• Published 29th May 2016
  • 3,580 Views, 44 Comments

Ponies in a Half-Shell - MetalJrock



The TMNT find themselves in Equestria, where they must stop the Shredder.

  • ...
5
 44
 3,580

Training

Leo closed his eyes, focused on meditation. He felt himself at peace, as though nothing could go wrong or distract him. He was kneeling, his hands placed upon his knees. He breathed slowly. The calm serene environment of the edge of Ponyville allowed such exercises without interruption.

"Hey, Leo!"

'Well, most interruptions...' Leonardo thought. He opened his eyes and stood up, looking up at the flying cyan pegasus with a slight scowl formed on his face. Rainbow Dash hovered, looking down at the ninja turtle with a smile.

"What is it?" Leo asked.

Rainbow landed next to the turtle. "You're a ninja, right?" she asked.

Leo raised a brow curiously, seriously wondering if she even had to ask that question. "Yeah. You heard that earlier and even saw us in action. Why do you ask?"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "Duh. Of course I know that. I was just wondering if you show me a couple moves, train me to be like ya!" she poked Leo's chest with a hoof.

"Being a ninja takes patience. Discipline. Something I'm sure you don't have." Leo replied, glancing at the eager mare. Rainbow sighed, knowing that already.

"I think I can handle it."

Leo turned away, thinking about this idea. He smirked as an idea popped in his head. He faced Rainbow Dash once more. "Alright. I'll train you. On one condition. You have to beat me." he explained. "And to make it fair, I won't use my weapons." he added, deciding to even the odds in her favor.

As he promised, Leonardo grabbed his katana and dropped them onto the grass. Rainbow gave a determined look and crouched. "Fair enough. You'll probably regret the decision once I throw ya across the forest."

Leo raised his fists, "I'll like to see you try."

"Don't blink." Rainbow Dash vanished in a blur, managing a hit on Leonardo. Leo heard her coming again, and jumped to the side, causing Dash to crashland. The pegasus spat out some grass that accidently landed in her mouth while getting up. Leo hopped back to his spot.

"That was beginner's luck!" she insisted, leaving the turtle to chuckle. "Too slow on the draw, huh?" he taunted.

This hit a nerve on Rainbow Dash, and in slight anger tried to attack Leonardo again by charging at him. The pegasus landed a punch on him, making Leo turn his head. Feeling pain, he spoke. "Not bad, but you're as impulsive as Raph."

Rainbow flew into the air, planning on throwing Leo onto the ground. The turtle saw the attack coming, but remained still. She yelled as she began to come down. Leo smiled, still in place. Right as Rainbow Dash was about to hit Leonardo, the turtle grabbed her hoof with both hands, and spun her slightly throwing her nearby.

Rainbow, despite her slight dizziness, managed to kick Leo with her backhooves. Feeling proud of herself, she became a blur again, leaving the ninja to track her with his senses.

Suddenly, before he could react, Leo felt something hit his chest, Rainbow kicked him pretty well, knocking the wind out of him. He held his gut, breathing. "You're pretty good." he admitted between gasps. After a moment, he got his breath back.

Leonardo heard Dash coming and in thr blink of an eye, jumped high into the air, avoiding her oncoming attack and landed on a tree branch. At this moment, the turtle saw her confused expression, wondering where he had went. 'Ninja stealth. Always works on my enemies.'

He jumped quietly and snuck behind the pegasus, and performed a sweep kick, tripping her. Rainbow Dash watched as Leo walked in front of her. "You need to work on your stealth and awareness." he told her. Rainbow smirked as she paid him back, by spinning on the ground and kicking him down.

Leo flipped back up in a matter of seconds. "I may have been wrong on that front. You still got the element of surprise," he admitted. "But that's not always gonna help you." he held her down with an elbow on her chest.

Rainbow groaned as she realized that the turtle beaten her. "Fine. You win. You don't have to teach me now."

"Actually..." Leo began. The pegasus perked up and got back onto her hooves, ready to listen to what the leader had to say. "Since you decided to help us, it'd be best if the six of you trained with us to face the Shredder. Because from the looks of it you're pretty uncoordinated. I'll ask Sensei about it later."

Dash's smile grew as he spoke before finishing, "Thank you, Leo! Finally I get to be a ninja master!"


"Fascinating..."

Donatello had finished reading another volume of 'History of Equestria' recommended by Twilight to catch him up on the world. The alicorn smiled at his enthusiasm. "I'm glad you like it, Donatello." she said. The two had been in the castle studying for the day while everyone else had left to fo their own thing.

The smart turtle was comparing his world to that of the princess sitting next to him. 'I have to admit. This world has a pretty interesting history behind it.'

"So, did you learn anything that could help?" Twilight asked.

Donnie nodded, "Yeah. I'll tell the others about what I learned so at the very least we have an advantage over Shredder in terms of location."

"That's good to hear. If you need any help, just me know. I've read and studied these books ever since I was a child." the alicorn sort of boasted.

"I'll take you up on that offer, Twilight."

Donnie grabbed another book from the shelf and propped it on the glass table right in front of him. He opened it and began reading the first page, but before he did, he looked at the purple alicorn who propped herself next to him on the chair, "So, how many more books are there that I should read?"

Twilight looked at the shelf. "Not too much," she answered. Donnie gave her a confused look. "But there's like fifty books still on the shelf." he pointed out.

"Exactly."


Days have passed since the turtles have arrived, and Raphael was growing more aggravated as time went on. It was the same routine everyday, go to the farm, help one of the other ponies, get some desert at Sugarcube Corner, and train. 'It's been almost a week, and we haven't even bothered searching for the Shredder!' he thought.

As of now, the ponies, turtles, and Splinter gathered in the castle. Raph scowled, while the others were unaware of his current atttiude by their inaction.

"Alright, girls. We need a plan." Leo began, but was cut off by an angered Raphael.

"Oh, so now you have a plan!?" he snapped.

Mikey and Donnie looked at their brother in frustration, "Raph, what the shell is wrong with you this time?"

"I'll tell ya what's wrong! We've been sitting in this town for almost a week, and we're just now deciding to figure out a plan!?" Raphael snarled, pissed off.

"Raphael, what has gotten into you?" Rarity asked.

Scoffing, Raphael replied, "What's gotten into me? What happened to stopping Shredder?! He could be doing God knows what across Equestria and we're just sitting around goofing off."

"That's enough from ya, Raph!" Dash spat.

"And what're ya gonna do?!"

Splinter slammed his staff on the ground hard, "RAPHAEL!" he began to scold, "I told you about this. We are all doing something. But we can't focus on Shredder all the time. So for now, calm down and rest. We are aware of the battles that lie ahead."

Panting, Raphael dropped his sai. "Alright. Fine. I'll stick around, but don't come cryin' ta me when Shredder nearly conquers one of your kingdoms or whatever." he added with a sigh, his voice now calm and no longer scratchy.


The Shredder led his army of Foot soldiers through the grassy and muddy terrain. "Ah, according to my scanner. The crystal should be not too faraway. I am surprised those turtles haven't followed me. Good, they will pay for trapping me in this pathetic world."

The Shredder noticed a town nearby. "Hm. Perhaps it's time I show the turtles what happens when you mess with the Shredder..." he said, looking at the sign, reading 'Welcome to Ponyville.'

"Yes. They will have no choice but to reveal themselves in response soon enough..."