.

“OW! MY RIBS! DEAR GOD!”

I was in so much pain, I could barely move. Pinkie threw me off of her, and stood up, towering over me with the knives. This was it. I was dead. I gently closed my eyes, and braced for death. I prayed again.

“When I die,”
“Show no pitty,”
“Send my soul to Juggalo City.”
“Dig my grave six feet deep,”
“Put two matches by my feet,”
“Put two hatchets on my chest,”
“And tell my homies I did my best.”

Just then, I heard a scream and a loud crashing noise; the sound of wood falling apart..

“NO!”

I drearily opened my eyes and sat up. Applejack was attacking Pinkie, overtop of the now destroyed party table. They were going at it wildly, throwing hooves left and right. I took the opportunity to head for my gun, grabbing it, and checking the magazine: twelve rounds. I ran over to the two mares duking it out and slapped Pinkie Pie upside the head with my gun. she squealed, and I dropped my weapon, holding her down with Applejack. She pulled out a lasso from her saddlebag and began to hogtie Pinkie.

“Okay. Girls, we gotta get Pinkie some help, and we need to bury Carrot. He’s dead.”

The CMC were frozen in fear at the decor of the room, sick to their stomachs. they got up and ran away, scared and, likely, scarred of the scene. It was left to me, BEN, Pinkie, and Applejack, the latter of whom stared at me, and then to the yellow earth pony’s body. her own heart raced at the gruesome state of the room, still holding a violent Pikamena underneath her, and the song of unhealing finally faded away.

“Wait... he’s dead? What did ya do!?”

I shuffled nervously, averting eye contact slightly.

“Lie about it! She won’t forgive you for killing! Not after all this!”

“It was Pinkie. She was going to eat him.”

“WHAT!? NO I WASN’T, YOU LIAR!”

I walked over and planted the barrel of my gun to Pinkie’s head.

“YOU shut up, you lying cannibal freak!”

“Nick, sugar, stop that right now!”

“Yeah, you’re right Applejack. I should calm down. Did you know she does cocaine?” I asked, taking the gun off of Pinkie, and walking over to Carrot’s corpse and slinging it over my back. Applejack looked over to me, a bit surprised at the statement.

“No, but the hospita’ tol’ us that she done got this illness they call ‘skitzerfrener’ or somethin’.”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah, they done gave us the record right ‘chere.” Applejack said, exposing a manilla folder that was in her saddlebags. She lifted Pinkie up on her back and we walked up from the demented hole that was Sugarcube’s basement. As we got to ground level, I saw the girls were trying to clean up the blood stains and broken glass that littered the floor. I set Carrot’s body down on the nearby table and approached Applejack, who handed me the records. I opened it and began to read. It was a diagnosis form filled out by nurse Redheart. It gave the specifics of Pinkie’s issues, mentioning her unhealthy tendency of talking to inanimate objects. I remembered that from Party of One. I continued reading, and the file went on to say that Pinkie should never attempt to consume a controlled substance, or her illness may worsen. I folded the papers away, and put them in my pocket. My stubbed arm stung in pain and shot out blood. I fell to the floor and covered it with my other.

“Can anyone get me some bandages!? I lost a fuckin’ hand back there!”

I tore my shirt off, and wrapped it just underneath the wound, and pulled tightly on the knot, forming a homemade tourniquet. That would stop the bleeding for a while. I needed a branding iron next to seal the actual stub.

“I’ll also need a branding iron, and a fire going.”

The girls split, running through town to get me the supplies. I was left to deal with Pinkie Pie. I stood up and walked over to her, a fire in my eyes. I kneeled down beside her, smirking.

“You know, I should kill you, you little batshit loon.”

“Untie me, and we’ll see how tough you are, human!”

“Pinkie Pie, stop being like this. This is NOT you. You’re a fun-loving party animal. Lay off the drugs. That shit’s poisoning your mind.”

“That little green thing told me not to trust anypony but my real friends; Rocky, Sir Lintsalot...”

“What little green thing? The statue?”

“Yes.”

I sighed and chuckled, looking at the ground with a smile. My eye came back up and met with Pinkie’s again, and instead of a thirst for revenge, it was soft and kind.

“Do not, under ANY circumstances, listen to that thing. For your own sanity, and for the safety of your REAL friends, Pinkie, please, for the love of god, do NOT listen to that thing.”

“Why should I trust a human I just met!?” She yelled. She threw an angry glare, trying to bite me, lunging her head forward. I sat down on the floor and wiped the blood off on my pants.

