• Published 26th May 2016
  • 1,526 Views, 3 Comments

The Hunter - PandaVoltz



I almost got a deer, only to be sucked into an alternate dimension during a full scale battle. It was a nice deer too.

  • ...
9
 3
 1,526

BOSS 1- Entry 1- Why Me Methinks

The forest was eerily quiet as I lined up my bow sights on my target. It was five in the morning when I had heard a twig snap, at first I thought it was a squirrel or some other small woodland creature, but years of hunting taught me that deer are very agile and can walk around with making little to no sound. I pulled the drawstring back as slowly and carefully as humanly possible on my compound bow.

Just like Papa taught you” I thought to myself as I slowly exhale, steadying my aim. It was down to this, the moment of truth.

I let the arrow fly, the deer was around 30 yards away, I could see the arrow fly through the air like slow motion rocket. But just as the arrow was about to hit the deer a bright flash and an ear shattering boom forced my senses into over drive, the last thing I saw before blacking out was a giant castle on fire.

----------2 Hours Later----------

Screaming. Screaming was the first thing I heard when I regained consciousness, I immediately thought the worst as my eyes snapped open trying to find the person in trouble. The thing that confused me the most though as I got up was that I was in an alleyway, but I heard another scream and I pushed the worries aside to find the source.

When I got up I noticed that I still had my camouflage jacket, pants, and facemask. Plus I still had my knife, a short six inch fixed blade that was still in the holster, and my compound bow with a total of seven arrows.

If push comes to shove I can still use one of the broad heads as a make shift weapon” I thought as I rounded the corner, what I saw next both terrified and mesmerized me. There where two things in front of me, both looked humanoid, one more than the other. The one on the left was the most humanoid, the only differences were the snout, tail, and hooves instead of feet, I looked female due to the things cleavage. It had blond hair and purple skin that almost looked like fur; it had many scratches and bruises on her. She didn’t look any older than nineteen. The other one was drastically different, and seemed like it was the one attacking the female.

It was completely black with blue eyes, but the thing that surprised me even more was the presence of bug wings and a jagged horn. The next thing the bug like creature did sent me into a rage. It hit the girl.

I don’t say anything as I tackle the bug to the ground, I heard crack as we both landed on the ground. With me on top of him I had the upper hand and drew my arm back before launching a punch that would have made an MMA fighter proud. When my fist hit the things head it was KO'd instantly.

My breathing was ragged as I got up from the creature to go check on the girl. I picked up my bow that I had dropped when I ran at the bug and to my delight it was almost completely undamaged, save a few new scratches. I found the girl looking at me with fear filled eyes as I approached her, when I was about six feet away I held up my hands and said, “Its OK, I’m not going to hurt you, all I want to know is if your OK and what’s happening.”

The girl looked at me in surprise, like she thought I couldn’t talk, that’s when I remembered that I was still wearing the face mask. I slowly take the mask off as to not scare her, revealing my brown eyes, long brown hair, and goatee. She looks at me in complete shock and only mutters one thing, “What are you?”

It confused me for a second, it’s not everyday that you get asked what you are and not who you are, but I answer the question regardless. If I wanted any answers I’ll need to gain this, what I assume by her voice, girls trust.

“Well, I’m a human. My name is Corbin. What’s yours, if you don’t mind me asking?” I say, she looks hesitant to say but gives a small smile and gets up. She stands about five foot three compared to my six foot four height, so she still had to look up at me. She puts up her hand, and when I went to shake it she just pulls me into a hug, catching me off guard.

“Thank you Corbin, thank you, I don’t know what have happened if you hadn’t come.” She said, by this time she was on the verge of tears so I did the only thing that I could, I hugged her back trying to comfort the poor girl. When she stopped crying after a few minutes she breaks off the hug and smiles at me.

“My name is Marionette.” She said, it was an odd name but I kept my comments to myself, thought I did ask one question. “What’s going on, and where am I? One second I’m in the woods bow hunting and now I’m here in what looks like a castle siege with aliens running around.” The last part caught Marionettes attention though she didn’t comment on it. Though she didn’t say anything at first she looked at me and said something that I was not expecting, but was at the same time.

“Yes we are under attack; the thing that you just knocked out was a changeling, a creature that can morph into anything and anyone. This isn’t the first time they attacked but this time they have numbers on there side.” Marionette said with a sad tone, but that got me thinking.

“You said that this isn’t he first time, so that means they have a leader. If I can find them, I can make put an end to this with diplomacy and end the attack by acting as a third party negotiator. I know it sound crazy or downright insane but I have to try. And to be honest I think I just fell out of my tree stand and am in a coma, so no harm, no foul.” I said, though Marionette was looking at me like I was insane, and I don’t blame her, I never was good a politics.

“They do have a leader, her name is Queen Chrysalis. She was in the castle last time I knew, it’s only around the corner.” She said, I just nodded and was about to turn to leave but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I looked back just hear Marionette say, “Your insane, but be careful.”

I nodded, put the mask back on, grabbed my bow and put an arrow in the notch. Once I was ready I took off to the castle with the intention of stopping this feud one way or another, and finding a way to wake up or go back home if this was all real.

Author's Note:

This is just a test chapter, i may or may not continue this, it all depends. Constructive criticism is appreciated, and if you want to make a suggestion on how the meeting with chrysalis should go, just leave a comment down below.......now i just sound like Zecora.