• Published 26th Jun 2016
  • 871 Views, 32 Comments

Equestria's Sudden Nutella Troubles - TheMajorTechie



... Have you ever wondered what Equestria would be like if it were swamped in Nutella?

  • ...
3
 32
 871

Equestria, in a NUTELLA-Shell

Author's Note:

I really don't know what this monstrosity I wrote is. I should stop writing ideas based on ideas I come up with late at night.

Twilight slowly backed away from the kitchen counter.

"Spike?" She called nervously, "Could you come down here for a moment?"

Spike, sensing the urgency in Twilight's voice, rushed quickly to her side.

On the counter were two, no, four... sixteen jars of Nutella.

"Ok, Twilight, what did you do this time?"

Twilight teleported herself and Spike to a higher floor just as the first jars clattered onto the kitchen floor.

Spike tapped his claw on the table of Twilight's bedroom. "Well?"

"Well... I might've sorta... used a self-replicating duplication spell on a jar of Nutella..."

Spike raised an eyebrow. "And so now, we have an exponentially cloning batch of half-empty Nutella jars."

Twilight shrugged. "Well, granted my magical abilities, why wouldn't it happen? Everypony loves Nutella. I was just thinking that, well... if I used that spell, then we'd never have to buy more again."

"Good point," replied Spike, "but is it really worth swamping your kitchen just to have an inexhaustible supply of Nutella?"

Twilight's attention was momentarily averted by the sound of shattering glass.

"Not just my kitchen anymore..."

A low gurgling sound echoed throughout the room as the Nutella began flooding the entire floor below.

"Twilight?"

"I already heard, Spike. Let's go see how bad it is."

The two rushed to the staircase, only to find it rapidly filling with the sticky, brown, breakfast spread.


Hey.

Wait... who was that?

It's me, Twilight. You just made a narration mistake there, mister.

...How?

You called Nutella a breakfast spread. I believe that you mean 'everything spread'.

Fine, fine.

The two rushed to the staircase, only to find it rapidly filling with the sticky, brown, everything spread.

That doesn't sound right. Here, lemme narrate mysel--

Don't you have a dangerously high level of Nutella sloshing around that's threatening your life?


Twilight suddenly trembled as she was lurched back into reality. By now, the Nutella level had risen to a much higher level, quickly overtaking each consecutive step.

"Twilight, run!"

Spike dashed madly to the windows, pounding with all his might at the hardened crystal.

"Spike, it's no use, remember? And don't forget, I can teleport."

Sheepishly, Spike crawled onto Twilight's back. The second he did, the two immediately teleported out.

"Shut the doors, Twilight!"

"I already am!"

Clang

Once Twilight ensured that the doors were sealed tightly, she and Spike took off for Canterlot.


Celestia gently sipped her tea as she spoke with Prince Blueblood.

"Now, as I've said already, I am indeed, NOT your long-lost mother. In fact, your lineage hasn't had any relation with me for generations. To top that, you--"

The throne room doors threw themselves open.

Twilight leapt into the room, landing on the table. "CELESTIA. I REQUEST A TALK WITH YOU."

Spike hopped off the crazed mare's back. "Sorry, Princess. Twilight tried creating an infinite supply of Nutella. She kinda... failed."

Twilight froze, and eerily turned to face her assistant. "What's that you said about failing???"

"Oh, nothing."

Celestia nodded. "So, about this supposedly 'infinite' supply of Nutella; how did you attempt to create it?"

"It was just a self-replicating duplication spell. Why'd you ask?"

Celestia groaned. "Twilight... you've officially screwed Equestria over."

"HEY, AT LEAST I SOLVED WORLD HUNGER." Twilight snapped back.

"Yeah, by drowning everypony in Nutella."

"Fine, fine. You're right." sighed Twilight, "What should we do?"

Celestia's face began twisting in an odd way. Twilight winced as she watched what she thought was surely the breaking and reassembling of the Princess' facial bones.

Suddenly, in a strange voice that seemed just as off as her face, Celestia finally said, "Who said we were the ones to fix it?"

Celestia tossed a mop and a bucket to Twilight. "If anypony here was asked that, they'd say that you should fix it!"

Spike looked up from his face-book. He stared at Celestia for several seconds, and then looked back to the book's pages, then back to Celestia. After catching several glimpses of what Celestia's face currently looked like, he announced, "Aaaaaaand over here, we have the Great, Infamous, Trollestia!"

"Spike." Twilight growled under her breath, "Stop it."

"Ok, ok."

Spike tossed the book behind his back as he followed Twilight out the door. As he walked, he could here behind him the screams of Prince Blueblood and the cackling of a madmare.

Twilight and Spike watched from the safety of the castle balcony as Ponyville erupted with the immense Nutella-geyser that rose from Twilight's own castle.

"Ponyville... but what about your friends, Twilight?"

"Bah, who needs friends when you have Nutella?"

"Twilight, please, we need to find a way to stop this, before--"

Splat.


That was it. The moment the spell replicated itself, it multiplied the Nutella to the point of no return- within seconds, the entirety of Canterlot was utterly smothered in the spread, covering absolutely everything in it's path. All over, ponies everywhere frantically struggled to avoid the oncoming Nutella-Tsunami, which made it's slow, gooey journey across all of Equestria. The planet had become Planet Nutella, world of the chocolate goo. Aside from the hulking blobs of ponies stuffing their face with Nutella, there was nothing left. Equestria had been truly ended, once and for--

CHOMP!

...all?

Suddenly, the planet seemed utterly devoid of disaster. Somehow, the Nutella had just seemingly vanished from existence. The cause of all that?


Twilight powered down the portal as Kirby burped.

"Well then."

Spike flipped through the Portal Handbook. "We did it. We saved Equestria the moment destruction hit. Using a pink blob."

Kirby burped again.