• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 5,647 Views, 126 Comments

The Empresses - CrossRedstone



What happens when you wake up from a coma and find out your best friends have taken over the world? Apparently this.

  • ...
7
 126
 5,647

Prologue

Author's Note:

As a reminder, I had wayyyyyyy too much sugar while writing this. Why? I was out of my ideas for my other stories and thought sugar was the answer. Now three days later I decided to get your opinion on this. Is it worth continuing?

Rarity let out a content sigh, feeling her personal masseuse Aloe and Lotus do their magic on her wings. She couldn’t imagine, how she could live so long without the two constantly at her disposal. Then again, she didn’t always had wings, but still.

“Mmmmm…” Rarity or the Empress of Generosity as most people called her these days, closed her eyes, allowing herself to relax, her arms falling of the table she was lying on. “Oh yes, mmm. What would I possibly do without you two?” she asked, a smile gracing her lips.

“We’re glad to be of service.” Aloe and Lotus spoke at once, carefully cleaning her wings of any out of place feather and little particles, which got caught inside them. The Empress would have loved to just lie there for an hour or two, after all, it had been two straight days, since her last preening session. Unfortunately the Empress of laughter decided to teleport right this moment into the room. Unfortunately, when she teleported, she always did it with a bang, followed by confetti and streamers.

“HEYA!”

“AHH!” All the other girls jumped in place, with one of the twins knocking over the table Rarity had been laying in. The Empress ungracefully landed face first on the ground. The twin masseuses gasped, quickly helping the Empress of Generosity back up on her feet. Both humans had terrified gazes on their faces, but luckily for them Rarity’s anger was directed towards a certain pink Empress, flying in mid-air.

“I hope for you that there is a good reason for your rather rude interruption.” Rarity flew up until she was at the same height as her pink counterpart was. Said pink Empress just giggled, putting a few streamers on her friend’s head. “Oh you need to lighten up, Rares. OF COURSE I have a good reason for coming here. I get to see one of my super, duper, best friends!” the Empress of Laughter shouted, a mad grin stretching on her face. The Empress of Generosity suppressed the urge to let out a groan.

“Well, if that is all-”

“Oh, of course! Almost forgot! Here’s your party invite!” Pinkie put her hand into her hair and took out a very colorful envelope, which looked like a child had drawn on it. Rarity’s eye twitched in annoyance, as this was the third party this week. And the tenth this month.

“Another one?” she couldn’t help but asked.

“Oh this one’s special.”

“How so?”

“Well DUH!” Pinkie flew closer to Rarity, until she was right next to her white counterparts ear. “Because Sunny has woken up obviously.”

Immediately all annoyance was forgotten, as Rarity’s jaw dropped, until it hung lose.

“P-pardon?”

“PSH!” Pinkie pressed a finger on Rarity’s lips, looking over to Aloe and Lotus suspiciously. Both girls gulped, taking a few steps backwards.

“It’s a secret.” Pinkie whispered to Rarity. “See you at the party!” the pink girl cheered, before disappearing with another bang and more confetti and streamers.

Rarity carefully removed the confetti and streamers from her head with her one free hand, while slowly and gracefully descending back on the ground. Once her feet touched the ground, her masseuses didn’t hesitate to help her lay down on her extravagant fainting couch and quickly prepared her some tea.

“Are you alright, my Empress?” Lotus asked with a concerned voice.

“Yes.” The Empress of Generosity said after a while, silently accepting the tea. “Yes my dears, I am okay.” She took a careful sip of her tea, before placing her cup on a nearby table. “I just need a moment. And I am afraid we have to cut this session short. I need to talk to Empress Midnight immediately.”

She smiled at her two servants, reassuring both of them a little. “You two are free for the rest of the day.”

“Thank you, Empress.” Both masseuses bowed, before leaving the room. As soon as the huge double doors were closed, Rarity let out an ear piercing squeal, flying circles in her room, until she had calmed down.

“Finally, finally Sunset! After all those years! Oh, Twilight will be so delighted to hear this. I better go and tell her immediately.” Rarity’s horn glowed in a beautiful azure blue, before she disappeared.


Midnight could feel her fellow Empress Glowing Gem, charging up the teleport spell, before she appeared in her room. As such, the Empress of Magic wasn’t surprised at all, when the other Empress arrived in a flash of light.

“Is there a reason for you to be here?” Midnight asked in an almost hostile tone. “I am very busy at the moment.” she pointed at a book lying open on her desk, along with at least three tablets and the PC was on as well.

“Oh Twilight, I really need to lend you Aloe and Lotus one of these days. Judging by your face, you haven’t heard the good news as of yet.”

“Good news?” Midnight asked with a raised eyebrow. “Unless my brother finally brought me the head of the rebel leader, I fail to see what could be so important to interrupt my studies.” She almost growled, but controlled her temper.

“Oh, it is much better than that. Honestly, I am surprised Pinkie didn’t tell you first. After all, it is your Knight in shining armor, who finally after years woke up in the hospital, after heroically saving your life.”

In less than a split second Midnight was face to face with the other Empress, who was surprised and a little afraid, seeing the mixture of excitement, anger and hope in the eyes of the Empress of Magic.

“Sunset...is awake?” Midnight whispered.

“Well, considering Pinkie Pie is normally right with those, things, yes I think it is safe to assume-”

In a flash of light, Midnight disappeared, leaving Rarity alone in the private study. “Oh dear.” Rarity channeled her own magic, following Twilight to the hospital wing of the castle. There she found the doctors cowering in front of Midnight, who was emanating an aura of magic, which normally overwhelmed mortals, as it let others feel her strength. Rarity acted quickly and put a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

“Dear, you’re showing you aura again.”

Realizing what she was doing, Midnight stopped the flow of magic, reluctantly.

“You.” Midnight hissed, pointing at one of the doctors. “Your report, immediately.”