• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 287 Views, 1 Comments

Bunker - Di-o-S



A stallion named Bolts is forced to retreat to his bunker after he hears a bomb siren.

  • ...
 1
 287

SES

Sirens

I skirted around the corner, the siren still ringing around the house. My mind was a whirlwind of thought, what should I grab? How much do I need? Do I have enough time? All thoughts quickly washed away in my haste. My magic reaches out to grab all that it can carry in its blue glow. Food,water, tools, a family photo, playing cards even a bit or two.

Gathering everything that was in my magic I put it in my saddlebags and bolted out the front door. I was running down a forest path near to my house to where my bunker was. Hopefully, I had enough time to get there before…no don’t think about it just get to the bunker, just need to get there and it’ll be okay. Whether it is luck or fate I reach the metal entrance to my safe haven. Bring my keys out I drop them, of course, I dropped them. Cursing, I search for the keys in the dying sun’s glow. Once I have the keys I unlock the door and run inside slamming it behind me. With a sigh of relief, I start the process of locking the door behind me which didn’t take long.

Finally, I descend into the gray halls of the bunker. The main room greets me, it doesn’t have much, a kitchen, couple of books, an old radio, a couch and some chairs, the rest I was meant to bring. Walking over to the kitchen I take out the canned food and start to stock up the empty cupboards, can after can go's into the wooden cupboards. Once the cans are put away I take out the family photo and put it on the small center table. The picture has my mom, dad, me and my sister. A smile comes to my face at the sight of them that smile, however, vanishes when the gravity of what just happened hit me. Shaking my head I thought, stay positive it's the only thing you have down here.

“Now where did I put those playing cards?”

Echos

4/12/???

I took stock of the food supply today, so far so good. I should last until 9/24/???. Water could become a problem but I have a couple weeks to figure it out so I should be fine. I’ve been staying occupied by reading some of the books I had down here though I find myself running out of reading material quickly.

With that written down, I grabbed a book and started to read. The clock ticked as the hours flew by.

4/27/???

The water problem is still a problem but I have a theory on how to fix that. I think I can hook up the purifier to the old pipeline connected to the lake down below, this should bring clean and fresh water. On a side note, I’ve run out of stuff to read, the playing cards are the only thing that I find enjoyable anymore.

Entry finished I walk down the stairs to where the purifier is and started to work.

5/21/???

The water purifier was fixed a little behind schedule at least I have clean water. I found myself looking at the picture of my family today. Why didn’t I warn them? Could I have at least tried? It’s getting harder and harder to push these thoughts away. Should I push them away? I have officially run out of things to do that are fun. I’m just going to end this entry here nopony but me is going to read this away.

I sat down on the chair with a sigh, falling into a deep sleep.

6/4/???

I almost forgot about this journal but I guess I should write something down. Things are going great! I have somepony to talk to, their really nice. Keeping all those bad thoughts away. I even found new ways to have fun; with the two bits, I can play poker. Does that sound wrong? No, of course, it doesn’t, I have somepony with me and that’s all that matters. That there is somepony down here with me in this dull gray box.

I started to play poker with my friend again with all that written down, yes my friend the pony who's here with me making sure I'm not alone.

6/7/???

The last entry was not me; I mean it was me just not me. Does that make sense? I don’t know. All I know is that I’m alone down here. What's the point of surviving if I’m all alone in the end? I know I should try to keep these thoughts away right? Just block them out. I can’t there’s too many whirling around in my head to stop them, so why try?

After that was written down the thoughts overwhelmed me like a wave crashing down. I curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep.

7/30/???

My entries are becoming few and far between but I’m not a consistent pony. The water purifier broke, what's worse is that I can’t fix it. The part that broke needs a replacement, a part I don’t have. Stupid me didn’t think that would happen, so now I’m on a limited amount of water as well as food. Boredom is becoming my worst nightmare here, my own thoughts right behind it. I’m marked a bit on one side and flipped it to see what side it would land on; that's become my main source of entertainment but it’s wearing off. The date where my food runs out is coming closer and closer. My water will run out then too. I have mixed feelings about this date. On one hoof I die and these thoughts don’t plague me anymore, on the other hoof. No there's no other side to this, my mind is made up.

8/24/???

Should I laugh because I think I should. Dumb me spilled half of what’s left of my water supply. So now I have fifteen days of water left. I’m laughing right now, it’s the funniest thing that's happened since I came down here. Maybe I should do the same to my food supply just whoops and half of it is gone, it’ll be hilarious! Besides it won’t matter how much food I have without water I’m a goner.

9/9/???

Today's the day just drank the last of my water. Now I’m just going to wait here on the floor with these two bits I left here. All alone, nopony is going to find me down here. Nopony will know what happened to me. This is my last entry and I’m going to talk about myself, funny right?

Silence

Inside the bunker laid a stallion named Bolts who had his entire world get ripped away from him with a single siren wailing over the hills for all to hear. Outside the bunker, the sun rose to mark the 10th day of the month. Inside the stallions house was a radio, that radio outlasted Bolts and light it will shed on this story you just read.

“Ponies I must remind you that today is the day when a stallion named Bolts was presumed missing by his family after he didn’t return their calls to which they say and I quote ‘He always picks up the phone even at work, he would take some time out of his day to answer a simple call from home’ now if you’ve heard anything that might lead to the finding of Bolts I suggest you go to your nearest police department to report it. This isn’t the first missing case but it's the first to remain unsolved, what's most interesting is that he went missing on the day we tested our bomb alarms,”

So there now you know the full tale a grim one at that but in the end, it's a story that needed to be told.

---End---

Author's Note:

I tried something different in this story and that is the use of semi-colons (sparsely) if I used semi-colons wrong in any way tell me and I'll fix it, I enjoy feedback.

Comments ( 1 )

Good story. I forgot the name of it but I think I remember what game this could be absed off of.

Also, rip Bolts

Login or register to comment