• Published 27th May 2016
  • 5,942 Views, 30 Comments

Meetings - Dusk_Writer



Two ponies drop at the most awkward time.

  • ...
5
 30
 5,942

Chapter 1

It was just another boring day in Equestria, at least, to those who had nothing planned. This was not the case for our daredevil speedster. She was anxiously waiting. Waiting for what exactly?

She was waiting was somepony very special.

She was currently pacing back and forth in her living room of her huge cloud home.

"Where is he?" Dash muttered. For her coltfriend had been half an hour late from the said time.

Dash sighed, it was typical of him to be late, but she couldn't help but worry.

Just then a knock sounded. Dash perked up and opened the door to see Soarin.

"Soar!!" She grinned and hugged him.

He hugged her back and said, "sorry I'm a bit late. I had to do a bit of paperwork before coming. Since it's the offseason I had to finish up a few things and let me tell you, it's boring as hell! But, at least I get a month with you!"

"It's fine. I get it. Though, I was expecting you to be distracted by something else, like ya know maybe, food." She smirked.

"What? You callin' me fat?" Soarin broke the hug and smirked back at her.

"No, I'm calling you oversized." She turned her back to him brushed her tail under his chin. He tried to catch her tail with his mouth but she moved it away before she could. "Ah, ah, ah! You can't expect to do that to me do you?" Dash smirked.

Soarin expressed fake hurt, “b-but I'm your coltfriend, it's my job. Please don't fire me.” Dash snorted and started nudging him forward.

“Come on ya goof, dinners gonna get cold,” she rolled her magenta eyes playfully.

He started walking with her and quickly whispered, “but don't think this is over.” Dash, this time shoved him lightly.

“Oh I think it is,” she winked. “Don't mares dominate the whole of Equestria?”

It was Soarin's turn to snort, “when pigs fly.”

“Oh but they already have. Don't you remember Discords short second reign?” Dash smirked once again.

They both reached the small cloud dining table with a delicious looking berry salad and sat down.

“Oh ha, ha. He's the Lord of Chaos, what do you expect?” He then proceeded to take a bite of the salad. “And I didn't know you could cook! I was half expecting something tasting like burnt water…wait is that even possible?”

“Ha! Let's see you try and cook something half as decent, pie boy!”

“Oh come on! The pie thing was just that one time at the gala!” Soarin pouted.

“And?” Dash raised an eyebrow.

“…you're never gonna let me live that down, are you?”

“I'm glad you're catching on,” she chuckled.


The light of dawn shined upon the two ponies sleeping on the cloud bed; one snoring away, the other sleeping soundly.

Well, not anymore as the light of the sun hit Soarin’s face causing him to stir. His eyes slowly squeaked open, the blinding light greeting his face.

“Next time, I'm sleeping on the left,” he murmured, but then was quickly reminded of the figure sleeping…well snoring right next to him. He looked at the soft body in his arms contently and kissed her cheek.

Rainbow’s ears twitched in annoyance as she snuggled herself even closer to Soarin, “five more minutes, mom…” and there continued the snoring.

Soarin blinked, “uh Dash? I'm not your mom…”

“Then five more minutes dad…uh, grandpa…”

He softly snorted, “Dash, wake up.”

She grumbled and stifled a yawn. Her eyes slowly opened, meeting Soarin’s face.

“Wha? You're not my grandpa,” Dash squinted her eyes at his face as he chuckled.

“Apparently not. Hope you're not too disappointed.” Soarin said as he nuzzled her.

“You're not as great as him but meh, close enough,” Dash stretched, now fully awake.

“Geez, thanks for the vote of confidence.” Soarin said in a sarcastic manner.

“I'm kidding! You're awesome too…well, not as awesome as me but close enough,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“You think so?” he raised an eyebrow, subtly bringing his hooves to her sides.

“I know so!” she said confidently.

“Well…” Soarin put his hooves in her sides and Dash’s eyes widened as she felt his hooves, “I don't think so.”

“Oh shit!! Soar—” she suddenly started to laugh as he swiped his hooves up and down her sides. “Ha! Haa—pfft…S-SOARIN!!!” She squirmed and tried to wriggle free but to no avail. Soarin finally stopped, letting her have a breather.

“I the mighty Soarin, have defeated the great Rainbow Dash!” Soarin claimed as Dash huffed and puffed. He then proceeded to get out of bed and open the door to her room, “you comin’ or what?” He smirked.

Dash calmed down and suddenly shot a mischievous grin at him, “well, how about,” she got to the edge of the bed which was towards the door, “you reconsider that claim?”

“What do you—” Soarin yelped as she suddenly pounced on him. They rolled down the cloud stairs, both wanting domination. Finally they ended up near the front door to Dash’s cloud mansion, with her landing on top.

“How about now?” She smirked at him. “I'm naturally victorious Soarin, get used to it,” she winked.

“Oh, haha. Get me unexpectedly will you?” He chuckled.

“Isn't that what you did?” Rainbow rose an eyebrow. He shrugged.

They got closer and closer with a centimetre apart from their lips—BANG! The door suddenly shot open revealing two pegasi.

They were about to walk in but then to their surprise saw Soarin with Dash on top of him.

The first of the two pegasi was a female mare with a light pink coat, magenta eyes and a blue mane that acted just like Dash’s. Her cutie mark was three blue colored lightning bolts.

The second was a grown stallion and looked to be about in his forties. His coat was periwinkle, while his mane was a vibrant colored rainbow, almost the exact same as the other rainbow-maned occupant in the room but it was shorter cut. His eyes were a sharp golden color and his cutiemark was a cloud with blue, yellow and red falls.

