• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 1,325 Views, 67 Comments

Brave to the Soul - Allen H



Bo, a Brave Heart from the realm Harmonia, has entered a world unknown to her.

  • ...
2
 67
 1,325

Chapter Seven- Disturbance investigation

Bo’s eyes flung open. They felt heavy, like the whole world just didn’t want her to open them. It was a struggle just to keep them open while she looked at the blank ceiling above her. She tried lifting herself from the ground, but her body resisted any movement she attempted. In fact, it felt as if her whole body had become disconnected, like her brain had lost its control over her limbs. Bo tried to remember what happened, and wherever she was now. The last thing she could remember, other than the strange dream she’d had, was being taken to see a pony named Pinkie Pie because her new friends wanted to cheer her up. She had been really depressed about being taken from a world she had come to love, and above all, her friends and loved ones.
"Pull yourself together you pudding brain,"Bo thought to herself, "No time to think negative...first try to figure out your situation."

She was having a tough time figuring out what to do; since she was unable to move at the moment, she was as helpless as stale bread. Just as she was trying to move herself again, the head of a brown pony popped into her vision. The stallion unicorn had surprised her with the way he had suddenly showed up. If she could move, she would have jumped up and possibly hit him .

“Good to see that you’re awake. You made your friend and I worry that you weren't going to wake anytime soon.” Bo just stared at the pony as he moved about her sight, her gaze followed him as he examined her. He pressed a stethoscope to her chest after looking and checked a number of beeping monitors. Bo realized that she was no longer wearing the poncho when she felt the too-cold metal end of the medical tool on her wool through a thin hospital gown. “Ah, you've got a healthy heart beat now, that’s good.”

Bo tried to move her mouth to speak, but like her body, it was if she had forgotten how to move her lips. Though she was able to struggle out three words,
“Where... am...I?”

“Why dear, you're at Ponyville’s general hospital.” The brown unicorn stallion said cheerfully, displaying a comforting smile. After putting away the stethoscope, Bo could see that the unicorn was trying to determine something. His face was scrunched up as he looked at a clipboard he was floating near his face. He began flipping through the pages on the clipboard quite fast.

Pausing for a moment he looked over to Bo. “Are you having any problems with motor control Miss,” He flipped back to the first page on the board,” Ah, Ms. Bo?”

Bo responded as best as she could, barely putting out a whimper of a “yes”.

“Ah, well that is to be expected. You were under some powerful magic...nothing like I have ever seen.” The colt said as he placed the clipboard back to where it had been. “Now I’ll be right back." He gave Bo a comforting smile once more. "I need to inform your friend that you're awake. She’s been quite frantic about your wellbeing. The poor mare passed out from hyperventilation when she brought you in."

The pony, who she supposed was a doctor, walked away gingerly. Bo would have moved her head to watch him walk out of the sterile hospital room, but it was a struggle to crane her head to its side. She felt so helpless in her current condition... though she knew she had to get better soon. For her heart's sake.


Dr. Heartbeat walked satisfyingly down the calming white halls of the hospital, just having checked on his new patient. Though he was happy that she made through her condition quite well, the magic that had been weaved about her was concerning him. It was something he had never seen before, and he has seen a wide share of spells that have afflicted ponies. The spell gave off an unsettling aura. One of a more frightening nature; Chaos, but not quite like when Discord had been unleashed.

Thank Celestia that draconequus was back to being encased in stone. Though it had been unsettling when he had discovered the chaotic, taint nonetheless, it had also been a bit interesting. When he had questioned the buttercream mare pegasus about why the black lamb had the chaotic taint , she simply said that she didn’t know, and that Bo was new to Equestria.
“New to Equestria...what is that supposed to mean?" Dr. Heartbeat supposed she meant Bo was new to town. Despite wherever the black lamb originated from, the dreaded spell she was under had dissolved only a few hours after her admittance.
Further research is needed to concluded to the lamb's health and condition.