“Look, you don’t have to, but I want to ask you a few questions, Pinkie. I’m not going to hurt you. I just want answers.”
Pinkie just kept her pissed off glare trained on me. She probably wasn’t going to tell me anything. I decided to try anyway. I collected my thoughts, and rested my head in my hand, holding it underneath my chin.

“First of all, Where did you get the cocaine?”

“What, you mean that super sugar?”

“No, I mean cocaine.”

“Derpy told me it was some kind of super sugar.”

“You got it from Derpy?” I asked, looking at Pinkie more intently now. Her tone was changing, and her hair instantly poofed back to its curly state. She was returning to sanity.

“Yep. She’s got this new kind of candy delivery service for the mail. Big Mac is a customer too! He gets these little purple candies. He takes a bunch of them and goes to share them with the girls. He’s so fatherly.” Pinkie said, smiling a bit. She had come back, her carefree self. I figured it was a good a time to talk as any.

“Yeah... fatherly... So... he’s a viagra addict.”

“Did you know you’ve been eating other ponies?”

Pinkie wasn’t sure what to say. She just gave me a dumbstruck look, mixed with a bit of fear and disgust.

“EWW! I’d never do something that gross!”

It was obvious she wasn’t aware of what she was doing in the basement. It left me with only one option: take out the source of the drugs. If she kept away from the coke, this would never happen again, according to the medical records. There was nothing we could do for her schizophrenia, but we could keep her from killing anybody if she stayed off the drugs. At that moment, however, the rest of the gang burst through the door with the supplies I asked for. I stood up and walked over to the basement, looking over at the others. I walked downstairs and collected my equipment, which was scattered all over the floor. I dressed, though doing so in such a maccabe environment is, well, extremely hard to do. BEN was standing there, and as I picked up my gun, my final piece of equipment, I heard a serpentine voice.

“You shouldn’t have done that...”

I turned around in fear, my neck making a ‘crick-crick’ sound in the process, which met the statue.

“Did... did you just talk?”

No response from the statue. My heart jumped again in fear. I kept staring at the little green thing, and, out of nowhere, the skull kid screamed. At the yell, an earthquake suddenly hit, and a support beam from the basement fell apart and pinned me to the floor.

“HELP!”

The quake continued to rock the structure, objects of all kinds falling off shelves and whatnot. The CMC ran outside, carrying a tied up Pinkie Pie with them. Applejack heard a cry from the basement and ran down to acknowledge it, and when she arrived, she saw me struggling to get free. I turned my head to my friend, cracking a bit of a smile, yet sweating in a panic as another piece of ceiling fell down beside me. BEN was trying to bury me alive in Sugarcube Corner.

“Applejack! Help me out! Please!”

She nodded and gripped my good arm, trying to pull me out as yet another beam fell behind her, and then another, and another.

“Hold on, sugarcube! Ah got ya!”

Another yank, and I came flying out from under the debris. I weakly clambered onto Applejack’s back, gripping her gently around the neck as she ran up the crumbling wooden staircase. As we bolted out of the building, at the very last second, the structure collapsed into pieces. I thought about Carrot; we’d left his body in there. So much for a proper burial. I shuddered, growing weak.
The mask salesman giggled, which made my spine shiver. I wish I was back home in my bed. Why in the love of god did I have to play that cartridge? Why didn’t I just stay away? Any brony would love to be able to visit Equestria, but let me tell you, if by some freak chance you come here? Run. Run far the fuck away. I’ve only been here for half a day, and already, I want to leave. The cities are slums. Their world is no better than ours. There are racist biggots, alcoholics, incestual rednecks, child molesters, domestic abusers, and even cannibals. Stay the fuck away. I’m warning you now. I’ve a feeling it’s only gonna get worse, but as for going home, there’s nothing I can do for now. Yet, there is some light - perhaps I can fix this. I brought BEN into our world, and he brought me here, and so far, he’s been the cause of pretty much everything I’ve experienced here. This was my war, and I needed the help of the six. We needed to work together to kill him. So much for love and tolerance. Two questions bobbled around in my head though...

How exactly DO you kill a spirit? How the hell do I get home?

And at that thought, I passed into unconsciousness from blood loss as the skull kid giggled.

---

A voice, quite obviously a male, yet not serpentine like that of the statue spoke up from the rubble of Sugarcube Corner.

“So, Jadusable... you want to play dirty? We’ll play dirty. We WILL kill you and your friends with our next trick. You may have survived Sugarcube, but trust me... chaos will reign, human.”

The mask salesman giggled throughout Equestria, sending a deathly cold shiver down the spine of everypony in the nation. The serpentine one spoke again.

“BEN is getting lonely...”

PreviousChapters Next