• Published 29th Jun 2016
  • 527 Views, 26 Comments

Chineighs Word of the Day - Super Trampoline



They say the best way to learn a language is to actually use it, so each day I'll post a short story featuring a Chineighs word in place of an Equestrian one. This will be focusing on Pinyin as opposed to characters, because characters are a pain!

  • ...
2
 26
 527

Dǎsǎo (打扫): To Clean

"Ugh, Zephyr, this room is a disaster! When was the last time you dǎsǎo it?

"Woah, Flutters. I'm really getting some negative vibes here. I need this... t-t-this constructive creativity to help me thrive."

"No. Rarity's work shop is 'constructively creative'. This is just a mess. You want to get your life together, right? Dǎsǎo it!"

"Hey now, Mom and Dad are fine, just fine with the state of my room. It's not your problem, so relax!"

"Our parents, bless their hearts, are pushovers. They may accept it, but do you think a cool mare like Rainbow Dash would?"

"Oh, I'm way over Rainbow Dash. I've graduated in the coolness department, and I don't date below my coolness class. Besides, I don't think her feathers flap that way anyway."

"Zephyr Breeze! Rainbow Dash is not gay; she just has standards! You don't."

"I'm gonna be honest with you, sister. That really hurt me."

"Good. Dǎsǎo your frolicking room!"

Author's Note:

打扫: to clean

Part of speech: verb
Example sentence: 他每天打扫房间。
Sentence meaning: He cleans the room everyday.
Pinyin word: dǎsǎo
Pinyin sentence: Tā měitiān dǎsǎo fángjiān.