As Dr. Heartbeat entered the lobby room, he noticed the buttercream pegasus being comforted by a lavender unicorn mare with a rather unique cutie-mark. The best he could have described it to anypony was that it was a pinkish purple six point star overlapping a white six pointed star, with five small orbiting white stars. Her dark blue mane with its two streaks of purple and pinkish colors were in a disheveled order.

He was glad to see the mare in a more pleasant mood, she had been extremely upset and worried over Bo's health. He had a feeling news on the lamb being awake would further cheer the shy pegasus's spirit more.

He had been about to approach her when he heard something from the lavender unicorn. It truly wasn't something that would normally stop a pony from moving, but since his current patient was tied to it, it concerned him deeply.


Beams of the new sun peered through the windows of Ponyville's library. The branches of its tree structure, which were still alive even though the innards of the tree was hollowed, blocked some of Celestia's sun from cascading its light through some of the windows. During this time, most ponies would be waking with the greeting of the sun's light, but one determined student had been awake throughout all of Luna's starry night. The lavender mare, Twilight Sparkle, was busily scratching down notes at her desk. Twilight sleepily levitated the quill she had been using on the desk’s edge as she stretched her forelimbs.

" *yawn* Another good session of study and...*yawn* ...I think it's time to rest for a bit," Twilight said to herself sleepily, dragging her hooves across the floor as she moved to the stairs.

This was a normal affair with Twilight. She would become so focused in her studying that she would completely lose track of time until one of her friends came to the library, usually it was Rainbow Dash looking for more Daring Do. Being the Element of Magic, and more importantly Celestia's personal student, Twilight essentially wanted to keep strong on her studying of magic and friendship.

"I hope none of the gang are disappointed if I don't want to-"

"Twi, you down there?" Twilight's trusting and loving assistant called from the top of the staircase. "I just received a letter from the princess, and I think you should take a look at what it says."

Just the mention of getting a letter from her mentor filled Twilight with a burst of energy, clearing her foggy mind from her overnight study.
“I'm down here Spike!"

Spike, Twilight's assistant baby dragon, came rushing down the steps after her response.

"You know this overnight studying isn't good for-" Spike paused on the stairs once he saw Twilight. "Nice mane you got there...heh," he said, continuing down the stairs.

Looking up at her mane, she noticed strands of her dark blue hair were sticking out. "Very funny Spike," Twilight glared at Spike as he chuckled at his remark. "Now could you hand me the Princess’ letter?"

Spike did as he was asked, showing the rolled-up scroll to Twilight. She grabbed the scroll with her magic, surrounding it as her horn glowed. Spreading it open while Spike went to her side, Twilight began reading.

Dear Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student,

There is a small assignment I have for you. There has been a disturbing outburst of magic yesterday that resembles that of Discord’s chaotic essence. There is no need to fear, the spirit of chaos is still imprisoned in stone, as I have checked personally. The closest of the two disturbances that I have sensed came from Ponyville’s hospital. Make sure to gather the Elements before you investigate the chaotic source, for I do not know if it may be a threat.

Twilight acted fast after she had read Princess Celestia's letter. She was still sluggish from her lack of sleep, but grabbing something from Sugar Cube Corner when she went for Pinkie Pie would allow her to wake up some. Spike was allowed to neglect his daily chores, as well as the mess from Twilight’s study binge, as Twilight wanted him to go get Fluttershy and Rarity.

"What's with the rush, Twi?" Spike asked as he was about to head off. "If it’s at the hospital, doesn't that mean that whatever could be injured?" His question made Twilight pause in thought. "That is why somepony would be at a hospital, right?"

Though what Spike asked did make a valid point, his final comment did cause Twilight to become a bit concerned about the whole situation. "Go get the girls now, Spike," Twilight said urgently.

The morning dew clung to Twilight's hooves as she cantered through the occasional patch of grass on her way to the Sugarcube Corner. The warmth of the golden rays from the morning sun was comforting, but the worry in her stomach made it difficult to take in the relaxing atmosphere, though the smell that drifted from the gingerbread styled roof of the town’s famous sweets shop lifted her spirit a bit. Pinkie would be most likely baking fresh cupcakes at this time.

