• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 531 Views, 9 Comments

Story of Diane Pie - Middle Ground



The other side to Pinkie Pie on a journey to find her place in life.

  • ...
 9
 531

Chapter 14 - Moving Forward

I never thought my life could end up like this after leaving that Mirror Pool. I met with a pony, got adopted into her family, travelled almost every part of the land, entered into the big city, became part of a family, got a job, revealed my identity to another pony, and now I have gotten said pony involved with the same family I was adopted into after a serious reveal. So much has happened to me in so little time and I honestly did not expect my life to be so hectic. After the big reveal of his past by mistake, Bitter Sweet and I left his office after Miss Jubilee and Tough Love tore Day and Charm away from hugging him so much. They spent nearly four hours hugging Bitter Sweet and we left around 6:38 pm. Miss Jubilee and the others went back home after we left while Bitter Sweet and I went to the park. We sat in the shade of a tree and were silent for a number of minutes; it was rather awkward between us with how things developed so quickly.

Finally, I had to say something, "So....what now? They know about you and they're willing to help you."

Bitter Sweet looked up at the sky, "I don't know.... They just found out by chance and I don't think I could keep them out of my business anymore." Even after all that, he still being difficult.

"Is that really such a bad thing? Is it really so bad to let other ponies in?"

Bitter Sweet gave a deep sigh, "I've spent five long years of my life keeping this 'barrier' around me. Making it so that nothing could pierce through me. I only wanted to keep to myself and do what I believed was right. And yet, after all these years, it only took a few days of interacting with only one pony to shatter my 'barrier'. Honestly, this was truly unexpected...." I felt guilty for getting in his business. But I had to keep going until I could get through to him.

"I know this might be hard for you, but I can help you. Just let me help you come out of your barrier and I'm sure you can be happy again. You just need to try...." I edged Bitter Sweet to try, but his expression didn't change; I was running out of words to say.

"Excuse me, miss, but do you know where I can find the train station? I seem to have lost my way." A mare asked me a question from right and when I turned to answer her, I froze like ice! Meeting with Pinkie Pie would be bad, but I never thought I would end up meeting her older sister, Maud Pie! She was about my height, her coat was a dark-gray color, her mane and tail were straight and purple, she was wearing a dress, and she a stone-like expression on her face. She must have been the 'Stoic pony' Miss Jubilee told me about earlier!

"The Train Station should be down that road leading to the west part of the city." Bitter Sweet was giving her directions and hopefully she would leave without recognizing me. My body shivered and my throat felt like it was being crushed.

Maud Pie looked at me for a moment, but then her expression changed just slightly, "Diane...?" Just from uttering my name, I bolted from my spot and into the streets.

"Diane...?! What's wrong?!" Bitter Sweet called out to me and I didn't answer. The only thing that went on in my head was the need to escape. Just thinking of what Maud Pie would say or do terrified me. I kept running until I finally reached the docks I visited with Miss Jubilee and the others earlier on the east side of Manehatten. I was so tired that I sat down on the nearest bench I could find. I just looked out at the ocean, trying to catch my breath.

"What will happen to me now...?" That question echoed in my mind as I tried to find an answer. Sadly, I couldn't find anything better run away.

"Is this seat taken...?" I looked over to my right and I see Maud Pie sitting right next to me like it was nothing. I try to run away again, but I was too tired to make another escape again.

"You should know that running away from your problems is not the way to do things, Diane." I cannot believe she caught up with me so easily....

"What...huff....do you want...? Why are...huff...you here?" I couldn't help but stay and speak with my 'real' sister.

"I only came here to visit the Manehatten Museum and introduce Boulder to all of the ancient stones. But then I bumped into you when I got there and mistook you for Pinkie Pie. I would have spoken with you sooner, but Boulder got impatient." I wish Boulder kept her occupied longer....

"So what do...huff...have to...huff...say?" I wanted to leave, but my legs were cramped up from the running I did.

"I wanted to know how you're here when I saw Pinkie Pie in Ponyville not too long ago. But it seems that I should just leave it be and ask how you've been." I fell silent for a moment, trying to compose myself.

"I've been fine...." I didn't know what to say to her.

"I see. That's good." That was all Maud Pie had to say?! I know that she is technically my sister, but the only one who could ever get her is Pinkie Pie!

"I'm not sure how you're here, but I know it is none of my business. After you ran off, that stallion, Bitter Sweet, was very angry at me. But after I told him of who I was and what I was to you, Diane, he was willing to listen. He should heading this way after I left to follow you." Even though she said that, Bitter Sweet was nowhere to be seen....

"I can't imagine what you're going through right now, and I won't try to pretend to. But I do want you to know...that Pinkie and I would be more than willing to welcome you back with open hooves whenever you're willing to come back." I...I don't know what to say. She just openly said something out of the blue like it was nothing and expects me to actually believe that?

"I know you won't believe me so easily. But still...." She then embraced me without hesitation; I felt as stiff as a statue in her embrace.

"No matter who it is, Pinkie or Diane, you're both my sisters. And I'm very sure Marble, Limestone, and our parents would agree. Boulder agrees too." I was silent as Maud Pie spoke in her stern voice.

"DIANE...!" I then heard Bitter Sweet call to me as he was running towards us looking rather exhausted.

Maud Pie then releases me from her embrace, "I will now leave Manehatten until my next visit. I only hope we can talk again under better circumstances. And don't worry, I won't tell Pinkie or the other members of our family. I promise." She then began to leave, making her way towards Bitter Sweet.

"Huff...huff...you two...huff...move too...huff...fast...!" Bitter Sweet sounded as exhausted as I was when I got to the docks.

"You need to work out more." Maud Pie was now just messing with Bitter Sweet; I could hear their banter.

"Is she...huff...huff...alright?!" Bitter Sweet sounded so worried.

"Yes, she is fine. I only said some things to her.". She continued to make her leave.

She then began to move passed him, "Look after her for me." She then left us for good this time after speaking her piece. Bitter Sweet then slowly walked next to me and sat down in exhaustion.

"Um...Bitter Swee-" I was then interrupted when he removed his sunglasses and gave me a glare.

"NEVER DO THAT EVER AGAIN!!!" He was very angry at me and I couldn't blame him after what I did.

"Yes sir...!" I was not going to argue with him after that.

Bitter Sweet then gave a sigh, "So...what now? That mare told me that you do have a family and that she was your older sister. Are you going to go back or stay with us? Because personally, I think you still need some time before going back to where you belong." I could have sworn Bitter Sweet said he wanted me to stay....

I smiled, "I guess you're right...." I felt a weight lift off my shoulders.

Bitter Sweet also smiled, "I'll keep this event a secret from the others. After all, my profession prohibits talking about another pony's issues outside the office. I can promise you that." Despite everything that happened, I am so happy to have met these amazing ponies. After Bitter Sweet and I rested at the docks, we then made our way back home to where Miss Jubilee and the others were waiting for us. I can only hope that I can keep moving forward with all of them.

Comments ( 4 )

7427246 Yes, I do. Any kind of feedback is needed.

7427299 Do the names 'True Blue and Copycat' mean anything to you?

7756524 I'm glad you liked it. I'm a pretty busy IRL right now, but I'll get back to finishing the series. Look forward to it.

7772023 Thank you for favorite-ing my story...! Glad you like it! :D

Login or register to comment