• Published 27th May 2016
  • 900 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Girls and The Black Cat - EquineAvenger



The Equestria Girls become trapped in the home of a dark priest when Sunset Shimmer is taken there for help after a road accident.

  • ...
5
 14
 900

Chapter 1

The bells of Canterlot High rang signaling the start of Spring Break. Hordes of students started happily rushing out of the front doors of the school to start their break, the last ones out were Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and their newest friend, Twilight Sparkle. It had been some time since the Friendship Games and the seven girls were ready to have some relaxation time.

“Spring Break is finally here!” Pinkie yelled in excitement.

“What should we all do now that we have some time off?” Sunset asked for some suggestions.

“We could visit the bird sanctuary.” Fluttershy suggested.

“We’ve done that already.” Rainbow said. “I know, we could go to Cloudsdale Statium and see if any big games are happening.”

“We’ve already done that. There’s a big rodeo goin’ on at Apploosa.” Applejack suggested.

“But we’ve been there plenty of times already, darling.” Rarity said. “There is a big fashion show happening in downtown. I bet the outfits are going to look dazzling.”

“But you saw that on TV last week.” Pinkie said. “I know, how about we go to the amusement park. There will be rides, games, and candy. It’ll be so much fun!”

“I don’t know, I still haven’t quite recovered from that incident with the clowns.” Fluttershy said nervously.

“Perhaps we should all do something new this Spring Break.” Sunset suggested. The other girls believed Sunset was right and each one tried thinking of a new thing to do.

“Um, I think I have an idea.” Twilight said and the other six girls turned their attention to her. “You see-.” Then she started whispering into Sunset’s ear as the other five gathered around to hear too. As Twilight explained her idea to her new friends, smiles started forming on all their faces. Apparently, they liked this idea.

A day later, all seven girls were at the train depot. Twilight had also decided to bring her talking dog, Spike, along as well. Thousands of passangers and luggage were loaded on the trains in the depot. The girls eventually found their train and boarded. A few minutes later, the train was chugging on its way.

“Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Car 96, compartment F, Crystal Express. Griffonstone.” The train attendant read their passports. When he was certain they were legit, he bowed his head to them and closed their compartment door.

The girls sat in a compartment big enough to hold all seven of them and one more.

“Wow, we’re going to Griffonstone!” Sunset exclaimed with excitement.

“I know, I’ve read so much about that country and have always wanted to visit.” Twilight explained just as excited. “I can’t wait to visit their library.”

“I remember I had a friend who was from Griffonstone. I bet she’s a member of the Griffons, they’re that country’s equivalent to our Wondercolts.” Rainbow said.

“I gotta try their griffon-scones!” Pinkie said excitedly. “I hear they’re delicious!”

“And I’m quite interested in their country’s attire.” Rarity added.

“I can’t wait to meet the wildlife there.” Fluttershy said.

“I wonder if they’ll have any good-looking poodles there.” Spike said jokingly. All the girls started to laugh.

“Excuse me, ladies.” A train attendant entered the compartment. “A terrible mistake has occurred. Might you perhaps make room for this gentleman?” And in walked a tall, aristocratic-looking man who took off his hat and bowed when he saw the girls. He wore a fancy suit, scarf, and a coat draped over his left arm. He had short, straight dark hair, and he looked to be in his late 30s to early 40s.

“Do please forgive this intrusion.” The gentleman said with a humble smile and deep-sounding voice with a strong Hungarian accent. “It is not necessary to make it so important. These young women need not disturb. I can make myself quite comfortable in the passageway.”

“Oh no, we’ve got an extra seat, you’re more than welcome to share this compartment if you wish.” Rarity said giving in to her generous nature.

“Very kind of you.” The gentleman thanked her. “Thank you.” He said to the attendant who took his leave.

As the gentleman started packing his things in the overhead rack, another attendant came in with some more of the gentleman’s luggage. After a while, all the gentleman’s luggage was put in overhead racks and he payed the attendant a tip for his services before he left the compartment.

The gentleman sat in an open seat between Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack and was across from Twilight, Spike, Sunset, Rainbow, and Pinkie. For a while none of them spoke, but the gentleman did shoot Sunset a friendly and somewhat eerie smile and she returned one of her own. Then everyone’s attention was drawn to a big bag rocking on the overhead rack above Twilight, Sunset, Rainbow, and Pinkie. A moment later, the bag fell from its place, but AJ, Rainbow, and the gentleman caught before it landed on Sunset and Twilight’s heads. The bag was put back firmly in its place and the three took their seats.

“Are you okay, darling?” Rarity asked her friends.

“Were you frightened?” Fluttershy also asked.

“It is better to be frightened than to be crushed.” The gentleman said hoping to relieve the moment with humor. All girls gave little chuckles.

“By the way, my name is Rarity.” Rarity introduced herself.

“I’m Fluttershy.” Fluttershy said quietly and shyly.

“Ah’m Applejack.” Applejack introduced herself.

“Name’s Rainbow Dash.” Rainbow said proudly.

“I’m Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie said with a big smile.

“My name’s Sunset Shimmer.” Sunset said.

“And I’m Twilight Sparkle and this is my dog, Spike.” Twilight introduced herself and her pup who gave a little greeting bark.

“It is a very great pleasure. I’m Dr. Vitus Werdegast.” The gentleman introduced himself. “So you all are going to Griffonstone?”

“Yes, we’re going there for Spring Break.” Pinkie said.

“I hear it’s a very good place. I too am going very near there.”

“What for?” Rarity asked.

“I go to visit an old friend.” Dr. Werdegast answered in a rather ominous tone and turned his gaze to the car window that looked out into the dark, rainy night-covered land.

A couple hours had passed and the girls were now sleeping. Werdegast, however, was still awake. He had been staring at Sunset Shimmer the whole time. Then he gently stroked her red and yellow hair with his right hand. Then he noticed that Pinkie Pie had woken up and was giving him a weird look.

“I beg your pardon, my friend.” He said to her with a sad look on his face. “Eighteen years ago, I left a girl so like your lovely friend to go to war. It was a difficult time for our country back then. She was my wife.” A look of sympathy came over Pinkie’s face. “Have you ever heard of Kurgaal?” Pinkie shook her head no. “It is a prison below Amsk.” His face changed to a more serious and ominous expression. “Many men have gone there. Few have returned. I have returned. After fifteen years, I have returned!”