"Why howdy there sugarcube!" A voice called out to Twilight when she was close to Sugarcube Corner; the southern accent gave her a clue to who it was. "Whoa Twilight, why’s yer mane in such a mess?"

"Hello Applejack," Twilight said while checking her mane, remembering Spike’s remark this morning. She was so happy that she had run into her light orange friend. Her braided gold mane kept under a western Stetson hat, carrying a basket of red apples that matched the trio of apples as her cutie-mark. "I received a letter from the Princess, and became a bit rushed."

"What’s the Princess say to get you all riled up?"

Twilight let out a sigh thinking of what Celestia had asked her to do, while she and Applejack began walking to the door of Sugarcube Corner. "Hopefully it’s nothing troublesome, but she asked me to gather you and the girls and investigate a magical disturbance at the-"

"Are you going to the hospital too!" The unmistakable cheerful voice of Pinkie Pie, as she appeared out of nowhere beside Twilight, startling her with her half-awake mind.

"Wha-why are you going to the hospital," Twilight asked, a bit shocked with what Pinkie had just said and her sudden appearance.

"To throw a 'Welcome to Ponyville and Get Well Soon' party silly," Pinkie said as she bounced up and down with joy, displaying her enthusiasm strongly.

Somepony new to Ponyville at the hospital did seem like a coincidence, but Pinkie loved to welcome any pony new to town. Even if they’re grouchy. Twilight was just about to question whom the party was for, but Pinkie Pie had disappeared without a trace. That only left her with Applejack to ask.

"Do you know who she is throwing the party for, Applejack? It just seems too weird of a coincidence that Celestia needs us to check on a magical disturbance at the hospital, and she happens to be going there."

"That does sound mighty strange," Applejack said, adjusting the bucket of apples on her back. "But all I know is that the pony is a friend of Fluttershy's, and a lamb at that. Speaking of which, Pinkie told me Fluttershy is already at the hospital."

Learning that there was a lamb at a pony hospital, and that there could be a small chance that it was what made the chaotic ripple of magic was rather...peculiar. Though now that Twilight knew that Fluttershy was already there, that only left Rarity and the all too hotheaded Rainbow Dash to gather up now. Knowing Pinkie though, even if the lavender mare didn't know where her daring friend was, the pink mass of fun and laughter would somehow drag Rainbow Dash to the hospital. Nopony ever missed her parties, especially those the pink pony considered to be friends.

Twilight groggily trotted beside her light orange friend while they traveled to ponyville's hospital. "Spike will be getting Rarity, I just hope he doesn't take too long."

"Ha, ha," Applejack laughed at what Twilight was indicating. Spike had a crush on the white unicorn, and thought he had kept the little secret only to himself. How could he not, when he would get weak in the knees in her presence, and carry out to her every request. "Let's just hope the poor guy doesn't happen upon Rarity during one of her 'Inspirations'." Applejack couldn't help but giggle innocently at her jest.

"Yes, let's hope..." She sounded more serious than her apple farming friend, her mind buzzing with thoughts during their journey.


"Tw-Twilight, why are you here, this early in the morning?" The buttercream pegasus spoke in a low voice as she saw her friend enter the hospital's waiting room. She immediately took notice to the state of her friend’s mane. It was deeply in a need of caring, her bangs jutted out in ways she would never would brushed them into. Twilight also looked to be exhausted.

Twilight trotted up to her, the expression painted upon the lavender unicorn’s face made her worried. It wasn’t anger or any other aggressive emotion plastered on the lavender unicorn’s face, it was disappointment and concern.

Applejack came up behind her, carrying a bucket of apples on her back. “Good mornin’ Fluttershy!” She pulled the tip of her stetson down in greetings. Applejack was about to head off to find Pinkie, which was in the hospital somewhere setting up her party, when she noticed the way Twilight was glaring at Fluttershy. Applejack was about to step between them to ask why she was looking at Fluttershy the way she was, until unexpectedly Twilight embraced the timid pegasus with a strong hug.

