• Published 28th Jun 2016
  • 440 Views, 19 Comments

The obsidian wall - Mirai



When an evil force takes over the land and imprisons all of ponykind that are near, havoc breaks loose

  • ...
2
 19
 440

The Vanguard

It was a normal day. I went to school like anybody else. I had a normal life. until she came around. Scientists had been trying for decades now to try to get artificial intelligence up and running. But none expected how it would turn out. The moment that it was uploaded it decided to make us her slaves. unluckily for us, we were lived right in Manehattan, where it was born. We called it the Vanguard, and until it is destroyed, we will never be free.

I was walking to my school. My friends Luna, Rainbow dash and Fluttershy joined me. Luna's big sister was the princess, Rainbow Dash was a star athlete, while Fluttershy volunteered at animal shelters on her spare time. Me? Well, I had accomplished nothing. The only thing I was good at was school. You don't exactly get much recognition for being an egghead. Just before we arrived at school, Fluttershy yelped. She pointed to me and whispered "Look behind you!"

There was my teacher standing behind me. She had a smile on her face that was would make an asylum proud. She grabbed me, whistled, and then four other teachers, all with that same crazy smile three grabbed my friend and one stole a carrige and stuffed us in the back. The worst part of this already spectacularly crappy day? The teacher's eyes were a vibrant red, a red that seemed to stare into my soul.

The first thing I remember after being taken was the smell. The Vanguard was ripping apart people left and right. While my friends and I were lucky enough to avoid death, we still got sprayed with a red fountain of blood. I heard a thud. I looked to my side. My friend Fluttershy had fainted. My friend Luna was trembling in fear, and my friend Rainbow Dash was vomiting. I stayed strong but it did not help the fear rising up in the pit of my stomach.

As I had a moment to take it all in, it was fair to say this place was even worse than Tartarus. Mares, fillies, colts, stallions, you name it, their bodies were strewn across the floor. We were on conveyor belts, assembly line style, up ahead there was a fork in the path. When pony's went in one end, they came out with those crazy smiles on their faces. When people went in the other, they didn't come out. Fluttershy, having woke up, gripped my hoof and said are we gonna get throught this? " I replied in a very grim tone "I don't know". I wasn't going to lie to her. With her shy and fearful disposition, she would probably be put through more hell then I would.

My friends and I were then sprayed with a blast of cold water. That monster then read out our names starting with mine first. "Infinity, Correct?" "Yes." "Age 15?" 'Yes" Race: Pegasus "Yes." "Place of residence: 2314 mane drive, Manehattan orphanage" my friends looked at me in shock. Up until now I had never had the courage to tell them that I was an orphan. With a heavy heart I replied to them "Yes." I was then separated from them and escorted by a pair of metallic arms into a small cage, taking me god knows where, as I blacked out because of fear.

While in the cage, I noticed there was someone else in there with me. A pony with an orange coat and blonde mane looked at me with empty, dead eyes. With a gasp I recognised her as Applejack, the pony who sat next to me. On her chest was a note reading: "All the voices can't get me now". By her side was a bloody dagger. I then proceeded to scream until I fell unconscious.

When I woke up, I was in a line up with fillies and colts, all my age or younger, in orange jumpsuits mainly, some in straightjackets strapped to tables, but all chanting the same words, "Long live the vanguard", "Long live the vanguard", "Long live the vanguard".

When I looked up I saw a metallic hand using a conductors baton and my teacher with a wicked grin on her face. People were chanting "Long live the Vanguard" over and over and over still. It was getting really annoying. This place was like school on steroids. We were told what to do, and even what to think.

I noticed that everyone there had one defined feature. That crazy smile. And I didn't have it. At least I think I didn't. I stuck out like a sore thumb. I had to get out of there. I had to run. But when I tried to separate my hooves into a comfortable position, I noticed something.

When I looked down I saw my hooves were cuffed together. I struggled but I couldn't move, but then the scientist noticed me. Sweat beading down my face, I let out a bloodcurdling scream. I had had it. I ran as fast as I could, but to no avail. Every single pony in that room was running after me. I knew I couldn't outrun them for long, as the corridor in front of me led into a dead end.

But there was hope. there was a small door open at the end of the tunnel. But as I made a sharp turn and darted in, a bone chilling voice said " You've fallen into my little trap now. There is no hope of escape." I tried to open the door. It opened, but it opened into a ledge on a 40 story tall building. Hanging my head in defeat, I let out a mournful wail. I heard a clanking sound, and a long metallic hand descended from nowhere and lifted me up into the blackness.

A robotic voice then said "Hush little one. One little act of rebellion, and you will sleep forever."

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is a bit short but it's my first story
Please tell me what you think and whether or not I should continue
If I continue, the next chapter will be much longer I promise
I know I haven't used the Nightmare Moon tag yet, but you'll see!