The two pairs of ponies stared at each other in an awkward silence when Dash realised what position Soarin and herself were in…it was quite suggestive to say the least. At that same moment the periwinkle stallion whispered to his wife, “did we just interrupt our daughter from having…” his voice lowered down quite a bit more while completing the sentence but unfortunately both Rainbow and Soarin heard them.

Dash quickly got off him blushing madly, the latter doing the same, “nonono! It's nothing like that mom, dad.” She whispered the last part to Soarin so he would get the hint to who they were.

Her father only just raised an eyebrow while Soarin just stood there as stiff as a rock.

“Oh come on dad! Stop joking around, you've scared Soar half to death!” Dash snorted. Rainbow Blaze held his serious expression for a moment but then suddenly burst out laughing.

“The look on your faces! I miss doing this to you.” He laughed and wiped a tear from his eye.

“Well I don't,” she rolled her eyes. “And I think Soarin agrees with me. Don't you?”

“Buh, huh, wha?” Soarin snapped out of his trance to see Dash holding in her laughter. “Geez Dash. I was almost scared to death and you're laughing at me.”

She giggled some more and said, “sorry, but the look on your face was priceless!” Well, at least he knew where she got that trait from.

“Ahem?” Firefly said while giggling at the couple.

“Oh right, my bad. I was just about to make breakfast, come on.” Dash motioned her parents to follow.

“You cook?” Firefly asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah! How come you haven't burnt down the house yet?” Blaze asked her suspiciously. Soarin smirked at her while she rolled her eyes.

“Yes I cook and dad, you can't burn clouds.” Rainbow snorted.

“Don't tell me you forgot the incident at flight camp?” Her mother asked.

“What incid—” then realisation hit. “Oh.”

“Mmhm…never did figure out how you managed to burn masses of condensed water vapour…”

“Oh? I gotta hear this.” Soarin piped in.

Well…” her father began as Dash groaned, this was going to be a long breakfast…


The time quickly flew by as the family ate breakfast but Firefly felt that they had did everything out of order since they had never even met Rainbow’s coltfriend before and so, to the misfortune of Soarin, her parents were mainly focusing on him and firing questions.

“How long have you and Dash been exactly dating?” Blaze asked.

“Uh, well. It's been two months—” Soarin was cut off by the older stallion.

“That's it? Hardly enough time for—” then he was cut off by Rainbow.

“Dad.”

“Alright! Sheesh, I'm joking!” He saw the stiff posture of the baby blue stallion and snorted, “relax son, you're not going to die.” Soarin sighed in relief. Blaze then turned to Dash, “he's a stiff one.”

Rainbow snorted and started snickering, “dad!”

“Oh stop it you two!” Soarin turned to thank Firefly, but then before he could she continued speaking, “don't you see he's a scared little colt who just wants to run away from you two big bad wolves?”

The father and daughter laughed harder as Soarin flattened his brow.

“I swear I'm being bullied by Dash and her family…” he muttered. Dash who heard him, continued snickering.

“And you better get used to it Soar!”

“Uh huh.”


“Goodnight mom, dad!” Dash wished her parents as they decided to turn in for the night. Soarin and herself were also getting ready to go to sleep as they headed for her room just around the corner.

“Well, Soar? What did you think of my family?” Rainbow asked as they entered her room. Soarin’s shoulders drooped down.

“You ponies are crazy…I think I almost died twice from that!” She laughed.

“What can I say? It runs in the family!” Dash then stepped forward and pecked his cheek. “But, I'll give you props for surviving through the day. I can tell you left a lasting impression.” She snickered at the last part as they both climbed into bed.

“Yeah? Well, I'm glad. You are the mare I love, ya know?” He said as he draped a wing over her body and she snuggled closer to him.

“I know.” And they were both out like lights.

Unknownst to them, the two were being spied on by non other than Firefly and Rainbow Blaze.

“Aww! Don't they sort of remind you of us back when we were young?” Firefly whispered to her husband.

“Yeah…and you're making me sound old now…”

“Oh, shut up!” Firefly whisper-shouted.

“Come on, let's go to bed.” Blaze rolled his eyes playfully.

Author's Note:

A little one-shot idea I had. I know it's really short but hey, at least you have something to read…right?

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!

Comments ( 23 )

7251691 guess somebody wants to go soarin' :trollestia:

Squee! :raritystarry: This was so cute!
I'm a big sucker for "meet the parent" types of stories, and this was definitely worth the read. :D A little choppy sure, but still an adorable story nonetheless.

7252012 thanks for reading! :twilightsmile:

I must admit, this is not my best work but it was an idea I just couldn't get out of my head :derpytongue2:

THIS WAS GOOD
I GIVE U 100000000000 MILLION STARS OR DOLLARS
HEHEEHE

This is a nice one! I like it :scootangel:

7387716 You may've! 'Cause I published this on Wattpad as well :3

I literally laughed hard at this, and I mean HARD, and I honestly don't know why. Great job btw:pinkiehappy:

this was cute and I enjoyed it, thumbs up/favorite :rainbowkiss::heart::rainbowkiss:

7749809 Glad you liked it! :twilightsmile:

The names are wrong since I assume her parents are OCs so I
had to keep saying Windy Whistles and Bow Hot Hoof instead of
the names you have down...:raritydespair:

8649353
This was published a long time before the episode containing Dash's parents was released. Firefly and Rainbow Blaze were what everyone used for her parents back then. It was published like this and I'm not really planning to change it.

8650454
Oh I know that I just wanted to post a comment!:raritywink:

8650454
Actually, you keep their real personalities, even if this fanfic is from several years before.

Login or register to comment