“Why didn't you tell me one of your friends was hurt?” Twilight pulled away from her embrace, and locked onto Fluttershy's sapphire eyes. "And why do I seem to be the only one, except Rarity and Rainbow Dash," she said with a small laugh, "that doesn’t know about this new...friend?"

"Well...," Fluttershy shuffled her forehooves nervously on the smooth hospital floor, trying to formulate how to tell Twilight that...in fact she was the only one who didn't know about Bo. "Well...Rarity suggested that I shouldn't worry you over Bo. That we shouldn't bother your studies over something that might be small...."

Twilight seemed rather shocked with her notion; in fact, she seemed a bit embarrassed.
"Heh heh, guess she could have-" She paused, and was as still as a statue as what she just heard registered to her drowsy mind. "Wait!" Twilight yelled, which caused her to get some cold glares from nearby nurses. "Rarity knows too!?" Twilight moved away from her, and began trotting back and forth wildly, her uncared mane bobbed as she paced. Her hooves clopped across the hard floor as she did so. "I guess Rainbow Dash knows as well?!" She said, her voice increased in volume while she waved a hoof about, supposedly claiming something to be true.

Only after her outburst did the lavender unicorn notice the cold looks the hospital staff nearby was giving her. She smiled sheepishly, realizing how disruptive her yelling had become.

"Ye-Yes..." Fluttershy said in a hush low voice, making a small squeak as she eeped and hid behind her mane. "Sh-She was with me when we found Bo...."

"Hey now Twi," Applejack interjected as she came beside Fluttershy. "Don't be frustrated with being out of the loop on Fluttershy. Besides, aren't you here for something important?"

Twilight felt ashamed, she shouldn't have done what she just did...she supposed her lack of sleep was making her irritable. "I'm sorry Fluttershy, Applejack is right...I came here for a different reason." Twilight moved to a cushion that rested at the base of a nearby wall. "I received a letter from the princess that there was something possibly dangerous here.” She sat on her haunches upon the cushion before speaking more. "But she doesn't know what it is exactly, only that she felt a chaotic magic."

Fluttershy let out a breath of relief; she had feared that Twilight would have said something a bit more concerning, such as a dangerous beast that could be loose.

"Have you noticed anything stran-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation Miss, but did you say chaotic magic?" A brown unicorn stallion asked, cantering over in a rush.

Twilight looked dumbfound by his interruption, but more importantly by his question. She looked at Fluttershy, to find a look of recognition to the brown unicorn.
"Yes...I did," she said slowly, raising herself off the cushion while considering why he asked.

The brown unicorn looked rather disturbed by Twilight's confirmation, "There is something I need to talk to you about." He turned to face the main hallway of the hospital. He beckoned Twilight and Fluttershy to follow him as he stopped and waited for them, seeing that Twilight was looking at Applejack.

"You two go with him. Ah got to take these apples to Pinkie," Applejack insisted before the lavender mare could ask. "I'll meet up with you after with Pinkie."

Twilight complied with Applejack, and followed the stallion down the hospital's long hallway with her shy friend. She only wondered if he was leading her to the origin of the chaotic disturbance.

"I was just considering sending a request to the princess to look further into the matter," The colt glanced over his shoulder at them while they continued trotting behind him, "But I overheard that Princess Celestia sent you for the very same reason."

Author's Note:

I feel as if there's no point in writing a story no one seems to be reading, but one person said I should keep writing it. I hope this chapter was OK, I'm just trying to gather the plot together for this story now.

NOTE:I have to go through this chapter and re-indent the paragraphs.

Comments ( 6 )

you carried it really well, i liked it and tnkz for writting it:pinkiehappy:
i dont know why the sistem ddnt sent me the notification that you had added a new chapter, i have this one on my fav list

Interesting, I don't know whether to use a "Dun, Dun, Dun" or a "the plot thickens" quote.
That was handled rather nicely.

Good chapter. Looking forward to seeing how Twilight will take meeting Bo.

PLEASE CONTINUE. I really like this story and Bo is my favorite character. :)

3528216
I'll be trying too soon. Just been busy and distracted.

Now with a Job found, and thoughts clear, I'll be trying to work more on this story.

Login or register to comment